Night Fever

Spades & Hearts

Taecyeon and Yoona strolled towards the garden outside. They could hear the crickets shrilling and the trees swaying in the breeze.

"So, how was the waltz?" Taecyeon broke the silence.

"It was...decent. At least you didn't step on my foot."

"Well, of course I have to be careful! I wouldn't want YOU to step on me, knowing that you're a herculean."

Yoona swatted him on his right shoulder. "Glad you know that~"

They stopped at the small bridge and was amazed to see the full view of the white moon. Taecyeon took off his mask.

"Why did you take it off?"

He held the bridge of his nose. "Err...I needed to let the moist around my eyes, dry."

"Oh. You look handsome today Taecyeon." Yoona smiled in awe as she glanced at his god-like face.

"Why? I wasn't handsome the other days?" he joked.

She laughed. "Of course not. You're handsome everyday. It's just that, you stand out more today because of your tux and your hair."

"Nah, I was just kidding. Thanks for the compliment."

"You're welcome~"

Taecyeon gazed at her, wanting to say his confession at this very moment. He placed both of his hands on her shoulders to let her face him. Yoona caught him off-guard as she was startled of his actions. Both of them were staring intensely at each other. Beads of perspiration began to form on Taecyeon's forehead and Yoona's heart began to beat faster. What surprised Yoona was that Taecyeon slowly took off her own mask, unveiling her doe-like eyes. Taecyeon's heart skipped a beat as soon as he looked into those eyes.

"Yoona. I just want to say that-"

"HYUNG!!!"

Both of them turned around and Taecyeon released his grip on hers. Wooyoung sprinted to their side in excitement. Ugh...

"Hyung! Taeyeon and the other Queens were looking for Yoona and we were looking for you. They want both of you to return back to the ballroom."

"Alright, alright. We'll catch up with you." he groaned.

"OKAY!" Wooyoung walked briskly, back inside the Palace.

Taecyeon face-palmed himself while Yoona giggled at him.

"Come on, Romeo. Let's go back now. The others are waiting for us." Yoona wore back her mask and made her way back inside the Palace.

Taecyeon stood there and groaned quietly. It was the perfect place,timing and the way they were dressed for god's sake! And Wooyoung just had to ruin his confession.  He stared back at Yoona who was waiting for him.

"Hey Romeo! Juliette is waiting~" she yelled.

"Coming, I'm coming." Taecyeon shrugged as strolled towards her.

 

-At the Ballroom, 9pm-

Taecyeon and Yoona went back inside the ballroom.

"Yoona! Where have you been?" Taeyeon asked.

"I just went outside to breathe some fresh air."

"Well, eat your dinner."

"Yes, unnie~"

Yoona glanced at Taecyeon who appeared to be grumpy. She went to his table and sat beside him.

"Romeo! What's wrong? Is something bothering you?"

Taecyeon stared at his food and twirled his fork around it. "Nothing..."

"Aww...come on~ Just tell Juliette!" she pouted.

He turned to face her, acting to be irritated but once he saw her pouting, he blushed instead.

"Aha! You're ears are turning red!" she stuck out her tongue at him.

"Yah, yah. Let me eat."

"Put on a smile at least? Or would you like me to do it for you?"

He looked up once again and flashed a grin that made his white teeth stand out. "Happy enough?"

She suppressed her giggle. "Yes, I am."

Yoona took her plate of food and sat beside Taecyeon to accompany him for dinner. Taecyeon couldn't help but let a slight smile escape from his face as he looked away.

 

After hours of playing some games, guests and the royal group toasted for a drink. The guests only had one or two glasses of wine while the Soldiers and Queens kept 4 bottles of wine for themselves. Yonghwa and Seohyun only drank a glass while the others chugged down for more. Taecyeon, Nichkhun and Jay were drinking consecutively while the others took their own time to finish theirs.

"Let's play a game then~" Jay suggested. "Gentlemen vs. Ladies."

"So what's the game?" Jessica asked.

"Simple. Let's see, who get's to drink 5 shots of wine first and the loser will have to do a forfeit."

Taecyeon and Nichkhun shook their heads. "It won't be fun in that way. Let's get at least a 'group' to do it."

Jay scratched his head and pondered. "Alright! Let's get 4 people from each gender to play then. And the losing group does the forfeit."

"Deal." The Queens agreed.

Jay looked around for his team mates. "So who would it be?"

The Queens discussed for a while.

"We'll help you Jay." Taecyeon pointed at himself Nichkhun and Junho.

"Awesome."

"Yoona, Yuri, Hyoyeon and I will be in one team then." Jessica snapped her fingers.

"Game on. Let's start?" Jay looked at Chansung who was preparing the drinks.

"Wait!...Okay! I'm done." Chansung stared at the drinks and counted them.

"Let's start ladies."

Jay sat across Jessica who was ready. "Ready...START!"

Jay quickly poured the liquor down his throat and emptied glass by glass. Jessica stayed calm as she drank the wine carefully but fast. After a few minutes, Jay and Jessica finished at the same time and Nichkhun and Yuri followed next. However, Nichkhun was fast enough to finish all and Junho followed next. Yuri finished a minute after Nichkhun and Hyoyeon took over. The dancing couple were at the same speed, just that Hyoyeon started to speed up since she was afraid Junho might finish soon. Yoona's turn next and Junho finished in time as well. Taecyeon and Yoona stared at each before they began.

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR TAEC?!" Jay shouted. 

Taecyeon was confused to see Yoona feeling calm and stuff, while he drained himself with the liquor. As he touches his second last glass, Yoona was drinking her last glass. And just like that, the ladies won.

"Well...I guess it's the gentlemen this time, to surrender?" Jessica high-fived with Yoona, Yuri and Hyoyeon.

Taecyeon and Nichkhun pinched their temples, Junho sighed and Jay stared into space. "What'll it be, your highness?" Jay asked with much sarcasm in his voice.

"Easy, all of you perform on stage and the guests must laugh with your performance, or at least they'll be entertained. No impressive stunts." Jessica clicked her tongue as the others snickered.

The 4 guys rubbed their necks in exasperation. Of all the forfeits, it just had to be those embarrassing ones... The guys discussed before they went on the stage. Junho and Taecyeon gasped.

"It's the only way guys." Nichkhun and Jay sighed.

"Let's just, get this over with." Junho headed towards the stage.

"This will be amusing." Yuri whispered to Yoona.

The guests paid attention to the 4 Soldiers on the stage wondering why were they there. All of a sudden, a bubbly tune played. Jay jumped and did a back-flip. Taecyeon, Nichkhun and Junho clenched their fists and placed them near their cheeks, making cute pouting actions.

"AWW." The Queens hilariously laughed to themselves. The guests clapped with the beat and giggled for a while.

The 4 guys acted like energetic children as they pretended to lollipops, run around in circles and did more cute poses. They ended with a "V" pose and the guests cheered in glee.

"WOOOHOOOO~!" Wooyoung and Chansung whistled.

The guys bowed and went back to their seats.

Jay fanned himself. "DAMN. That was just...cute."

"Being sarcastic there, huh Jay?" Taecyeon patted his shoulder.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! The saddest part of the day. To bid a farewell to Spades and Hearts's Day. Now let's intvite Taeyeon-ssi on stage to say a few words."

"Ah, yes thank you Yoohwan. Thank you everyone for coming~! And it is quite sad to know that time flies that fast~ But, I hope all of you have enjoyed yeah? Happy Spades and Hearts's Day once again! Goodnight and god bless~" Taeyeon bowed and headed back to her seat.

Yoohwan and the guests bid a farewell towards their royal highnesses once again.

The servants tidied up the ballroom while the Soldiers and Queens sat quietly on their seats. Yonghwa, Sungmin, Seohyun and Sunny stood up and headed to their own bedrooms. Chansung, Junsu, Sooyoung and Tiffany followed after. Taeyeon gazed at the 8 human beings who appeared to be drunk and knocked-out.

"What are we going to do with them?" Wooyoung asked with his eyebrows creased.

"The guys are still awake. Let them handle their own partners then." Taeyeon stretched her arms and walked towards the staircase.

"Umm...Good night, Taeyeon."

She turned back and weakly smiled. "Good night, Wooyoung."

Taeyeon climbed up the stairs and vanished. Wooyoung grinned for a moment as he re-called the waltz. He shook off his own thoughts and tapped the other 4 guys' shoulder.

"Hyung, wake up." he ruffled Taecyeon's hair.

Taecyeon could barely figure out who has been interrupting his beauty sleep. He blinked and rubbed his eyes. Turning to his right, he could witness Nichkhun, Jay and Junho dozing off.

"Yah, wake up. We need to carry these 4 ladies to their bedroom." he mumbled.

"W-what? Why?" Jay's vision was adjusting to the bright lighting from the chandelier.

"They're drunk and they'll probably knock into a wall if they would walk by themselves. Come on, let's hurry. I want to hit the hay."

Nichkhun stood up as he groaned. "Let's go then."

The 4 of them carried their own partners to their bedrooms as they climbed up the stairs carefully. They couldn't stop staring at the Queens since they look beautiful, even if they were asleep.

"It's as if like we're carrying sleeping goddesses/angels." Junho chuckled to himself.

Jay brought Jessica to her room and placed her on the bed. He gazed at her for a while. Wow. You're even more gorgeous when you're sleeping. He observed her face and almost lost control as his eyes passed down her neck. Jaebeom! Just leave for god's sake. Without looking back, he went to his own room.

Junho placed Hyoyeon on her bed and heard some giggling in the room. What was that? He noticed it was Hyoyeon, smiling like an idiot. How cute...wait, Junho. Why are you thinking like this?! Forget it... He closed the door as he left.

Taecyeon and Nichkhun went to Yoona and Yuri's room as they gently placed them on their beds. As they were, observing the two ladies, they felt themselves falling onto their beds surprisingly. Taecyeon turned around and found Yoona sleeping beside him, with her arms around his himself. Oh god... She pulled him down unexpectedly. The same goes to Nichkhun and Yuri.

"Yah, Nick! What the hell are we going to do?"

"How am I supposed to know? I can't move!"

"I guess...we have to spend the night here...beside them..."

Both of them sighed in discontent.

 

____________________________