War

Spades & Hearts

It was the day that had been awaited by the Queens and Kings. The war that had been reprieved for a year. Taeyeon winced as she felt something pricking her heart terribly. She hated the feeling, as she always didn't like it whenever it was the day of the blood battle. She recalled about the war that had happened last year, as images of Solitarians dying invaded her mind and it felt horrifying enough. She stifled a sob and frowned.

"Hang on there Tae," As expected Taeyeon wiped her tears away quickly and turned around, Wooyoung comforting her. She returned with a slight smile.

"Are they ready?" she asked.

He nodded. "They're ready, if you are."

"I always am. I'm sorry." her voice cracked.

Wooyoung embraced her in his arms and her back. "We'll be okay Tae. Have faith will you?"

She sniffed in between her sobs and smiled as she broke away from his hug. She grabbed her sword firmly and exhaled.

"Let's go."

Both of them walked briskly towards the hallway and down the staircase. Taeyeon smiled as she glanced at the people smiling, which only meant that they were prepared. The Queens wore their personal black suits, as well as the new ones that were made for the Soldiers. The suits were designed as each suit had lines of a specified color of the rainbow. Along with their black sleek gloves and weapons, all of them were properly attired.

"Ready?" she asked.

"YES!" the group cheered.

Taeyeon giggled as she felt motivated with their cheer. Before they'd get started, she thought of a group cheer.

"Hey guys, let's do a group cheer first."

"You mean like, putting our hands on top of the other and then shout 'Fighting!" Nichkhun rose an eyebrow while the others just agreed and did what Nichkhun instructed.

"3...2...1, FIGHTING!" All of them clapped and cheered in unison. After an active start they made their way towards the Solitaire Field.

 

-At the Kings' Mansion-

"It's war!" Eunhyuk raised his fist high up and giggled to himself. The others were fixing their attires and waited for Leeteuk.

"Am I late? No?" Leeteuk came in with a grin on his face.

"Come on, hyung. Let's just get this war over with." Siwon scoffed.

Leeteuk rolled his eyes as he scanned through the area. "Where's Yoona?"

"She's with Donghae, Leeteuk hyung." Ryeowook reminded.

"Oh right, what are we to do with Sungmin?"

Leeteuk smiled and replied, "We'll have to turn the tables now Siwon. He has to go back where he belongs."

"Looks like we're going to have to drop a bomb on him today huh?" Siwon smirked.

"Oh secrets. He can't run away now. Come my brothers, let us go. We can't let our Queens wait."

The Kings nodded and stood up. Before Leeteuk followed them, he whispered something to Eunhyuk.

"Remember the plan at the Field alright? Now, inform our Jesters."

Eunhyuk nodded and sprinted to the Jesters' territory. Leeteuk caught up with his brothers and led them towards the Field.

 

-At the Solitaire Field-

The Queens and Soldiers have reached the Field as they waited for the Kings' arrival. Taecyeon who was behind the group, stared upon the Soldiers in front of him. Also, he spared a thought about Yoona whom he will see soon enough. A queer feeling rose in him. How are we going to get her back? That's what he was thinking.

"You're alright there Taec?" Nichkhun placed a hand on his right shoulder.

Taecyeon turned to look at him and smiled. "You should worry about how to invade the Jesters, not me."

Nichkhun let out a chuckle and nodded. "Nothing else matter whenever, all of us are together."

"You're...right." Taecyeon pursed his lips. "Hey Khun, good luck to us."

"No need for that. Because I know we'll win in the end. It's for the Solitaire remember?"

"I guess so."

"Prepare everyone. They're coming." Taecyeon and Nichkhun looked towards the the other side of the field as Taeyeon reminded. On the other side of the field, the Kings strolled along the patches of dry grass. Behind the Kings, were groups of Jesters marching in with swords and shields gripped in their hands and arms. The army of Jesters was able to cover half of the field's area; or more.  The Kings were emotionless while walking towards the middle of the field. Unexpectedly, the field has a large area and its circumstance is surrounded by the forbidden forest itself. The Kings halted as they have reached the center of the field. Leeteuk grinned as he walked up, looking relieved.

"Where is she going?!" Wooyoung tried to whisper as he got anxious when Taeyeon walked briskly towards Leeteuk's direction.

"She's going to confirm the battle with Leeteuk, Wooyoung ah." Yuri replied back while Wooyoung sighed in relief.

 

Taeyeon swallowed hardly and her eyes met Leeteuk's. They exchanged glances for while until she broke the silence in between them.

"We're ready." she said firmly.

He scoffed. "What a pity, for a small group."

Taeyeon's eyes narrowed and replied coldly, "This isn't about the number. It's about courage and strength."

"Whatever it is. You should reconsider this you know. We can end it quickly by giving us an answer."

"Wait until, we're dead at least." she retorted. "On the count of three when we go back, it's an all out."

"Fine, your highness." he smiled and bowed in front of Taeyeon.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes as she walked back towards her group. Leeteuk took his time and stared at his huge army. They wouldn't stand a chance. He flicked his robe as he stood back at his position. He found Taeyeon standing across the field signaling to him, that her team is ready. He nods and counted in his head. Taeyeon bit her lip as she started to count as well.

3......2......1.

"Get ready everyone!" Taeyeon yelled to her group as they took out their weapons and prepared. Leeteuk rose his right arm, his right hand in mid-air. He whispered to the leader of the army and grinned.

"We stay here, my fellow brothers." he announced. "Kill them now." The leader nodded as he charges his sword in the air as he galloped with his horse. The army reacted as they sprinted behind their leader.

Taeyeon creased her brows as she looked upon the army in front of her. "Remember. Our aim is to go to the other side and deal with the Kings. Take down every single body of these creatures."

The Soldiers and Queens regained their focus as they waited for Taeyeon's signal. Taeyeon counted for another 3 seconds until they take off. 3...for Yoona...2 for the team...and 1, for the Solitaire.

"ATTACK!" she shouted loud enough for the whole group to hear her echoes across the field. The Soldiers sprinted forward, together with the Queens. Taeyeon dashed in front as she met the leader of the army and charged her sword into the horse's right leg, causing it to neigh loudly and fell onto the ground. She managed to kick the leader's left leg as she grabbed her sword that was stuck into the leader's abdomen, coated with blood. She didn't notice a Jester was raising his sword high up in the air, aiming onto her neck. She gasped as she squatted quickly and her eyes shut. However, the Jester fell onto the ground as Wooyoung whacked him with his sword.

"Taeyeon!" Wooyoung crouched as he checked if she was hurt.

"I'm fine Wooyoung, let's go." she stood up and fought with him.

 

Nichkhun, Chansung and Junho were fighting viciously with two groups of Jesters. Chansung had an advantage since he was invisible, Junho was relaxed as he took down a few bodies consecutively, but Nichkhun struggled with a Jester who tackled him.

"Come on, attack me fool!" the Jester snickered as he jumped around Nichkhun. Nichkhun gritted his teeth and kicked the Jester's abdomen. The Jester winced while he clutched onto his belly. Nichkhun crouched down and grabbed a fistful of hair of his opponent. He punched his opponent's face as blood spat out from the Jester's mouth.

"Only fools call someone a fool. Too bad, you chose the wrong person." he stood up and walked away from the Jester. Nichkhun fought with a few more Jesters before he caught up with Junho.

 

Junsu froze everyone in his way, while Jay threw fireballs into every direction of the Jesters. However, Yonghwa got kicked from behind as he was about to release his arrow. Two Jesters approached him as they were about to beat him up. Yonghwa rolled to his right side, but achieved another kick towards his back. As the Jesters took out their daggers, Yonghwa's vision blurred as his head got heavy.

"YONGHWA!" Seohyun screamed as she released two arrows, pointing towards the Jesters' heads. Luckily, they stumbled across Yonghwa's body since the arrows were stuck directly into their skulls. She pushed away the opponents' bodies away from Yonghwa's.

"Yonghwa, Yonghwa!" she patted his cheek, while Yonghwa coughed out some blood. His vision was clear again, when he caught Seohyun's stare. He stood up while Seohyun supported him by holding onto his arm.

"Seohyun...I'm alright..." he coughed.

"No. I'll fight with you." she grabbed his arm and continued fighting.

 

Sungmin and Sunny paired up together as they fought with their opponents. When Sungmin kicks, Sunny punches. When Sunny punches, Sungmin kicks. The two had their teamwork going perfectly fine, not until Sungmin's eyes met Leeteuk's. Leeteuk mouthed, "Welcome back my brother." Sungmin groaned as he focused back into his battle.

"Sungmin, look out!" Sunny threw a dagger towards the opponent's left arm as he collapsed onto the ground. "Be careful."

"I'm sorry." Sungmin blushed as he wiped away the sweat that was forming on his forehead.

 

"Sooyoung, on your left!" Jessica pointed to a Jester who was behind Sooyoung. Jessica, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung were teaming up against three groups of Jesters in one corner of the field.  Hyoyeon did a backflip as her foot kicked the faces of the Jesters. Jessica tossed a dagger to Sooyoung and punched her opponents' abdomen. Sooyoung plunged the dagger directly at her opponent's heart.

"Good job Soo~" Hyoyeon grinned.

"It's a piece of cake."

"Dodge!" Jessica yelled as she leaped in the air and kicked the Jester who sneaked behind Sooyoung. "Careful, Sooyoung ah."

 

On the other hand, Taecyeon, Tiffany and Yuri sprinted forward as they got closer to the Kings. However, another batch of Jesters were blocking their way. Taecyeon stimulated a force-field around them, to protect themselves from their opponents. Tiffany constantly shot arrows, while Yuri threw daggers.

Taeyeon looked behind her shoulder as she found that most of the Jesters have died, with just a few more holding onto their last breath. She realized that someone was missing from the Kings, when she looked back to the other side of the field. Donghae's missing...so does Yoona. Where are they hiding? She bit her lower lip but her eyes widened when she noticed Leeteuk giving a signal to the others.

"GUYS!" Taeyeon screamed across the field as she witnessed the Kings running into the forbidden forest. She ordered everyone to follow them fast as she dashed through the Soldiers and Queens. Yuri managed to catch up with Taeyeon, with her ability of speed.

"Follow them Yuri. As fast as you can. We're behind you." Taeyeon struggled as she couldn't breathe properly. Yuri nodded and sprinted forward. Taeyeon noticed that the rest are following behind her.

"Are the Jesters dead?" she asked.

Wooyoung smirked. "Every single body, of those creatures."

"Good." she smiled.

 

Yuri stopped until she had seen the Kings running up the staircase, of the forbidden castle. Memories of the castle reminded so much, of what had happened 10 years back then. Back to reality, she eyed on Siwon who was guarding the wooden door. What the hell are they up to? Suddenly, she heard a woman's voice. That must be Yoona's!

 

 

__________________________________

Hello my fellow readers! ^^ You like the new poster? LOL xDD Credits to the owners of the pics, I just collaged :P AND SO, IT'S WAR! x) Oh right, I'm on a hiatus as well so, please don't expect me to update regularly @@'' I'll just update on random days HEHE! PPYONG! WE LOVE TAECYOON :DDDD