Devotion

Spades & Hearts

"Wah~! The carnival's more crowded than ever!" Wooyoung observed families, children and even couples roaming around the carnival. The Solitarians whispered to each other, pointing towards the Soldiers and Queens. Some even bowed and greeted them politely.

"Wow, I feel like a celebrity." Wooyoung flashed a grin, waving towards the crowd. The other Soldiers groaned and shook their heads. 

"Let's all meet at the roller coaster ride at 6pm as our last ride, okay?" Taeyeon asked.

"Call!" they replied. 

The group collapsed as they went to different game booths and stalls in pairs. 

 

"Jay oppa! Let's try the bumper cars!" Jessica pulled his arm and headed to the bumper car area. They lined up as they waited patiently. 

"What's with you and bumper cars?" Jay smirked, placing his arm around her shoulder. 

"I find it fun why?" 

"I find it annoying." 

She rolled her eyes. "Ugh. You're so not fun." 

"Hey, I was kidding." 

"Hmm. Bet you can't catch my car once we're on the platform." 

Jay grinned. "Now this is challenging." 

Both of them hopped on to their bumper cars and got ready. Once the alarm went off, Jessica fled away leaving Jay in a daze. He tried to find her, but got startled when a car collided into his. He turned back and smiled when he noticed the familiar brunette  that was smiling back at him.

"Caught you Park Jaebeom." she scoffed. 

"Come back here Jess!" both of them started to chase for each other. 

 

Junho, Hyoyeon, Chansung and Sooyoung strolled along the booths, competing with each other while playing a game. They came across a paintball booth. 

"Let's play!" Hyoyeon clapped her hands. 

"Don't worry Soo, I'll win for you this time." Chansung held her hand and kissed it. 

"Hmm. Are you sure? Junho's been winning ever since we came here." she taunted him. 

"I promise! I'll win this time!" 

"Come on Junho! Let's win another prize." Hyoyeon patted Junho's back for support. 

"Red balloons are 5 points, Blues are 3 and Greens are 1.Take your aim young men!" the operator instructed. 

"Let the pro do this Channie ah~" Junho swiftly took the darts in his hands and aimed right away. Junho scored 2 red and 3 green balloons with a total of 13 points. 

Chansung stepped up and aimed carefully for each target. He shot hastily and chortled when he won to Junho by just a point. 

"Congratulations young lad!" the operator handed Chansung a huge fluffy teddy bear and grinned as he gave it to Sooyoung gleefully. 

"I told you!" he crossed his arms and smiled. 

"Thank you Channie ah~!" she hugged him in return. 

"Aish, I finally lost to you." Junho pouted.

"Cheer up Junho! We have a lot of prizes already." Hyoyeon showed him all the plushies she carried. 

"Come on let's try the others." The four of them carried on as they glanced across the stalls and booths. 

 

Nichkhun and Yuri passed by a mini photo booth that caught their attention. 

"Wanna try?" he asked. 

"Sure!" 

They passed their tickets to the operator as they rushed inside the booth. The space was small but fit enough for a couple to snap some shots. 

"Say cheese!" Nichkhun said as he pressed the five-second consecutive timer. They grinned as their faces were inches apart and posed with different styles and actions. They did happy, frowning, confused, shocked, angry, y and crazy poses. Before they left, Nichkhun was stunned when Yuri kissed him on the cheek while they posed on the camera. 

"Time's up!" the operator reminded. "Here's your photos!"

"Thank you so much!" Both of them thanked the operator politely.  

"Thanks..." he blushed when he touched his left cheek. 

"You must return the kiss!" she . 

"Okay then-" Nichkhun interrupted her when he placed his lips on hers as he could feel her smile in bliss. She returned the kiss by placing her hands on his chest while Nichkhun wrapped his arms around her waist. They pulled away after a minute. 

"How'd that sound?" 

She gave him a light peck on the lips. "Heavenly." 

 

"This looks interesting Sungmin ah, let's check it out!" Sunny grabbed his arm and pulled him along, making their entrance inside the mirror maze. The area was dimly lit as the mirrors were the only ones that reflects the light from outside. Sungmin shivered as he would always find mirrors spooky enough especially those types which change one's physical appearance. 

"Why did we even go here..." he muttered under his breath. 

"Scaredy cat eh?" 

He flustered. "What? No! I was just...feeling cold." 

"Yeah right. Try to catch me then!" Sunny grinned as she sprinted off the hallway of mirrors. Sungmin groaned as he tired to catch up with her. He felt grief-stricken as he looked at his own reflection on one of the mirrors. He shook his head once he imagined his brothers standing behind him, giving him a vicious glare. 

"BOO!" Sungmin held his chest when Sunny crept up behind him. "You alright?" 

"Yeah...I'm fine...you just have to stop scaring me." 

"I'm sorry~ Come on, let's continue." 

 

"Let's try basketball and make sure you win a prize Junsu ah!" Tiffany pulled him over and made him stand in front of the basketball hoop that was a two metres away from them. They inserted the coin inside the machine as Junsu started to shoot some basketballs in the net. She cheered him on while Junsu built up his momentum as he scored consecutively. As the timer ended, both of them gave each other a high-five. 

"Wah J-Junsu ah...that was so COOL! I didn't know you could play basketball that well..." 

He shrugged his shoulders. "I didn't even know I had it in me!" 

Both of them laughed as Tiffany linked arms with Junsu and searched for more games to play. 

 

"Yonghwa oppa, can't we ride the merry-go-round?" Seohyun pouted. 

"But I want to try those cool rides." he pointed at the roller coasters that were speeding along the tracks. 

"We're going to try the roller coaster later! Let's go!" 

Yonghwa jerked but got dragged by Seohyun as she dashed towards the merry-go-round. She looked at Yonghwa, waiting for him to help her get on the horse. 

"Aren't you going to help me?" she crossed her arms.

"Ah fine, fine." he carried her by the waist and placed her gently onto the horse. She giggled and mentioned him to hop onto the horse beside her. 

"I'll just stay here...just in case you might fall." 

"That's okay, I can handle myself. Hop on." 

Yonghwa sighed as he obeyed and flashed her a smile for her satisfaction. The merry-go-round began to turn, slowly inscreasing its speed. Yonghwa and Seohyun grinned as they glanced at their surroundings. After moments of dizziness, Yonghwa got off the horse and stumbled across the exit as he fell onto the ground, holding onto his forehead. Seohyun chuckled as she supported him to stand up. 

 

"Oh please Tae? Just this time. Pretty please with a cherry on top?" Wooyoung asked, showing his puppy eyes. 

"Ugh. Fine Wooyoung. Just this time, okay?" 

"YES! Thanks Tae~" he held her hand and led them towards the entrance. They entered the tunnel of love, where as couples often go to for one romantic ride. He gleefully sat onto the small boat and patted onto the seat next to him, indicating Taeyeon to sit beside him. She rolled her eyes and hesitantly sat beside him. Wooyoung was acting like a 4 year old who couldn't control his excitement, while Taeyeon yawned as she wanted to get rid of this boring ride as soon as possible. The boat started to move as it went deeper inside the tunnel. 

"I wonder why you picked a boring ride." Taeyeon placed her elbow on the arm rest and placed her palm under her chin. 

"This isn't boring...I find it fascinating!" 

"You could barely see a thing inside this tunnel." 

"That's to create the atmosphere in this love tunnel~" Wooyoung snickered and placed his arm around Taeyeon's shoulder. 

"What the hell are you doing Woo." she shoved his arm away from her shoulder. 

"Gosh, why did I agree to be your boyfriend when you nag so much?" he sighed and rested his back against the seat. 

Taeyeon kept silent and covered to hide her smile. The ride was about to end as they were about to pass through a very dark section of the tunnel. Wooyoung sighed until, he felt someone touching his cheek and warm lips onto his. He giggled and deepened the kiss as he slid his hand onto Taeyeon's waist. She kissed him back sweetly and parted once light sets in.

"So, I can't be your girlfriend?" she asked. 

Wooyoung blushed bright red. "I'm sorry...and thanks." 

"Your welcome~" she kissed him on the cheek and got off the boat. 

 

Taecyeon and Yoona entered the cable car of the ferris wheel and the operator locked the doors of each car. The ferris wheel began to turn slowly. Yoona fixed her position by the window as she stared outside, admiring the spectacular view. Taecyeon smiled as he looked at the view by the window as well, amazed by the sight in front of him. 

"It's your first time on a ferris wheel?" he broke the silence in between them. 

She nodded. "I would rarely go out with my sisters actually. So times like these are one of the precious moments~" 

"I can see that. Actually, I have never been on a ferris wheel either. I'm not really sociable and stuff." 

"But you are sociable now." she grinned. 

"Yeah, thanks to you guys I have overcome my fear of society." he giggled. 

"That's good. Now, I love ferris wheels." 

Yoona stared at the sunset enjoying the feeling as the cable car halted for a moment. 

"Wow, the sun's pretty. Even the view next to me is pretty." he smirked. 

"Yah! Be serious and don't ruin the moment." 

"I am serious!" 

"Don't say too much cheesy lines for god's sake, Taec." she rolled her eyes. 

Yoona frowned when she thought of Taecyeon leaving. The sun was setting and that means his time here is running out soon. 

"What's wrong my goddess?" he gently her hair. 

"Nothing...I was just...thinking." 

"Share your thoughts with me then~" 

"Hmm...not now. I wouldn't want to spoil our moment here." she sighed. 

"Okay then. I shall give you some comfort." he encircled his arms around her waist and rested his back against the seat. Yoona smiled as she felt his pair of warm hands around her waist and leaned against his chest, trying to relieve herself as she wanted to wash away all her worries at that very moment. She closed her eyes and treasuring this time to be reminisced in her head since he was going to leave her soon enough. Taecyeon gazed outside the window and tried to keep this memory of theirs on the ferris wheel in his mind. 

"I don't want to let you go, Yoona..." he barely mumbled to himself. However, Yoona's heart skipped a beat, wanting to stifle a sob as his words rang into her ears clearly. 

"Nor do I want to let you go Taecyeon..." she muttered. Taecyeon got caught off guard as he heard her calling out his name. 

The ferris wheel came to an end as both of them got out of the car. 

"Well that was fun." he said. 

"My favourite ride of all." she looked up and smiled. "Let's go Taec, maybe the others are already waiting." 

"Can you do me a favor and call me oppa at least." he showed off his toothy grin. 

"Ugh, why? Umm...Taecyeon...oppa?" 

He nodded. "Much better."

 

Taeyeon counted the number of people that were present, relieved that everyone have reached. 

"This is our last ride for the day...so let's make the best of it!" she reminded. 

All of them boarded onto the roller coaster, feeling a rush of adrenaline inside their bodies. The moment the roller coaster started to move, everyone braced themselves when they have reached the top of the tracks. 

"WOHOOOO~!!!" the guys cheered, as the roller coaster glided downwards while the ladies screamed from the top of their lungs. Taecyeon, Wooyoung and Nichkhun rose both of their arms up high and cheered from the back. Once the ride halted, the ladies felt dizzy, fixing their hair at the same time as if a tornado passed right through them. 

"That was simply AWESOME!" Sooyoung, Junho, Yonghwa and Jessica high-fived with each other. 

"Why was the ride too fast?!" Jay complained. 

"We can't be on the roller coaster forever. Come on, let's head to the Palace. My surprise awaits~" 

Taeyeon led the group back to the Palace again, hoping that her surprise would make them feel better. They strolled back to the Palace and reached in a jiffy. Taeyeon blocked the guys from the door and giggled. 

"Are you ready guys?" 

"YES!" 

Taeyeon opened the doors, while the group behind her stared at their surroundings in awe. A red carpet was rolled along the hallway, that also led to the living room which was re-made into a ballroom. A long table which had a variety of food, was seen  by the side of the ballroom. The chandeliers, sparkled from above and the dancefloor was as spotless as ever. It felt as if they went back to the night where the Masquerade Ball occurred. 

"YAH! Why didn't you say earlier?! WE'RE GOING TO CHANGE OUR CLOTHES!" Taeyeon laughed hilariously, glancing at the girls who rushed up to their rooms. 

"Umm...we'll change too!" the guys dashed to their rooms as well. 

Wooyoung remained and approached Taeyeon who went around the table. 

"Hmm, good food." 

"Like my surprise?" 

He gave her a backhug. "Of course, it's like the Masquerade Ball only that...we have more privacy." 

"Yah~ alright, go change as well. I need to change into my dress." 

"You look good. No need to doll yourself up." 

"It is to suit the occasion. Come on, let's go. Look handsome okay?" 

"And you should look better than this." he smirked.

Taeyeon forced him to change, Wooyoung gave up and hurried off to his room. Half an hour passed by or so, the ladies climbed down the stairs while the gentlemen had been waiting by the table for quite a while. 

"What took you ladies so long?" Chansung crossed his arms, staring at girls. 

"Sooyoung ah, teach your Channie to practice patience." Tiffany retorted. 

Sooyoung blushed and slapped Chansung's shoulder. "I told you to keep quiet!"

"Well I was hungry!" 

"Okay, okay. Everyone please take your seats." Taeyeon announced, all of them sitting next to their partners. 

"May all of you please raise your glasses, to prepare a toast." 

All of them poured whiskey into their glasses and raised them in mid-air.

"Finally, we have succeeded on our defeat with the Kings and brought peace to the whole of Solitaire. There were many obstacles in our way but due to our determination and invincibility, we were powerful enough to eliminate them. Lastly, I would like to thank all of you for your sacrifices that you have made, to save the Solitaire. I think Solitaire wouldn't even exist anymore if it weren't for you guys, so...CHEERS TO THE SOLITAIRE!" 

"TO THE SOLITAIRE! CHEERS!" the glasses clanked, as they chuckled and took a sip of the alcohol. 

"Let's eat!" Taeyeon clapped her hands in delight. 

"Finally!" Chansung and Sooyoung high-fived with each other and started to grab some food, placing them on their plates while the others laughed at them. They ate and chatted for an hour or so and the guys invited the ladies for a short waltz on the dancefloor. A slow ballad tune played, while a sparkling disco ball was hung from above. 

"Since when did we have a disco ball?" Wooyoung exclaimed. 

"We had it hiding from the ceiling for a long time~" Taeyeon winked at him. 

They danced for some time, and the guys finally exchanged glances with one another, indicating that they should procede. 

"My dear Queens, we have a surprise for you." they said in unison, all forming up in one line while Taecyeon just stood at one corner. All of them kneeled down, as they took out something from their pockets. The Queens got anxious as they spotted a red velvet box on their palms. The guys gazed at their own partners and smiled. 

"Will you marry me?" their voices echoed across the ballroom. The ladies were left in a daze, the four words ringing in their ears. They exchanged glances as well, wanting to say the answer together. 

"YES!" the 8 of them ran towards their soon-to-be husbands and kissed them sweetly while, the guys carried them as they spun around the dancefloor. Taecyeon walked over to Yoona's side, sensing that she was feeling awkward in the moment. 

"Care to spare me some time with you?" he whispered in her ear. 

Yoona grinned and nodded, as they walked towards the balcony. They gazed at the night sky, with the moon and stars twinkling brightly. 

"Feeling awkward eh?" 

"No! I wasn't...I was feeling happy for them." 

"Oh, come on Yoona. You were frustrated that I didn't ask you like the rest did." 

"Well...I kind of expected you to ask as well but...it turn out that you didn't." 

He chuckled as he noticed her pouting. "I didn't ask you, because I know it isn't the right time yet...for us." 

"Not the right time? But...you're fine Taec." 

"I know that. I wanted us to be special anyway~" 

"Aish, don't be too full of yourself." 

"Instead, I have one thing in mind for you." 

Taecyeon turned his body to face her, Yoona did the same as she paid close attention to him. He took out a ring from his pocket and kneeled down in front of her. Yoona froze when he noticed him kneeling down. Oh my god, is he...? She felt her heart beating faster. 

"Im Yoona, would you be my girlfriend?" his glanced at her sincerely. Her own heart was pounding with joy as she felt herself nodding. 

"Yes, Ok Taecyeon." a tear escaped from eye. 

Taecyeon stood up as he held her face lightly and kissed her gently. Yoona encircled her arms around his neck, while he placed his hands on her waist. 

"AWW~! WOHOOO~!" Both of them parted as they witnessed the whole group watching them secretly. 

"Speaking of interruptions." he sighed. 

She giggled. Her eyes focused back onto the gold ring. "I love the ring. It's simple but pretty~" 

"Glad you like it. Come on, let's join them." he held hands with her and joined back to the rest of the group. 

Wooyoung and Nichkhun ran over to Taecyeon and patted him on the back. 

"You did it bro." 

"I should congratulate you two. I mean, I'm not the one engaged."

"You were special at least! Asked her to be your girlfriend, when you two were alone." 

"Thanks. Are we still partying?" 

"They're playing truth or dare again. Let's join them!" the three of them huddled at the dining table, joining the rest of them.

They played a few rounds as they laughed and teased each other over and over. The guys and the girls spent some quality time with Taecyeon, asking about his life in Seoul. 

"All of you should visit Seoul one day." he suggested. 

"We're going to miss you Taecyeon ah..." Jay mumbled. Silence grew as they sighed. 

"Can I get a hug from each one of you? Please?" Taecyeon asked. 

"SURE! Why not?" Wooyoung jumped out from his seat and hugged him first. Nichkhun followed after, so as Jay and the rest of the Soldiers. The Queens followed next as they gave him a friendly hug. He stared at Yoona standing awkwardly in front of him. 

"I'll hug you tomorrow." he grinned. 

"Aish. Bad oppa." she frowned. 

"Let's go guys. All of us need to rest and probably Taecyeon has to sleep as well. Goodnight and wake up early." Taeyeon announced as she bowed to everyone and climbed up the stairs quietly. Wooyoung chased after her, the others followed behind as they strolled to their own rooms. Taecyeon held Yoona's hand and pulled her back gently. She rose her eyebrows in confusion and stared back at him. 

"Sleep with me tonight?" 

"What? You sure?" 

"It's my last night, I want to spend it with you." 

She nodded in defeat. "Okay, in my room or yours?" 

"I bet Nichkhun is in your room with Yuri." he smirked. 

"Fine, I'll go to yours then. I'll change into my night gown first." 

"I'll be waiting~" 

Taecyeon headed to his own room while Yoona scurried off to hers, finding Nichkhun and Yuri tickling each other on bed. She groaned. 

"Oh god, please don't her just yet Khun." 

"Oops, sorry Yoona ah. Yuri's too irresistible, I might lose control." he chuckled.

"YAH! Don't be a ert in front of my Yoong." 

"I was kidding Yul. Okay, I promise I won't do anything to her." 

"You better not Khun!" 

Yoona grabbed a night gown from her wardrobe and walked towards the bathroom. She changed quickly and got out, walking to the door. 

"Oh? Where are you going Yoong?" 

"I'm sleeping with Taecyeon tonight, SINCE you're sleeping with Khun." she stuck her tongue out. 

"Things better not get funny in that room Yoona ah!" Nichkhun joked. 

"Ugh, whatever!" she slammed the door and headed for Taecyeon's room. 

 

Yoona knocked on the door and waited. 

"Come in." she heard Taecyeon inside the room. She opened the door slowly and peeked inside the room, entering quietly. 

"Taecyeon oppa?..." her eyes focused on the human being who was staring outside the window. Taecyeon turned back and smiled. Yoona's eyes oggled as slightly parted once she saw Taecyeon topless. She was amazed by his own physical figure, from his toned abs and firm muscles. She didn't notice she was gazing at him for too long until Taecyeon snapped his finger. 

"Yah, stop staring at me. I know I'm handsome." 

She blushed furiously. "I-I wasn't..."

"Yeah right, I could almost see you drooling." 

She swatted his arm. "Idiot." 

"Aww, sorry my goddess. I was kidding! Anyway, you look...stunning in a night gown." he winked. 

"Hmm, you look dashing as well." 

Both of them giggled and gazed into each other's eyes for a while. Taecyeon leaned closer to Yoona, while she did the same until their faces were inches apart. He placed his lips onto hers and kissed her softly. They started to get more passionate as he lifted her from the ground, carrying her bridal style and placed her on the bed with him on top of her. Yoona brushed a hand through his hair, Taecyeon placing a hand on her hip. They parted eventually, gasping for air. Taecyeon moved beside Yoona as he pulled the bed sheets over them. Yoona cuddled into his arms, placing her head on his broad chest. 

"You are really muscular." her fingers traced along his abs. 

"I train myself thrice a week at a gym." 

"I can definitely see that, I mean...look at you." 

"I'll wait for us to get married." he giggled. 

"That'd be too long." 

"It won't be! Time will pass sooner or later." 

Yoona looked up, taking a glance of his face. "I'll miss you Taec." 

"I'll miss you too." 

Tears flowed down from her face as she wiped it away with her hand. Taecyeon sat up and held her face, planting a kiss onto her forehead. 

"Don't cry, Yoona. I don't want to remember you crying when I leave." 

She sniffed, as he wiped her tears away with his thumb. "I'm sorry...I couldn't help it." 

He pulled her into his arms, her hair lightly. "Promise you'll wait for me." 

She pulled back and looked into his eyes. "I promise." 

"Good. I'll make sure I'll be back here as soon as possible." 

"I'll be waiting until you come back. So make sure you'll return okay?" 

"Yes, my goddess." 

Taecyeon kissed her once more, as she kissed him back. Yoona lied onto his chest, while he encircled his arms around hers to give her warmth. He sighed and wished that he could stay with her forever, but he knew that it wasn't the right time for them to be together just yet. He drifted off to sleep and waited for dawn to arrive. 

 

 

____________________________________

ANNYEONG MY READERS! ^^ I had problems with the internet so I updated quite late. ANYWAY, I guess it would already be the last chapter, for the next update ;____; poor Taec as he needs to go back to Seoul. Oh yes~! I would like to ask my readers if all of you would like a sequel to this story :D SO, Please do share your thoughts with me by commenting belowwhether I should continue or not :P If the response if great, I will consider a sequel but if you guys disagree, well~ I won't continue LOL xDD!! So, just simply say YES in the comment box if you'd like a sequel! HEHE~ So, Happy Spades & Hearts Day! HAHA~ xD