Provoked

Spades & Hearts

The Soldiers gathered in the living room in complete silence. Yonghwa sighed as he glanced at the view in front of him. Jay was punching the wall with his fists, Wooyoung and Junsu clasped their hands and exhaled, Chansung and Junho were swearing quietly to themselves, Nichkhun's eyes were infuriated as he stared at the wall clock, Sungmin crossed his arms while he stole glances from the other Soldiers. Taecyeon was staring blankly outside, near the balcony as he leaned against the wall. Sunny tapped her fingers while resting on her armchair.

"THIS IS JUST BULL!" Jay abruptly shouted as the others turned to his direction.

Nichkhun patted him on the shoulder. "Calm down, hyung."

"Khun's right. Throwing tantrums won't help." Wooyoung stated.

"Well this is crap, because the Queens have been kidnapped. How can I not give a damn on this?" Jay snorted.

"We do care Jay. But we have to calm down in order to sort out things." Junsu solemnly helped Jay to relax.

Yonghwa pulled a chair and sat beside Sunny. "So what exactly happened, Sunny-ssi?"

The Soldiers heads jerked up and they were focusing directly on Sunny. She sighed as she massaged her temples.

 

*Flashback*

Sunny couldn't sleep as she stared at the ceiling over a period of time, sensing critical danger. She didn't know why but, her senses wouldn't or at least, couldn't lie to her. Without hesitation, she left her room and went to find her sisters. She carefully turned their doorknobs but to her dismay, they were missing. She rushed to their windows which were partially shattered. She peeked through the sky, only to find out that there were people who wore capes, flying in the sky carrying unconscious bodies. Adding onto her frustration, she felt someone immobilizing her. Apparently, she couldn't figure out the person due to her sudden collapse on the floor.

As the morning sets in, her eyes fluttered. She had an annoying headache that, she couldn't think straight. Only then she had re-called the incident last night and curiosity rose. She dashed to the Soldier's rooms and banged onto their doors, desperately.

*End*

"That's what I conclude..." A tear escaped from Sunny's eyes as she wiped it away slowly. Seeing Sunny's depression made Sungmin guilty and a hint of sympathy urged him to cheer her up.

Yonghwa bit his lower lip and placed a hand over Sunny's shoulder. "They'll be fine."

Sunny looked up and slightly smiled. "I know they will. Looks like you guys have lost your inspirations. What are we waiting for? The Queens are waiting for their knight and shining armors right now, from those vicious Kings. Show them what you have trained for."

With Sunny's influence, the Soldiers exchanged glances to each other and nodded. Nichkhun stood up and looked at them.

"Sunny's right guys. We have not much time to waste. The Queens are in a desperate situation right now. Since we are blessed with different abilities, there's no doubt that we can win over the Kings. It's time to show them what we've got."

The Soldiers stood up altogether and gathered in a circle, to heighten their motivation by giving each other high-fives.

"LET'S DO THIS!" they shouted in unison. The Soldiers went to find for their weapons and defensive tools. Sunny smiled as she grabbed some weapons for herself. After a while, they gathered at the front gates.

"Jisoo. Protect the palace for us while we're gone, alright?" Sunny asked the lad.

Jisoo nodded and bowed. "Yes, your highness."

"Let's go guys." Sunny went in front of the group to lead them to the King's Mansion. Nichkhun was beside her as he had a much more detailed pathways that lead to the mansion. They were heading to the Jack of Trades' territory where the Jesters and Kings survive at. Taecyeon and Junho were at the back of the group to protect the people in front of them from any danger.

"Hey, are you alright?" the Cyclops asked the Protector as he observed that he had been putting on an emotionless expression ever since they left the Palace. Taecyeon from beside turned to look at him.

"Yeah...I'm fine."

Junho smirked as he softly punched the Protector's shoulder. "You'll see her soon."

Taecyeon couldn't help but to blush since he was being teased all over again. The group silently entered the forbidden forest, as Taecyeon recalled all the incidents that happened here before. But, that wasn't helping him because Yoona would just appear in his mind every time.

"Stay close guys. Be alert." Sunny reminded everyone as they walked in deeper through the forest's circumstances.

 

-At the Kings' Mansion-

The Queens were locked up in special prison cells in the Kings' mansion, rather than the Dungeon found in the Jesters' territory. Each and one of them were locked up in 8 different cells, forbidding them to escape easily. Glowing metal chains encircled their hands and feet. The chains were special because it prohibits one's power to emit or stimulate. Taeyeon sighed as she stared at the ceiling, Jessica had a blank expression on her face, Tiffany stood up and knocked her fists onto the cold metallic door, Hyoyeon solemnly sat down in depression, Yuri struggled with the chains, Sooyoung gave up as she brushed her hand through her hair, Yoona clenched her fists as she gritted her teeth and Seohyun squatted down on the floor,with her legs cuddled together and wept silently.

Leeteuk went to visit Taeyeon's cell. Taeyeon looked up as she noticed someone entering the small room.

"Greetings, Tae." Leeteuk stepped closer to Taeyeon who was barely blinking. Leeteuk attempted to hug her but Taeyeon was quick enough to push him away.

"Oh, why my Queen? Anything wrong?"

Taeyeon kept silent as she glared at him. Leeteuk chuckled as he flicked his robe.

"Where are my sisters?" she asked coldly.

"Woah, relax my Queen. They're fine, only that they're locked up helplessly."

She rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Let us go."

"I believe I can't do that. Since, all of you have dejected our proposal."

She groaned. "What for?! You guys don't deserve us!"

"Oh yes we do. In fact, it's rather challenging right now. You want to know something?" he asked maliciously.

"What?"

"I believe your friends are coming over here right now. No doubts for that. It's such a great timing to eliminate them one by one. Isn't it?"

Taeyeon's jaw dropped. No... Leeteuk grunted as he snapped his finger.

"Such a pity. This isn't even the war yet. We're doing this just to get rid of your little Soldiers, making it much more easier for us to rule over the Solitaire. Of course, we will rule it together." he smiled.

Taeyeon held out a fist, but Leeteuk caught hold of her.

"Together? Are you insane? We won't and never will rule with you. In fact, the only gentlemen who are approved to be our respectful Kings or shall I say our husbands who will rule with us Queens, will be the loyal Soldiers themselves."

Leeteuk was taken aback by her words and felt hurt inside. "So...you Queens...fell in love?"

Taeyeon was left in a daze as he stuttered his question. Leeteuk grabbed her shoulders as he forced her to look at him.

"What ever happened to us, Taeyeon? Did you forget our pleasant memories?" he mumbled ever so gently.

"There was no us and we never did. I don't want to discuss about this all over again Leeteuk. You knew what all of you did."

Tears were threatening to fall from Taeyeon's eyes as she looked away. Leeteuk released his hold and sighed.

"If that's how it goes...don't blame me for the consequences the Soldiers have to face..."

"W-what? Leeteuk...NO!" she wanted to grab his arm, but Leeteuk shut the door and locked it immediately. Taeyeon fell on her knees as she broke down in tears. She hated herself for what she had done to make the Soldiers lives miserable. I hope they're safe...

Leeteuk walked briskly towards his own office. He vented his anger by throwing all the things around his room. He couldn't believe what he had heard from his own ex-lover. No, you can't do this to me Taeyeon. You're mine and ONLY mine. But the words of the goddess shot through his heart.

"There was no us and we never did." Just like that, thousands of knives stabbed through his heart. He couldn't think straight. He went crazy over Taeyeon ever since, the events that happened 10 years ago. Now, his only mission was to get rid of the Soldiers and that, very Soldier who stole Taeyeon's heart away from him. He clenched his fists in fury, wanting to deal with the Soldiers that very moment. Stay calm Leeteuk. You'll get your revenge very soon...

 

__________________________________