Convinced

Spades & Hearts

The group ran back to the forest. They waited for the young man who has rescued them earlier.

"Where is he?" Junho looked around. Alas, they caught a sight of the young man running towards their direction. He stood a metre apart from them, observing those good-looking faces.

"Thank you, for saving us. You are...?" Yoona examined the lad's face.

"Yes, you're welcome. I'm Lee Sungmin, a messenger from the Eastern District." Sungmin adjusted his black, leathered gloves as he bowed slightly.

Wooyoung dashed to his side, bouncing about in happiness. "THANK YOU FOR RESCUING US!" he eagerly shook his hand up and down. Sungmin awkwardly smiled as he glanced at the others. Taecyeon and Junho shook their heads and Nichkhun chuckled along with the Queens.

"Alright! Enough handshakes for now." Yuri shot a glare at Wooyoung. He sighed in disappointment and stood beside Taecyeon.

"Sungmin, Do you know where we are?" Yoona scanned through her surroundings as the sky grew darker.

"We are in the Forbidden Forest. I assume that it's going to rain soon. Shall we head somewhere to rest?"

"Do you know where?"

"Umm...sorry but, I don't know this place very well."

The group have gotten quiet for a while, since they didn't know were to go. Nichkhun spotted a light blinking from the north. "Hey guys, I spotted a light. Let's head towards that direction." he pointed to the north indicating the blinking white light. The group started to follow the light with quick footsteps. To their surprise, they ran into some kind of 'campsite'. There was a huge tent in the middle of the exposed area and a campfire, at the front. Since it was already drizzling, they ran into the tent. The atmosphere inside the tent was rather peaceful and calm. The group noticed an old man sitting on a rocking chair reading a book. He wore a pair of round glasses, a grey blouse and brown altered pants. The old man looked up, stunned to see seven ridiculously good-looking people. He stood up from his rocking chair, grabbed his walking stick and shuffled towards them. He observed each and one of them as silence filled the room.

"My dear Queens! And...the Soldiers! What brings you to my tent in the Forbidden forest?" the old man focused his eyes on Sungmin.

"You...you look rather unfamiliar." Sungmin felt his fear inside mounting up. "W-what?"

"Oh nothing. Anyway, forgive me for not introducing myself. My name is Kang Jihoon. A telepath."

Yoona and Yuri bowed towards Jihoon showing their respect. "Oh, you're a telepath Jihoon-ssi? A rare ability we shall say."

"Yes, but...my ability isn't that strong anymore as I grew older. Also, I didn't like to think too much by then. Anyway, what brings all of you here?"

The others exchanged glances as Yuri spoke up. "There's a downpour. We're sorry if we have just barged in like that. Also, we couldn't find a way out of the forbidden forest, even though we have a Hunter."

Nichkhun shook his head in disagreement. "It's not like that. This forest couldn't let me figure out the directions."

Jihoon clicked his tongue. "Ah yes, of course. The forbidden forest isn't like the other forests in the Solitaire. It has some kind of its own magic, which is remained unknown. Okay, I guess you kids are exhausted. All of you can head to the guests' rooms, specially made in my tent. Let's chat later shall we?" Jihoon shuffled back to his rocking chair, grabbing the book he has been reading. The seven of them awkwardly headed to the back of the room where the guests' rooms were. Unfortunately, there were only two guests' rooms and there were only one queen-sized bed in both of the rooms. All of them dazed off.

"FIRST COMES, FIRST SERVES!" Wooyoung dashed inside the right guest room followed by Junho and Sungmin. Taecyeon and Nichkhun forced themselves to rush inside the room but, the door has gotten locked. Both of them shrugged as the Queens awkwardly looked at each other. The four of them stood there, exchanging glances.

Yoona held her neck and sighed. "Umm...I guess you two can share the room with us..."

Taecyeon looked up, surprised. "Are you okay with it? Aren't we disturbing your privacy? Umm, we'll just force the other three to let us stay inside their room."

Yoona smiled and shook her head. "It's okay. Save your energy. Come in."

Taecyeon looked at Nichkhun who was anxiously unsure. "Let's go Nick." Both of them slowly stepped inside the room.

Yoona and Yuri took off their robes as they sat on the edge of the bed, stretching their arms and necks. Taecyeon and Nichkhun observed the two ladies as they cleared their throats, shaking off their own imagination about the ladies. Both of them sat quietly, on the white sofa located near the side. Taecyeon took off his vest, while Nichkhun removed his fedora hat and brown leather jacket. Yoona and Yuri dazed over the boys as they snapped themselves from their thoughts.

"Are you guys, alright there on the sofa? Would you like to share the bed with us?" Yoona asked them, breaking the awkward silence in the room. Taecyeon and Nichkhun's eyes widened as they thought that the Queens were crazy. "Sh-share? Are you majesties alright?" the boys stuttered.

"Why not? Is there something wrong? The bed is big enough for 4 people anyway." Yuri ruffled her long black hair. Nichkhun felt himself being bewitched over Yuri's actions. She sure was arousing seduction that can attract any guy.

"No, no, no. We guys should stay here on the sofa. We would like both of you Queens to rest comfortably. Please we're fine." Taecyeon obliged.

"If both of you say so~" Yoona and Yuri dropped themselves on the bed, instantly falling asleep. Taecyeon and Nichkhun heaved a sigh of relief and unknowingly fell asleep on the sofa itself, in a seated position. The Solitarians, drifted in a deep slumber after much unfortunate events.

4 in the morning, Taecyeon stretched his arms and legs, flexing his joints. He rubbed his neck as it ached. After scanning around the room, Nichkhun crossed his arms as he tilted his head on the arms of the sofa, snoring quietly. Yoona and Yuri slept like goddesses as usual. He admired how Yoona was sleeping like an angel even though her hair covered half of her delicate face. He stood up and left the room quietly, heading towards the living room of the 'tent'. He noticed that Jihoon wasn't resting on his rocking chair, but he caught a sight of fire burning. He left the tent and strode towards Jihoon who was reading a book silently, as the flames blazed in the cool air.

Jihoon looked up and saw Taecyeon sitting across him. "Oh, you're up my boy?"

Taecyeon took a deep breath as he inhaled the fresh air filling his lungs. "I couldn't sleep. So I decided to inhale some fresh air."

"The air is fresh during the dawn. I set up the fire because I wouldn't like to freeze in these circumstances." Jihoon blew his own breath in his palms, while rubbing them. Taecyeon tightened his vest around him as a cold breeze blew against them.

"Do you know anything about the upcoming war lately?" Taecyeon broke the amicable silence as Jihoon dropped his book on the ground, garning attention from him.

"As a telepath, I predicted a lot of events even though I wasn't a psychic. Most of them are rather hostile. I knew about you Soldiers, which is an elite troop of noble men fighting for the Solitaire. I was once a Soldier who fought against those Kings, but unfortunately my abilities didn't penetrate during those times. I have experienced the conflict and those Kings are too aggressive and obnoxious. According to my conclusions...they we're actually pretending during the war before."

"What do you mean?"

"They concealed their own abilitties. So in my opinion, they are much more prepared in this fight. That's why the Queens need their knight and shining armors. Trust me, Taecyeon. You will contribute an essential thing, afterwards. Don't ask me what it is, but believe me. You play an important role in this war." Jihoon grinned widely as his perfect white set of teeth beamed. Taecyeon blinked as he couldn't believe what the old man was saying. A smile broke across his delicate featured face, as the flames flickered and the smokes billowing.

As the sun rises from the east, bright rays of sunshine seeped through the spaces between the trees. The sky had white fluffy clouds floating and birds travelling to and fro. The Solitarians woke up as they came out from the tent, one by one. Wooyoung yawned, Junho rotated his neck, Sungmin rubbed his eyes, Yoona and Yuri wore back their robes and Nichkhun put on his fedora hat and jacket.

Taecyeon jerked up from his seat, smiling towards them. "Shall we head back to the Palace?"

Yoona confusingly glanced over him. "You seem jubilant..."

"To start the morning fresh. Let's go?"

"Nichkhun, just go straight until you have reached a tree that bears golden pears. Afterwards, you'll leave it to your own instincts. Understand?" Jihoon showed a map to him pointing out the precise directions.

"Yes, Jihoon-ssi. Guys, let's go."  Before they left, they bowed towards Jihoon and set off. Nichkhun took the lead of the group as he walked towards the south for the search of the magical tree. The others followed behind him. Sungmin who was behind all of them placed his hands inside the pocktes of his black coat. He had butterflies in his stomach as thoughts raced through his mind. My mission is starting. I have to conceal as much as I can. I couldn't let my brothers fail because of me. Prepare yourselves, Solitarians... A slight smirk escaped from his face as he sneered.

 

-At the Palace-

The seven Queens gathered around the dining room for breakfast. Yonghwa distributed their plates one by one. Sunny sighed as she stared at the two empty seats beside her.

"When are they coming back?"

All of them looked up and exchanged glances. Seohyun took a sip of water and replied back to Sunny. "They should arrive here by today, I guess..."

"Well, I hope they're fine." Tiffany's voice almost cracked. Taeyeon took a bite of the french toast while looking at her six sisters.

"They'll come back here, in one whole group. We're gonna expect some new abilities. Cheer up girls."

After Taeyeon persuaded them, they felt relieved and looked forward to the Soldiers' presence.

 

_______________________________