Greetings

Spades & Hearts

What were they talking about? Taecyeon tiptoed quietly towards the staircase until... "Taecyeon-ssi?" he acted calm, turned around and faced Seohyun.

"Yes, your highness?"

"Why are you heading off to bed at this hour?"

"I helped Yonghwa with the dishes, remember?"

"Ah, alright then. You may go now, and remember to sleep earlier this time. All of you will be partnered up with your trainer tomorrow, after breakfast."

"Yes, Seohyun-ssi. Good night."

"Good night~"

Taecyeon and Seohyun bowed to each other and he made his way towards his room. When he closed the door behind him, he took off his dark-blue vest and sat on the edge of his bed. Partners? I guess it will be a long day, tomorrow.

 

-At the Dining room-

"Good morning, everyone~" Taeyeon walked briskly towards her seat, smiling at the view she was observing. Everyone was ready and present. Breakfast was already served, now they were waiting for Taeyeon's command.

"Well, let's eat." All of them hurriedly picked up their chopsticks and started to gobble down their food.

"AHH CHOOOOO!!" Wooyoung covered his mouth while the others looked up. The ladies roared in laughter, while the soldiers tried to hold back their giggling.

"Bless you~" Everyone said in harmony. Wooyoung covered his face, knowing how red it was. A moment later, there were nothing left on their plates and drank their coffee and water. Taeyeon wiped with the serviette and stood up.

"Alright, if all of you are done, please gather in the living room once Yonghwa is done with the dishes." The Queens left the dining room, one by one while the Soldiers stayed.

"What are we supposed to do now?" Nichkhun turned to face the others.

"We're supposed to go to the living room once we're done eating. Now if you may excuse me, I have some dishes to handle." Yonghwa placed all the dishes in the trolley heading towards the kitchen. The other soldiers strode towards the living room, and sat on the white sofas. Wooyoung and Junho were dozing off, Sungmin and Chansung observing the living room, Junsu humming a tune, Nichkhun and Taecyeon having a conversation.

"So, what do you think they'll do?" Nichkhun asked.

Taecyeon shrugged. "I don't know. I think we'll be partnered up with a Queen."

"I'm not even close to any of them yet. But I'm comfortable training with Yuri or Yoona, since I have interacted with them before."

"Yeah...right, but in your opinion, who would you want train with?"

"Hmm, Yuri is really kind actually and she's a professional in attack, but Yoona is rather dependable and she's good at both in defense and attack. Either one of them..."

Taecyeon felt weirdly startled as Nichkhun was unsure of his decision. Yonghwa arrived and so are the Queens, climbing down the stairs. The soldiers formed in one straight line as they stood still while waiting for Taeyeon's instructions. The ladies were dressed in their gowns and dresses and each of them wore their own tiaras.

"Before we begin, I would like all of you to introduce yourselves individually. Let's start with Taecyeon followed by Wooyoung, Nichkhun, Junho, Chansung and Sungmin. Yonghwa and Junsu are excused since, we ladies know them. Taecyeon, please." Taeyeon gestured him to step forward. Taecyeon obeyed and bowed.

"Good morning, your highnesses. My name is Ok Taecyeon, a freshman. I am honored to be in the team, and I would sincerely be glad to train with any of you." He ended his short speech with a bow, and Wooyoung followed next.

"Good morning. I'm Jang Wooyoung, a professional craftsman. I will co-operate and be disciplined once trainings commence."

"Greetings, my royal highnesses. My name is Nichkhun Horvejkul, a Hunter from the North Club. I'm looking forward to train with any of you, majesties and I would always be aware and obedient during trainings."

"Salutations. I'm Hwang Chansung, a Hunter and an Invisible talent. Pleasure to meet you."

"Good morning, everyone. I'm Lee Junho, a Hunter and a Cyclops from the North Club. I appreciate to train with any of you and I would train to my best potential." The ladies nodded, as they found his ability rare enough. Lastly, all of them focused on Sungmin.

"Greetings to the Queens of the Solitaire. I'm Lee Sungmin, a messenger from the Eastern district. Pleasure to meet all of you." he bowed and stood back to his place. Taeyeon glanced at her sisters before she proceeded.

"Pleasure to meet you, Soldiers. Now, I would like to introduce ourselves who will be your trainers or coaches. I'm Kim Taeyeon, she's Jessica Jung, Sunny Lee, Tiffany Hwang, Kim Hyoyeon, Kwon Yuri, Choi Sooyoung, Im Yoona and Seo Juhyun." Taeyeon then, held out a clipboard with a piece of paper attached onto it. "Okay, I shall call out your names and your partner's name. Also, please stand beside her once called. First is, Chansung and Sooyoung, followed by Wooyoung and I, Sungmin and Sunny, Junsu and Tiffany, Junho and Hyoyeon, Nichkhun and Yuri, Yonghwa and Seohyun and the last but not least...Taecyeon and Yoona." she shifted her eyes from the clipboard to the people in front of her. No one stood beside their partner nor moved. She rose her eyebrow.

"Why isn't there any movement? Come on guys, stand beside your partner. Let's get rid of this...awkward atmosphere."

The Soldiers slowly made their way towards their partners and stood awkwardly beside them. Taeyeon noticed Jessica spacing out.

"Oh right, Jessica. I haven't assigned you with any of them since your partner is still missing. In the mean time, you can just observe us." Taeyeon patted her on the back while Jessica nodded. "Okay, I think we're done with the introductions. So, all of you can proceed towards your training areas." Taeyeon confirmed with her sisters as she gave her signal. The pairs dispersed to their respectful areas while Jessica strode back to her office.

-Taeyeon's training room-

Wooyoung gazed at his surroundings, the weapons placed neatly on the shelves by the wall, the training mat, there are even dummies lined up. The room was as large as the dining room, only that the ceiling was higher. Something around the corner caught his eye. He walked towards it, and spotted an outfit. The suit was protected by a glass container and on the right chest has Taeyeon's name imprinted on it. Taeyeon took off her robe and switched on the lights. She looked at Wooyoung who was staring at her suit and smiled. Wooyoung was about to touch the glass until he heard foot steps approaching.

"Don't mind this. It's our own personal suit, we used it in the war before."

"Color orange? Do all of you use these suits only for special cases?"

"Yeah, the color is based on a 'rainbow' manner. Err, not necessarily. We use them whenever we feel to. But for now, let's just focus on training, alright?"

Wooyoung nodded with a grin. "Yes, ma'am."

 

-Hyoyeon's training room-

"Basically, I train here. It's where I'm born." Hyoyeon glanced at Junho who was admiring the things around him.

"The room's amazing. I can't believe this Palace looks small outside but in the inside, it's like an illusion."

"Yeah. Shall we start?" Hyoyeon asked him. Junho nodded. "Sure."

 

-Yuri's training room-

Yuri placed her robe on the coat rack and Nichkhun glanced around the room. There was a punching bag, hung from the ceiling in one corner and daggers hung by the wall. Nichkhun stood in the middle of the training mat staring at the ceiling.

"Heads up!" Yuri threw one dagger towards his direction.

Nichkhun gasped and squatted on the ground, avoiding the dagger on time. "What was that for?"

Yuri smirked. "You said that you'll be aware." Nichkhun smiled bashfully when Yuri winked at him.

 

-At the backyard, in the garden-

"Don't you have a training room?" Taecyeon confusingly stood on the circular wooden plank located in the middle of the pond.

"I do, but I usually like to train outdoors. You can breathe the fresh air~" Yoona closed her eyes, inhaling the oxygen that filled her lungs. "Tiffany and Seohyun also train outdoors, we like the nature."

"But, how do you fight? There's nothing on this wooden plank."

Suddenly, Yoona squatted down on the ground. Taecyeon observed her, pressing a red button. In a blink of an eye, Taecyeon heard some whizzing noises. The wooden plank, transformed into a training place and covered the area of the whole pond. The training mat arising from the ground, dummies stood still in a straight line, a punching bag and even dumbbells placed near a bench press. Taecyeon formed a small 'o' with his mouth as he examined the things around him. Yoona proudly smiled when she saw Taecyeon's reaction.

"I guess, this answers your questions. Welcome to my training area."

Taecyeon turned to face her, with his mouth agape. "You...workout?"

"I'm a herculean. Remember?"

He creased his eyebrows. "You...don't look that buffed. I mean...err.." he suddenly felt his ears turning red. Yoona smirked and picked up her spade.

"What did you expect Mr Ok?"

Taecyeon stuck out his tongue. "Nothing...let's get started."

 

Yonghwa and Seohyun walked towards the orchard, and Seohyun went to unveil her training area, like Yoona's. Yonghwa examined the bows and arrows arranged neatly on a shelf. He also noticed an archery target placed from afar.

"You're an archer, Seohyun-ssi?"

"Yes, I am. I'll prove it to you." Seohyun picked up an arrow and a bow. She stood on the marked spot on the ground, preparing to aim. She held up her bow, closed her right eye and released the arrow. Yonghwa was amazed since the arrow was directly shot at the bull's eye. He clapped gleefully while Seohyun bowed and smiled.

"That's a nice shot."

"It takes a lot of practice. Would you like to try?"

"Okay." Yonghwa grabbed a bow and an arrow and stood where Seohyun's at. He imitated what she did just now, but unfortunately the arrow shooted on the bark of a tree. Seohyun covered as she chuckled and Yonghwa held his neck in embarrassment.

"Don't worry Yonghwa. I'll teach you." she winked at him and both of them awkwardly smiled at each other. 

 

-The King's Mansion-

"I believe that Sungmin, is doing well?" Leeteuk asked Ryeowook.

"Yes, Leeteuk hyung. They are training now with the soldiers."

Leeteuk spinned the pen with his fingers, looking confused. "The Soldiers eh? I guess that's what they were hiding from us."

Siwon scoffed and clasped his hands. "What's there to hide now? When, we have Sungmin by our side?"

"Don't be too sure Siwon. You never know what might happen."

Donghae drank his red wine in one shot, his lips at the same time. "There's a festival coming up. Are we invited?"

Siwon and Ryeowook shot a glance at him. Leeteuk smiled and snapped his fingers. "There's no invitation for us. How sad would that be. But, we can always drop by. Can't we?"

"We're not that sure Leeteuk hyung. It's too...risky." Ryeowook replied.

"Oh, really? Besides, we might blow up Sungmin's cover. Hmm, I guess we can go another time. We might disrupt their joyous occasion. It's a bit rude, isn't it?" The Kings smirked as they agreed with their eldest.

 

 

__________________________

 

*P.S The suits that I was referring to were the ones in Mr Taxi LOL~ xD