Combat Room

Spades & Hearts

Taecyeon couldn't sleep since he couldn't really move because of Yoona's arms around him. He carefully moved to his right to face her. And just like that, his heart skipped a beat. You're beautiful even when you're asleep. He stared at her gentle sleeping eyes, her long dark brown hair and her pink rosy lips. She looked like a beautiful angel sleeping! For once, he felt more allured to her. Yoona turned to her right as her back faced him. I guess, sleeping beside a goddess isn't bad after all. He smiled as he tried to place an arm over her. He went closer and it's as if he was hugging her to sleep. This will be a good night~ Without noticing who was hugging her, Yoona smiled as she felt warmth and protection while she was asleep.

Khun, khun, khun. Just sleep right now. He couldn't help but to admire at Yuri as well. Her delicate features on her face was just making Nichkhun crazy. Since he was quite drunk, he couldn't control himself from planting a kiss on her forehead. After that, he giggled quietly and slept with a smile plastered on his face.

 

-6am-

Yoona felt ticklish when she tried to move. She rubbed her eyes and knocked her forhead. Suddenly, her eyes widened as soon as she noticed a human being asleep, beside her. She removed the blanket over the person's face and gasped. Taecyeon...me...on my BED. Wait...WHAT?! Yoona pondered.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Taecyeon jerked up from the bed and woke up in a sudden. "AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Yuri and Nichkhun woke up as well as they looked at each other and screamed from the top of their lungs.

"OKAY! Yoona stop!"

Taecyeon covered with his hand as well as Nichkhun with Yuri. The ladies calmed down once the guys stopped them. Yoona removed Taecyeon's hand slowly as she trembled. Yuri bit her tongue as she shot a glance at Yoona. Both of the ladies checked under their blankets, whether they still had their clothes on. They sighed in relief.

"We're not going to you." Nichkhun scoffed.

"Relax, we didn't...do anything last night." Taecyeon stuttered.

Yoona gathered her senses as she cleared .

"We were drunk last night, right? But luckily, nothing happened between us. My apologies for screaming. I was just agitated."

Yuri nodded. "We're sorry if we disturbed both of your beauty sleep."

Taecyeon and Nichkhun smiled as they shook their heads. "We were fine...both of you slept beautifully last night."

The ladies felt themselves blushing already and stood up in a jiffy.

"We're going to wash up now. So if you may excuse us...?" Yoona grabbed her bathing towel.

Taecyeon and Nichkhun bowed towards them before they left. "Ah...yes. We'll leave now."

Yuri stretched her arms. "That was just strange..."

 

"Man, that was embarrassing Taec."

"Tell me about it...But I have to admit, sleeping with them wasn't that bad."

"I know what you're thinking."

Both of them high-fived with each other and washed up instantly.

 

-At the Living room, 9am-

Taeyeon closed the book she was reading as she looked up, to see everyone ready.

"Well, let's head off to our training areas. Trainers! Remember to bring them to the Combat room at 5pm sharp."

The Queens nodded as they dispersed to their respective training areas.

 

-Taeyeon's training room-

Taeyeon placed her book on the desk as she faced Wooyoung.

"Let's start?"

"Can I...craft a weapon first? I really have that certain urge to make one."

"Umm...sure go ahead."

Taeyeon gazed at Wooyoung who scurried off towards the door and closed it behind him.  An attempt, I see.

 

-Jessica's training room-

Jay searched the 'cold' surrounding. He thought as if he would freeze any minute. Jessica noticed him shivering.

"I'm sorry. I'll change the temperature."

She pressed the buttons as the air cooled down. Jay rubbed his palms as some type of friction buzzed.

"Woah." Jay stared at his red palms. It's as if he had just slapped someone.

"You okay?" Jessica interrupted his thoughts.

"Yeah...I'm fine."

"Let's start off then."

Jessica led him onto the centre of the mat.

 

-Tiffany's training area-

"Nice shot, Junsu."

Tiffany glanced at the angle of the axe on the target. Junsu smiled as he felt a hint of satisfaction. As he rubbed the dirt off his hands, he felt a slight breeze of friction. What the hell was that? He stared at his palms, almost terrified as there weren't any sign of blood circulating in his hands.

Tiffany rose an eyebrow as she observed him.

"Any problem?"

Junsu looked up and shook his head. "Nothing...just a strange feeling."

 

-Seohyun's training area-

"Wah! You're getting better, Yonghwa-ssi!"

Seohyun examined from afar as Yonghwa consecutively aimed the arrows directly at the bull's eye. He couldn't believe it himself.

"Did I eat something or what?" he stared at Seohyun, while grinning.

"I think...your ability is developing. Don't worry, we'll find out the results later on."

Yonghwa just nodded as he looked at the target once again.

 

-Yoona's training area-

"Aww man. How MANY more?" Taecyeon groaned as he carried the weights.

"5 more. It isn't that bad."

"That's because, you're not carrying one."

Yoona chuckled while Taecyeon struggled with the weights.

"Last...ONE!" he dropped the barbell on the handle as he caught his breath.

"Good. Taecyeon, are you ready for the duel later?"

He turned to face her, with his eyes widened. "W-what duel...?"

She sighed. "You're going to battle with the other Soldiers, in order for us to specify your abilities."

"But...I don't even know mine yet! Am I going to get my ribs into pieces or what?"

"Calm down. Nobody will get hurt. Just...try your best later."

"Alright then."

Taecyeon lied on the bench as he shut his eyes closed. God, please help me later. Damn, I didn't even get a chance to feel anything in my own mind or body.

 

-At the Combat room, 5pm-

Before the Soldiers went inside the Combat room, they were groomed in sleek and comfortable black sporty suits specially made for duels.They stared at their surroundings in awe. The Combat room was definitely made for battle/duel sessions. The room was purely white as if the humans themselves were glowing. There was a huge neon blue platform in the middle of the room and seats found on the second compartment on top of the room for observing. The Queens and the Soldiers gathered in front on the platform. Taeyeon climbed up the stairs which led onto it.

"Welcome, to the Combat room. Specially made for duels,battles or whichever types of any fighting. This platform right here is made of a special type of floor. It comprises the energy of stimulation in order for your abilities to exert willingly. The platform's perimeter is enclosed within an invisible barricade, so that any of you won't fall off or be flown away. Oh yes, when both of you step onto this platform, you're instructed to save a Solitarian (which is a mannequin) who appeares to be as a 'damsel in distress'. So that depends on the winner of who gets to save the Solitarian first. Calm down guys, there are no forfeits or anything. But there is one rule before anything starts. Do not kill your opponent. Actions will be taken if anything happens. Questions?"

All of them shook their heads.

"Well, if there aren't any questions, let's get started!"

The Queens headed to the spectator's pit on top. Taeyeon held out a clipboard.

"The first battle. Chansung and Junho. Please make your way on the platform." she announced.

Junho bit his tongue as he turned to Chansung. Both of them sighed as they stepped on the platform. They stretched as they warmed up their bodies. They looked at Taeyeon to remind that they were ready.

"You're given 5 minutes to save the Solitarian. Good luck boys. Your 5 minutes starts...NOW!"

 

______________________________