Predictions

Spades & Hearts

Taecyeon and Yoona took a break as they chatted for a while. "Yoona-ssi, where are the other Queens?"

"They're probably busy training. We have our own self-training as we prepare for the upcoming war."

"Ahh..with those Kings?...wait. You'll fight with them, just by yourselves?!" Taecyeon almost choked.

Yoona simply smiled. "We have our own abilities remember? You can volunteer if you'd like."

"He should be one." Taeyeon commented as she walked towards them with Seohyun. "...What do you mean Taeyeon?"

Taeyeon sat across them as she clasped her hands in delight. Taecyeon had a blank expression on his face as he glanced at the Queens.

"What I meant was, he's going to be one of the Soldiers who can defeat the Kings, including us, of course." Yoona leaned her head forward as she paid close attention to what the eldest was saying.

"Soldier? ...We haven't form an army for years! Besides, what makes this batch of army special?"

"Seohyun, explain the rest to her." Taeyeon leaned her back against the chair as she waited for Seohyun to speak up.

"Okay, listen here Yoona unnie. Last night, I had visions appearing in my mind. The vision elaborated that, we won't succeed in our battle if we don't form a special troop of soldiers that consists eight different abilities. Hence, we have to find these eight special soldiers in order to defeat the Kings. If we fought for the Solitaire alone, we won't be able to make it, according to my predictions though. However, it turned out that Taecyeon is one of them. He falls under both defense and attack level. He's as rare as you and Taeyeon unnie-"

Taecyeon raised a hand. "Woah, woah calm down your highnesses. I don't know what in the world are all of you talking about. What do you mean I'm in both defense or attack? I have a special ability?"

Seohyun scratched the back of her head as she tried to figure out. "I'm sorry Taecyeon, I guess we'll only find out after all the solidiers are gathered. For now, everything's unknown." For that instance, Taeyeon stood up as she focused her eyes on Taecyeon.

"Taecyeon, Yoona. Both of you have to find the other missing soldiers. You two must be accompanied by at least one of each gender. This is your mission. Taecyeon, save your questions later. Both of you should find a Hunter wandering around in the woods. Seohyun's prediction recently should be accurate enough. Yoona, you know what to do. Take care of them. Now go." Both Taecyeon and Yoona stood up and bowed before they got ready. Taeyeon sighed as Seohyun patted her on the back. "They'll be alright unnie~"

Taeyeon turned to face her and smiled. "I believe they will."

Yoona headed to somewhere as Taecyeon tagged along behind. She went around in circles as she stopped in front of a door. She turned the doorknob and took a peek inside.

"Yuri?" she shifted her eyes from one corner to the other. "Oh, Yoona." Yuri dropped her daggers as she turned around and faced both of them. She tilted her head to the left as she observed Taecyeon, from head to toe. Taecyeon felt threatened as he took a step backwards. Yoona snapped Yuri out of her thoughts while Taecyeon stood there with his head down. "What is it?"

"Yuri, you have to come with us. We need to find the other soldiers out there. You heard about it right?"

"Yeah, I got the message. Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go~" Yuri picked up her pair of daggers and went to change into her dress. As she got out from her dressing room, the three of them started to set off until Taecyeon remembered something.

"Umm, your highnesses. Who's my partner?" Both Yoona and Yuri looked at each other as they forgot about the male partner.

"Well, do you have any friends with you?" Yoona asked.

"I do. He lives at the far end of the town." The two Queens groaned. "We'll take a long time to go there." Yuri shrugged. "I'll teleport to the lad." Tiffany came down the stairs giving them her signature eye-smile. "I guess we'll take 'yes' as an answer." The three waited in the living room patiently.

 

-At Wooyoung's apartment-

Wooyoung heard a knock on the door. "Who is it?" As he swung the door open, he found a beautiful young woman staring back at him. Tiffany-ssi...

Tiffany reached out a hand. "Good afternoon! I'm Tiffany Hwang. I believe you're Taecyeon's best friend? What's your name?"

Wooyoung blinked a few times before he responded. "Ah...yes. I'm Jang Wooyoung. Pleasure to meet you, your highness."

"Pleasure to meet you too~! Okay, enough talk. You have to come with me Wooyoung-ssi. Here, take my hand." Wooyoung hesitated but, he couldn't reject her request. As he timidly held hands with her, both of them disappeared in a blink of an eye.

 

-At the Palace-

Yuri tapped her fingers on the side table, Yoona glanced at the wall clock and Taecyeon leaned against the wall with his arms crossed. The front doors opened as the three of them awakened from their thoughts. "Alright then. I guess all of you can start on your journey. Good luck to the four of you." Tiffany briskly climbed up the stairs as she left the four of them in the living room. Wooyoung dashed to Taecyeon's side.

Wooyoung whispered to his ear. "Yah! What am I doing here? I told you not to be a nuisance!"

"Chill. We're just going on a mission. Save your questions, later craftman~" Taecyeon followed Yoona and Yuri who were heading outside the front door. Wooyoung whined to himself, until Taeyeon called him. "Jang Wooyoung. Good luck~"

Wooyoung blushed as he bowed to her. "Thank you...Taeyeon-ssi." Without another word, he catched up with Taecyeon, Yoona and Yuri. As they started to venture out in the forest, Wooyoung felt himself grinning like an idiot throughout the whole journey. Taecyeon glanced at him and wondered why he was in high spirits. After moments of silence, Yoona halted in her tracks as she noticed a young man tied up to a tree with his mouth covered by a cloth. The group rushed to his side as the young man shook his head in disagreement. He mumbled something, as his eyes widened. Taecyeon felt an unfamiliar aura spreading around them. Suddenly, he felt something buzzing in his head. It has to be a Jester. As he rotated to his left, a Jester swung a sword aiming on his head.

"GUYS! LOOK OUT!" Taecyeon squatted instantly and rolled on the ground towards his right. Yoona and Yuri hurriedly took out their weapons and attacked the Jesters who made an ambush. Wooyoung took out his knife and started to cut the rope that was tied around the young man. A Jester sneaked up behind him as the young man pointed to his right. Wooyoung dodged and kicked the Jester on the stomach. He made the rope loosen as the young man untied the cloth that was covering his mouth. Taecyeon, Yoona and Yuri made a final blow on the last Jester alive. After attacking all the Jesters, the four of them catched their breath. The young man gleefully smiled.

"Greetings, Solitarians. I'm Nichkhun Horvejkul, a Hunter from the North Club. I owe my respect and courtesy to all of you for saving my life." Nichkhun removed his fedora hat from his head placing it on his chest and sincerely bowed to them. "May I know your identities?"

Yoona stepped forward and introduced herself and the others. "Nice to meet you, Nichkhun. I'm Im Yoona, and this is Kwon Yuri. We're both Queens of the Solitaire. This is Ok Taecyeon, on my right and beside him is Jang Wooyoung. Pleasure to meet you Hunter." Nichkhun shifted his eyes from Yoona to Yuri who was peculiarly staring back at him. He was allured by her long and wavy hair, mesmerizing eyes and her beautiful dress. What a beauty. He then, focused his eyes on Taecyeon and Wooyoung who were awkwardly smiling at him. He grinned until, he reminisced about earlier.

"Pleasure to meet you too your highnesses and soldiers. Anyway, I have an urgent matter to discuss about my dear friends. My other companions have been kidnapped by some other Jesters who have managed to escape. They are probably locked up in their territories. You must help me rescue them. I beg of all of you." Nichkhun's concern grew as he was afraid that his companions might be dispatched by those merciless Jesters. Yuri pleasingly nodded. "Don't worry Nichkhun. We're here on a mission to find the other missing soldiers who will be part of our army. We will consider your request immediately." She placed both of her daggers inside her side pockets as Nichkhun took the lead of the group. The five of them set off to find the kidnapped soldiers.

However, they did not know that someone was actually stalking them. I can see that all of you, are entering our territory. Be careful, Solitarians. We might hurt you.

 

-At the Palace-

Seohyun jerked up in her seat. Oh no...She walked briskly towards Taeyeon's room. "Taeyeon unnie!"

Taeyeon looked up and took off her glasses. "What is it Seohyun? Bad news?"

"I have a bad feeling about the four of them unnie. Someone is suspiciously following them! My visions were blur but I know that this person is a menace. What are we going to do about this unnie?"

Taeyeon frowned as she propped her elbows on her desk, clasping her hands together. "They have to be careful and aware. Don't worry Taecyeon can sense auras. His ability is developing. Yoona and Yuri is strong enough to protect themselves. Don't worry Seohyun, they'll be fine." An image of Wooyoung appeared in her mind. She sighed in discontent. Wooyoung, I hope you're going to be safe. "They managed to find the Hunter right?"

"Yes, unnie. They are heading off to somewhere, right now."

"Good." They have just started.

 

___________________________________