FALLING

THE IMPOSTORS

The next morning Yoona is currently having her breakfast with Wendy. She has been working for her for years and she treats her as her sister for so long. They were quietly enjoying their meal when someone rings her doorbell.


Minhyuk approached them and asked permission if he would open the door informing them that he is someone from the V group. Yoona gave her a nod an indirect answer for a yes. 


It was Jhope. He confidently faced Yoona and Wendy but still managed to show them respect as he bowed at them. “I came here to hand you this.”- Jhope said as he took the invitation for Seoul Stadium grand opening from his pocket offering it to Yoona with his both hands.


“What is that?” -Yoona asked and refused to take the invitation.


But Jhope didn’t move a bit and maintained his offering hand “Its an invitation. I am the personal sidekick of Mr. Baek’s son and I am here to hand this to you personally to assure you that he’ll be there and will attend the event.”
“I have no in..” 


“Okay Ms. Im will be there!” -Wendy said and grabbed the invitation from Jhope. Interrupting her Boss.


Jhope shook his arms to get rid of heaviness he felt as he remained his arms extended for a long time. He bowed at them and left them at the dining area.


“What the hell are you thinking? Why did you took that?” -Yoona asked her.


Wendy let go of the utensils she is holding and take a look at the invitation at the Seoul Stadium. Sometimes she decides for her Boss and when she does she never fails her with good result. “Come on Ms. Im, it will be very hard for us to look for someone who’s capable of running your family’s company. You just have to explain him your terms once you met him. Make it clear and direct to the point.”


“I just hope he would really show up cause if he won’t I’ll make Baek construction company burned down to hell.” -She furiously said as she stabs her sunny side up with a fork, breaking the perfect yolk in the middle.


“Okay calm down. First of all there’s no need for you to interrogate him on why didn’t he showed up before. You’re a fake couple anyway there’s no need to talk about personal issues.” -Wendy explained.


---
On the other hand despite he failed to recognize Joohyun’s face under Seulgi’s name, Taehyung still tried to find her by listing all the address of Seulgi’s working for him in Seoul and it took him several hours to find Joohyun’s neighborhood.
He skipped breakfast just to leave his penthouse early in order not to be teased by Jhope. His stomach grumbles and his lips is getting dry. He decided to eat at a mini chiken house where there are only 4 seats available and capable of attending 10-20 customers.


Taehyung was busy eating when his ordered arrived. He liked the taste of the chicken the sauce was tasty and thick just right to fill his empty stomach. He headed at the counter and met Taeyeon he politely paid more than his bill since he enjoyed the meal.


He wears his coat and thanked Taeyeon for the food. He was about to leave when Joohyun came from delivering service blocking her way. She was so busy that she failed tk recognize him and he was just there frozen staring at the sweaty and messed hair girl passing by her but he didn’t mind, she still look attractive despite how furious she looks.


Joohyun took off her helmet and packed some Kimchi in a container for them to display at the counter. Taehyung’s feet just lead him on Joohyun’s direction and the next thing she knew he’s blocking her way already.


“Excuse me.. But customers are not allowed to stay here. Please go outside.” -Joohyun said.
“Don’t you remember me?”- Taehyung asked her.


Joohyun narrowed her eyes and realized he looks familiar. Its just that she can’t remember when or where did they meet. So Taehyung messed up his hair and pulled his bangs in front to cover his forehead. That’s when she realized who he was!


“You!” -She said surprisingly and pointed him “The stupid bell boy!” 


“What? You’re calling me that?”- Taehyung said.


Joohyun took the broom hanging on their wall and warned Taehyung that she’ll hit the hell out of him if he won’t leave their shop and there he is extending his arms while his hands are fully opened trying to stop Joohyun with her plans of hurting him.
but there’s nothing he can’t do.. He was pushed away and was slammed by the door informing him that he is unwelcome in the chicken house.


Taehyung was about to leave and opened the door of his car when suddenly a stranger showed up hitting his nape making him collapse on the ground. He took his car together with his wallet and phone and run away from him.


Taeyeon received another call and asked Joohyun to deliver some food. Joohyun is already seated on the scooter when he noticed Taehyung lying on the ground unconscious she immediately went off the scooter and run towards him.


She kneeled and tapped his face too many times but he won’t answer. “Yah bell boy ireona!”


Joohyun called an ambulance and it arrived immediately. She was supposed to ride back on the scooter when a medical staff stopped her informing her that the patient has to come to the hospital with company.


She was left with no choice but to come with them calling back the customer that she won’t be able to deliver the food because of an emergency. Taehyung was brought to the emergency area and Joohyun was asked to fill out the patient’s information.


“Name? I don’t even know his name.” - Joohyun told herself so she wrote Bell Boy on his name and assume every information she wrote is correct.


She received a call from her Mom asking if Taehyung was okay and she honestly told her that she hasn’t seen him yet. Her Mom asked her to look after him until he wakes up to call his family.


Taehyung woke up layin on the emergency ward. His nape just feel so heavy and a light touch on his back hurts because of the bruise he got.


“It’s robbery Ma’am. That’s what we suspect he has no wallets nor phones inside his pocket when we brought him here.” -The nurse informed Joohyun.


“Omo.. Poor Bell boy.” -She told herself and bowed at the nurse. She head back to Taehyung’s bed and found him awake already.
“What happened?”- Taehyung asked her.


She purses her lips doubting to tell him thinking that he might feel upset. “Well.. Someone robbed you and the nurse said someone hit your nape that’s why you collapsed.” 


“Is that so?” -Taehyung said not worrying his belongings are taken away from him.


“I am sorry for my rude attitude towards you earlier. If I didn’t just dismissed you that way this won’t happen to you.”- Joohyun said out of guilt.


Taehyung smirks as he finds it funny. How could she blamed herself for what happened to him when in fact she has nothing to do with the incident that happened to him. “Kwenchana its not your fault.” -Taehyung told her.


A nurse approached them with a discharge note for Taehyung. They were informed that Taehyung got a crack at the back of his jaw but its nothing serious since it will self heal for a period of time.


Joohyun offered Taehyung that she’ll send him home but he insisted telling her he’ll be the one who should send her to thank her for looking after him but if he could just honestly tell her he just wants to know where the exact place she lives.


“We’re here.” -Joohyun said and a rusty and discolored maroon gate welcomed him and he smiles now that he knew where she lives.


He was about to say goodbye when they heard Taeyeon scream inside the house. They rushed inside and their stuffs were scattered on the floor. A man keep on banging everything he could hold on the floor.


It was the landlord they have been skipped their rent for 6 months already and he was just pissed. 


Joohyun run towards her Mom to protect her and Taehyung was just annoyed seeing Joohyun scared and was about to cry. He gritted his teeth enduring the Landlord’s immoral behavior and asked him to stop but he won’t listen.


“Who are you!? Don’t you know how much this family owes me?”-The landlord told him.


“Please dont take away our home. I had the money earlier but I had to use it for the hospital bill.”- Joohyun begged.


“We’re not related but please calm down. We will pay the rent for a year including the interests of the months they failed to pay I promise.” -Taehyung said..


“Okay.. Give me the money now.” -The Landlord said extending his hand to Taehyung.


Taehyung slip his hand in his pocket but there’s nothing inside it. “I told you, you’ve been robbed.” -Joohyun said.


That makes him more frustrated but he don’t want to show Joohyun how furious he is once his patience has left him. He asked for the Landlord’s phone and called Jungkook.


“How much is the monthly rent again?” -Taehyung asked him while the phone rings Jungkook’s phone.
“Its $200 plus 50$ interest for unpaid months.” -The Landlord said.


“I need $3000 cash to pay a rent locate my exact place and hand it to me right now.” -Taehyung hand the phone back to the Landlord. “I need you to fix the mess you cause inside this house while we’re waiting for the payment.”


The Landlord rowdy laughed at him. “You can’t even assure that you’ll be able to pay me tonight and you’re commanding me to do something I don’t need to?”


“I am not commanding you. I am asking you in a polite way.” -Taehyung said.


Later on Jungkook arrived and he accidentally hit his head above the door frame since it was too low and he didn’t notice it. “What is this mess?!” -He yelled at everyone.


Jungkook hates a messy place because he hates bad odors and he couldn’t just take it. He repeatedly wrinkles his nose enduring the mess he sees on the floor. He throw the bag in front of Taehyung and stared at him.


“What’s that? I only asked for $3000 “ -Taehyung said as he smirks.


“aish.. It’s a $100,000 let’s just buy this home.” -Jungkook confidently said.


“Jeon J.. I mean Boss. We don’t have to.” -Taehyung said as he started to freak out with Jungkook’s actions.


“Of course you can I promise to hand you the title tomorrow and replace everything I broke with a new one.” -The Landlord said as he hugged the bag full of money and left them.


Joohyun wiped her tears and started to clean up the place. “kamsamnida.” -Joohyun told him.


“There’s no need to thank me. My Boss paid for it.” -Taehyung said.


“Don’t thank me. It’s a reward for risking your life for me. I mean if it wasn’t you I was supposed to be the one who was poisoned.” -Jungkook said since he recognized her despite he has no idea at first that the money his brother was asking is for her.


Joohyun bowed at him and continued cleaning up. Taehyung dragged Jungkook outside her house and both of them hit their head on the low door frame. 


“What is this Hyung?”- Jungkook curiously and worriedly asked.


“gumawo for your help.” -Taehyung said.


“You can’t send me away like this. Explain everything to me.” -Jungkook told his brother.


“Okay someone wants to kill me. First the food poisoning and second I was robbed. She was the one who sent me to the hospital and I need to hide, I’ll stay here for a while.” -Taehyung said.


Jungkook being the younger brother never interfere with his older brother’s decision. Despite disapproving his plan he knew he never made decisions that will cause a failure. He was just too worried for him to stay at a place differently where he used to stay.


Taehyung went inside their home and found them preparing dinner as they finished cleaning the whole house. “Bell boy have a sit.” -Joohyun offered.


“Bell Boy is there anything we could do to return the favor on you..” -Taeyeon asked him.


“There’s nothing. I told you I wasn’t the one who paid for your house.” -Taehyung said with a smile after hearing her call as the same name that Joohyun called him as if she was his mother in law greeting him.


“Ani.. If it wasn’t you we won’t be able to contact your rich friend Boss.” -Joohyun insisted.


“Okay if you insist.. I need a place to stay and a job and if its not too much I want to stay here and work in your chicken house.” -Taehyung requested.


“Miane Bell Boy-ssi but.. We’re not capable of paying your salary our income for a day are saved for Haechan’s school.” -Joohyun embarrassedly said.


“just feed me then. That would be enough for a salary don’t worry I am not a picky eater.” -Taehyung said.


“Ok if that’s the least thing we can do for you then we were happy to welcome you in our family. Please have a sit and eat dinner with us.” -Taeyeon offered.


Joohyun gave him her natural smile tapping the space beside her asking Taehyung to sit beside her. He did and with their close distance he felt nervous and he blushed slightly as he kept on staring on his stainless bowl to appreciate Joohyun’s reflection.


after eating Joohyun showed Taehyung’s room and its the room facing hers. The room is dusty, full of spider webs and smells like old papers stored inside the room.


“Can you start tomorrow? Cause I won’t be able to acompany Omma at the chicken house since I’ll be cleaning your room for the whole day.” -Joohyun said.


“Tomorrow? That soon? Of course!” -Taehyung excitedly said.


“Anyway isn’t the job as a steward is easier than working in a small chicken house?” -Joohyun asked him.


“Well I lost my job after they found out I ate my Boss’ food.” -Taehyung giggled. “What about you? Aren’t you going to continue your work there?”


“Well. Honestly I really don’t work there I just replaced my friend who’s originally working there as a stewardess.” -Joohyun revealed.
“You mean.. You’re not Seulgi?” 


“I am Joohyun.. Bae Joohyun.” -She offeref her hand to shake. “What’s your name?”


“Yungho.. Seo Yungho.” -Taehyung said and shake her hand. 


Joohyun clumsily pulled a white sheet on the floor and the dusts just flew in the air making her sneeze right in front of Taehyung.
“Omo! Miane!” -Joohyun said and she used her hand to wipe of Taehyung’s face.


Her touch made him froze and stare blankly to her. She’s just too attractive in his eyes, with their close distance facing each other, his heart beats faster as if he wanted to stop the time and stay longet standing in front of her. This is the first time that he felt this. all he thought her presence was just comforting to him and now it seems like he’s falling for her but is unaware of it.