CHAPTER 34

The Little Girl

“Your sister is awake I think” Yehyeon struggled to speak. “Wendy eonni?” “We don’t have much time now”

                Dawon shot up and dashed out from the house.

*             *             *

                Hyunbin, Moonbok and Donghyun were running through the pavement. Donghyun rang Yehyeon. “Yehyeon-ah”

“Donghyun-ssi” “Seungmi-ssi? Where’s Yehyeon?” “He…” Seungmi was panting hard and she glanced down at two dolls in her grips as she was chasing Dawon.

                Hyunbin and Moonbok skipped to Donghyun again. “They turned into dolls?!”

“What do we do now?” Moonbok voice sounds hopeless. “I’m chasing Dawon. She’s heading to the accident street”

                Hyunbin’s head snapped around. “We’re already around that place”

“Listen, you guys” Seungmi started. “There is this one Grandma that I know. She used to be like Dawon. Meeting you guardians. From her story, it seems that you have not much time left since you almost end your mission. What’s your mission anyway?”

“Neither save Dawon or Dabin from death” Donghyun replied. “But we decided to save both of them”

“But what about you guys?” “What’s the point of saving ourselves when we’re suppose to protect our girl?” he smirked. “Anyway, Seungmi, just take care of Dawon for us. We’re on our way to Eric. Since he had Sunghyuk, he’s on his way to the hospital to reveal to your parents”

“What! No way! Darn it, Eric! Alright I’ll do as you say”

*             *             *

                Dabin looked down to the bouquet of daisies in her arms. The fragrance brought smile to her face. She started to walk away from the shop. *Road closed?* She saw a few construction workers put up sign to close a road from use of cars. *But I can still walk around it* Dabin shrugged it off and walked through the pavement. The road was quiet with no vehicles using it.

 

“Dabin-ah!”

                She looked up to see Jaehyun waving at her from pavement across the road. Dabin waved back with a smile. Hyunbin, Donghyun and Moonbok stopped in the alley as they saw Dabin across the road. “She’s fine” Donghyun sighed with a smile.

                Dawon stopped as she saw Dabin approached the road.

“Dawon-ah!” Seungmi shouted as she lunged to her. Dabin looked up as she heard the name. She met eyes with Dawon for a bit before their heads snapped to the loud bang produced from car hitting down the road sign ahead of them.

“Excuse me” a little girl’s voice could be heard. Hyunbin, Moonbok and Donghyun turned to their side to see…

“Wendy” Moonbok called out. The little girl looked up to the wide screen on the tall building before them. “4th July?”

                Hyunbin suddenly groaned in pain. A doll fell onto the floor as he returned as doll. “Hyunbin-ah” Moonbok gasped. Donghyun’s head snapped from Hyunbin to the car sped down the road towards Dabin. *Dabin!* A tear slid down his cheeks.

                Dawon ran towards her sister. Her surrounding appeared to become slower, almost freeze completely. Two other dolls fell onto the floor. Jaehyun’s eyes widened as he witnessed the car sped towards Dabin who was crossing the road with his cousin there. Dawon grinded her teeth as she took another steps towards her. Dabin shut her eyes, anticipating the loud thump on her weak body that could kill her.

*Please let me use your magic just this once!* Dawon wrapped her arms around Dabin to pull her away.

                The car suddenly diverged to the roadside onto the empty pavement before stopped with a loud shriek. Eric who was at the driver seat groaned in pain.

                Dabin opened her eyes slowly to see herself across the road. Dawon was beside her, eyes closed. Both already fell onto the pavement.

“Wendy-ssi!” she shook her body. Dawon opened her eyes slightly. She gave her a faint smile and reached to her face. “Dabin eonni”

“Dawon?” Dabin was disbelieve. Dawon smiled and slowly her eyes began to decrease the gap. She saw a small girl figure near her with the three dolls in her grip. Dawon’s hands fell to the side.

“Dawon? Wake up!” Dabin shook her body with tears fell down her cheeks. “Wake up!”