Strangers

Spades & Hearts

Taecyeon examined Yoona practicing some skills with her spade. Slowly, he stepped closer to her and tried to read her mind. Yoona, is that really you? He was afraid that she wouldn't know him. He always had that feeling that something had happened to her and it wasn't good. On the other hand, Yoona already knew someone came as she heard footsteps that echoed along the spiral staircase. Thinking that it was a stranger, she decided to ignore the urge to attack the person immediately. Taecyeon heaved a few inhales before he spoke.

"Yoona?"

She turned around and glared at him. Taecyeon was puzzled since she felt more pale than usual.

"Stranger. You're trespassing?" she pointed the end of her spade towards him.

"What?"

Yoona's mind was in complete control and she convinced herself that Taecyeon was an enemy. It was strange because, somewhere around the back of her mind yelling to stop.

 

Sungmin and Sunny found Wooyoung and Taeyeon bickering with one another.

"Yah Wooyoung! What are the both of you doing?"

"GET AWAY!" Taeyeon screamed in front of Wooyoung, while he caught hold of her arms.

"Sunny-ssi! Taeyeon isn't being Taeyeon!" he exclaimed.

Sunny went to break up the two while she grabbed both of Taeyeon's shoulders.

Taeyeon rose her eyebrow, "Who are you?"

Sungmin sighed and placed a hand over Sunny's shoulder. "She's under a spell. Her memory is gone temporarily."

"What? What are we going to do now?"

Sungmin recalled the bookshelves earlier. "Wait here, I'll get something." He ran to where they found the books of spells were, in order for the Queens to wake up from their spell. He stared at the books and took out the book named "Trick". This must be the solution. He dashed back to Sunny to check if it was the correct book.

"Is it this one?" he handed her the book, as she wiped the dust off.

"Yeah, it's the right one I guess."

She flipped through some pages and paused at one spell.

"What it says here is that,
To get rid of this dreadful hell,
The chosen one should chant this spell.
Make their controlled minds erase and burn,
To have their minds clear,
Which leads in their return."

Sungmin was staring at the page, thinking hard. Wooyoung was still struggling with Taeyeon.

"Who's the chosen one?" Sunny questioned herself.

"Maybe you should let Wooyoung try..." Sungmin suggested. Sunny went up to Wooyoung and instructed him on what to do.

"Just remember to shout 'Return!' at the end."

Wooyoung felt as if he was being a joke in this situation. "Are you serious?"

"Yes, Wooyoung. Do it for Taeyeon."

Wooyoung sighed in defeat as he held the book. He started to read carefully as Taeyeon stood in front of him, calmly.

"Return!" As he shouted, Taeyeon's eyes fluttered and collapsed onto the floor. The three of them rushed to her side.

"T-Taeyeon? TAEYEON!" Wooyoung carried her in his arms as he patted her cheek.

"Let her be. I think the spell is trying to overcome her mind." Sungmin tried to relieve him.

After a while, Taeyeon blinked once or twice. Wooyoung waited for her reaction to check if she was back. She blinked for a few times and looked up, gazing at Wooyoung's face. She smiled as she regained her clear vision and placed her hand over his cheek.

"Taeyeon ah. Is that really you?"

She giggled, "Then who am I?"

Wooyoung laughed as well enjoying the moment. Sungmin and Sunny stared awkwardly at the pair of lovebirds who were smiling at each other.

She snapped a finger in front of them and snickered. "Okay! Let's get going..."

 

Jay threw fireballs towards the Jesters that were catching him, as he dragged Jessica along. Both of them panted as the enemies were seen lying down on the carpet. Jessica released from his grip and crossed her arms.

"Yah. Who do you think you are?" she snorted.

"I saved your life, Miss."

"Those are my bodyguards! You are the enemy here!"

Jay scratched his head and sighed. "Jessica. What has gotten into you?"

She shrugged her arms. "Nothing. All I know is that you're a stranger to me."

She had been brainwashed. Those Kings are just total jerks. Jay rolled his eyes but still dragged Jessica along with him.

 

Hyoyeon was irritated when Junho was fighting with her bodyguards, which were the Jesters. He easily fought with them since they were too weak for his own kind.

"Hyoyeon! Don't run away! Come with me." he held onto her hand, and begged.

"I'm sorry but I don't know really you. And you're an enemy so..."

"Just come with me!"

Junho felt himself raging inside since Hyoyeon couldn't remember. But he knew that all of these had been done by the Kings.

 

Nichkhun and Yuri were battling against one another since Yuri couldn't stand strangers coming near her. She threw, he dodged. She kicked, he jumped. Basically, Yuri was turning into a machine since her energy doesn't seem to drain out. Nichkhun on the other hand felt that he was lacking a vital substance. Since he didn't have any choice left, he abruptly grabbed the daggers from her hands and threw them aside. He grabbed her face and crushed his lips onto hers. Yuri's eyes widened as she stopped fighting and stood still. Both of them were caught up in the moment as Yuri gently encircled her arms around his neck. Nichkhun kissed her passionately as his affection grew. He backed away slowly from her as he took in some air to breathe. Yuri was left in a daze as she touched her lips quietly. Nichkhun took his chance to grab her hand and head towards the living room.

 

Yonghwa and Seohyun ended up in the living room while Sunny, Sungmin, Wooyoung and Taeyeon rushed downstairs.

"OH! YONGHWA!" Sunny yelled from upstairs. The four were glad to see the others as well, gathering into the living room.

"Alright guys, here's what we'll do. Each and everyone of you ill chant a spell to your own respective Queens to wake them up from the spell and remember to shout 'Return' at the end of the given spell." Sunny showed them the book as all of them agreed.

As all of them were in the "chanting" process, the most of the Queens passed out and were left in the arms of their Soldiers. The Soldiers were relieved when they have broken the spell as the Queens were back to normal. The ladies hugged each other as they finally recognized themselves again. Sunny and Sungmin smiled as they glanced at the view in front of them.

"We have to leave soon..." Sungmin whispered to Sunny's ear.

Sunny clapped her hands as she drew in all of their attention. "We have to start backing out and escape from this hell. The Kings might come anytime sooner."

"But how are we going out? The main gates aren't safe. Jesters are all over the area." Nichkhun commented.

"We'll deal with the Jesters easily. Their strengths can't be compared with our abilities. It doesn't matter if they are in a large number as long as we have the will to fight, then all of us would be safe."

"What are we waiting for? LET'S GO!" Wooyoung raised his hands high up and grinned.

"Wait guys..."

 As Taeyeon looked around to count the number of people, she creased her brows.

"Where's Taecyeon and...Yoona?"

 

___________________________________

Hello my fellow readers! This chapter is kind of short ;__; MIANHAE D8 If I have kept you waiting T_T because school isn't over yet so :P ~ anyway, shall try to update this weekend alright? ;) HUGS & KISSES~ ^^