Seoul

Spades & Hearts

Yoona woke up with the rays of light, seeping through the windows that made her eyes flutter. She turned to the person beside her and smiled. 

"Good morning." Taecyeon greeted her, planting a kiss on her forehead. 

"Ugh. I don't like it when you have to leave so soon." 

"Just treat it as my getaway. I mean, I'll be back sooner or later." 

"I wish both of us can stay in bed the whole day." she pulled him closer, cuddling into his arms. 

"I'd love to, but I think Sooman-ssi would be jealous of me staying in your kingdom." he smirked. 

"Aww. Just stay here for god's sake!" 

Both of them sat up, while Taecyeon interrupted Yoona with a kiss. Before they went any more further, Taecyeon stopped as he regained self-control. Yoona bit her bottom lip, slightly blushing. 

"You know, I'm always tempted being intimate but I just need to control myself from doing so. Who knows what I might do to you..." 

She smiled. "I don't mind actually. As long as I'm with you, nothing else matters." 

"So promise to wait for me okay! Just imagine, we'll be husband and wife, a father and a mother-" 

Yoona placed a finger on his lips. "Please stop. I'm sorry, I just don't want to feel depressed at the thought knowing that I have to wait."

"My apologies then. Come on, get up I need to prepare."  

"Fine..." 

Yoona went back to her own bedroom and Taecyeon went to take a shower. Yuri noticed Yoona coming in their bedroom and greeted her as well. 

"You okay, Yoona ah?" 

"Yeah, I just need a quick shower." 

"Taecyeon didn't you right?" she asked suspiciously.

"Oh for god's sake unnie NO!" Yoona face-palmed herself. 

"Okay, I was kidding! Go change~" 

"It's as if Nichkhun oppa didn't do anything to you..." Yoona mumbled to herself. 

Yuri narrowed her eyes and glanced at Yoona's direction. "I heard that Im Yoona!" 

 

"Miss me big guy?" Nichkhun knocked onto Taecyeon's door as he gave him a fist-bump. 

"So you and Yuri were making out last night?" 

"What? No!" he denied. 

"Relax, I won't spill the beans." 

"You're so mean Taec, it's as if you didn't do anything to Yoona." 

"What? She's my girlfriend." 

"Well Yuri's my soon-to-be wife." 

"I know it buddy. You don't have to rub salt into my wounds." 

"The guys and I actually made a promise to you. And they wanted me to tell you personally instead." 

Taecyeon grabbed his black leathered vest and put it on himself, putting it on properly. 

"What is it?" 

Nichkhun grinned and said, "We'll wait for you to come back and then, we'll start the wedding preparations." 

Taecyeon rose his eyebrow. "That's kind of ridiculous. I might not return that fast." 

"Well, we don't want you to miss any of our marriages, so..." 

"It's fine if all of you would marry without me. You guys have a life too you know." 

"Don't be so stubborn Taec. Just let us wait for you." 

Taecyeon shrugged his shoulders, nodding in defeat. "Whatever your choices are, I appreciate it a lot." 

"Of course Taec, you're our big brother here." 

"Is everyone waiting for us?" 

Nichkhun peered outside the window, spotted Sooman strolling towards the gates. 

"Sooman-ssi's here." 

"Let's go down then." 

Taecyeon combed his hair hastily before they headed to the living room. Taecyeon noticed everyone ready, engrossed in their own conversations even his own goddess, Yoona, was laughing heartily with Jessica and Yuri. Nichkhun joined in Junho and Chansung's conversation while Jay went over to Taecyeon. 

"What's up bro. Man, I'm gonna miss you." Jay wrapped an arm around his neck, ruffling his hair playfully. 

"I'll miss you too Jay. You have to teach me those moves when I come back." 

"Sure! No problem bro." 

"Yah!" Wooyoung hit Taecyeon's shoulder earning a glare from Taecyeon. "I'll miss you hyung~" 

"I won't miss you Woo." he giggled. 

"Why?!" 

"Because I'll get sad once I start missing you." 

"Aww~" Wooyoung blushed and laughed along with Taecyeon and Jay. 

"Don't forget us Taecyeon hyung!" Junho and Chansung said as they gave him fist-bumps. 

"Us as well, Taecyeon ah." Yonghwa and Sungmin patting him on the back. 

"And make sure, you return as stronger and healthier as ever okay?!" Junsu added. 

"Thanks guys. I won't forget you ever and I'll return as soon as possible. I promise." 

"Keep your promise then! COME ON GROUP HUG!" Jay commanded as all the guys huddled over to Taecyeon. 

"Taecyeon ah, come here." Taeyeon mentioned him to come over to the ladies' side. "Stand right there!" 

The ladies lined up and stood in front of Taecyeon. He got startled as he blushed, when each of the Queens gave him a light peck on his cheek. As expected, the last lady was no other than Yoona who was smiling at him. 

"Aren't you going to kiss me on the cheek as well?" he rose his eyebrow. 

"Hmm, I don't want to." she chuckled and tiptoed, crushing her own lips onto his.  

"GOD, I WANT TO BE TAECYEON!" the guys complained to themselves, while the ladies giggled at them. 

"COME BACK SOON!" the ladies yelled into his ear, driving him crazy. Silence grew, once they heard the door creak open. It was Sooman standing by the double door. All of them pursed their lips as they took a glance at Taecyeon. 

"So we'll go now?" Taecyeon asked him. 

"How about all of you, should send him back as well?" 

Sooman smiled as he made his way towards the gates, with the group quietly cheering behind him. All of them went back to the forest, where Wooyoung found Taecyeon wandering about. They stopped at the spot, where Taecyeon exactly landed at. 

"The time has come, Taecyeon-ssi. Any last words for your clique?" 

Taecyeon heaved a sigh and flashed a toothy grin. "I'll be back." 

He winked towards Yoona's direction as she winked back at him. He took off his necklace and handed it over to Sooman. He waved a goodbye towards the group, they waved back at him and just in a flash, leaves started to spin and everything fades to black. 

 

Taecyeon groaned as he held his head, rubbing it gently. He looked around his surroundings and noticed that he was sitting on a bench nearby a cherry blossom tree. I'm back... He sighed and scratched his head, heading back home. He dashed towards his mother, once he had seen her locking the door of the house. 

"Umma!" Mrs Ok turned around and found Taecyeon running towards her, wrapping his arms around her immediately. 

"Taecyeon ah...where have you been? I've missed you so much." 

"I was away, to think. Complications that is...anyway, where are you going? Where's appa?" 

"While you were away, both of us couldn't stop thinking about you. Your father did regret to send you away and...the sad thing is that your father's been suffering from cancer already. He has only been given one last month to live..." 

Mrs Ok sobbed uncontrollably as Taecyeon pulled her in for a hug, comforting her. 

"I'm sorry umma...I didn't know!" 

"Let's go visit him now." 

Taecyeon nodded with Mrs Ok clinging onto his arm for support. They went to Seoul Hospital where Mr Ok had been looked after. They visited his room and noticed that Mr Ok was sleeping soundly. Taecyeon went over to his side and sat down on the chair, beside the bed. Tears had already been dropping from his eyes, blurring his own vision. He held his father's hand gently and gazed at him. 

"Appa. It's me, Taecyeon. You've been missing me a lot huh? Umma told me that. Look, I want to tell you that I left for a reason. Appa, I've been always a very stubborn son and I was always disobedient towards you. I've yelled, cursed and I even dared to threaten you, physically. I apologize with all of my heart for not being the son you wanted. I admit my own mistakes and I have reflected on my own actions when I was away. I'm sorry for everything I've done. Because, I love you appa. I really do. So...please live..." 

Taecyeon cried madly in tears, as he clutched his own hand onto his father's. Little did he know, Mr Ok was listening most of the time and felt a pang inside him. Mr Ok forced his eyes open and stared at his own son. 

"Taecyeon..." he murmured. 

"Appa..?" 

"Silly boy. I...forgive you." Mr Ok weakly smiled. 

"Thank you." 

Mrs Ok smiled at the sight in front of her as Taecyeon got into a conversation with his own father. After a while, she placed a blanket over Taecyeon since she noticed his head resting onto the edge of the bed, dozing off. She felt blissful at the moment as god had finally brought them back together. 

 

Two weeks have passed, and Mr Ok's life span shortens each day. Taecyeon had been taking care of him well as he visited him often and would always share some stories with his own father. He even helped his own mother by buying their own groceries and making food for Mr Ok. However, Mrs Ok have been encouraging Taecyeon to find a job so that he could have his own living. 

"You should really find a new job Taecyeon." 

He sighed. "I know umma. But I looked around town, no jobs available. Well there are some, but my skills aren't required nor helpful." 

"Okay, go buy your dad some green apples from the convenience store across the park. It's about to be dusk soon."

Taecyeon nodded and grabbed along his black back-pack along with him. He went back to the park where the bench he sat on and the cherry blossom tree that led him to the Solitaire before. He came to a pause and looked at the tree, reminiscing the memories he had in the Solitaire and wondered if they were having a good time. 

"Ugh. Sooman hyung, when can I come back?" Taecyeon talked to himself, shaking his head for the silly thought. He scratched the back of his head and walked forward until he bumped into someone, causing the other person's things drop onto the ground. 

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry! I didn't notice you were rushing." he heard a lady's familiar voice.

Taecyeon bowed down as he picked up the stuff on the floor and handed it over to her. He froze as he felt his feet rooted to the ground once he made an eye-contact with the woman. 

"Yoo...Y-Yoona?" he blurted out, not believing whom he was seeing right in front of him. 

The girl smiled in return. "Omo, we know each other? I don't recall...meeting you." 

Taecyeon was taken aback, confused by her reaction. Taecyeon, what are you thinking?! This isn't the Solitaire and she doesn't know you when you're in Seoul! It made perfect sense to him that he wasn't in the place where they knew each other. He stood awkwardly and grinned. 

"I'm sorry, I thought I met you before since I have a friend who looks like you." 

"Oh, is it? It's alright. Umm...I'm Im Yoona." she reached out her hand politely. 

Taecyeon stared at her hand and shook it slowly. "I'm Ok Taecyeon." 

"Hmm, Taecyeon. What a nice name~" 

"So is yours!" he chuckled. 

"You seem to be a great guy. I like you already!" 

You don't know how much I like, perhaps love you Yoona ah. "Me too. You seem like a nice lady." 

Yoona giggled as both of them started talking with each other. 

"Hey Taecyeon, do you have a job?" she asked curiously. 

"Umm...no! Not at all." 

"Great! Are you willing to work at my restaurant? You see, I'm an employee there and we're looking for one last employee to work for us. The CEO is looking for someone decent and I think...you can fit the job! So how'd you like that? Want to join us?" 

"Sure! Why ever not? I'm willing to work at your place! In fact, I'm already excited." 

"You're cute Taecyeon ah. Okay, then I'll send you to our boss right away!" 

Yoona held onto his arm as Taecyeon let her, probably missing her desperately in the time being. They reached a restaurant and he glanced at the sign above. "The Solitaire" it says as it shone brightly with the lightbulbs decorated around it. Taecyeon let out a short laugh, couldn't believe that fate was playing with him. 

"We're here~" Yoona opened the doors of the entrance and all the employees turned to their direction. They lined up in order, one side of males and one side of females as all of them were dressed up as waiters and waitresses. 

"Taeyeon-ssi! We have a new gentleman here to join us!" Yoona pointed to Taecyeon whose jaw was about to drop anytime. 

"Oh, greetings Taecyeon-ssi! Would you like to join our family?" Taeyeon asked. 

Taecyeon observed each and one of the waiters and waitresses's faces. It was Jay, Junsu, Nichkhun, Wooyoung, Junho, Chansung, Yonghwa and Sungmin. And as for the ladies, they were Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona and Seohyun. Fate really is playing a trick on me. 

"What did you say? Fate playing a trick on you?" Taeyeon rose an eyebrow. 

The same old Taeyeon. "Nope, I'm willing to work here. In fact, I would love to be part of your family." 

"Well, listen up guys! We have a new employee here to join us, with the name of Ok Taecyeon! Greetings everybody~!" Taeyeon announced as she introduced him. 

"Welcome to the Solitaire~!" all of them bowed and greeted in unison. 

Taecyeon bowed as he noticed that all of them winked at him at the same time. I guess staying in Seoul won't be that bad after all. Wooyoung rushed over to him and reached out his hand. 

"Hi! I'm Jang Wooyoung! Nice to meet you!" 

Nichkhun followed behind him. "Hey, I'm Nichkhun Horvejkul." 

Then Jay appeared next. "What's up? Park Jaebeom, a.k.a Jay Park~" 

"Hello! I'm Lee Junho and this is Hwang Chansung." Junho and Chansung bowed to him. 

"Hi, I'm Jung Yonghwa." 

"And my name is Lee Sungmin!" 

Taecyeon slightly bowed as well and chatted with some of the guys.  

"Taecyeon! Here's your working attire. You can start fresh tomorrow morning, 7am sharp!" Taeyeon gave him some instructions as he agreed obediently. 

"Looks like I've found the right working partner." Yoona stood next to him, spotting his attire. 

"Working partner? What's that?" 

"Oh, well usually two of each gender are assigned onto one task since there are many of us here like Taeyeon and Wooyoung are in charge of the restaurant's overall well-being while Nichkhun and Yuri are in charge of being bartenders. So it's something like that~" 

"I see. So, what do you work as?" 

"I serve the customers who visits the bar and currently, I'm alone...but I found you!" 

Taecyeon couldn't help but to smile like an idiot. "That's awesome."

"You wouldn't mind if I'd call you Taecyeon oppa right? You're older than me are you?" 

"Yeah, I'm 24 and I guess you're 22? I see no harm with a beautiful girl calling me oppa." 

"Aish~ quit the mushiness oppa." 

"Oops! I forgot that my umma was asking me to buy some green apples. I'll leave now, see you tomorrow Yoona ah!" 

"See you tomorrow Taecyeon oppa!" she waved back at him.

Taecyeon smiled as he bowed to Yoona, leaving quickly recalling his mother's order. He left the restaurant and stared at the sign again. 

"I'm home." 

 

 

____________________________

CHEERS! Spades & Hearts has finally come to an end everyone! :D It's quite depressing actually, since I won't be writing that recent anymore :( BUT I have considered the sequel as my thank you present to you guys! ^^ HOORAY~ Also, I would like to thank my dear readers and subscribers for sharing with me your comments below x) IT WAS APPRECIATING REALLY XD! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH GUYS 8D THANKS FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT TO MY STORY ^O^ ~ And, sorry for the twist at the end xD it was kind of lame...don't you think so? HAHA! At least they met each other again right? LOL~ 

Well I guess, I'm back to focusing on my studies again~ 

tumblr_m6c87tmGrS1qjbt1no1_500.gif

Yoona so cute here *~* HEHEHE~ I promise I'll be back with the sequel real soon! ^^ I'll work hard like Taec xP

tumblr_m9jszcLqWL1ql4j8lo3_250.gif

Thanks for all the love again guys~! MUACKZXC~! 

tumblr_m9svmelUwg1qjc63mo11_r1_500.gif

 

tumblr_m9t8jdc9WA1qdzvrro1_r1_500.gif

Till we meet again, Happy Spades & Hearts Day! ;)