OLD FRIEND

THE IMPOSTORS

Taehyung reached his room banging the door and found his brother and Jhope waiting for him seated on the couch. Jhope was supposed to sulk to his Boss but seeing him like that made him sit properly and waited for him to say a word.


His hands are on his waist walking back and fort worrying that something might happened to Joohyun. He then went on the dining area and realized that Joohyun the crab soup is the only dish that Joohyun took that he didn’t.


“The stewardess was poisoned.” -Taehyung told them.


“What?!” -Jungkook stands up with his eyes widened.


“it was supposed to be me.. But she finished the crab soup and I didn’t had a chance to taste some of it.” -Taehyung said. “Jhope do something about this I need an explanation why someone wants my life to end.”


“but Hyung what was that all about? You invited a stranger to join you on dinner?” -Jungkook asked him.


“Tsh.. And I am your sidekick for years and we haven’t ate together. How nice of you.”- Jhope sarcastically.


“alright I am sorry that I made both of yoh confused with the situation but there’s one thing I assure you.. She’s not special.” -Taehyung lied.


“Then why did you have to tell her that I am the one who rent this place?”-Jungkook asked.


“of course. I dont want her to know who I am, you know I never wanted to show myself just to let people know that I was born unwanted and by a mistake.” -Taehyung explained.


“I’m sorry Hyung that’s not what I mean..” -Jungkook said.


Later on Jungkook already fell asleep on the long couch and Taehyung made sure he could sleep comfortably by covering him a blanket. He realized his brother has grown up stubborn but reaponsible just like him.


He then took a sit on the kitchen counter’s long chair and had some wine. He didn’t worried about someone tried to poisoned him but he has been bothering by the thoughts of Joohyun. He was worried about her and hoping that won’t be the last time he’ll see her.
---
The next morning Joohyun woke up inside a private hospital room and she found Seulgi just staring at her. She’s not mad nor angry but she still can’t tell what’s within her face, she tried to take a sit but there’s still a slight ache in her tummy so she decided not to.
“Kwenchana?” -Seulgi asked as she assist her to recline her head.


“Ne.. Am I still in the cruise?” -Joohyun asked.


“No you’re already at a hospital.. How are you feeling? What just happened Unnie?”- Seulgi asked.


Joohyun just pursed her lips. She was too embarrassed to tell Seulgi the truth and she don’t want to upset her since she disguised as her friend overnight and yet she messed up


“I just feel dizzy all of a sudden.” -Joohyun said.


“but why? and how come the reason why you’re here is because of food poisoning? Unnie did you stole someone’s food?”- Seulgi asked her hoping she’ll deny it.


“Of course not! I don’t know why they got that result. I haven’t ate anything since last night.” -Joohyun said trying her best to convince Seulgi that she did well as a stewardess last night.


Later that day the Doctor discharged Joohyun and handed her some medications. Luckily she was registered as Seulgi so she was able to have the medicines for free. They have arrived the nearest bus stop near their home and Seulgi guided her carrying her bag for her all the way to their home.


Joohyun found her Mom preparing for lunch waiting for her. She invited Seulgi to join them but she refused since she has to attend her class for the afternoon. 


“Is everything alright? You look pale.” -Taeyeon said. Just like any other Mom she could tell if her children isn’t feeling well by just one look


“Don’t worry too much Omma.. Its just that I had motion sickness.” -Joohyun said as she gave her mom a back hug.


The Mother and Daughter are having their quality time together when a step coming downstairs interrupt it. It was Haechan,

Joohyun’s younger brother she bit her lower lip ans frowned her eyebrows as soon as their eyes met. He immediately run through his room and lock himself there before Joohyun could run after him.


“Yah!” -Joohyun harshly yelled at him as she bangs the door. “Why did you skip your classes again!?” 


“Tsh I told you I wanted to quit school already.. Just give me a job.” -Haechan answered back.


“You a******e!! Don’t you know how much Omma and I are working hard just to send you to school?”- Joohyun complained.
“Stop yelling at me Noona! I didn’t ask for this. I hate studying and school is boring!”-Haechan complained back.


Taeyeon run upstairs to stop her children from fighting. She did her best to drag Joohyun downstairs and she put her into her room.

 
“Please have some rest. You’re just tired.” -Taeyeon told her daughter.


Joohyun just cried having mixed emotion. She loves her brother so much and when there’s some time that she scolds him she feels guilty later on but also she can’t deny to herself that she’s already tired working everyday just to support her family’s needs. Its just that she loves her family so much that’s why she can’t stop.


On the other hand Johnny has finally arrived in Korea. He suffered from back pain and sore legs after staying for too long in a economy flight. After all that’s the only flight he could afford. He has been staying abroad for 7 years, he dropped a lot of subjects and paid some penalty for doing so. Also he experienced working while studying at the same time.


He took a taxi and checked his wallet if he could afford to pay it up to his home before he ride inside. His bag isn’t too heavy at all the clothes that he has are the same clothes he brought 7 years ago and he’s empty handed as he goes back to Korea only his certificates and diploma.


The taxi stopped 2 blocks away from his home. Its his plan to peek first on their home before he gets inside. He teared up seeing his home looks the same for the past 7 years it didn’t improve a lot. 


“Stop honey don’t do that!” -Johnny’s mother said as she tried to stop his Dad and grabbing the baseball that Johnny earned during his high school year.


“Let go of me!” -Johnny’s Dad said as he extended his arms so his wife can’t reach it. “Your son is being useless! We were expecting him to finish school for 5 years and he extended for 2 years more!”


Johnny’s Dad is planning to sell the baseball bat since they don’t have anything to sell to buy for their weekly food. His Dad has been frustrated about him accepting the scholarship when in fact he should just not attend college anymore and started working after graduating from highschool. 


Johnny stepped back and run through the bus stop near their home. He knew he can’t just show up in front of his father with an empty hand but seeing them after 7 years makes him in tears as he misses them so much.


He took a deep breath and tried to assemble what plans can he do in order to have an instant cash on his hand. He has no contacts of his friends and most of all not even a single cent was left to his wallet and pocket.


“Yungho.. Seo Yungho!” -Taehyung said as he called him by his korean name.


His eyes widened to see someone he knew “Kim Taehyung!” -He said excitedly and hugged him tight.


Jhope who was uncomfortable being around him just observed him and he didn’t like him. He looks so cheap even the jacket and shirt he is wearing are alreadh faded and his pants was obviously ripped by a washing machine.


“What are you doing here? Its been years!” -Taehyung told his bestfriend.


“Taehyung-aa I have a problem.” -Johnny said.


FLASHBACK
Johnny is a baseball player in a public school in Seoul plus he is also a class genius. Compared to other players he always practice at night because after classes he needs to help his father at the wet market to sell some fresh meat.


He was practicing his perfect hit and strike. He runs fast to every landmark of the school’s stadium even a dust from his shoes are following him. He tried his second hit and he accidentally hit another student which he was sorry for.


He run through him and found him crying. He thought he just made him cry but he didn’t he was really crying before he was hit by the ball and he clarified that. After making him calm Johnny offered to send him home with his bike but he is still gulping.
“I am Seo Yungho.. What’s your name?” -He asked after he introduced himself.


“K..Kim Taehyung.”- Taehyung stuttered as he run out of words to thank him.


“So you live here? It looks like a palace but why are you enrolled in a public school?” -Johnny asked.


“Because he’s an illigitemate child..” -Leo said as he appeared approaching them. “You know its a great opportunity to be a child of a rich man but the sad part is you can’t have the same thing what a legal child have.”


“You guys are still brothers. Why are you bullying him? Is that the reason why you’re crying?” -Johnny asked Taehyung but he was just frozen in front of Johnny and Leo as if his mouth was stitched to shut.


The next day Taehyung run to Johnny after Leo spilled Kimchi on his uniforms knowing that he’ll have a recital today.
“Yungho-ssi.. I have a problem.” 


Yungho bravely confronted Leo in his class despite wearing a uniform from a public school he was popular since his team has defeated that school on a baseball match. He embarrassed Leo as he spills Kimchi on his clothes and bags and after that day Leo stopped bullying Taehyung and Jungkook.


Johnny shed too many tears in front of Taehyung and he just cant stop himself. Taehyung hugged him tighter trying his best to comfort his friend and he offered him to stay on his penthouse until he wanted to. After all he owe him a lot years ago.


When they arrived at Taehyung’s penthouse Johnny tells him how amaze he is seeing his place. While Jhope just yawn too sick of poor people appreciating a luxury life. Taehyung lead him to his bedroom and he left him so he could take a rest.


Taehyung went to his office and looked for Joohyun but he just cant find her since he knew he was Seulgi. Lots of Seulgi appeared among his employee on his mac book but none of them have the same face as Joohyun.


“Boss you know you could just tell me that we’re looking for that woman so I could help you.” -Jhope volunteered.


Taehyung glare at him. “I am not looking for her.” -Taehyung denied but he wouldn’t accidentally see Johnny if he wasn’t looking for Joohyun and he was just too embarrassed to let his sidekick to know. “anyway please buy some clothes for Johnny and some essentials he could use he’ll be staying here for a long time.” -He commanded to just get rid of him.


Taehyung still browsing every Seulgi in his firm and he’s just too frustrated not to find him. He fprcefully shut his laptop and he realized his Dad is already sitting in front of him.


“What?”- Taehyung asked his Dad.


“Is everything okay?” -Baekhyun asked worriedly.


“What do you need?” -he rudely asked.


“I want you to attend the launching of Seoul Stadium the day after tomorrow. I am asking you this as your father. Your brother N worked a lot on this.” -Baekhyun requested.


“I’ll come and he’s not my brother, please leave now.” -Taehyung said and he stands up ignoring his father and went inside his room to avoid him.


Baekhyun made a light knock on his door “I’ll leave now Son.. See you there.” 


Taehyung just rest his head on the leather seat inside his room. He closed his eyes hoping to get away with his Father’s request. He was about to fall asleep when Jhope knock on his door.


“Come in,” -He said and his door automatically slides to open. Hiding his frustration he remained his eyes closed while his arms are folded. “ What is it?”


“I’m just going to ask.. What’s gonna be our plan? Our we going to the Seoul Stadium opening?” -Jhope asked. “just a suggestion Boss your Dad won’t leave you alone if you keep on running away from him.”


“We’re going. Please leave now I want to sleep.” -Taehyung said.


Jhope leave his room feeling bad for his Boss that he has no choice but to obey his father’s commands. He took the bags of clothes he bought for Johnny and went inside his room. He was supposed to hand it to him personally but he can’t just take the room’s odor. He left his room disgusted and grabbed some air freshner as he forcefully sniffs it to get rid of Johnny’s bad odor.