Training

Spades & Hearts

-Taeyeon's training room-

Taeyeon was teaching Wooyoung of how to aim or attack an enemy.

"All you have to do is, you have to keep an eye on your opponent's moves and the way he/she attacks. Also, never turn your back, when your opponent is down. The person might attempt a surprise attack."

Wooyoung held his sword and focused his eyes on Taeyeon. "Ready, Wooyoung?"

"Ready." Taeyeon went closer to Wooyoung, both focusing on each other. Wooyoung aimed at her arm but she avoided and kicked his right calf in a swift move. Wooyoung slightly winced as held his shield and sword firmly. With another try, he raised his sword abruptly while Taeyeon raised hers, having the blades clashing together. Both of them, continuously attacked each other until Taeyeon accidentally cut Wooyoung's right forearm. Wooyoung dropped his weapons and clutched his forearm in agony. Taeyeon immediately stopped and asked Wooyoung to sit down on the sofa located near the table by the wall. Taeyeon took out the first aid kit from the drawer and sat beside Wooyoung.

"I'm really sorry, Wooyoung. I didn't know I aimed until your forearm..." she took out wet tissues and wiped away the blood oozing out from his arm. She carefully wrapped a white bandage around his forearm. Wooyoung gazed at Taeyeon as he didn't bother about the pain anymore, he was observing her delicate features on her face. Taeyeon packed the things in the kit and returned it into the drawer. Wooyoung's eyes were still focused on Taeyeon until she approached him. Wooyoung awkwardly stared at his bandaged arm, avoiding having an eye-contact with Taeyeon.

"Are you okay?" Taeyeon anxiously looked at his arm.

"Umm..yeah, of course. Don't mind this thing. It's just a scratch." he smiled.

"Are you sure? I'm sorry for being careless..."

Wooyoung felt hurt once he caught her frowning. "No, you aren't. It's just an accident and this injury is way too far from the heart."

Taeyeon sighed. "Well, I guess we'll have to let that injury of yours to heal. Before we begin again."

He shook his head. "I'm fine, really! I'm as fit as a fiddle."

"Yeah, right." Taeyeon smiled while Wooyoung joked around.

"Umm...do I have a certain ability?" he asked out of the blue.

"I guess so, I mean you should have one. Don't worry, your ability is still developing. We will know as soon as time passes."

Wooyoung and Taeyeon started to chat for a while, talking about the their personal lives and stories.

 

-Hyoyeon's training room-

Junho practiced his flexibility while Hyoyeon observed him while sitting on the sofa. After a while, Junho headed towards the punching bag and started to do some kicking and throwing some punches. He jumped, spun around, kicked the punching bag swiftly and landed smoothly. Hyoyeon was surprised to see him performing some artistic and quick moves. She thought that he was certainly a gifted soldier with trained abilities. After a moment or so, she stood up and stretched her arms.

"Are you ready, Cyclops?" she yelled. Junho turned around and walked towards her on the training mat.

"Always am." he smirked. Without hesitation, Hyoyeon jumped and aimed a back flip towards him. Junho swerved towards the side, avoiding her move and Hyoyeon confusingly landed, without hitting him. She turned around and noticed him smirking. Both of them went nearer to each other as Junho attempted a kick on her right knee. However, Hyoyeon was fast enough that she grabbed his leg and performed a knee kick, hitting his abdomen. Junho crumpled down on the ground with his hands compressing his belly.

"Not fast enough, Cyclops. Try harder." Hyoyeon smirked and went back to the sofa to have a break. Junho sighed and knocked himself on the forehead. Concentrate, Junho...concentrate.

 

-Yuri's training room-

Nichkhun and Yuri were battling against their wills as if they were fighting for their lives. Yuri continuously charged with her daggers, while Nichkhun dodged every single one of them. Without hesitation, he caught hold of her wrists and snatched away the daggers from her hands and pinned her against the wall. He threatened her by placing a dagger near her neck when Yuri surprisingly smiled. He backed away from her as both of them caught their breath.

"Good job, Hunter." she winked at him as he blushed.

"I didn't mean to threaten you in a bad way, just now."

"It's alright. I have experienced a lot of these, and I just wanted to know how much you have trained before."

"Oh, well I hope you're alright."

"I'm fine. Umm...5 minutes?"

Nichkhun nodded when he drank from his water bottle. "Sure."

 

-Sooyoung's training room-

"Do I really have to fight with this...dummy?" Chansung stared at the non-living thing. Sooyoung grinned as she crossed her arms.

"That dummy is trained. Once you have "defeated" it, I'll train with you."

"Yes ma'am." Chansung shrugged and turned to face the dummy. He examined the thing before he even laid a finger on it. Sighing, he attempted to throw a punch. Unfortunately, the dummy pushed him with an immense force that led him against the wall. Sooyoung tried not to laugh at him as he got dizzy.

"Can't we just train?!" Chansung got a little impatient, while Sooyoung shook her head.

"Patience my dear one~"

He whined silently to himself. Man, this is just ridiculous! But I admit that dummy, is really...something.

 

-Sunny's training room-

Sungmin was practicing his abilities rather than dealing with weapons. Sunny observed him controlling objects as she sat down on her chair by her desk. Sungmin was manipulating the sword with his hands as he abruptly, shoots it towards a dummy.

"Nice shot." Sunny complimented.

He turned back and smiled. "That's just an easy attempt. I'm just trying out actually..."

"Up to you. Let me know if you're willing to train with me."

"Will do."

 

-At Yoona's training area-

"Can I try those?" Taecyeon pointed at the dumbbells near the bench press.

"It's really heavy though...but go ahead." Both of them walked towards the bench and Taecyeon lied down on it. He tightened his grip on the bar and took a deep breath. He tried to lift the barbell as his expression on his face was distorted. Yoona giggled as he found him rather humorous. Taecyeon didn't attempt to lift anymore as his energy seemed to go down the drain.

"I told you so." she grinned. Taecyeon pinched his temples and massaged his biceps.

"Well...that thing is TOO heavy! Gosh, I thought my arms were going to break."

"Okay, okay. Let me demonstrate." She lied down on the bench and gripped on the bar. In one try, she managed to lift the barbell with her arms straight. Her face didn't even distort or anything and she looked more relaxed as if she was lifting a bag of feathers. Taecyeon stared at her in awe.

"You monster..." his jaw was about to drop until she placed the barbell back onto the handles.

"What do you expect? I'm a herculean."

"I know but, you're not that muscular than I thought."

"Well it's my ability. It doesn't need to be proven just by the appearance. You wouldn't want your trainer to be THAT ripped, do you?"

"No...that would be...awkward."

"Anyway, I'll let you practice on your own first before we get into any duel."

"Alright, your highness."

"Yoona. I prefer you to call me by my name."

"Yes...Yoona-ssi." Taecyeon took out his sword from his scabbard and Yoona took her spade.

 

-Tiffany's training area-

"Okay, Junsu. Since you have done an excellent job, let's take a break." Tiffany praised him as he placed his axe on the grass.

"Yes, Tiffany-ssi!" Junsu gleefully grabbed a bottle of water from Tiffany's desk and gulped down a large amount, probably dehydrated.

I guess Junsu easily succeeds since he trained a lot before. I'm wondering when his ability will stimulate. Tiffany leaned against her chair staring at Junsu.

 

-Seohyun's training area-

Yonghwa sighed. He didn't even had one arrow on the target. Seohyun patted his shoulder as he stared on the ground.

"We have a long way to go Yonghwa-ssi. Cheer up! You'll hit the bull's eye one day."

Yonghwa bitterly smiled. "I hope so..."

Seohyun gazed above the the sky and she witnessed the sun setting. "It's getting late Yonghwa-ssi. I think that's it for today."

She transformed her platform into an orchard once again, as they made their way inside the Palace.

Everyone returned back to the Palace and headed towards the dining room as the sun sets. Yonghwa dashed to the kitchen to prepare their dinner. The Soldiers and the Queens dragged their exhausted bodies towards their seats as they waited for Yonghwa's presence. After a few minutes, Yonghwa entered the room and pushed the trolley towards the table, which carried their dishes. He personally gave out the plates one by one, and went towards his seat. Taeyeon gave her signal and all of them devoured in their meals.

As there were nothing left on their plates, Taeyeon cleared and captured everyone's attention.

"Right. I would like to remind all of you that, there's an upcoming festival, followed by the annual grand 'masquerade' ball specially held here at the Palace. Special guests are invited all over the Solitaire but don't worry, the number of people isn't that overcrowding. Soldiers! Do prepare yourselves by having your own tuxedos as the events will probably occur next week. The same goes for us, my fellow Queens." The moment Taeyeon have finished, her sisters were exchanging glances to each other, eventually smiling at the same time. The Soldiers quietly looked at one another, feeling anxious. Oh no...the boys sighed in discontent. It was already near the end of the current week by then and the Soldiers didn't know what to do as none of them experienced a grand ball before. They weren't even close with anyone yet since it's just been their second day and now they have to prepare for a ball. How lucky of us...