Flashbacks

Spades & Hearts

*Flashback*

"It's an honour to meet you, Kim Taeyeon."

Leeteuk kissed Taeyeon's hand as he sincerely gazed into her eyes. It was a decade back then. The Queens met the Kings after the older generation of royal highnesses had been deceased. It was a new cycle all over again, where the new generation gets to live for a hundred years or better, living for an eternity if they have special abilities.

It was the 15th annual Masquerade Ball Anniversary, and the Queens were dazzled by the ambience of the ballroom. Special guests and companions were invited to the party. The Queens were properly greeting the guests as they came across the sight of the Kings. Once both parties have greeted, feelings started to build up the Kings' minds. As the MC announced the Masquerade's Waltz, the gentlemen invited the ladies for the dance. Leeteuk with Taeyeon, Donghae with Yoona, Eunhyuk with Hyoyeon, Siwon with Tiffany and Kyuhyun with Seohyun.

"You look gorgeous tonight Yoona-ssi." Donghae flashed a smile which made Yoona's heart skip a beat.

"Thank you. You too, you look dashing tonight as well."

Both of them giggled as they interacted more.

 

"How flexible of you to dance, your highness."

Eunhyuk was guiding Hyoyeon as she responded to his footsteps and actions smoothly. Hyoyeon blushed when he was praising her for every move.

The others were enjoying their waltz as well as gleeful grins and eye-smiles were plastered on their faces. Ever since that night, the Kings started to have affections towards the Queens. They asked them for dates which made the Queens grow fond of the gentlemen. The Kings almost spend most of their time with the Queens and eventually, they fell in love. Taeyeon being with Leeteuk, thought that she was the most blissful person in the world. Leeteuk felt the same as he finally made a decision of proposing to her on a certain day. The Kings decided to propose to the Queens altogether in a special place to make a surprise. Unfortunately, the Queens found out that the Kings had been affecting other people in the Solitaire. They had been killing innocent Solitarians, ordering and forcing children to work and some affairs with unknown ladies. These shocked the Queens completely. They didn't know that they behaved in such ways, which were aggressive. But what broke their heart was that, they accidentally heard about the Kings' plan of getting close with the Queens, just to take over the whole of Solitaire.

The ladies felt as if their whole world fell apart by the Kings hatred actions. That evening, Donghae found Yoona at the balcony.

"Hello my goddess." he stood beside her and stared at the sunset. Yoona didn't respond as she kept silent.

"Anything, bothering you?"

She turned to his face and sighed. "I can't believe you betrayed us. Betrayed my heart."

He rose an eyebrow and cleared his throat. "What do you mean? What are you talking about?"

Tears were threatening to fall before she spoke. "You were planning to use us."

Donghae's mind lit up as he swallowed carefully. "Yoona, this isn't-"

"What? Are you trying to say you're innocent? Please. It's not funny playing with someone's feelings and hurting someone's heart. How selfish of all of you to use us just to rule the Solitaire-"

"Yoona no, that's not it. We were actually planning to propose to you Queens! Please don't misunderstand."

"Misunderstood? I guess you chose the wrong word. We aren't fools Donghae. Once you have married us, I know that all of you would take advantage of us. We heard what Leeteuk have said. Don't try to deny."

Donghae hugged Yoona out of a sudden, but she pushed him with all her might. Tears were flowing down her delicate face, and wiped them away effortlessly with her hand. The bodyguards gathered to the balcony and grabbed Donghae's arms, pulling him away from Yoona. The Queens witnessed them as they huddled over to Yoona's side.

"Yoona! Yoona! NO! GET AWAY FROM ME!" Donghae tried to resist from the bodyguards, but failed. Yoona could hardly breathe as she collapsed onto the ground, with her sisters rushing over to catch her. With that, all of them broke into tears.

*End*

Ever since the Kings broke the Queens' hearts, they grew stronger as they never did open their hearts to anyone else over the decade, until they met the Soldiers who made their hearts soften once again. Taeyeon sighed as memories flooded her thoughts. Thinking about the past, was just painful to remember.

Sunny and the Soldiers were close to the Jesters' territory and the Kings' Mansion as well. Sunny hid behind a tree and peeked to check the entrance. There were Jesters guarding the gates, as usual.

"Alright guys. We have to get inside, in order to get closer to the Mansion. We have to plan before we do anything. So, here's the plan..."

She whispered to them softly as she explained their strategies. The Soldiers listened carefully and nodded along the way. After much explanation, they hid behind the tree while Yonghwa hid behind another tree to make his target over the Jesters. He exhaled slowly, before releasing the arrow from his bow. With just one attempt, the Jester winced in agony as the arrow was shot through the heart. The other Jesters inspected their surroundings but found no one. Yonghwa aimed a few more arrows and managed to kill all of the Jesters in a jiffy. He grinned in satisfaction as he signaled the others to move quickly. Sunny and the Soldiers sprinted to the entrance, as more obstacles were lined up along the way towards the Mansion.

 

-At the Kings' Mansion-

"So what're you planning to do?" Siwon asked Leeteuk who was resting his back against his swivel chair.

"We have to change the Queens' point of view..."

"What?"

He stood up and went over to the large, glass window. "To refresh their minds. To manipulate them."

"Ah. I get what you mean hyung." Siwon smirked.

Eunhyuk creased his brows as he pondered. "So, basically we're turning them into bad girls?"

"Bingo." Leeteuk snapped a finger while Siwon and Eunhyuk high-fived with each other. Leeteuk then called the other Kings to gather and discuss.

 

"Oh shoot." Sunny mumbled under her breath when a troop of Jesters urged forward before them. She turned to face the Soldiers and nodded in confirmation. Without hesitation, Junho, Nichkhun and Chansung moved forward to attack. Some of the enemies attacked the others but Taecyeon and Sunny managed to protect themselves with a huge force-field. As Junho stabbed the last Jester with a dagger, the three gentlemen gasped for oxygen.

"We better hurry." Junho reminded while the others just nodded. Altogether, they kept close with each other and travelled quietly to the Mansion. Sungmin groaned as he panicked in his mind. Time is running out...

 

The Queens woke up from their restless sleep when they heard the hinges of the metallic doors, creaking.

"Hello my goddess." the Kings whispered in unison. They stepped closer to them as they waited for a chance to manipulate them altogether.

"What are you doing here?" the ladies backed away from each of them. 1...2...3. The Kings counted in their minds and abruptly pinned the Queens against the cold wall. The ladies struggled helplessly while the Kings' eyes focused on theirs. They chanted some kind of spells in order to manipulate them successfully. Manipulation was much more stronger than to hypnotize. Once the gentlemen stopped, the ladies passed out and collapsed on the floor. The Kings grinned in triumph as they went out of their cells while carrying the Queens on their backs.

Leeteuk couldn't help but to smile at Taeyeon as he carried her bridal style. He thought about the possibilities of being with her all over again. Just you wait, my love.

 

The tall, dark and gloomy gates would always make one person feel unwelcome. The Soldiers have finally reached the Mansion and thinking how they would enter the area. Sunny had an idea which made Wooyoung grumble in annoyance.

"Do I really have to do this?" he whined like a little kid.

All of them nodded. Sunny crossed her arms as she glared at Wooyoung. "Do you want to save the Queens or not?"

He shrugged his shoulders and sighed. "Alright, alright."

He did a circular motion with his swords as he levitated. As he floats in mid-air, he checked the surroundings whether it was safe to enter without getting caught by the Kings or Jesters.

"Yah! It's clear!" he made a signal and gave a thumbs up.

"Come down quick!" Sunny mentioned him to land back on the ground. Wooyoung carefully brought himself towards the group and sent each and one of them to the other side of the wall. Once he sent the last person over, he joined in the rest of the team.

"Remember. Don't let any King or Jester catch you, we'll have to split up by now. The Mansion is like a maze here. Difficult to go inside. So, Sungmin and I will be together. Junho, Yonghwa and Chansung, you three together. Taecyeon, Wooyoung and Nichkhun in one team and Junsu and Jay the other team. Stay low, be quick. Aim is to find the Queens, my sisters. Alright?" she observed them one by one and received constant nods.

"Okay, good luck guys." Sunny and Sungmin went off first while Junho, Yonghwa and Chansung headed to another direction. Jay and Junsu hesitated but went to a different direction as well.

"Let's keep together guys. Just like we did before." Nichkhun tried to motivate themselves up.

"I hope we won't get killed." Taecyeon and Nichkhun stared at Wooyoung. "What?"

"We won't die. We'll never get killed. Let's just go." Taecyeon walked briskly as he left the two behind.

Nichkhun and Wooyoung dashed to catch up with him. "YAH! WAIT UP!"

The three entered the mysterious maze which led inside the mansion itself. Trouble awaits them.

 

_________________________________

First of all, I'm sorry for not updating lately :( because my examinations are like around the corner, so I have to ban myself from writing TOT""'.....Anyway, I had writer's block for this so, I didn't really explain very well in this chapter :/ To all my subscribers and readers, thank you for your patience ^^ and I love you guys :DDDDD My next update would be after two weeks I guess. So hold on yeah? ^^ THANKS GUYS ^O^ ~~