Chance

Spades & Hearts

It was 5am in the morning and Sungmin and Sunny were quietly peeking into every room. Sungmin knew where the Queens were, but he wouldn't want to risk Sunny's life. So he acted natural and acted as if he had no idea about it. Sunny's curiosity rose until she came into a locked door. She looked at Sungmin who was focusing his eyes on the door as well.

"I got this." Sunny backed away from the door, preparing to kick it with all her might.

 

Sooyoung leaned restlessly against the door, sighing. All of a sudden, she heard footsteps from outside. Are they the Kings or what? She panicked and grabbed a vase from the bedside table, ready for what's coming next.

 

"You really did destroy the door." Sungmin laughed as he looked back at the broken door. They inspected the whole room, no one was there. But the room was like a small library, bookshelves and books covered in dust. Sunny roamed around the room and a section of books caught her eye.

"Books of Spells?" her fingers glided through the dusty books and paused at a certain title. "Trick." She was about to pull the book out until Sungmin warned that there were people approaching.

 

The door opened and Sooyoung threw the vase, while someone caught hold of the vase in time.

"EH? GUYS!" Sooyoung went to hug Junho, Chansung and Yonghwa at the same time.

"We...can't...breathe..." the three Soldiers mumbled.

She ended the hug as the guys gasped for air. "Oops! Sorry..."

"I almost got hit by you." Chansung placed the vase down smiled.

"I'm sorry Chansung ah. I thought the Kings were entering."

"Anyway, where are the others?" Junho asked.

Sooyoung bit her lower lip and hung her head low. "They're with the Kings. And something had happened to them."

"What happened?" the three asked in unison.

"I don't know, but I think the Kings did some kind of manipulation. Luckily, I wasn't affected."

Yonghwa sighed. "I guess we have to rescue them as soon as possible. Who knows what might happen?"

"Wait guys." Sooyoung dashed towards the door to forbid them from leaving. "How are we going to rescue them?" The 4 of them exchanged glances.

 

"Leeteuk hyung. We have a problem." Siwon placed a finger under his chin and creased his brows.

"Why what is it?" he sat down on his swivel chair and observed his brothers frowning, across the long table.

"One of our Jesters reported that the Eastern District have been recently attacking our territories. We have a difficult task this time. It's time to eliminate the chief of that district and his men." Ryeowook replied.

Leeteuk simply smiled. "Well then. We have not much time to waste. It takes quite some time to sort out these kind of situations."

Donghae looked up and asked, "What about the Queens?"

"They'll be fine. We have our Jesters guarding them. For now, we have to deal with the trespassers. Let's start the day with a smile shall we?"

"Yes Leeteuk hyung." they nodded and left their room in silence.

 

"Woah, guys. I guess this is our opportunity to find them." Junho stared at the huge glass window and observed the Kings strolling towards the front gates, predicting that they were off to somewhere.

"BINGO!" Yonghwa high-fived with Changsung.

 

"This mansion is one hell of a maze." Taecyeon, Nichkhun and Wooyoung ended up in the mansion's huge living room. Coincidental, all of the Soldiers finally met altogether in the living room, including Sunny and Sungmin. They couldn't believe that they would meet up at the same place in one time.

"I guess all of you are brave now, since the Kings left recently." Sunny giggled as she glanced each and every one of them.

"Well it's the perfect timing. But how are we going to find the Queens?" Nichkhun asked.

"They are all over the place. So here's the plan. All of us will split up individually and try to find them as soon as possible. Chansung and Sooyoung, both of you can search together since you two are training partners. If you have found any of them, get them back here in the living room, understand? Sungmin and I will be back here by noon. The Kings won't be coming back that soon, so we're safe."

Sunny waited for their response and have seen most of them nodding. By the time Sunny left, Sungmin tagged along with her. The Soldiers separated and looked for their own training partners as well.

 

Yonghwa passed by an eerie hallway, not knowing where he would lead to. Mysterious paintings were hung up on the wall and the dark violet wallpaper made the atmosphere, haunting. His eyes wandered along the carpeted floor, his ears perked up when he heard a book drop. He looked up as his jaw dropped. The lady in front of him tilted her head and observed him confusingly.

"S-Seohyun ah..." Yonghwa stuttered in disbelief.

"Who are you?"

Yonghwa felt taken aback. She doesn't know him? He wondered what had happened.

"It's me...Yonghwa."

Seohyun's eyes widened and stared at him. Enemy...That was one thing in her mind that urged her to run away. Yonghwa stepped closer while Seohyun backed away, and sprinted off. Yonghwa panicked and ran up to catch her.

 

Nichkhun spotted a figure of a lady walking towards a room. He ran forward and halted in front of the door. Without hesitation, he turned the doorknob and found his training partner, Yuri.

 

Junho snickered when he caught a blonde haired woman dancing in a particular room. He went inside and stood behind her. Hyoyeon felt a pair of warm hands around her abdomen and placed her hands over Junho's.

"I missed you, Hyoyeon." he whispered in her ear.

Hyoyeon was caught off guard when she knew it wasn't Eunhyuk's voice. She turned around and was puzzled to see a stranger.

"Hyo, it's me Junho."

"Junho?...where's Eunhyuk?"

Hyoyeon pushed Junho away from her and anxiously backed away. Junho's heart ached when Hyoyeon said another name instead of his.

 

"JESSICA!" Jay found Jessica wandering about at a balcony and hugged her tightly. Jessica was startled with his surprise and awkwardly hugged him back.

"I don't know you..."

Jay rose his eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

 

Junsu sighed as he continued to search. Fortunately, he heard someone playing a flute and knew who it was, without any doubts. He ran towards the backyard at the garden and found Tiffany standing near a cherry blossom tree, harmoniously playing the flute.

 

Taecyeon and Wooyoung formed up together as a pair since they didn't want to go alone.

"Hey, I'll check this hallway to find Taeyeon. What about you?"

 Taecyeon shrugged, "I'll just accompany you."

"Alright then."   

Both of them walked together in the hallway and Wooyoung heard someone singing. He followed the mysterious voice that led to a room. Taecyeon groaned as he left Wooyoung. He went further and found a spiral staircase. Curious of where it leads to, he climbed up the stairs, and found himself magically at the rooftop. However, he wasn't alone...

 

_________________________