SMALL WORLD

THE IMPOSTORS

The next morning Yoona woke up next to sleeping Johnny. He’s sleeping soundly so she took the chance tonstare and admire her fake husband. She saw the clock when she was about to caress her fingertips through his face. She went off her bed carefully in order not to wake him up, she would like to prepare him breakfast but found Wendy already arranged them on thr dining table.

“Sec. Son.. You’re early today.” -Yoona said.

“Oh.. I was expecting to hear a good morning greeting from you.” - Wendy responds. “Is Mr. Seo awake already?”

“Well there’s..”

“Good morning.” -Johnny greeted both of the girls.

Yoona and Wendy’s eyes awkwardly met. Wendy just smirks and nods at the same time telling both of them that she understands what’s going on. She walked out from the dining area and went to her office.

“What’s going on?” -Johnny asked.

But Yoona didn’t respond and went to her secretary’s office instead. She found her quiet with a blank expression staring on her laptop.

“Sec. Son.. Miane.” -Yoona said while her head is slightly flexed she can’t look at her secretary directly.

“Kwenchana.. My feelings and opinions doesn’t matter anyway.” -Wendy prankly telling Yoona about her feelings.

“Everything was out of control Sec. Son never in my life thought this will happened.” -Yoona said.

“But it did! Ms. Im.. You can’t just tell me that you didn’t mean to allow him sleep in your room. His hair was even messy and he just pulled his clothes as she went out to your room.” -Wendy burst out.

“Miane Sec. Son I’m in love with him.” -Yoona said.

“Ms. Im I won’t deny that I was hurt about this but as long as you’re happy I’ll be willing to let go of this feelings.” -Wendy said like a real friend. Yoona haven’t experienced being in love anyway she thought that’s the best thing to do for her Boss and that’s to give her blessings.

After settling everything to Yoona with a heavy heart Wendy went out for breakfast since it will be awkward for her to join both of them and she don’t want to be 3rd wheeling.

“Wendy-ssi!” -Jhope popped out beside her.

“Oh.. Sec. Jhope what are you doing here?” -Wendy asked.

“Well I was supposed to fetch Mr. Seo for work. Is he already awake?” 

“Yes he is but he’s still having his breakfast so I think you came earlier today. Did you had your breakfast? Do you want to join me?” -Wendy asked.

“Sure. I would love to.” -Jhope said and Wendy lead him to a restaurant which serves Canadian cusine. 

Both of them are enjoying their food as they sit opposite to each other Wendy realized that somehow he’s fun to be with. It’a just that she’s blocking him before because she waa focus with Johnny. In the middle of their chitchat a man approached them and gave Wendy a smile.

“Annyeong Seungwan-aa.” 

It’s Min Yoongi.. Her ex boyfriend, her eyes widened as soon as she hears her name and ahe almost freak out seeing him accidentally. Wendy just can’t believe how unlucky she is for letting go of her crush for the sake of her Boss and now meeting a person she never want to meet again in her entire life.

Yoongi still looks the same except that his hair is blonde, his confident vibes still remains on him and he still stays there despite Wendy gave him an unwelcome stare.

“Hey. Can you leave us alone please? We’re busy talking here.” -Jhope asked him in his natural rude way.

“Oh miane.. But Seungwan-aa aren’t you going to introduce me to your friend?” -Yoongi asked.

Wendy stands up from her seat feeling annoyed and irritated with Yoongi’s over confident vibes, so she also faced him confidently “Alright. Jhope this is Yoongi my ex boyfriend and Yoongi this is Jhope my boyfriend.” 

Jhope just like what he heard, he gave his most handsome and confident smile to Yoongi as he extended his arm for a handshake. “So you’re the past. Nice to meet you!” -Jhope said.

But Yoongi just laughed at him. “Look I really don’t know what you see in this girl but after our break up I never thought she’ll ever date someone again.” -Yoongi said.

It was very insulting for Wendy and Jhope as well. Despite they’re faking it Jhope won’t deny that he has interest with Wendy and just by judging Yoongi’s features he doesn’t look like someone that could drive a girl crazy.

“Are you done? Well what you thought was wrong because I earned one.” -Wendy said and she went back seated. “Shall we just finish our food and leave?” 

“Sure and let’s ignore evil spirits.” -Jhope said.
After eating the two went back to Jhope’s car and Wendy can’t help it but to breathe deeply as if a tight rope just removed after leaving the restaurant.

“So.. What was that about?” -Jhope asked. “I mean are we really dating?” 

“What? Of course not! But thank you for helping me out there.” -Wendy said as she buckles her seatbelt.

“Okay I don’t understand what’s going on.. Why do you feel tense around him? Who is he to you that you have to make me yournfake boyfriend?” -Jhope asked.

“Well.. I was the one who left him. I chose my scholarship abroad rather than to stay here with him and he told me that I will never be happy in my entire life without him and I just want to prove him wrong.” -Wendy revealed.

“So if that’s the case it looks like I should play a fake boyfriend role here.” -Jhope said while he fixes his necktie.

“Ne.. Jaebal..” -Wendy said putting her hands together.

“Sure but in one condition.. I’ll portray a perfect boyfriend image in front of him in my way.” -Jhope said as he exchange smile with Wendy.

Yoona arrived at her office and she found Baekhyun seated inside with his bodyguards. He brings a folder of documents with him and handed it to Yoona before she could bow to him.

Yoona took a sit opposite to his fake father in law and checked what’s inside the folder. It’s a partnership agreement between Shidae group and Baek construction company. 

“I was wondering if you could hand it to Chairman Yunho.. Since you married my son I think we could make a tight family bond with this agreement.” -Baekhyun explained.

“But Mr. Byun.. I mean Appa I didn’t marry your son for business reason. Honestly I love him.” -Yoona said.

“Well those papers doesn’t mean anything between your real feelings with my son nor his feelings to you. I just thought if you could sign it he’ll be able to take over my company. He doesn’t want it and he’s the only person I could trust my company with.” -Baekhyun said.

“arasseo.. We could speak about this tonight with him, I don’t want to decide things without him knowing. So will you be available for dinner?” -Yoona asked.

“Of course. I’ll be there.” -Baekhyun said and stands up on his seat. He thought Taehyung won’t refuse his offers anymore in front of his wife.

Meanwhile Seulgi descends from the stairs to the kitchen. She just woke up and her eyes are partially open this is the first time after a long time she smelled a breakfast aroma and she immediately salivate by just smelling it. 

“Good morning.” -Jimin greet her and it made her startle that she almost spit a glass of water on his face.

“What are you doing here?” -Seulgi asked that made her fully awake.

“Well I was waiting for you outside. I was thinking if we could go to work together and have some breakfast. Your Mom let me in,” -Jimin informed her.

“Well as far as I remember we only agreed upon eating together for dinner.” -Seulgi reminded him.

“I don’t know after I woke up this morning I just missed you and thought I should come over to see you.” -Jimin said. “and by the way I am also with your bulging s just like how you were to mine.” -Jimin added.

That’s when she realized that she was only wearing a sleveless white shirt without her bra and on her lowe body so she rushed to the bathroom and grabbed her robe.

“Byuntae.” -Seulgi glared at him and took a sit to have some breakfast. It was a brand new experienced to her she was never treated like that by her past lovers, she was the one who usually take care of them and do this kind of things but now its different. Jimin was the one who bought her breakfast and now he’s even making an effort to fetch her for work.

Seulgi finally dressed up for work wearing her long sleeved uniform and a pair of high heels with her cap. She found Jimin already in his coat and tie waiting for her. “Let’s go.”

Jimin opened the door for her and let her lead the way to their gates but as soon as she pulled the door Taeyong was standing in front of her with his puppy eyes and frowned lips again meaning this isn’t the first time that he did this. She knew he needed something that’s why his there to apologize.

He holds both Seulgi’s hand and just like what Seulgi is expecting he apologized. So Seulgi smirked and withdraws her hands forcefully and folded her arms over her chest. She’s no longer the Seulgi who’ll run after that stupid play boy again but a part of her still feels sorry and pity him.

“Look.. There’s nothing we can do anymore about this relationship, if you’re sick with cheap dates then I am sick with our on and off complicated relationship!” -Seulgi said.

She called Jimin who felt jealous despite Taeyong was rejected. Both of them gets inside the car and Taeyong blocked their way.

“This man is starting to frustrate me.” -Jimin said and he went out his car pushing Taeyong that made him fell on his .

Jimin was quiet on their way to work and he’s just making Seulgi uncomfortable. “Can you pull over here?” -Seulgi asked.

Jimin stopped the car at the side of the road and Seulgi went out the car without saying anything. He just made her feel annoyed with his attitude as if he’s making her feel that she did something wrong to him to act like that.

Jimin still run after Seulgi and grabbed her arms. “I’m sorry.”

“You should be! What the hell was that? Why are you so quiet! Why are you making me feel uncomfortable around you? This isn’t you.” -Seulgi burst out in anger.

“Look.. I am sorry, honestly I was just jealous with his presence.” -Jimin confessed.

“Well that’s absurd. I didn’t do anything to make you feel that way I even rejected him. Miane Jimin-ssi but I am not used to someone acting like that around me.” -Seulgi said “I’ll just make my way to work on my own. You dont have to fetch nor send me home starting from now on.” 

“No. Jaebal!” -Jimin said and blocked her way. “I promise to stick around you like a growp up man. Please don’t send me away.” 

Jimin really gives Seulgi an extraordinary feeling, if she could compare with her past relationship specially with Taeyong they would normally walk out after she shuts them out. She also feel easily pissed at Jimin being jealous because she never experienced her past partners being jealous towards someone in front of her.

“fine!” -She said since she doesn’t want to lose him anyway. “just don’t make me feel like I am dating a toddler.” Seulgi added as she turns her back to make her way to his car.

“Okay that’s absurd.” -Jimin told himself.

--
“Tae!”

Taehyung lift up his head to look for the person who was calling him and he realized it was Johnny approaching him and he’s just 10 steps away from him. 

“What are you doing here?” -Taehyung asked him

“It looks like you’re not happy to see me. I went to my parent’s house to secretly drop some groceries.”- Johnny said “So you’re staying here? Why?” 

“you want to know why? I am in love and my girlfriend doesn’t know who I am so you should not call me here by my name.” -Taehyung informed him.

“Okay.. So what do they call you here?” -Johnny asked.

“Yungho-aa..” -Joohyun called her boyfriend and both of them look at her. “Here you are. I was looking for you.”

“Ne.. I just get rid of the garbage.” -Taehyung said but Joohyun doesnt look at him anymore. She was so focused with Johnny and she kept on staring at him despite he looks away and turn his body opposite to her.

“andwe.. Yungho-aa!” -Joohyun exclaimed.

“What?” -Taehyung asked,

“No. Not you, Yungho-aa what are you doing here? How have you been?” -Joohyun asked Johnny which she recognized easily.

“Wait you know him?” -Taehyung asked.

“Ne. He’s living 3 blocks away from here he’s my childhood friend we used to watch baseball games back then.” -Joohyun revealed. “Aren’t you going to face me! Don’t you know how worried your parents are. You haven’t seen us for 7 years.”

“Listen Joohyun noona you can’t tell them that I’m around. My Dad will kill me, I was supposed to go back home after I arrived here but My Dad was cursing the hell out mentioning my name and he’s gonna kill me if he founds out that I am went back with an empty pocket,” -Johnny explains.

“No. They won’t do that Yungho-aa.. They missed you a lot. We miss you, and you can’t tell your pockets are empty. Just look how much you wear.” -Joohyun tried to convince him.

‘You really do missed him?” -Taehyung asked.

“Stop Baby this isn’t the right time to get jealous now,” -Joohyun told her boyfriend but she held his hand in order to not to make him feel that way.

“Joohyun noona. You can’t tell them about me, please I still have lots of things to do to prove myself to them.” -Johnny begged his childhood friend.

“No. If you’re gonna make your parents feel worried a lot about you then I’ll spill the beans in front of them.” -Joohyun said

“If you do that they’ll force me to marry you!” -Johnny lied. 

“What?!” -Taehyung and Joohyun answered in chorus.

“Then we’ll not going to tell them.” -Taehyung pulled Joohyun back.

“Yah Yungho-aa! You can’t used that as an excuse! We’re already old and we can decide on our own.” -Joohyun clarified to him.

“Of course not! Even your Mom agreed about this.” -Johnny added to support his false statements.

“Why are you so eager to tell his parents? Do you want to marry him?” -Taehyung furiously asked.

“No! Listen his parents are worried. He didn’t show up for the past 7 years!” -Joohyun tried to convince Taehyung.

“Okay id you’re going to act this way then just marry him and I.. I’ll live my life on my own. Alone!” -Taehyung said and he walk out from the scene hoping Joohyun would follow him.

and so she did. Now she is doubting to tell the truth to his parents despite Johnny can’t give an evidence that his statements were real but the first thing she should do is to clarify everything to Taehyung. The last time they fought it took them day to fix everything and she don’t want that to happen again.

“Yungho-aa miane.. I was just worried about my friend’s parents. Its not my intention to make you feel jealous.” -Joohyun apologized with her head down.

But Taehyung didn’t really got frustrated with her being close to Johnny. He’s just terrified now that he realized that the world is getting smaller for them and he has no idea until when he could keep his lies to her and hee family. “Arasseo.. I’ll try to understand but atleast do me a favor, don’t mind their business anymore.” -Taehyung said and start the engine of the scooter. 

“chamkaman.. Don’t start the engine without your helmet.” -Joohyun said and she put the helmet to his head. “please don’t get mad anymore I don’t want to fight.” -Joohyun said and she gave him a quick peck on his cheeks.

“Arasseo.. Miane for acting that way, Sorry for being childish.” -Taehyung said.

On the other hand Johnny made his way back at Yoona’s condominium an hour before dinner. Yoona informed him about the dinner with Baekhyun but he wasn’t able to check his phone the whole day since the thought of his parents and Joohyun has been troubling his mind.

Johnny arrived at her place and found the dining area well prepared. He found Wendy tasting each dish and she bowed at her but this time without wearing her smile anymore. He knew something has changed but he refused to ask her about it thinking she might be facing some problems she couldn’t deal with.

Johnny went to his room and dressed himself with pajamas. As soon as he went out the room Yoona and Wendy curiously looked at him but still his fake wife gave her brightest smile.

“Johnny-ssi. I know you’re not in good terms with your father but don’t you think what you’re wearing is a little bit disrespectful for him?” -Yoona asked.

Johnny has no idea what are they talking about cause Yoona and Wendy are like wearing something appropriate for work. “Do we have any ocassion to celebrate with?”

“Uhmm no.. It looks like you haven’t read my message. I informed you about your father having dinner with us tonight.” -Yoona said.

Johnny’s eyes widened and he started to freak out inside. He checked the time and he only have 10 minutes to leave the place. He grab the car keys and rush to the main door but Baekhyun is already in front of him as soon as he pulled the knobs of the doors.

Yoona approached Baekhyun and holds Johnny’s hand to pull him at the dining area and Baekhyun expressed how puzzled he is with Yoona’s closeness with the stranger in front of him.

“Appa please take a sit let’s start eating. We prepared a lot. I hope you like it.” -Yoona said.

As soon as Baekhyun take his seat he couldn’t help but to make an obvious movement like he’s searching for someone. He doesn’t even started to hold his utensils and Yoona was quite nervous that Johnny isn’t sitting down she felt that this must be a wrong idea after all. She should have atleast learned first how bad her husband’s relationship is with his Dad.

“I thought we’re having a dinner with my son? Did he run away as soon as you informed him?” -Baekhyun asked Yoona.

Clueless and unaware the two ladies look at each other and Wendy stared at Johnny and realized he’s already sweating a lot despite Yoona’s place was airconditioned. She’s having a bad feeling about this but she couldn’t say a word since she wanted Yoona to handle the situation.

“Appa. He’s your son. Maybe because he stayed abroad for years that’s why..”

“Non sense!” -Baekhyun slammed the table with his hand. “He is not my son! I know how my son looks like and he doesn’t look like him.” -Baekhyun interrupted

“Miane Appa.. But I think you shouldn’t repudiate him like this I don’t know how worse your relationship are to each other but he never denied you in front of me.” -Yoona tried to defend Johnny 

“Ms. Im! You married a fake one! Speak you impostor!” -Baekhyun commanded.

“I.. I was planning to tell you the truth, please listen to me.” -Johnny said as she holds Yoona’s hand.

Yoona immediately withdraws her hand “So you’re not Chairman Baek’s son?” -Yoona asked.

“Yoona-ssi.. I love you please believe I lied but I was planning to tell you, I know you’ll be like this once you found out so..”

“Leave!” -Yoona yelled at him and went to her room banging the door.

Baekhyun splash a glass of water on Johnny’s face “Now where is my son!”