History

Spades & Hearts

Yonghwa was confused to see two new servants standing in front of him.

"Good morning, Yonghwa. As you can see, we have our two new servants here in the Palace to serve us. Since, you're a soldier we wouldn't want you to be exhausted too much so we have these two gentlemen to take your place. They are Kyungsoo and Jisoo, they're twins." Seohyun pointed towards the twins. Yonghwa glanced at them, stunned to see two good-looking lads. Both of them looked genuinely identical. Both were tall, slimly built and properly groomed. The only difference was their hair color. Kyungsoo's hair color is ash blonde while Jisoo's is dark brown.

"Alright, off to your chores boys." Seohyun commanded.

"Yes, your highness." the twins bowed at the same time and skipped towards the kitchen. Seohyun looked at Yonghwa who was still engrossed in his own mind.

"Let's head to the dining room Yonghwa-ssi. You're one of the special people here." she snapped a finger in his face, making him startle. Yonghwa and Seohyun headed towards the dining room, only to figure out that everybody's ready. They proceeded with their usual morning routines and carried on with their normal trainings.

-Yoona's training area-

"What's the festival and the annual ball about?" Taecyeon's curiosity rose.

"The festival is one of the joyous occasion in the Solitaire. It is always celebrated on the 30th day of Autumn and the following night, the annual 'masquerade' ball is held."

"What do the Solitarians, usually do?"

"The festival, 'Spades & Hearts' day is actually like a combination of Independence and Valentine's day. The 30th day of Autumn was marked as an Independence day because of the previous wars of the earlier generation and it is also considered as a Valentine's day because of cupids that invaded the land and the people started to have affections and romantic proposals to the opposite gender. This year, it is special because the Soldiers came back again together with the Queens..." Yoona smiled as her cheeks flushed red.

"So you mean that the Soldiers and Queens from the earlier generation, fought during a war and at the same time, they had some kind of special connection and stuff?"

"Woah, how did you know?"

"I'm an imaginative person." Taecyeon pointed indirectly at his brain. "Are we going to experience like the wars before?"

"What do you mean?"

"Umm... well, there's an upcoming war and we have to like, work together as a team. Like the earlier generation?"

"Oh, I guess so~ We're just probably going to make another record in the history of the Solitaire." Yoona snickered.

"Anyway, I'm looking forward to the festival. But I'm kind of nervous at the same time."

"Don't be. Trust me, it will be a memorable occasion. Alright! Enough talk, let's start big guy." Yoona stepped on the training mat, waiting for Taecyeon to move.

 

-Taeyeon's training room-

"Feeling better?" Taeyeon sat beside Wooyoung on the sofa.

"Yeah...it's recovering fast. Thanks to you." he flashed a smile at her. Taeyeon's heart skipped a beat for a second, once she caught that smile of his. "Oh right, what are we going to do during the festival?"

"I can't reveal any information much, because it won't be fun for you guys if you have any chance to find out."

"Aww, come on. Just tell me, please?" he pouted.

Taeyeon stuck out her tongue. "Sorry, you'll have to know on the day itself."

Wooyoung sighed. "Okay, I'll just have to wait then~"

 

Days have passed and it's the day before the festival. The Queens were engrossed rummaging through their wardrobes and drawers for their own dresses to wear. Their make-up kits scattered on their dressing tables, all sorts of high heels, flats on the floor and dresses dumped on their beds. Yoona, Yuri and Tiffany were searching for their most elegant dresses, Jessica and Hyoyeon were trying out some dresses, Sunny and Sooyoung were looking for their high-heels, Seohyun was combing her hair and Taeyeon was sitting quietly in one corner, observing the girls. She was amused how the girls were worrying of what to wear and how would they look like in their dresses, also with their make-ups on. She haven't seen them this anticipative since the years before were quite a bore because the Soldiers weren't present during those times. But now, all of them were picking out their best dresses and gowns.

On the other hand, the Soldiers were browsing through some tuxedos in their own dressing room with the help of their female assistants.

"I can't believe this. The Palace is like their own shopping mall AND their house." Wooyoung whispered to Taecyeon and Nichkhun. Taecyeon examined the enormous room and saw different racks on tuxedos lined up, shoes placed neatly on the floor and they had their own cubicles where they have change their clothes. Indeed, the room was very outstanding and imperial. 

"Come on guys, let's start choosing our tux for the ball." Yonghwa walked towards the wardrobes and closets followed by the others. Taecyeon, Nichkhun and Junsu were trying out some tuxedos, Junho was browsing through different designs of the tux, Sungmin and Chansung were fitting in their shoes, Yonghwa adjusted his black vest over the blouse and Wooyoung was playing with his tie around his neck sitting by the dressing table.

-The Queens' dressing room-

"I think this will fit me best." Yoona stared at the white dress she picked up.

"How many dresses are you going to compliment yourself with?" Yuri laughed at the side.

"Yuri's right. That's like the hundredth time you've said that. Make up your mind Yoong!" Tiffany commented.

Yoona turned around and glared at them. "Well, this is my final choice. Since, I forgot about the past dresses. I like this since it's simple and elegant~"

"Trying to impress someone Yoong?" Yuri cooed with Tiffany.

Yoona blushed. "W-what? I ain't impressing someone!"

"Oh really now Yoona?" Silence filled the room once Taeyeon's voice echoed across them. They turned to look at their eldest.

"This is my first time seeing all of you, more lively and anticipative of the ball. A certain affection from the guys eh?" Taeyeon waggled her eyebrows and smiled.

"Well...aren't you looking forward to the ball?" Tiffany asked.

"I am. It's just that, it's fascinating to see all of you filled with mirth. Okay, let's rest now. Special day tomorrow." Taeyeon winked at them. The Queens went back to their bedrooms, eyes shining with delight. They could hardly wait until the evening.

The Soldiers were also done with trying and choosing their own tux and went off to bed.

 

-At the Deck in the late evening-

Solitarians were busy chattering, laughing and smiling in the spacious arena at the Deck. Everyone sat at different seating arrangements and there were about an estimation of 3000 people in the area. There was a huge stage right in the middle and spotlights adjusted from the top of the dome. The atmosphere was filled with joyous shouts and warm salutations.

The Queens and the Soldiers rode in their own limousine as they approached the Deck. The Soldiers got down first and the ladies followed behind them. The gentlemen wore simple and formal blouses with their vests on, but they wore different colors of neckties. The ladies wore simple gowns as well, with different styles, colors and they wore their own crowns as well. The royal team marched their way inside. Once the public emcee caught the sight of the royal highnesses, he garnered everyone's attention using the microphone.

"My dear Solitarians! Our precious Queens have arrived~!" the emcee announced with glee. All of them turned to the direction where the Queens and the Soldiers were standing at and bewildered to see the group of beautiful people for the first time in a decade. The arena was in complete silence as the Soldiers and Queens made their way to the stage. All of them stood in one line and bowed with gratitude. Taeyeon took the microphone from the emcee.

"Yes, thank you Yoohwan-ssi. Solitarians, Happy Spades & Hearts Day once again! This year, it is a special occasion compared before since we have our new batch of Soldiers who has the will to fight for the whole of Solitaire against the Kings. Now, let's all give them a warm welcome~!" The crowd stood up and clapped for the Soldiers who were on the stage. Cheers and a round of applause roared across the whole arena and the Soldiers rejoiced in their warm welcome. The Queens and Soldiers went to their own seats which was near the stage. MC Yoohwan took over as he grinned.

"What a special surprise given for us on Spades and Hearts Day! Now, since our special and important guests and highnesses have arrived, let's begin the celebration~!" Once again, the crowd cheered in delight.

Taecyeon gazed at the cheerful crowd. "Wah, the number is just really..."

"I know! It's like we're in a concert right?" Wooyoung exclaimed.

"Quiet guys! The performance is starting." Nichkhun placed a finger on his lips indicating them to hush.

 

_______________________________