REGRET

THE IMPOSTORS

The night keeps on going but Joohyun is still full awake. She’s completely blank and her eyes are focus on her room’s cream and gold ceiling, she can’t find out what she’s feeling right now but there’s one thing dominates her mind. She misses Taehyung and she badly regret those words she told him.

 

Joohyun frowned in sadness, she can’t contemplate nor assemble what comes up to her mind. “Irene are you sure you’re not going to eat?” -Solar asked behind her doors but she remained silent and ignore her long time friend. She curled herself on her bed while she tightly hugs a pillow beside her.

 

Until she was able to convince herself to see Taehyung at that moment. Who is she fooling anyway if he’s the only one who could trash her sadness away. So she look at herself in the mirror and screamed in surprise. She looks awful. Her hair is messy, her eyes are swollen, her dark circles are prominent and her lipstick just stained up to her cheeks. She can’t let Taehyung see her like this Irene Cotillard wouldn’t want anyone to see her miserable and right now her face just tell her so.

 

Solar immediately opened her door and rushed inside. She seems to be fine but only her messy look was questionable to her. “What happened? Why did you screamed?”

 

“I look so different. I can’t let Taehyung see me like this.” -Joohyun said as she went back to her bed and covered herself with her thick fluffy purple blanket.

 

Solar rolled her eyes after a deep breath “Jeez I thought something worse just happened to you.”

 

She suddenly sobs as she pulled away the blanket she used to cover herself. “Nothing’s gonna be worse than to be a buddy by someone you loved.” -She said between her heavily sobs.

 

Solar looks so disgusted with her 7 year old like cry. So she took the blanket and forcefully covered it over her face. She was about to leave her room when Bobby went inside in a hurry.

 

“We found out where the drugs are being shipped.” -Bobby informed them.

 

Joohyun suddenly stopped crying and wiped her tears. It seems like everything just runs perfectly over her hands. “We need concrete evidence. Send someone there I need evidence on my hand.”

 

“Ne Madam Cotillard.” -Bobby leaves with his phone on his ear.

 

Joohyun walked away from her room to have some glass of wine. She handed Solar a glass to and they toast for their near success but then she whine once again after tasting the wine. It’s the same wine that she first tasted in Taehyung’s penthouse years ago.

 

“Ah Jinja! You’re really acting weird.” -Solar said as she straighten up her glass of wine.

 

Joohyun managed to fill half of her glass once again. “This drink just reminds me of him more. Why do I look like devastated?” -Joohyun complained.

 

“I’m sure he’s hurt because of you’re not by his side anymore. So please cheer up!” -Solar said.

 

“Do me a favor. Can you come over his home and check how he is doing?” -Joohyun asked her.

 

“Why would I do that!” -Solar asked.

 

“Because you are told to do so. Here’s my keys,” -Joohyun handed her keys to her palms and she went straight to her room gulping the whole bottle of wine in her black silk robe.

 

Solar made her way to Taehyung’s home after having the exact address from Joohyun. She reached the guard house and she was informed that Taehyung was hospitalized this morning and she was surprised  about it.

 

She came back silent and uneasy. Joohyun immediately jumped off her bed after finding out that Solar came back. Her face is already red and she seems to be drunk. “How is he? Did he looked for me? Did you introduced yourself?” -Joohyun asked her with tons of question.

 

“The guard didn’t let me in. Uhmm.. It looks like he’s also in pain since he doesn’t want to accommodate any visitors.” -Solar lied. She can’t tell her the truth,  they’re already closer to achieve their plans and she don’t want Joohyun to divide her attention.

 

She cheered up. “Yes! I knew it I’m not the only one who’s suffering here,” -Joohyun said as she extends her arms.

 

“You better take a rest now.” -Solar said as she pushed her to her room.

 

--

The next morning Johnny arrived at his office placing the suitcase beside his desk after he sends off the triplets to school. It was supposed to be a normal day for him. Reviewing or approving proposal, revising contract agreement etc. But someone unexpected came to his office. It was Changsub, he didn’t even bother to knock on his door and barge in as if Johnny is his employee.

 

“Hyung.. it’s been a while please have a sit.” -Johnny offered despite he doesn’t know what could be his intention he still stayed nice to him.

 

He slams his desk making him lean back in fear. “How much money do you have?”

 

“Hyung.. what was that for?”

 

“I’m asking you how much money do you have?!” -Changsub yelled at him. “I need $1,000,000 right away!” -He added.

 

Johnny gulped “I’m sorry Hyung but I can't lend you that large amount of money.” -Johnny apologized.

 

“You have to lend me the money I need! After all you’re just  a trash that my cousin picked up somewhere. You owe my family a lot!” -Changsub insulted him.

 

But the insult is no longer new to him. Even before that Changsub found out the truth he has been throwing insulting words to Johnny. “I already told you Hyung I can’t lend you that large amount of money or else the company will fall.”

 

“I don’t care if the company falls! You have taken away what has been destined to be mine. This company was supposed to be mine until you came!” -Changsub said and he grabbed Johnny’s collar with his gritted teeth he punched Johnny making him fall on his .

 

“Stop!” -Yoona barge inside after someone informed her that Changsub is in the company. Ahe found her innocent husband fall on the floor so she approached her and worriedly checked if he’s okay.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” -Yoona pushed her cousin hard.

 

“I need $1,000,000! Give it to me right now!” -Changsub demand.

 

Yoona smirked from what she have heard. “As far as I’m concerned we don’t owe you that large amount of money.” -Yoona reminded him.

 

“This company was mine! It was supposed to be mine!” -Changsub insisted.

 

“It was never yours! You never worked hard for the development of this company.” -Yoona fired back. “I was the one who struggled to keep this company standing up for years while you were busy spending your money with useless stuffs.”

 

Johnny tried to calm her down by hugging her from the back. He hold her hand tightly to remind her that Changsub is still her cousin and she still has to respect him but Yoona pulled her hand away from him. She has been holding herself for years with his cousin’s bratty attitude and this time she can no longer give the respect she was expecting to give.

 

Changsub laugh hard as if he’s getting out of his mind. “You’re funny! Stop making stories. I came here before you did so you better leave and I am taking back my company!”

 

Before Yoona could respond to his delusional statements Changsub phone’s rings interrupting their burning conversation. The caller was Ravi and he was informed to come over the shipping port of VIXX trading co. “I’ll be back.” -He warned and left the couple alone.

 

Yoona embraced Johnny tightly to comfort him from what happened. Up until now she still feels embarrassed with her cousin’s careless action. She asked Johnny to sit on his couch while she took some ice to place it on his fresh bruise.

 

His face wrinkled upon the ice touch. “It must be so painful.” -Yoona said.

 

“Kwenchana. We don’t know where your cousin is coming from and why he badly needs that large amount of money.” -Johnny said still defending Changsub.

 

“Will you please stop saying that you’re okay. He hits you for no reason and we’ve been considerate to him for years. We’ve been postponing our wedding because he won’t guve his blessings.”

 

But Johnny held her hand. He knows how frustrated she was, she has been enduring her cousin’s bratty attitude for years. “Have you forgot your Grandpa’s wish? We have to earn everyone’s family member's blessing before we could marry. Let’s wait more.”

 

Yoona rest her head on his shoulders feeling sorry for hee impulsive decisions. She forgot that she has to consider her Grandpa’s wish and besides she still want to fix everything with Changsub in order for him to stop insulting Johnny and her children.

 

Changsub arrived at the location and he found Yeri still tied up sitting on the chair. He gulped in fear that Ravi has hostaged someone inside the truck.

 

“what’s happening here?” -Changsub asked in stutter as he feels sorry for Yeri.

 

“Since you’re the one who lost our million dollar profit. You should also be the one to do the job.” -Ravi said and he slides a gun in front of Changsub. “Do whatever it takes to convince this girl to hack those bank accounts presented to her.” -Ravi commanded and he shut the door.

 

Yeir wrinkled her eyebrows while she stares at him. She’s not afraid, she can read it to his face that he’s not capable of killing someone but he still managed to took the gun but he couldn’t handle it confidently.

 

“You heard him! Do it now!” -Changsub commanded trying to be brave.

 

“How am I supposed to do that if I’m all tied up?!” -Yeri complained.

 

She’s right. She needs both of her hands to access the bank accounts. So Changsub took the knife and cut the rope encircling her wrist. She started typing on the computer and she finished transferring almost half a million of money to VIXX trading co.’s account.

 

Without Changsub knowing that she has alert every police station in the city about the VIXX trading co.’s dirty tactics. She even found out where her exact location is so she informed Jungkook about it in order for him not to get worried.

 

Every police station received her message one at a time. Some would try to ignore it but after the other station confirmed that they have received the same message they immediately rushed through the shipping port of the company.

 

Ravi was supposed to make his way back to his office when bundles of police vehicle and police man blocked his gate. His eyes widened and he ordered every illegal drugs and firearms to be hidden.

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo. I am CEO Ravi. Is there anything I can help you with?” -he approached them as he went off his car.

 

The police faced a search warrant in front of him but he won't allow them since he wasn’t informed beforehand but the warrant has already signed so they barge inside opening the gate of the shipping port.

 

Bobby and informed his asset to leave immediately after the police has surrounded the whole area. He can’t even count how many are they.

 

While the searching operation has begun a ship slowly moves away from the port. The truck where Changsub and Yeri are was brought and both of them freaked out after they felt like they’re moving. Changsub tried to open the doors but Ravi locked them inside.

 

VIXX trading co. Shipping port truck 27 reporting one hostage, illegal drugs and firearms. Exact location truck 3rd to the left nearest to the exit. -The police followed the exact location but the 3rd truck to the left is already missing until he saw a ship leaving with a truck on it.

 

“Truck 27 is leaving!” -The police screamed.

 

“Stop the ship right now!” -The head police ordered Ravi but he pushed them and he attempted to ride back to his car but he failed. It was a wrong idea to introduce himself as a CEO in the very first place.

 

“Sir the sender of the location is also moving with the ship. The hostage might be inside.” -The policeman said as he showed his GPS.

 

“Order the coastguards to block their way immediately!” -The head police said.

 

Jungkook has finally received Yeri’s location. So she grabbed his coat and leave the emergency room by himself. He called his yacht caretaker to ask the captain to prepare since Yeri’s location is started to get far away from the ports of VIXX trading co.

 

He managed to arrive after a 30 minutes drive and they immediately followed Yeri’s specific location and she still continues to move. “Yeri-aa hang on I’ll be there.” -Jungkook told himself.

 

They’re already 5oKm away from the V group port when Yeri’s location stopped at 10Km exactly away from them. As they finally reached thei destination the VIXX trading co. Ship is surrounded by the Seoul’s coastguards. He got more worried since he can’t still see Yeri until Changsub came out from the truck locking Yeri on his arm with a gun pointed on her head.

 

“Get out of our way or I’ll shoot this woman!” -He yelled well enough the coastguards to hear.

 

“No! Yeri-aa!” -Jungkook said. He was supposed to jump on the water bravely but the caretaker stopped him.

 

“This is the Seoul’s coastguard chief release the woman now before you could earn multiple charges.” -They warned.

 

“Shut up!” -Changsub fired his gun towards them and for a beginner it’s expected that he missed a shot and because of that careless action a coastguard member fire his gun too hitting Changsub’s chest and Yeri’s arm both of them fell down and the coast guards rushed to the ship.

 

Jungkook passed out after witnessing the shooting incident as he thought Yeri was also shot by the gun. “Chairman Jeon!” -The caretaker freaked out and even the captain so they decided to move back and send Jungkook to the hospital.

 

Changsub is already unconscious while Yeri was able to raised herself while enduring the pain of her gunshot wound. A coastguard immediately assists them and some of them found the drugs and firearms.

 

--

 

Jungkook wake up from the emergency room and he freaked out as soon as he opens his eyes. “Where is Programmer Kim!” -He asked and he caught everyone’s attention that everyone in the area looked at him.

 

“I’m here. Calm down.” -Yeri said as she hands him a glass of water with a bandage on her arm. Closing the curtains to stop people judging her boyfriend.

 

Jungkook stared at her whole body convincing himself that she’s totally alive and she laughed “Are you molesting me with that stare Chairman Jeon?”

 

“No I’m sorry. I thought you were badly shot.” -Jungkook worriedly said.

 

“It’s just a touched of a bullet on my arm. Stop worrying now and thankyou for coming over to save me.” -Yeri said as he cupped his face.

 

“I’m sorry if I let someone take you away from me. I should be the one who protected you.” -Jungkook said and he emrbaced her so tight.

 

“Sh.. I don’t want you blaming yourself with this. We don’t want this to happened so please calm down and relax.” -Yeri comforted him.

 

Joohyun just finished her makeover at the salon. She made her hair more blonde after some black hairs appeared and also to fade her heartbraking look. She made her way to Taehyung’s home so she could talk to him personally. She can no longer prolong the agony between the two of them but before she could reach his home Bobby finally called,

 

“Madam Cotillard, Chairman Ravi is currently at the police station while Changsub was reportedly dead upon arrival at the hospital.” -Bobby informed her.

 

“What?!” -Joohyun exclaimed. She didn’t expect that he will be jailed too fast so she immediately went back to her place to meet Bobby.

 

She reached her place and found Bobby, Solar and some of their assets are watching the news.

“CEO and Founder of The VIXX trading co. Ravi was arrested a while ago after finding out that he’s shipping drugs and firearms inside and outside the country.”

 

“How did this happened?” -Joohyun asked.

 

“They hostage a programmer to hack their father’s bank account and she ended up calling the police on that location.” -Bobby informed his Boss.

 

“and Changsub?” -Joohyun asked.

 

“According to the coastguards he tried to kill the programmer by pointing a gun to her and firing the gun at them.” -He added.

 

Joohyun felt sad about it. She didn’t know Changsub will be capable of risking someone’s life one day.

 

“The CEO is now currently facing charges of illegal possession of firearms and prohibited drugs. It was also reported that the coastguards found the same 5in explosive material that was found on a western restaurant years ago. The police are now considering the CEO as the person behind the unknown explosion years ago and in this case the Chairman will be facing additional charges according to the police.” -The news added.

 

Joohyun started to cry she didn’t plan it this way but everything perfectly happened the way she wanted it to be and she ended up hugging Solar because of this. Even Bobby who worked so hard for years for her teared up as their effort and suffering was worth it.

 

So she confidently went to the police station to meet Ravi. He was escorted by 2 policemen and assisted him to sit opposite to Joohyun in a closed room. He express his sorrowful expression but Joohyun didn’t feel even a drop of pity on him. He deserves his orange uniform and handcuffs on his wrist.

 

“Madam Cotillard I was a victim of wrong accusations.” -Ravi said.

 

“You are?” -She sarcastically asked.

 

“Yes. Those were planted on our place and now they’re blaming everything to me. I’m sure my step brother is the one behind this.” -Ravi said trying to convince her that Taehyung is their enemy.

 

“He did that?” -Joohyun faked her expression.

 

“Yes! I’m certain of it.” -Ravi responds.

 

Joohyun laughed at him sarcastically as if the expression of worriness just immeditaly fade. Her eyes narrowed and her lips are pursed like a scary mother ready to hit her kid. She took a picture of Bae Joohyun from her coat and slide it in front of Ravi.

 

“What’s with the picture?” -Ravi innocently asked.

 

Joohyun copied her smile in the picture and Ravi’s eyes widened his jaw left hanged as he can clearly see how she nearly resembles Joohyun. “andwe.. she already died!” -Ravi said between his fake laughs.

 

“Did she?” -Joohyun leaned forward to give him a closer look and he slides his chair back that the police has to hold it for him. Joohyun sit back once again and the next thing she slides in front of him is a folder with 5 pages document.

 

Ravi slowly opened the folder “Contract to dissolve The VIXX trading co. Under the V group.

The company has failed to reach the pre requisite percentage of profit that’s required to be an extended company of The V group.

 

Signed by Irene Cotillard, CEO of The V group trading co.

 

“Andwe! You planned all of this!” -Ravi said as he throws the document. “You planned to bring Changsub in the casino!”

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about but we signed a mutual contract agreement. I have to go now good luck on your case Chairman Ravi.” -Joohyun said as she made a confident exit after a bow.

 

Joohyun teared up as soon as she leaves the police station. It feels like a tightrope just untied around her neck and she just can’t help but to smile together with her tears.

 

--

On the other hand Seulgi just finished her lunch so she retouched her make up and decided to roam around to check her employees. As expected all of them are doing just right just how she perfectly trained them. She made her way to her office and found Jong In carrying some boxes as he went out from his office.

 

“Manager Kim what’s with the box?” -Seulgi asked.

 

“I just resigned this morning.” -Jong In said.

 

“What?! Waeyo?” -Seulgi surprisingly asked.

 

“Well..” -He faked a smile. “It feels like staying here is a burden and I don’t want my work to be interfere with my feelings.”

 

“I don’t get it.”

 

“I was the one who sent those letter secretly Manager Kang and unfortunately Chairman Park learned about it.”

 

“Did he fired you or asked you to resign?”

 

Jong In just smiled and didn’t respond. “You’re not resigning!” -Seulgi took his box and put it back to his office. She thought Jimin scared him that he made him choose between his work and his feelings so she took a taxi and rushed to her boyfriend’s company.

 

“What a pleasant surprise Honey!” -Jimin extended his arms as he welcomes her barging inside her office.

 

“Why did you threaten Manager Kim!?” -Seulgi yelled at him, “You shouldn’t put your jealousy over my work Chairman Park!”

 

“what are you saying? Did he told you that?” -Jimin curiously asked.

 

“Park Jimin! I know what you can do when you’re jealous but do you really have to take over his job just because of your stupid and childish jealousy?!”

 

“Hey I admit that I really got jealous but I never threaten him if he told you that then he’s trying to separate us. Believe me Honey.” -Jimin explained.

 

“Stop! I don’t know what to believe anymore. I don’t want to sleep with you tonight, don’t come over our house.” -Seulgi told him and he was just left speechless. How could she just decide something without having a concrete evidence.

 

Seulgi went back to the hotel wearing the frustration all over her face. She went straight to check Jong In and he’s still there seated on his desk and the box is still on his side.

 

“I already talked to him he will no longer threaten you Manager Kim.” -Seulgi said.

 

“Kamsamnida. I was so scared that he’ll use his powers to kick me out.” -Jong In said.

 

“No he will never do that.” -Seulgi assured him.

 

Jong In stood up from his table and he thanked Seulgi attempting to hug her but she stepped back. “There’s no need for this Manager Kim.” -She awkwardly said.

 

Jong In smiled and she smiled back to get rid of the awkwardness “Come on Manager Kang. I mean you will not make an effort to confront your boyfriend about it anyway if you don’t want me.” -Jong In said as he grab her arm.

 

“Stop. Don’t get it the wrong way.” -Seulgi said as she withdraws her arm.

 

“Honestly I thought you really don’t want me cause you didn’t come on our planned drinking session after the chairman’s meeting was cancelled but after what you’ve done I realized you’re also craving for me.”

 

Seulgi tried to run away but his doors will no longer open. It's so stiff that she can’t pull to open it.

 

“Manager Kang kaja.” -Jong In said as he tried to put Seulgi’s hand inside his pants but she immediately withdraws her hand and kicked Jong In that he fell on the floor. He was furious about it so he grabbed Seulgi’s hair and throw her over his couch. That’s when he ed and his pants in front of her.

 

But before he could get over her Jimin together with some of the guards crashed his doors. They jumped over him and Jimin run to pull the poor crying Seulgi away from him. The guards took Jong In away and Jimin escorted his girlfriend to her office.

 

“I’m sorry am I too late?” -Jimin asked.

 

Seulgi was so scared that she won’t let go Jimin with her tight embrace. “Kwenchanaseo he didn’t touch me. How did you found out?”

 

“I installed a camera in her office after finding out that he’s been into you.” -Jimin said as she hugs her tightly

 

“Miane, I should’ve listened to you.” -Seulgi said with guilt.

 

“kwenchanaseo. I know you’re only protecting your employees that’s natural in you.” -Jimin said. “So am I allowed to go home in your house tonight?” -He asked.

 

“Of course.” -Seulgi said.

 

A knocked on Seulgi’s office interrupted their sweet moment. Both of their eyes widened and their jaw dropped after seeing who it is. It’s Joohyun! Her hair is no longer blonde that she dyed it into black.

 

“Joohyun?” -Jimin horribly asked.

 

“Joohyun unnie!” -Seulgi run and hugged her. Now that her hair is the same dhe could tell that she’s really alive despite with her blue eyes.

 

“Do I look like Bae Joohyun now?” -Joohyun asked her friend.

 

Seulgi nods and a tear dropped from her eyes. She missed her friend so much and now she doesn’t have to hold herself back in hugging her because she looks real with her hair black.

 

“You look good with the natural color of your hair. What makes you decide to do this?”

 

“I’m planning to reveal my true identity to Taehyung now.” -Joohyun said.

 

“You can’t.” -Seulgi said while she bit her lower lip as she was dying to tell her what happened to Taehyung.

 

“He’s in the comatosed at the hospital. The V medical center suite floor room 220.” -Jimin revealed with a heavy heart.

 

“What?! Since when?” -Joohyun asked worriedly.

 

“It’s been 3 days now.” -Jimin said and Joohyun rushed to the hospital leaving the two alone in her office.

 

“Thank you.” -Seulgi told her boyfriend with a kiss on his lips.

 

Joohyun was stocked in a traffic feeling guilty and drowning in conscience after she burst out her words because of her anger. She feels worried that all of her strength subsides her knees are weak and she’s beginning to faint.

 

She dialed Solar and asked her to drive for her to the hospital since she’s just a kilometer away from where she is and due to the heavy traffic Solar was able to reach her on the same place she was asked to come.

 

“Is everything alright? You look weak. Why do we need to go to the hospital?” -Solar asked as she try to ignore her black hair.

 

“Because you lied to me! You didn’t tell me Taehyung is in the hospital!” -Joohyun exclaimed between her coughs.

 

“I’m sorry Joohyun. We were so close to our plan and I don’t want you to divert your attention to him.” -Solar defend herself.

 

“and because of that I’ll see him half dead and half alive!” -Joohyun said as she started hyperventilating

 

“are you alright?” -Solar asked.

 

“I am I need to see him” -Joohyun said and she fainted.