CHAPTER 9

The Little Girl

Donghan approached Hyunbin who was waiting at the lobby.

“Yah, why are you here? Where’s Dawon?” Donghan asked. His voice trailed off panic as he looked around nervously.

“Wae? What’s wrong?” Hyunbin asked. “Dawon is upstairs with Mrs. Son. She said I don’t have to go with her since she wants to have a few moments to talk alone with Mrs. Son”

“I saw the car” “Who’s car?” “Eric’s” “WHAT?!”

“Let’s look for her. If that guy ever do anything to her” Donghan clenched a fist. “I’ll look for her” Hyunbin replied.

“Yah” Donghan held his hand. “You’re not going to teleport, right?”

“What choice do I have now? We need to find her fast” “We should never use our magic in public. Someone will saw us”

“Aish!” Hyunbin yanked his arm back in anger.

“Let’s look for her” Donghan pulled Hyunbin to run with him.

 

 

“Yah!” Dawon tried to yank her arm from Eric’s tight grip. “Let me go!”

“You know it’s hard for me to talk to you alone” Eric replied. They walked through the empty hallway where storage room located.

“Your guard and your friends are disturbing me” Eric snorted. “And they got on my nerve!”

“Let me go!” “Don’t worry, Wendy honey. I will never hurt you. I love you remember” “But I don’t like you!”

Eric’s steps stopped. He turned to her in disbelief. “What did you just said? I must have heard you wrong”

“No, Eric” Dawon yanked her arm. “You listen to me well. I don’t like you. I have no feelings towards you. And I want to call off our marriage”

Eric pushed her towards the wall. He gripped her arm to her side. He looked into her eyes. “Say that again and you’ll regret it” he leaned it. Dawon tried to push him off her but he was too strong. She tried to gulp for air but his lips on hers forbid her to do so.

Eric was suddenly fell onto the floor. Dawon flopped onto the floor. She started to sob.

“What the” Eric smirked and looked up. Donghan clenched his fist. “Aish, these jerks are here again” Eric stood before him.

“Wendy” Hyunbin rushed to Dawon. “You okay?”

Dawon couldn’t reply with words but nodded.

“You’re going to punch me?” Eric sneered Donghan. “Come on! But remember” Eric pointed to the CCTV at the ceiling of the hallway. “I will sue you later for hurting me”

Donghan flexed his arm with a smirk. “You sure don’t know who you mess with” he whispered under his breath. He looked up. Eric followed his gaze to the CCTV. The display of the CCTV where they were located in the control room suddenly lost connection. And so did a few other CCTV display that showed their location. Eric stepped backward. His mouthed was left agape. The CCTV was crushed before his eyes at Donghan’s stare. Donghan stepped towards him.

“Yah” Eric stuttered and stepped backward.

Donghan began to thrash him.

“Hyunbin” Dawon held onto Hyunbin’s arm. “Please…stop him” she voiced between her sobs. “Don’t let him hurt Eric”

*We can’t kill human. Or we’ll disappear. Remember that* Hyunbin remembered what Donghyun told them.

Hyunbin’s eyes widened and he ran to Donghan.

“Yah, Donghan!” Hyunbin pulled him off Eric. Eric groaned in pain. “Let me go!” Donghan struggled to free himself. “Let me kill this insolent human!”

“No, Donghan. We can’t hurt human” Hyunbin whispered to him. Donghan paused.

“Aish!” Donghan shouted in anger and sighed. Hyunbin let go off him. Donghan pointed to Eric. Eric swallowed his saliva in fear. “Please let me live!”

“You better not show up in front of Wendy again” Donghan warned. “And never talk about this to anyone. Or” he crushed his hand. Eric screamed in agony as he felt the pressure on his hand. Donghan opened his hand again and the pain on Eric gone. “I’ll make sure you never breathe again”

Eric nodded eagerly. The guys walked away from him. Donghan knelt before Dawon. “You okay?” Dawon nodded in reply. “We can’t walk out looking this miserable” Hyunbin told. “Then you have a better idea?” Donghan asked. “Yes. Since no one is here beside that dude” Hyunbin jerked his head to Eric.

“Yah” Donghan turned to Eric. “Nae, sir” Eric stood straight at his voice. “Turn around to the wall” “What?” “Do it!” “Nae nae” he stuttered.

Eric turned to the wall. He waited for a few moments but couldn’t listen to a single voice. He turned back to them but they were nowhere to be seen. Eric flopped onto the floor. He started to tremble. “Where did they go? They just disappear into thin air! They’re ghost!”

* * *

“We’re home” Hyunbin opened the door. “Welcome” Yehyeon looked up from the kitchen. His eyes widened.

“Yah, what happened?” Moonbok who was playing video games at the living room stood together with Donghyun. Donghan helped Dawon to enter the house. Donghyun saw Donghan’s bleeding face.

“Something happened. I’ll tell later” Hyunbin glanced at Dawon. “Let Dawon rest at her room for a while”

“Alright then” Moonbok took Dawon’s arm and walked her up to her room.

Donghyun helped Donghan to sit at the couch. Donghyun touched the wounds on his face to heal it. Hyunbin’s phone suddenly rang. “Hello”

“Teleport me there now” Sunghyuk voiced. “Alright” Hyunbin ended the call and looked up to see Sunghyuk stood before them.

“What happened? I sense Dawon’s feeling that I never felt before”

Hyunbin’s phone rang again and he answered it.

“Where are you?” Taedong asked. “Get me there”

Hyunbin looked up to Taedong before him. “Done” he ended the call and kept his phone away.

“Okay here’s what happened” Hyunbin began to tell them what had happened.

“It’s extreme distress that could lead to trauma” Sunghyuk replied. “That dude is lucky I’m not around at that time” Taedong crossed his arm up to his chest. “I would have freeze him alive”

“So we should give her some times alone” Donghyun turned to the second level of the house. And so did the others. He sighed. “It hurts to see her in this condition”

* * *

Dabin sauntered into her house compound. She dragged the door open. She the light and locked the door. She sighed and stepped into the living room while massaging her worn out shoulder. “I’m so tired” she flopped beside the wall of the living room. She turned to the side and saw the pond. She saw the vision of Dawon sitting at the balcony facing the pond. “Eonni”

“Dawon-ah” Dabin blinked back tears. “Where are you, Dawon-ah?”

She looked down to her hand that was holding the letter she just picked up from the post box. Dabin walked out to the balcony, her eyes glued to the red written letter in her grip. Her hands dropped to her side. The letter fell onto the wooden floor, and so did her tears.

| You are to clear the house by the next day |

“Looks like I’m unable to defend either my sister and our home” Dabin turned to the picture of her family hung on the wall. “I’m sorry everyone. I tried to keep this place. But it seems that the world is a cruel enough to kick me out of my one and only comfort zone”

Dabin dragged her feet into the living room again and locked the sliding door. The letter remained on the floor as she walked into her room. A hand lifted the letter and read it. Sunghyuk lifted his head to Hyunbin beside him.

“We should let Dawon know about this” Sunghyuk whispered. “But” Hyunbin sighed. “I don’t want to upset her more”

“Me too. But this” Sunghyuk turned to the letter again. He heaved a sigh. “We want both of them to be happy. Because that’s our mission. But I have to say, this not one easy quest”

Sunghyuk saw the wilting plants around the pond. He bent over to it. “I guess I can help cheer her up with this at least” he touched the plants and it bloomed. A smile formed on his lips. “I hope Dabin will smile tomorrow looking at this. They had these plants for a long time and I know how much they cherish these plants”

Sunghyuk turned to Hyunbin. Both of them disappeared from there.

* * *

Donghyun looked at both Hyunbin and Sunghyuk one after another. And so did the rest of the guys. They were at the living area in Wendy’s room. Donghyun glanced at Dawon who was already asleep on the bed.

“Should we tell her?” Moonbok asked. “But Dawon will be more distress. This is too much for a little girl like her”

“I don’t think we should tell her” Donghan voiced. “I don’t want her to become more stressed. She had too much for one day”

Donghyun sighed. “Can we just help Dabin using Wendy’s money first? Then we can pay her back”

“I thought about that too” Yehyeon nodded. “So?”

Taedong nodded. “I agree. Since we exist to make both of them happy. We can just risk ours to make them smile again”

Donghyun looked at Hyunbin, Sunghyuk, Moonbok then Donghan. “Alright then. Looks like we have our conclusion to this problem. I’ll settle this the first thing in the morning tomorrow”

  1. then. I’m off to bed then” Taedong got up and approached the bed. He lifted up the blanket and laid beside Dawon. In a glimpse he disappeared and turned into the doll.

The other stood and moved to the bed. Donghyun stood and accidentally stepped onto something. “What’s this?” he picked up the book. He went through the pages and smiled. “It’s Dawon’s diary” He turned to a page. “This is today’s entry”

| Like a dream. I saw Dabin eonni again today. Thanks to them, I able to meet her again. But eonni doesn’t look like she enjoys her days in the new school. The guys may think I’m too little to understand the whole situation but unfortunately, they’re wrong. I know. I have been in that situation too before I transfer school. Dabin eonni is bullied at school. Now that explains why she always do her homework twice. The other copy was for the bullies. But all this while after we transfer school, never had once she tells me how upset she was at school. She always tells me about the fun things she learnt at school, and all the spectacular events happen at school. But little that I realise, she always left herself out from the picture. I never thought she had been hiding herself from other students. Or maybe they left her out. She’s an outcast. Why did they do that to my sister? Dabin eonni never done anything wrong to them. I know her. She wouldn’t cause other people trouble as long as she can do something on her own. But sometimes I wish I could scream at eonni. She should not keep all her suffer to herself. If only she sees me as a grown up person, she would share her problems with. She doesn’t have to keep all her pain to herself.

Dabin eonni, please have faith in me. Because I have faith in you. Same goes with my dolls. I have faith in them.

They explained to me today something complex but amazingly I’m able to understand it. Well, they will vanish if I still disbelieve in them and what is happening right now. And I believed in it. Because it hurt that it feels too real. I’m so lucky to have my dolls around with me. Well, they’re not dolls anymore. They had been a great help to me. And I wish I can repay them. Dolls… I don’t think that even suitable for them anymore. Maybe guard? Or fairy godmother? But they’re guys. What should I refer them as actually? What are them actually? The world sure is a complex thing to understand… |

Donghyun smirked and turned to Dawon. “You’re one funny kid, you know Dawon” he kept the diary on the table.