IRENE COTILLARD

THE IMPOSTORS

5 YEARS AGO

The sound of the explosion from her head woke her up. Her eyes are open but it was so dark she realized she has a bandage wrapped around her eyes. She started to cry and to panic hoping that the explosion was just a dream. The blurred scene from the buring western restaurant and the blurred noise coming from the sirens of ambulance and firetrucks were still fresh in her mind.

“Joohyun please calm down.” -an unfamiliar voice told her.

She shakes her head as she flexed her knees near to her chest. She balled herself while she rest her forehead over her knees as she continuously crying. “Please tell me that explosion wasn’t real.”

“Miane.. I’ll be lying if I tell you that eveything was a dream.”-She replied.

All she can do is to cry. It’s a severe lost for her the bandage wrapped around her eyes was already soaked with tears until the doctor came to unwrapped it from her. After countless blinks her vision became cleared and she was surprised with her new look in the mirror.

Her hair is blonde, she gained a bangs, her eyes are already crystal blue and she gained light freckles in her face just like how a western people looks like. “Why do I look like this? This isn’t me!” -Joohyun burst out in anger throwing the mirror in front of her.

“Joohyun-ssi you have to stay strong! The explosion wasn’t an accident, it was planned!” -the female stranger said.

“Who are you? and how did you know everything about it!” -Joohyun asked with her raised voice. 

The female stranger showed a weary expression what happened was also a lost for her. She is Solar, Joohyun already met her at the V hotel with Eric Nam. Solar is Ravi’s ex-wife and Ravi’s mother owned an exporting company after finding out that her ex husband was exporting drugs outside the country she told the police and the exporting company was shut down by the government and because of that Ravi planned to kill Solar but she failed, they all thought Solar died drowning in the depths of the sea but she survived after some coast guards roaming around found her. She changed everything about her to get revenge and even marry Eric who’s one of Ravi’s drug dealers overseas. 

Despite the export company was shut down Ravi failed to get the $500,000,000 profit of the export company since according to the last will of his grand father everything will be received by his youngest son Kim Jonghyun, Joohyun and Haechan’s father but Jonghyun knows Ravi will run after for his life so he made his last will to transfer eveything to Haechan once he turned 18 and as expected Jonghyun died and also Haechan on his 18th birthday.

“Why didn’t you tell me about this earlier!? I should’ve protected my family instead.” -Joohyun said.

“There’s no way to protect them Joohyun-ssi! You were also about to get killed and they also failed!” -Solar responds and she took Joohyun’s bag full of dust and dirt, she took the file that Taeyeon handed her that night and she handed it to Joohyun. 

“None of us know when will they plan to kill you and your family.” -Solar said

Joohyun opened the file and it wasn’t an insurance application just like what Taeyeon said. It was a contract saying that Haechan transfers the $500,000,000 to Joohyun.

“How did Omma know that I’ll survive the explosion?!” -Joohyun asked.

“She has no idea. She was planning to meet Ravi’s family after your brother’s birthday to offer her own life in behalf of your brother so you and your brother have something to use once she’s gone but the explosion happened earlier than expected.” -Solar said

Joohyun already understands everything and all what she wanted to do is to revenger for her late family and boyfriend. So she signed the papers and agreed to Solar’s plan. 

“Once the full amount of money successfully transfers to you.. That will be the last time that you’ll be called Bae Joohyun.” -Solar said.

--

“Madam Cotillard.. Your breakfast is ready.”-A french maid knocked on Joohyun’s bedroom.

“Yes I’ll be there.” -Joohyun said. It has been 5 years and Joohyun became the President of a well known transport company around Europe. She has been hiding for several years in France and her hard working and goal oriented attitude just made her to the top.

“Good Morning Solar.” -Joohyun greeted her only long time friend wearing a silk robe covering her body. She still looks the same the blonde hair, freckles and blue eyes remains but just like how she totally changed her look her natural bright smile also faded long years ago.

“We’ll be meeting our Korean look outs today. They’ll be in your office before lunch.” -Solar informed Joohyun.

She took a cup of herbal tea that was purchased in India and smells the scent of it. This is how she wanted her morning goes. “Great. I have lots to ask them.”

Every employee inside the 50 floor building were informed that Madam Cotillard will be coming. So everyone tidy up their places and look for something they could do to make themselves busy. Joohyun is a scary Boss the employees call her the ‘Silent Aligator’ because just like how an alligator sees its prey she could easily catch an employee relaxing and unwiding during work and she hates that.

Joohyun arrived at her company wearing her $2,000 corporate attire. The sound of her high heels just make everyone nervous around her and every person she could pass greets her good morning and she usually don’t respond. Her cheerful and caring attitude was already erased by the incident happened years ago.

She reached the corridors of elevators and the only one she uses was broken. She sighs in frustration so she approached the other elevator and the employees give way for her and one employee stayed on his place because he’s wearing an earphone unaware that the silent aligator is just behind him.

Every employee gulps in fear for the employee blocking Joohyun’s way. The elevator opened and he gets in alone. As soon as he pressed the button to his floor his legs shiver and his jaw shakes.

“Goodmorning Madam Cottilard.” -He greets and he immediately went out the elevator extending his arms to offer the ride to Joohyun alone.

(Conversation in French.)

“Press the floor to my office.” -Joohyun commanded with her straight blank expression.

“Yes Madam.” -The employee freaks out and pressed to floor 43rd.

--

“It’s nice to finally meet you Madam Cottilard. I am Bobby the head of your look out team in Korea.” -Bobby bowed at her politely as they were staying inside her meeting hall and the distance between them was too much for Bobby to handle. He didn’t expect that the french Boss could give him a shiver and intimidating vibes by just looking in her eyes.

“Proceed.” -Joohyun commanded.

“Ne Madam Cottilard. So as for now Ravi became the CEO of an exporting company with the help of Mr. Changsub from ShiDae group. He left ShiDae group already and sell his shares to VIXX trading company. From last year 5% profit they grew to 45% this year and that makes a significant difference with the Company’s reputation.” -Bobby explained.

“So what’s your suggestion?” -Joohyun asked.

“since they were able to reach 1/4 of your profit I think this is the right time to go back now Madam Cottilard.” -Bobby confidently suggested.

Joohyun’s eyes sharpen and she looked at Solar. Her friend gives her a nods telling her she agrees with Bobby’s decisions. “Book me a flight to South Korea as soon as possible. We’ll all going back.” -Joohyun told her secretary.

--

At the corner community of Seoul where average civilians were living a billionaire became a resident for 4 years after he undergo his rehab treatment due to depression and panic disorder. His life has changed. He used to live in a luxury penthouse but now he chose to live at his girlfriend’s family residence since its the only memory they left after a massive explosion years ago.

It was his girlfriend’s brother’s 18th birthday when everything happened. Joohyun excused herself to do her business at the bathroom so he took the chance to rushed to his car to change his clothes with something cheap. He wants to propose to her looking like someone she first met him but after he dressed himself and made his way back, the restaurant explodes. 

and the scene still hunts him in his dreams. Every day he wakes up hoping everything was just a dream but it wasn’t until today he’s still blaming himself because of what happened but he decided to live as he promised to his late girlfriend that he will find the culprit of the explosion before he kills himself so both of them could be together.

He wakes up with sweats running through his body as he gasps some air. He took the pills on a transparent dish that he prepares every night since he’s aware that he’ll wake up again with his symptoms.

the house was completely renovated but it still look the same. His morning always starts with cooking and end up with eating of course, a framed picture of his late girlfriend that the V hotel has for her ID is in his living room.

“Good morning Baby” -He said and he teared. He really do miss her a lot everyday was a struggle for him waking up without her beside him. 

He received a phone call from his brother and he wiped his tears before he picks it up. 

“Hyung.. I’m already at the airport I’m not going with your driver again. You should be the one to fetch me here.” -Jungkook complained.

“Yah are you a baby? You can even go home on your own already.” -Taehyung complained back.

“I told you I am your Baby brother. I’ll be staying here and will not move unless you come to see me here personally.” -Jungkook said followed by dropping the call.

Eversince Taehyung got discharged from his mental rehabilitation treatment Jungkook has been clinging to him everyday. He won’t allow him to sleep to his home but Jungkook makes sure that he’ll get a chance to visit him everyday except for now that he attended a convention in Singapore that he missed his brother for two days.

An hour has passed and Taehyung arrived at the airport and was welcomed by his brother with a tight hug but he immediately excused himself to the restroom since he’s been literally not moving at the airport waiting for his brother. Taehyung also ordered the driver to put his stuffs at his car and he obeyed.

He waited for his brother standing 5 steps away from arriving area. A girl who stands and as tall as Joohyun walked towards the exit of the airport. She has bodyguards and 2 other girls with her but his eyes are only following her. 

His feet leads him to her way and when he’s a step away from her.she accidentally bumped into a passenger and she got mad. She was calm but she insulted the hell out of the passenger who just blocked her way unintentionally.

That’s when he realized that her hair is blonde and her eyes are blue. She’a foreigner. also her stares was not a little bit of Joohyun’s. If it was Joohyun she could have helped the passenger to pick up his stuffs because Joohyun has a natural caring and polite attitude.

So he stepped back and laugh at himself. How fool he is once again to mistaken someone as Joohyun for the nth time.

“Is everything okay Hyung? Its nice to see you smiling.” -Jungkook said.

“Ne kwenchana.. Uri kaja.” -Taehyung told his brother as he messed up with his hair for wasting his time at the airport.

--

Meanwhile Johnny and Yoona were still deep asleep in a sunday morning and their triplets just barge in their room to wake them up and interrupt their sleep. Mark the eldest among the triplets was just like his mother. He’s very hot tempered but smart and he always reasoned out with supported facts. The 2nd born is Jeno he’s just like Johnny he likes sports and is very hard working though it may not be with school related activities but he likes to explore things and the youngest is Chenle he’s the most behave among the three kids but sometimes he tends to sulk in a quiet way and he has his parent’s mix attitudes.

“Why are you interrupting Omma and Appa’s sleep?”-Johnny asked.

“Appa. We’ll visit Grandpa today remember? and you promised we’ll go to the park later on.” -Mark said with his arms folded. 

Mark was right they have a schedule today. Being the head of ShiDae group and V car trading co. made it difficult for him to spend some time for his kids so he took his off to hangout with his kids.

“Appa you missed dinner again last night,” -Chenle complained with his head down and teary eyes.

“Maja.. Appa missed dinner again so let’s punsih him with kisses.” -Yoona said and everyone except for Mark jumped over Johnny to fill him with kisses.

“How childish. Kaja Jeno and Chenle let’s take a bath so we could dress up early.” -Mark said and his brothers followed him.

“Yah chamkaman wait for Omma you might burn yourself in the bath tub.” -Yoona said as she went off their bed.

Yoona has finished bathing the three and is currently drying them with towels. Johnny just finished taking a bath and dressing himself and take turns with Yoona to dress up the kids. Mark being the genius was the only one among the triplets to learn how to tie his shoe so he also ties his brother’s shoes and even correct Chenle that he wears his shoe wrongly.

“Daebakk it looks like my son is ready to have his own baby.” -Johnny compliments him.

“Shiro appa. You’re only giving me $5 as an allowance that won’t be enough for my baby’s milk even if I save it for 5 days.” -Mark reasoned out like a grown up kid.

“Ani.. We are Mark’s baby. Right Mark?” -Chenle said.

“ne.. Let’s go at the kitchen I smell pancakes!” -Mark said as he rushed to the dining area.

“You just arrived on time.” -Wendy said as she made a perfecr pancake for the boys giving them 2 each plate. 

Mark is in charge of putting chocolate syrup on his brother’s pancake since they have a habit of putting too much on their own. Chenle frowned with the amount of syrup on his pancake so he frowned to Mark and just like his Mom Mark can’t resist his brother’s puppy eyes. So he squeeze more direct to his mouth and he responds with a smile.

“It seems like it took 5 years for aunt Wendy to make a perfect pancake.” -Yoona jokingly said.

“I even mastered every single step for your children Ms. Im.” -Wendy responds.

They arrived at their Grandpa’s place but unlike before that they used to go to his mansion Yoona’s family went to the cementery to visit him. The kids dropped the flowers for their Grandpa and all of them dropped a tear. It has been a couple months since he died and they just miss him a lot.

“Miane grandpa that you didn’t had a chance to be on our wedding day. Changsub is still so rigid he still won’t give his blessings to us.” -Yoona said.

Johnny wrapped around her arms to his wife he cried with him. They have been postponing their wedding for years because Changsub won’t agree to it despite they have been convincing him for years. It also angered him that Yunho turned over the company to Johnny.

After spending hours with their late Grandpa the triplets were enjoying their stay at the park they bike around the fountain while their parents are having ice cream together. 

“Our sons grew up so fast, they can even ride a bike on their own.” -Johnny said.

“Ne.. Honey, thank you for understanding our situation. Changsub is just so difficult to please so please hang on with me.” -Yoona said.

“Stop apologizing we can’t blame him if he hates us. I can wait forever for our final vows.” -Johnny assured her.

On the other hand Taehyung thought Jungkook will be going straight to his home but he ended up bringing his brother to the park where Johnny’s family is. If it wasn’t for the triplets he’ll end up locking Jungkook’s neck with his own hands.

“ka-Koong!” -Taehyung playfully act towards mark but he caught him in one turn.

“Get yourself a kid jaebal. He’s too old for kakoong.” -Johnny said.

“It’s nice to see you around Yungho-aa.” -Taehyung said.

While Jungkook enjoyed showing his new toy that he bought in Japan to the boys Taehyung and their parents took a table and grabbed a sandwich together.

“Taehyung-aa its been years. Don’t you think the time is enough for you to let go of Joohyun.” -Yoona suggest.

“I have no plans letting her go. Once I found the culprit of the explosion I’ll join her in heaven.” -Taehyung confessed.

“Yah that’s absurd. You have a long life to live, you didn’t luckily not get involved in that explosion if you are meant to die.” -Johnny tried to alter his stupid decision in life.

“But she’s my only happiness.” -Taehyung said and a quick change in expression suddenly portray in his face and that made Johnny zip his mouth despite he wanted to lecture him more about his life.

While Jungkook was busy operating the robot he bought Mark and Jeno was fascinated by it but Chenle was so distracted with the balloons that he followed the vendor while he makes his way accross the streets but Chenle isn’t like his eldest brother he has no idea what’s the meaning behind the stoplights at the streets and when the red light turned to green he still cross the road to run after the balloons.

and the adults conversation was interrupted by a tire screetching on the road together with the people’s screams. Taehyung rushed to the road as soon as he realized that Chenle was no longer with Jungkook and his 2 brothers.