Abilities

Spades & Hearts

Junho and Chansung dashed at the same time. However, there were some obstacles that were blocking their way, that held back their time. They dodged, jumped and swiftly encountered them. When Chansung was in the lead, Junho sprinted towards him as laser seeped through his eyes. Chansung panicked as he made himself invisible. Junho clenched his fists while his eyes switched to an x-ray vision, examining the surroundings. He recognized a white human figure glowing brightly. Following the human, he didn't notice himself being kicked by the figure. He fell flat on the floor, while Chansung made himself visible again. Junho being outraged, caught up with Chansung quickly.

"2 minutes left!"

Hearing Taeyeon's reminder, Junho pushed Chansung which caused him slightly losing his balance on top of an obstacle. Junho dashed for another 5 metres as he jumped to save the Solitarian from the burning flames, underneath the platform. He placed the mannequin down on the floor as he skipped towards Chansung.

"Nice encounter."

Chansung smiled as he brushed away the dust on his shoulders. "Good job."

Both of them shook hands as they left the platform. They headed to the spectator's pit.

"Good fight Junho and Chansung!" Taecyeon patted their backs.

Both of them settled down onto their seats while they wiped off their sweats, forming on their faces with small towels.

Taeyeon ticked off both Junho's and Chansung's names on her checklist.

"Next up...Jay and Junsu."

Junsu shrieked in his mind since he might not have any chance to beat Jay. He's muscular while he himself look...just skinny. Jay stood up, with Junsu following behind him as they went down the stairs. They stepped on the platform, as they warmed themselves up.

"Good luck boys."

An alarming sound echoed across the room, as Taeyeon pressed a button. That signals the start of the race. Jay dashed forward as he glanced at the obstacles upon him. However, Junsu was smart enough to encounter them and automatically takes the lead. Jay sneered and unexpectedly felt something burning. He stared at his hands which were emitting flames. It only took him a few seconds to figure out the flames. It's my ability. Awesome. He looked up and witnessed Junsu running halfway, on the platform. Gaining all of his energy, he tried to reach out his hand and made a target towards Junsu. Enraging flames, seethed through his palms. Junsu noticed the fire as he abruptly held out his hands, as if it would protect him.

"WOAH." The crowd on the spectator's pit stared at the scene before them.

A mixture of fire and ice were battling against one another, Jay and Junsu trying hard to manipulate their powers. Jay stopped as exhaustion took over him and fell on his knees by a second. Without hesitation, Junsu grabbed the Solitarian from below when he leaped through the air. Catching his breath, he stood up and looked at Jay. He went towards him as he helped him to stand.

"Are you okay, Jay?"

Jay gave him a slight grin. "Yeah, I'm fine. Good job."

Both of them went back up as Jessica rushed over to Jay's side.

"Jaebeom! Are you alright?" she held his face carefully, with both of her hands.

Jay gazed at the beautiful human being before him. "What...? Oh yeah..."

"Sit down. You need some rest."

Jay sat down slowly but felt awkward when Jessica was sitting next to him as she gave him a bottle of water.

"Thank you."

"No problem," she winked at him.

Jay couldn't help but to smile while he looked away.

"Wow! That was really unexpected Junsu!" Taecyeon praised him, as well as the others.

"I didn't know I had it in me," he smiled as he sat next to Wooyoung.

Taeyeon stood up and turned around to look at the Soldiers. "Nice match, Jay and Junsu. Next up..." her fingers traced down the clipboard. The gentlemen didn't blink as they examined her actions, almost anxious of who were up next.

"Nichkhun and Wooyoung."

Both of the guys sighed as they hung their heads low. They made their way onto the platform and stood on their positions. Once again, the alarm rang off and both of them ran forward. It was different this time, since there was water among the obstacles faced. There stood a narrow pathway, that led towards the other side. Nichkhun carefully tiptoed, but slipped as he lost his balance. He fell inside the water and swam back on the platform. Wooyoung thought of another way, since the pathway was ridiculously narrow that, only a bird could stand on. Alas, he spotted some weapons in a corner and skipped off to get it. He grabbed two swords as he stood back on the platform. He stood still and started to spin around. Nichkhun rose an eyebrow as he examined Wooyoung. Wooyoung did some circular motions with the swords as he found himself, already floating in mid-air. Nichkhun and the crowd gasped as they stared at Wooyoung in amazement. Taeyeon tilted her head as she pondered. Levitation I guess.

Wooyoung grinned as he floated across the water easily, landing safely onto the next platform. Nichkhun's mouth was agape since he didn't know what to do, since he's stuck on the current platform. He had no choice but to dive back inside the water since he noticed a rope that was hanging onto the other side. Wooyoung already knew that victory was in the bag as he sprinted towards the Solitarian, hanging from above. He threw a dagger from his pocket, towards the rope that hung from above. He caught the mannequin in his arms and lied onto the floor, panting heavily.

"Good job Wooyoung!" The ladies yelled across the room.

"THANK YOU!" he shouted back, making the others giggle.

Nichkhun strolled towards Wooyoung and helped him up. "Nice match, Woo."

"Thanks Khun," he shook hands with him as they went back upstairs.

The gentlemen were cheering over Wooyoung, basically impressed with his ability.

"Alright, Sungmin won't be joining us since he's feeling unwell right now. So...last pair would be Taecyeon and Yonghwa."

Taeyeon ticked off all the names on the checklist as she glanced at the two men.

"Good luck," Taecyeon mouthed to Yonghwa as they stood onto their positions. The crowd from above, fell silent as they observed the last match. Yoona and Seohyun bit their lips nervously while they glanced over their partners. The alarm rang off and both of them glanced at the view among them. It was different because the platform changed into the scene of the woods and there were bows and arrows lying on the ground. Yonghwa has the advantage since he's an archer while Taecyeon dreaded to escape from Yonghwa. He ran as fast as he could, while Yonghwa picked up the bow and arrow. He placed the arrow along the string of the bow and aimed at Taecyeon who was running. He inhaled deeply as the oxygen filled his lungs and released the arrow.

Taecyeon who was dashing, felt something blinking in his head. He stood still and almost everything remained quiet in his point of view. He only heard an arrow gliding in the air, aiming in his direction. What feeling is this? Suddenly, he turned around and held out both of his hands, with his eyes shut. A figure of a force-field was surrounding Taecyeon and the arrow got thrown violently from the combat area. Yonghwa blinked a few times, with his mouth forming a small 'o'. The ladies on top got bewildered as well and the Soldiers stood up to witness a clear view of Taecyeon. Yonghwa aimed another arrow at him but this time, Taecyeon could control the weapon with a force-field that surrounded his hand. The arrow snapped, as soon as Taecyeon snapped his fingers. He smirked and noticed that there were only 30 seconds left to save the Solitarian.

Instead of competing with Taecyeon, Yonghwa helped him by cutting the rope with an arrow that he released. Taecyeon turned around to see Yonghwa, giving a thumbs up. The crowd from above went downstairs to congratulate the two. Yonghwa shook hands with Taecyeon and gave each other a friendly hug.

"Taecyeon! Why didn't you tell us?!" Wooyoung swatted his arm.

He winced. "My powers were hiding all this time. This room is something..."

"You were really strong Taecyeon," Yonghwa complimented.

Taecyeon only smiled as he scratched his head. Yoona went beside him as she poked his arm. He turned to look at her.

"Nervous eh?"

"Until my powers came up."

"Good job, Mr Ok."

He blushed when he felt a little awkward between themselves. Yoona chuckled as she crossed her arms and turned away. Taeyeon heard a knock on the door as she walked forward to get it.

She turned the door knob and saw Jisoo. "Yes?"

"Dinner is served your highness," Jisoo bowed.

"Oh...alright then. We'll be there in a minute."

Jisoo bowed and walked away while Taeyeon went back to the group. The chattering stopped when the group focused on Taeyeon.

"It's been a long day and well done my fellow Soldiers. After dinner, I would like everyone to gather in the living room. Now, wash up and be at dining room by 7pm. Questions?"

All of them shook their heads. Taeyeon nodded as she left the room with the other Queens lined up behind her. The Soldiers dispersed to their own respective rooms and washed up. They wore back their formal clothes and headed towards the dining room.

 

-At the dining room-

There were some chattering and whispering heard in the room. Nichkhun and Wooyoung were whispering with each other, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon giggling quietly and Jessica and Yuri speaking softly. Sunny noticed Sungmin being glum as he chewed on his food slowly.

"Sungmin, are you okay?" she whispered as she sat across him.

He looked up and nodded to assure her. Sunny observed him with concern while she ate her meal. After 30 minutes, Jisoo and Kyungsoo cleaned up the dining room as the Queens and Soldiers finished.

 

-At the living room-

Taeyeon sat in front of them while she read something on the clipboard.

"So, I have the results," she announced.

Silence overcame as all eyes were focused on the eldest Queen.

"It was fascinating because we have discovered a new talent, which is Wooyoung. Alright, I'll announce one by one. Jay, the Flame talent. Junsu, the Ice talent. Nichkhun, the Hunter. Taecyeon, the Protector. Wooyoung, the Levitation talent. Junho, the Cyclops. Chansung, the Invisible talent. Yonghwa, the Archer. And lastly Sungmin, the Shape-Shifter. Yes, I did a trial with Sungmin one time. So, welcome Soldiers~"

Taecyeon was engrossed in his thoughts as he leaned back on the couch. Protector? What an ability of mine... He laughed as he hit himself on the head.

"I guess that's it for today. Tomorrow, it will be a free and resting day for all of you. So enjoy it while you can. Good night everyone~" Taeyeon bowed as she walked away.

The Queens went back to their rooms as well, since they were thinking about rest all day.

"Good night." The Soldiers said in unison while they looked at the highnesses. The ladies looked back and winked at the gentlemen.

"Good night~"

Everyone scurried off to their bedrooms as the servants switched off all the lights. Taecyeon couldn't keep still on his bed as he thinks about tomorrow. Should I ask her out?...

 

_____________________________

Hello my dear readers! ^^ My apologies if I didn't update that soon, because I was really busyyy :( and this chapter is kinda crappy .__. ~ Anyway, thank you for your patience my dear subscribers! ;D Ppyong! ^^