Victory

Spades & Hearts

Taecyeon's eyes glistened as he stared at her face. Yoona was taken aback by his words that she had to re-consider her thoughts. What did he say? He...loves me? Yoona what are you thinking?! Yoona's mind was forcing her to kill Taecyeon, while her heart screamed at her to drop the spade. Tears dropping from her puffy eyes, her hand trembling while holding the spade. Kill him Yoona! Kill him! She tried to listen to her mind. Yoona, drop the spade. Drop it. But her own heart fought with her mind.

"Yoona, what in the world are you waiting for?!" Donghae raised his voice, tapping his foot impatiently. Yoona glanced at him as she had no idea of what to do that very moment. She closed her eyes and calmed herself. Yoona, listen to your heart. That's the most important thing. She gritted her teeth as he eyes fluttered open. Pointing her spade towards Taecyeon, she raised it up high and shrieked as her spade had flung towards Donghae's direction. Without noticing, Donghae grabbed his arm as blood was oozing down his slashed forearm.

"IM YOONA! HOW DARE YOU!" Donghae growled towards her. Yoona collapsed onto the floor beside Taecyeon, not believing what just happened to her.

"I'm free?" she muttered.

"Yoona..." Taecyeon sighed as he gazed at his goddess. "The spell broke, right?"

She nodded and smiled slightly. "I guess it's the power of our hearts."

"Yoona...look out!"

Yoona looked over her shoulder as she found Donghae raising up his own sword, preparing to land on her fair neck. She rolled towards her right and stood up quickly. Unfortunately, Donghae caught and locked her neck, with his arm surrounding it. Yoona choked as oxygen lacked inside her lungs. Without hesitation, he took out the syringe and plunged it into her neck. She wailed in agony as the serum was injected in her body, making her weak in an instant. This made Taecyeon growl as he forced himself to get rid of the chains that were preventing him to move. Donghae moved over to his side and bent down, smirking at Taecyeon.

"This one is for your own good Taecyeon-ssi." He plunged the syringe into Taecyeon's neck as well causing Taecyeon to calm down as his energy decreases.

 

Yonghwa and Tiffany were still at the first floor of the castle, waiting for the rest of the team to come back.

"They're taking too long Tiffany. Something has happened." Yonghwa informed her.

"Alright, I'll go check on them. Stay here."

Tiffany teleported onto the balcony of the ballroom, which was safe since she was in a secluded area. With slow steps, she took a peek inside the ballroom. She gasped as her jaw almost dropped, when she witnessed her sisters and Soldiers chained with metallic chains around their wrists and ankles. Oh god, they look awful! She tried to think as she remembered what Taeyeon ordered her.

 

*Flashback*

"So what is it that you want to tell me?" Tiffany asked as she roamed around her sister's room.

Taeyeon took out something from her drawer and sat up from her desk as she walked over towards Tiffany. She held out the golden pear in front of her.

"Oh, what's this?" Tiffany took the pear as she observed it carefully.

"It's the Golden Pear, the exotic fruit."

"Can I eat it?" Tiffany joked, which caused Taeyeon to let out a chuckle.

"If you dare. Anyway, I have something necessary to tell you Fany ah..."

"What is it unnie?"

"It's about the battle tomorrow. Now, listen carefully Fany. If anything goes wrong tomorrow, I'd like you to take this pear and let someone consume it alright?"

"Why? Is this pear special?"

Taeyeon nodded. "This pear...if consumed, the living creature will stimulate his/her/its own abilities making them the most powerful/strongest immortal in the land. It also contains all of the abilities that any immortal has, but due to its own excessive energy, it might provoke any violence/harm/aggressiveness which can lead to certain death. That's what makes it special."

"Then, what would you like me to do?"

"Only a mortal can consume it though, and among us it turned out that Yonghwa is the only one."

"What? Yonghwa? But why? He's a Soldier isn't he?"

"Yes I know Fany but what made him strong, was his skill and strength. And I would like to point out that Archers aren't really immortals, they're like normal human beings like the Solitarians just that they're talented people."

"Is that so? But you said that the pear can lead to certain death...why are we placing Yonghwa at risk?"

"Because we have no other choice Tiffany. The cure remains unknown and we'll have to find a way to save him after that. We're not using him alright, he plays an important role in this battle and he may sacrifice himself for the whole of Solitaire which is worthy."

"But unnie...I'm afraid."

"Who isn't? We have no other options left. Don't about death right now, there are tons of ways to fight against it. Now we just have to think of a way to rescue this kingdom and this might solve it."

Tiffany sighed as she held her forehead. "Okay Taeyeon, I get it."

*End*

 

Yonghwa! The Golden Pear! She teleported back to the castle and rushed into Taeyeon's room. She searched for the pear and rummaged all the drawers. There you are! She fished out the pear from the drawer, and teleported back to the castle.

Yonghwa waited patiently for Tiffany until a gust of wind passed through his face, knowing that Tiffany appeared right in front of him out of nowhere.

"You scared me."

"Sorry, Yonghwa. Okay I need you to listen to me. I'd like you to consume this golden pear and get rid of the Kings for us Yonghwa ah. I'm telling you that our team is not in a good state right now. The Kings are taking over once they're done with us perhaps."

"Wait...what?" he rose an eyebrow.

"This pear, on my hand...it will turn you into the most powerful immortal across the land. We can't beat the Kings as they have controlled us. Now, our only chance is you Yonghwa. We don't have much time left. Please..."

He gulped. "What will happen to me? If I ever get out of control?"

She smiled. "Do not worry now. We'll find a way to get you back to normal Yonghwa. I can't promise but...we'll try our very best alright?"

Yonghwa thought for a while as he found himself nodding. Tiffany held his hand as they teleported onto the balcony. He peeked inside the ballroom as his eyes widened.

"Ready?" Tiffany asked.

Yonghwa sighed as he took one last glance of Tiffany's appearance. He grabbed the pear and took a bite, slowly. As he munched away, he ate the whole pear as he felt something burning in his stomach. It felt like electricity flowing through his own veins as adrenaline triggered into his own body. He crumpled down onto the floor, sweat forming onto his forehead as he shuddered. Tiffany backed away from him when she heard him groan heavily. Yonghwa kneeled down as his head was facing the ground.

"Yonghwa...?" Tiffany murmured.

Yonghwa faced her, almost aghast when she noticed his eyes, glowing green. He stood up as he stepped forward, with Tiffany taking a step back. He creased his brows, but his brain signaled him that she was not an enemy. She leaned forward, and whispered to his ear.

"Get rid of the Kings." With this, Yonghwa grew alert as he nodded at her and made his way inside the ballroom. Good luck Yonghwa ah. Tiffany thought as she placed her fist over her heart, hoping that they would finally win this battle.

 

The Kings cheered as they prepared a toast for themselves, celebrating their 'victory'. Leeteuk went over to the Queens and bent down to face Taeyeon who was currently feeble at the moment.

"Oh look my dear. You look pathetic right now. Do not worry my queen, I will help you get better." Leeteuk scoffed.

Taeyeon forced herself to face him even though she lacked of energy. "You monster. I would rather die."

"Such a pity. All of you will die together anyway, if you would not like to join us."

She looked over Leeteuk's shoulder, spotting Yonghwa standing at the opposite side of the ballroom. She smiled.

"I bet you guys won't win."

"And what makes you say that? We have captured all of you and so, we have won."

"You missed out one perhaps." she grinned.

Leeteuk looked over his shoulder and noticed a Soldier standing at the other side of the room. He smirked as he stood up and flicked his robe.

"My brothers. How silly of us to leave out one Soldier. Now, let's get this over with..."

"I'll handle this." Eunhyuk sprinted forward as he threw a dagger towards Yonghwa. Apparently, Yonghwa caught it before the sharp end scrapes his cheek. Eunhyuk aimed a kick onto his back but Yonghwa took a step towards his left, missing his foot. Eunhyuk grumbled as he dropped flat onto the floor.

What is this? Leeteuk questioned himself as he ordered the rest of his brothers to attack. Unfortunately, that made Yonghwa even more vicious and skilful. The Kings surrounded Yonghwa in a circle, as they reached out their hands altogether and chanted a spell. All of sudden, a bright beam of light aimed towards Yonghwa which he couldn't escape from, any longer. He was trapped in the light that made him scream and growl. Getting out of control, he leaped from the ground, emitting a green glow sparking from his eyes, destroying everything in his way. One by one, Yonghwa killed the Kings that were approaching him. Siwon dropped dead onto the ground as Yonghwa plunged a sword against his heart. Blood spat out from Kyuhyun's mouth, as he got hit hard in the abdomen, Ryeowook blankly fell onto the carpet as an arrow was shot through his skull.

Tiffany from the balcony was quivering anxiously, wondering when Yonghwa will calm down at this rate. She heard him growling all over the place, it's as if he was a ferocious tiger unleashed. After a while, silence filled up the area. Tiffany stood up as she ran across the ballroom, finding her sisters and soldiers unconscious. She huddled over to Yonghwa who was topless, as there were minor scrapes along his arms and back. She scanned through the whole circumstance, knowing that most of the Kings have died under Yonghwa's wrath.

"Yonghwa! Yonghwa! Can you hear me?" Tiffany patted his cheek, checking if he was alright.

Yonghwa moaned as he felt something excruciating in his head. "It hurts...it hurts..."

"Yonghwa, stay with me alright? Keep yourself alive, come on Yong. Wait here."

Without any minute to waste, she freed her sisters, as well as the soldiers. Breaking the chains that were draining their energy, all of them felt revived. All of them gasped for air, breathing in and out. Taeyeon and the rest of the team huddled over to Yonghwa.

"How is he?" Taeyeon asked.

"Not looking good Tae. What are we supposed to do?" Tiffany said.

Taeyeon looked up and focused on Sunny and Taecyeon. "Sunny, Taecyeon. Can you cure him?"

Sunny sighed while Taecyeon shook his head. "Taeyeon, we don't have our abilities yet remember? The serum made us mortal." Sunny pointed out, disappointed.

"Oh...right."

"AHH! HELP ME! PLEASE!" Yonghwa yelled in agony as it has gotten unbearable.

"Yonghwa!" They turned their direction towards Seohyun who dashed towards him. "Yonghwa..."

Yonghwa's eyes fluttered as he could finally see Seohyun, alive. "Seo..."

"Yonghwa, you're going to be okay." She held onto his hand tightly, with tears trickling down her face.

"Seohyun..." Everything went silent as soon as Yonghwa closed his eyes, letting go of her hand gently. It took a while to realize that Yonghwa isn't breathing anymore. The Queens covered their mouths out of disbelief, tears threatening to fall down. The Soldiers held their partners in their arms, with tears blurring their vision as well. Taeyeon and Tiffany sobbed silently as they hugged each other. Seohyun stared blankly at Yonghwa still not believing he's dead. She laid her head onto his right chest, where his heart was as she closed her eyes, weeping melancholy. She looked up and held his face gently, brushing away his fringe gently and kissed him sweetly on his lips. "I love you." she whispered as she pulled away after a while, wiping her tears away with her hand.

Nichkhun looked over his shoulder, and noticed that Leeteuk was hiding behind the door.

"GUYS! It's Leeteuk! He's still alive!" he panicked. The team looked up as they witnessed Leeteuk running away from the door, down to the staircase.

"Let's go guys. We need to get him." Taeyeon stood up as she ran towards the door.

"Seohyun, let's go." Tiffany reached out a hand while Seohyun smiled as she held her sister's hand and took a last glance of Yonghwa before they left.

 

______________________________

My apologies if I didn't update fast ;__; internet problems T__T and this chapter was deleted so I had to re-write it again :X Anyway, hello again ^^~ and please do not be disappointed with this chappy my dear readers! The next chapter will be relieving! ;) Stay tuned~