Warning

Spades & Hearts

-Wooyoung's apartment-

Beads of perspiration formed on Wooyoung's forehead. It's quarter to midnight and Taecyeon still hasn't gotten back home yet. He couldn't sleep as he wondered what happened to the big guy. Hundreds of questions ran through his mind, thinking where in Solitaire could Taecyeon be. He sat down on the couch in the living room still, waiting for him.

 

-At the Palace-

After dinner, Yoona decided to drop by the guest's room while her eight sisters scattered to their own bedrooms. She quietly opened the doorknob and tiptoed inside. There lay Taecyeon, on the bed asleep. Yoona stood beside him. She observed his particular handsome face. Those gentle sleeping eyes, his sharp jawline, unusually large ears and his cute dimples. Yoona was fascinated how handsome this human being was. A smile formed on her face. Without thinking further, she regained focus and headed to her own bedroom.

The rays of the sunlight passed through the glass windows and the guest room was eminently bright. Taecyeon squinted his eyes before opening them. He tried stretching his arms but he felt something painful in his right shoulder. Then, it struck him. He re-called what had happened yesterday and he could only remember that he was plunged by a dagger from the merciless Jesters. He looked on his right and he saw a bandage with blood stains. His right arm was supported by a sling. He noticed that he wasn't in Wooyoung's house. The room looked more...exquisite. He stood up carefully and stood by the window. Woah. He was looking at the whole view of the Solitaire! Why am I always teleporting? Taecyeon couldn't close his own mouth. Suddenly, he heard a knock on the door.

"Come in?" He saw a figure of a beautiful woman coming inside. He was stunned by her long dark brown hair, those cute dimples, soft pink lips and doe-like mesmerizing eyes. Taecyeon thought that he was looking at a goddess as the woman wore a white gown made out of silk. 

"I believe you slept well. Despite your injury, that is. Good morning." Yoona greeted him with a smile.

Taecyeon was still captivated by her as he stuttered his words. "I...uhh...good morning Miss...?"

Yoona was taken aback. He didn't know she was a Queen? "Umm, I'm Im Yoona. Queen of the Solitaire." Taecyeon froze. He started to bow continuously. Yoona giggled at his reaction.

"Forgive me your highness! I'm a freshman..."

She rose her eyebrow. An outsider? "You're not a Jester right?"

"Of course not. I'm a Solitarian. I just happen to be new here. I'm sorry your highness."

"Please, stop apologizing. I won't eat or harm you. Call me Yoona. I'm really tired of people calling me 'your highness' this and that. Anyway, you're in the Palace. I saved your life from the Jesters. Count yourself as a lucky freshman," she smiled. Taecyeon felt himself blushing.

Yoona noticed his ears flushing red. "Omo, your ears are turning red," she chuckled.

Taecyeon held his ears in embarrassment. "It just turned like that...and thank you, Yoona-ssi for saving my life..." Both of them stared into each other's eyes for a moment with their faces leaning closer to one another until someone knocked on the door. Both of them backed away instantly.

"Breakfast is ready, your highness." Yonghwa bowed to them. He looked up and saw a stranger beside Yoona. 

"He's a guest in the Palace, Yonghwa-ssi. We'll follow after you." Yoona sensed that Yonghwa was puzzled. He left the room and marched to the dining room. Taecyeon and Yoona awkwardly followed behind him. Yoona noticed that her sisters were already ready to eat breakfast in the dining room. The Queens were surprised to see a tall and handsome man behind Yoona. They dropped all of their cutleries and focused their eyes on the two who were standing by the door. Taecyeon felt threatened as the aura was rather powerful and raging that was emitted by the Queens.

Taeyeon cleared . "Yoona, who's the freshman?" She didn't have to ask if he was a Solitarian or not as Taeyeon has the ability to read a mortal's mind. Taecyeon stepped forward to introduce himself. All nine pairs of eyes were now on him. Before speaking, he took a while to recognize their faces. Each one of them were blessed with beautiful facial features, enough for them to stand out in the room. 

"My name is Ok Taecyeon, your highnesses. I'm a new Solitarian." Taecyeon bowed properly infront of them.

"He was almost attacked by the Jesters. Luckily, I managed to defend him. I let him stay in the guest's room to cover up his wounds." Yoona looked at her sisters' expressions. All of them smiled in satisfaction.

The Queens welcomed him with sincerity, bowing their heads slightly. "Welcome to the Palace."

"Please, join us for breakfast." Taeyeon gestured Taecyeon to sit with Yoona. He felt his blood rising to his cheeks and ears. Yoona smiled at how he blushed furiously. Both of them sat down and started to eat their breakfast. The atmosphere in the room was awkward since the Queens kept their gazes on Taecyeon like, he was the prey and they were his predators. He felt uncomfortable so he kept his head down, not intending to make any eye-contact with any of them. All of a sudden, Yonghwa burst the doors open, breathing heavily.

"Speak," ordered Jessica.

"The Kings! The Kings your highnesses! They are at the front gates!" Yonghwa's voice trembled. All of them, except for Taecyeon, were appalled. The Queens briskly walked towards the front gate. Alas, it was true. Five of the Kings, were waiting for the Queens to invite them in. As the leader, Taeyeon bravely walked up to them.

"What do you want?" she snorted. 

Leeteuk, the leader of the Kings, smirked. "Shall we discuss inside?"

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "Better make this conversation quick."

The Kings followed Taeyeon as all of them gathered in the living room. Silence filled the room. Taecyeon timidly stood behind Yoona. The aura he felt was spreading vigorously in the room. He was sure that all of them had special abilities. 

Jessica broke the silence. "How daring of you guys to show your faces here." The 5 Kings glared at her. 

"We came here as we heard complaints from your land that our Jesters are killing your people? Which is suppose not to be done since we have made an agreement." Siwon stated. The Queens rolled their eyes out of annoyance.

"Not to worry, you can have the rights to kill them if we broke the deal. For now we would like to announce a warning but before that, we would like to suggest something." Leeteuk held out a piece of document.

The Queens didn't even bother to hear their irrelevant speeches. They knew their suggestions won't do any good.

"We would like to cancel this bloody war of ours and decided to request another idea instead to maintain peace between both parties," The Queens listened carefully to what they were saying.

"...we would like to merge with the Queens to rule the Solitaire. We are sincerely asking for your hands upon marriage. You won't regret this our dear royal highnesses." Leeteuk ended his short speech with a bow. The Queens gasped. Are they out of their minds?! They felt that they heard false statements coming from the Kings.

"HELL NO." The nine of them replied without hesitation. The Queens disapproved their childish request.

"Are you out of your minds? MARRIAGE for god's sake! Over our dead bodies, Kings." Taeyeon pinched her temples out of frustration. The Kings felt taken aback but they kept cool.

"Fine, a bloody war it is. You wouldn't know how easy it is to just accept us and you will have nothing to worry about." Siwon smirked. "Let's go guys. And by the way, prepare yourselves fast. Time is running out anytime soon." The Kings stood up and bowed.

Donghae approached Yoona and smiled. He tried to touch her face but Taecyeon prevented him by grabbing his wrist tightly. 

"Don't. Touch. Her..." Taecyeon shot a glare at him. Yoona was caught-off guard, taking a glance of Taecyeon.

"Who's this new servant of yours? You're pretty strong for a weak servant like you." Donghae laughed while Taecyeon grabbed his collar. Donghae gritted his teeth.

"Stop it! Donghae, just get out of here." Yoona pulled Taecyeon away from him before they could break into a fight.

"I'll get you back Yoona..." Donghae winked at her before he catched up with the other Kings. Yoona felt disgusted with his behaviour. The Queens dispersed once again and did their own things. Taecyeon looked at his watch.

"Yoona-ssi, I guess I have to leave now. My friend should be worrying about me."

"Oh, sure Taecyeon-ssi. I'm sorry about earlier. The Kings are just a pain in the neck."

"It's okay. Umm...alright, I should get going now." Taecyeon turned around and walked away but Yoona yelled at him.

"Taecyeon-ssi!...Thank you, about just now." Yoona blushed. 

"You're welcome."

"Please do drop by, if you're in trouble or if you can."

"I will." With that, they waved each other goodbyes and Taecyeon ran to Wooyoung's apartment.

 

-At Wooyoung's apartment-

Wooyoung heard a knock on the door. He dashed to the front door to see who it was.

"I'll explain later. I have to get some rest now." Taecyeon climbed up the stairs while he left Wooyoung standing there, dumbfounded.

 

___________________________________