BY YOUR SIDE

THE IMPOSTORS

It has been weeks since Jhope does the same thing every morning. He would make his way 30 minutes earlier to fetch Johnny for work so it would look like he’ll bumped into Wendy accidentally and later on he’ll ask her to join him for breakfast.

After having breakfast with Jhope, Wendy received a message from Yoona asking her to meet their client in behalf of her. She separate ways with Jhope and waved each other good bye.

She reached the french restaurant where she was asked to meet their new client. “Hi I am Sec Son from ShiDae Group I have someone to meet at table 18.” 

The staff lead her way to table 18, and as soon as she ascends the stairs she could recognize a man by just looking at him from his back and what made her day worse was the staff stopped in table 18 where Yoongi was sitting.

“Have a sit.” -Yoongi said extending his arms to offer the chair opposite to him.

Wendy rolled her eyes as she could feel how he could confidently act that way in front of her. “Thank you. I heard you need our service for your new restaurant as you can see ShiDae group is..”

‘Is a well known architectural firm and is one of the top companies in the country. You are well known for your excellent and unique designs specially your high quality materials that are import from Europe.” -Yoongi continues interrupting her.

Wendy was amazed but she tried not to express it. Shw would never thought Yoongi could be a business oriented person. “That’s impressive. Anyway can I have the main idea of your restaurant?” 

Yoongi smiled and hand her some files of documents. “It’s actually a 2nd branch of my restaurant. I am planning to build it at Gangnam.”

Wendy realized that the files he gave has already the concrete idea of the restaurant and by that time she found out that Yoongi was the owner of the Canadian Restaurant where she ate with Jhope before. 
“Well.. You already have the complete idea of your restaurant. I suggest you should seek a construction company.” -Wendy honestly suggest and she slides the folder returning it to Yoongi.

He put his hand over Wendy’s hand. “Isn’t it obvious? I want you back Seungwan-aa.”

Wendy pulled her hand awkwardly. She can’t look at him anymore so she cleared and looked down. “I thing the proper way to address me should be SEC. SON, I am here on behalf of Ms. Im and you’re our client I hope we could maintain a professional relationship here.”

“Seungwan-aa..”

“Please email me your address at Gangnam so we could check your place there. See you in a while Mr. Min.” -Wendy interrupted and pulled her bag rushing her way through the main glass doors of the restaurant.

It was a bad idea after all to use a taxi in meeting a VIP client. Specially when its raining heavily, she searched her phone in her bag and wondered who put the umbrella in her bag bur before she could enumerate possible person Yoongi blew his car’s horn and he caught her attention.

“Get in!” -Yoongi offered.

But she has no choice, if she refused it will take too long for her to make some time for him. So she gets inside and buckles her seatbelt. 

Wendy: Hi Mr. Jhope this is Wendy, are you busy for tonight? Can you give me a ride home. I’m at Gangnam.
Jhope: Sure just beep me an hour before so I could fetch you on time. Its raining did the umbrella help?
Wendy: Oh so you’re the one who place it inside my bag? Gumawo.. Yes its helpful.

Wendy smiled after finding out it was him. Yoongi could see it from the corner of his eyes that she is giggling while she is focused on her phone. He loves the way she smiles but hates it when he wasn’t the one who created that smile.

“So.. How long have you been together with your boyfriend?” -Yoongi asked

and there’s a quick change in her expression. “as far as I’m concern we’re here because of business matters and that doesn’t include my personal life.” -Wendy coldly reminded him.

“Well that’s harsh. I’m sorry to say this but it’s too obvious that you guys are faking it.” -Yoongi said. “I mean you never look at him the way you look at me before.” -He added.

“It’s been years Mr. Min, anything can change for even a day. So don’t jump into conclusion because your evidences are only applicable years ago. I’m a change woman.” -Wendy told him.

There was an awkward silence between the two for the last 45 minutes of the trip. Since Wendy won’t entertain most of his questions anyway he decided to shut his mouth since its too obvious that she’s already pissed even by just hearing his voice.

Yoongi and Wendy arrived at the place but Yoongi didn’t expect that some of ShiDae group employees were around to check his place. Wendy did it on purpose so Yoongi could make himself act professional towards her.

Wendy became emotional inside as soon as she saw the building where the restaurant will be build. It’s the same 5 floor apartment where she used to live in with Yoongi. It still look the same and she felt nostalgic. She had so memories in the place with her ex boyfriend but she knew the best thing she could do is to ignore every memory she remembers as of the moment.

Meanwhile Jimin dropped Seulgi at the bus stop nearest to the Seoul port and he made sure that her phone number will be saved on his phone once she step out from his car. 

“Have a good day. I’ll see you tonight.” -Jimin told the woman of his dreams.

Seulgi is currently on duty assisting the head steward touring foreign passengers around the cruise ship. Her phone kept on vibrating repeatedly inside her coat but she ignores it and fake a smile in front of the passengers but she’s really frustrated inside that she want to throw her phone away from her.

She still managed to assist the head stewardess for an hour despite her phone kept on distracting her. They arrived the suite floor of the cruise ship and with her surprise Jimin together with some of his directors were approaching their way.

The head steward bows at him and so Seulgi also did and she realized he’s holding his phone and currently calling her which she totally ignores.

“My dear passengers this is Mr. Park Jimin our CEO” 

Jimin bowed at the passengers but he can’t help but to glance at Seulgi. “It looks like eveyone is enjoying their cruise tour. I would love to come.”-Jimin said

“but Mr. Park we will have a meeting after 10 minutes.” -One of his director remind him.

“I know. Tell everyone we’ll have it after an hour.” -Jimin commanded and he stand behind the last passenger. 

“Stewardess Kang please walk next to our CEO so you could entertain his questions.” -Seulgi was commanded and she has no choice but to obey her Boss.

They started walking and Seulgi was quiet and she won’t even have any plans to talk to him nor glance at him. He just makes her feel uncomfortable with his presence.

“I wouldn’t have come with you if you answered my calls or responds to my text.” -Jimin said 

“It’s my working hours and I am not allowed to use my phone during my duty.” -Seulgi reasoned out still not looking at him.

“You’re still pretty even if you’re annoyed.” -Jimin compliments her. “I’m sorry but I can’t help it but to miss you.” 

“Shut up.” -She blushed.

Jimin was supposed to tease Seulgi more but he realized she stopped walking with him. He caught her staring at 2 guys 20 steps away from them and he realized it was Taeyong with Jaehyun. They’re sweet it looks like they’re enjoying the cruise trip together.

“So you still feel bad about it?” -Jimin asked.

Seulgi shook her head and continued walking rushing to the line of passengers who are currently taking a tour. She was staring at them not because she feel jealous but its because she can’t feel anything anymore. She expect herself to get mad at him but when she saw them it feels like the only thing she remembers when she sees her ex boyfriend’s face was their memories together and not the feelings.

“So you’re gonna stay quiet throughout the tour? Aren’t you happy with my presence?” -Jimin asked.

But she stayed quiet, she just feel really weird for years she has been in love with Taeyong alone and right now her heart doesn’t beat the same as before. Even thr excitement of seeing him from afar was also gone.

“Chairman Park its been an hour your meeting might be starting now.” -Seulgi reminded him.

“Daebak. You were ignoring me earlier and talked to me just to sent me away from you.” -Jimin annoyingly said

“Miane. It’s not my intention to make you feel that way. There might be some people waiting for you.” -Seulgi said and she bowed at him.

“Whatever” -Jimin said and he walks away from her without saying good bye.

Another weird feeling just traveled inside her, “Why do I feel like I need reason why he is acting that way?” -Seulgi asked herself.

The tour has ended and Seulgi finally reached the female locker area. She doffs her uniform and grab something she could eat from the kitchen. She took a sit on her desk and realized that her phone was ringing, it was Jimin she took the call while she munches her food. “Waeyo?”

“Odiseo?”

“I am at the locker area. I’m having lunch. Why did you call?” -Seulgi asked.

“I just want to check if you’re having your meals and besides the meeting is pretty boring.” -Jimin reasoned out.

“I’m not skipping my meals Chairman so I suggest you listen to your employees concern.” -Seulgi responds.

“These people are investors they’re only presenting cheap proposals and I am not impressed. I’d rather hear your voice.”-Jimin said

She almost choke with his sweet and thoughtful responds. So she grabed a bottle of water to vacant properly and she blushed. “Chairman Park I would love to enjoy my meal for today and I think I need my both hands for my utensils. I see you later. Bye,”

and she hanged up before he could stop her. The call wasn’t enough for Seulgi too despite how much she wanted to exchange sweet conversation with him. She wouldn’t. She don’t want to be involved in any rumor that could spread around the cruise ship specially that her love interest is not just a typical employee.

Seulgi was vacant for a couple of hours after lunch. She decided to roam around the cruise ship and stared at depths of the sea. 

“Seulgi.” 

She turned her head only to find out that it was Taeyong. “What?” -She asked as she face the sea again.

“How have you been?” -Taeyong asked.

“I guess there’s no reason for you to ask my whereabouts, I’m sorry but you’re already a stranger to me.” -Seulgi said.

“That’s right.” -Jaehyun said “Let’s go back to our room baby.” -He added and he wrapped his arms around Taeyong and pulled him away from Seulgi but being aware that she was his boyfriend’s past lover makes him feel irritated specially that he reached both of them speaking to each other so Jaehyun showed how pissed he is by shoving his shoulder to her.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” -Seulgi asked annoyingly but calmly as she caress her shoulder after a forced bump.

“There’s nothing wrong with me. Just stop talking with Taeyong.” -Jaehyun said calmly too but a sarcastic tone can be heard from him.

“Just to let you know I have no more interest with your boyfriend.” -Seulgi said and attempted to walk away from them but as soon as she passed by Jaehyun he grabbed her elbow and forcefully pushed her back to where she was standing but wearing high heels could be a very big challenge to keep her balance. and she failed. She ended up falling from the cruise ship and it was too late for the lovers to pull her back.

“Seulgi!” -Taeyong worriedly screamed. “Help! Someone fell from the ship!” -Taeyong said

Some of the rescue team dive from the ship to the sea while the others throw some life jackets and life buoy on the sea. Some of the marines blocked 5 steps away from the borders of the ship to prevent people from over looking at the incident also to prevent further accidents.

On the other hand Taehyung just came from one of his company to update some business details. He went back home after lunch to dress himself up so he could visit Joohyun at the chicken house but Joohyun is already sitting on his couch waiting for him.

He hugged her tightly pressing himself to her causing both of them to lay on his long expensive leather black couch. He filled his girlfriend kisses all over her face and she playfully tried to kiss back by catching his lips with hers.

“I miss you a lot. Why are you here?” -Taehyung asked her girlfriend.

“Well I need to talk to you about something.” -Joohyun said and her expression become serious.

“Is everything okay?” -Taehyung asked.

Joohyun nods. “Well since I’ve been sleeping here for weeks I realized that I also wanted my family to experience to live a life like this.” 

“Sure. You can ask them to come over you could stay as much as you want.” -Taehyung told her girlfriend.

“No.. Not that way. I was hoping you could help me find a regular job that can suit me. I mean I can’t rely with the chicken house forever.” -Joohyun said. “It will be very difficult for us to grow with that business since we earn the same amount every month and spend the same expenses every month.”

“So you want to work for me?” -Taehyung asked for clarification and Joohyun nods. So he lean back and thinks where he can refer Joohyun. “Ah! Isn’t it you replaced Seulgi with her work once? Well another branch of V hotel will be open for next month and we’re hiring for employees” 

“jinja? But I’m a degree holder. Do you think I can make it?” -Joohyun asked.

“Relax Baby. My acting CEO isn’t even a high school graduate and yet he was able to build the 5th V hotel in the country. We can meet him for dinner so I could recommend you personally.” -Taehyung assured her girlfriend.

Joohyun jumped over him and embraced him tightly. He noticed his girlfriend was wearing thick longsleeves and realized that she gained rashes on her forearms up to her chest after he ed her upper garment.

“What happened?” -Taehyung asked as he caress her allergies observing them.

“Well I’m allergic to chicken and I ate some of it.” -Joohyun confessed shyly.

Taehyung frowned his eyebrows in disbelief. “What? Is that possible? How come you have a chicken business and you’re allergic to it?” 

“Because that’s our only source of income. I can’t give up the chicken house easily.” -Joohyun reasoned out.

“Did you already see a Doctor?” -Taehyung asked.

Joohyun lowered her head and shakes her head. “It will fade after some time.” 

“Come on Baby God didn’t bless you with a handsome and expensive boyfriend just for you to let those allergies stick on you. I’ll call my dermatologist and we’ll have those checked.” -Taehyung said and kisses her girlfriend on her forehead.

“You came home early today. I thought you’re spending the whole day in your office.” -Joohyun asked.

“Well.. I finished my work for the whole day after lunch so I could visit you.” -Taehyung said and he his opposite shoulder making an expression of pain in front of her. “I even hurt my back for sitting for too long. I think got used to work around the chicken house where I used to be moving all the time.” 

Joohyun rest her hand over his shoulders and started to give him a massage. Taehyung was so relax with his girlfriend’s gentle touches over his shoulders somehow every squeeze she makes just arouse him even though it wasn’t her intention.

Taehyung attempted to turn around to initiate what he wanted to do but Jhope came and he immediately postponed what he plans to do. Seeing Joohyun inside his Boss’ penthouse isn’t pleasing to him but he knew he can’t complain about it so he tried his best to ignore her even she greeted him with a bow.

“Here’s the V car trading corp’s performance for a month. Mr. Seo has been doing well and we were able to increase 5% of the stock as for today.” -Jhope said as he handed the files to Taehyung.

“You can just email it to me.. You know,” -Taehyung said gesturing him to go by flicking his wrist back and fort.

But Jhope won’t cooperate and stayed instead. He don’t want to give his Boss some private time with his girlfriend. “You’ll end up ignoring it Boss since you already spend your time watching over someone for the rest of the day.” -Jhope said.

Taehyung cleared his throat. “Alright I’ll check it later today. You can go now Sec. Jhope,” -Taehyung ordered.

“What’s happening? It seems like he has something more to tell. Why are you asking him to leave?” -Joohyun asked Taehyung.

“Maja.. You shouldn’t do that Boss.” -Jhope said “anyway I hope you could have some time to check on your companies updates. Your Acting CEOs are working hard for their monthly reports. Don’t just stock them you have the power to control your own time anyway.”

Taehyung nods. “Ne I will Mr. Jhope, don’t worry I’ll give you my feedback later today.” -Taehyung responds for the first time he felt nervous around his secretary that he used to manipulate before.

“that’s good to know, ah.. By the way Ms.?”

“Joohyun.. I am Bae Joohyun.” 

“Ms. Bae I will really appreciate if you could stay here everyday so my Boss wouldn’t waste his time following you everyday just to know your whereabouts.” -Jhope revealed. “He has been dping that for a month.”

“Yah! I was at the office earlier!” -Taehyung complained.

“Good bye Chairman Kim.” -Jhope bowed to say good bye.

As soon as he left the penthouse Joohyun glared at him that made him gulp. He scratches the back of his head and looked away “Well. I just want a massage.” 

“Taehyung-aa! You shouldn’t do that. You’re lying to me again I was so worried that you’re overworking yourself because you missed too much when you stayed at home.”- Joohyun said after she pushed him away from her.

“Well I am sorry. I was worried about you and I just want a massage. Why do you always call my real name when you’re angry.” -Taehyung said.

“Just don’t do this again. If you only knew how much effort I did just to get here. I even used the stairs because the elevator glass makes me scared.” -Joohyun confessed.

“Yah you did that? That’s a lot of stairs!” -Taehyung said and he started to feel guilty about it.

So he went to his storage room to get the electric basin. He also grabbed some foot brush and expensive oil with him. He fold his long sleeves up to his elbow and soaked Joohyun’s feet in the electric basin he poured some fragrance oil which made Joohyun felt relax by just smelling it.

He took one foot and dried it with towel. He placed it over his thighs and started massaging it. “Uhmm can you put a harder pressure? Cause I don’t feel anything. Miane.” -Joohyun requested.

But giving his best effort to press Joohyun’s foot still doesnt make her feel anything so he gave up. He just soak her foot at the basin since the warm water and fragrance oil was way to relaxing for her enough to make her feel asleep. She grabbed her boyfriend and rest her head over his chest togethr with a tight embrace around his waist.

“Let’s stay like this for a while.” -Taehyung said.