CHAPTER 16

The Little Girl

                Dabin bent over to take the canned drink she bought from the machine at the ground level of the school.

“I’m thirsty” she sang to herself as she opened it. But it got snatched away.

“Thanks” Jaehyun walked away with the drink. “Yah” she hissed. “He should at least pay me back” she pouted.

“Aaah!” she groaned in pain as something hit her head and fell onto the floor. Dabin bent down to take the coin and lifted her head to Jaehyun. He waved without looking at her. She smirked. “He heard me, I see”

*             *             *

                Dawon was strolling around the school with Donghyun.

“Donghyun-ah” she called. “Nae” Donghyun answered, still looking at the surrounding. Dawon remembered about the pictures she found between the books the other night.

“Dawon-ah?” “Oh. Nothing” “Come on tell me”

“About the calendar” “Calendar?” “I saw the date ‘5th July’. It was circled. What’s with the date?” “5th July” he rephrased it and looked away. “Yes. What’s with the date? Is there something important that I need to know?”

“No. Not at all” “Then what’s with the date?” “I don’t know. I don’t know why Wendy have that date marked on her calendar” “I thought you know everything about Wendy eonni” Dawon pouted. “Never mind then”

                Dawon went to the phone. “Moonbok said he’s at the cafeteria”

                Donghyun and Dawon took their meal. Donghyun looked around, trying to look for Moonbok.

“There” she pointed to one of the table where Moonbok, Hyunbin and Donghan were. The female students around them enjoying the sight of them and some of them even took photos quietly.

“They sure have many fans here” Taedong joined them. “Taedong-ah” Dawon smiled to him. “Come let’s eat!” he led their way to them.

“Aren’t you guys eating?” Donghyun sat beside Donghan. “We already ate” Donghan replied.

“You have many fans, Moonbok-ah” Dawon teased Moonbok beside her. “Yea” he flipped his hair. “I know that” he grinned proudly. She chuckled and rolled her eyes.

                They enjoyed their lunch in peace and chatter.

“I have a question; you guys” Dawon took their attention. They looked up to her from their bowls.

“5th July”

                Taedong suddenly coughed as he choked on the soup. Hyunbin patted his back and helped him have a cup of water.

“How do you know about the date?” Donghan asked. “I saw it was marked in the calendar in the room. Maybe that date is important to Wendy eonni. I need to know if I have to prepare for anything for that day” she replied.

“That date” Hyunbin met eyes with everyone and lastly to Dawon. “It’s…”

 

                A tray of food spilled onto the floor followed by a female student screamed in anger. Everyone turned to the queue. Naeun stared down at Dabin. Dabin already fell onto the cold floor, her food smeared to her clothes.

“Eonni” Dawon sprag up. “Dawon-ah” Donghyun pulled her to sit again. She glanced at him and bit her lips, trying to keep herself from saying another word as she knew she would curse every single being present there. Dawon turned to look at Dabin again.

“I know you’re the one who told him about it!” Naeun snarled. Dabin stood and brushed the dish off her shoulder. She glared at her. “You got the wrong idea”

                Naeun clenched on her collar. “I know you have that picture. Give it back!”

“You’re right” Dabin replied calmly. She held on her hands and yanked her arms off her collar. “But so you know I keep it safe away from anyone’s view” Dabin took out her pocket notebook in her pocket. She flipped through the pages and took a piece of polaroid picture. She shoved it into her palm. “Next time you want to cheat on your boyfriend, do it wisely”

“You’re in no position to give me such advice” “Tsk” Dabin chuckled. “Looks like you have no idea about it right?”

“What do you mean?” “The whole school had been talking about it. You picture with your new boyfriend went viral without you knowing”

                                                                                                                  

“Yah, Jaehyun” Jongup threw his arm around Jaehyun on his shoulder. “Jongup-ah, let’s eat” Jaehyun chuckled. “I can even your stomach sing from miles”

“You’re kidding me” Jongup held onto his stomach. “Looks like I need to wear a think clothes so the sound doesn’t escape”

“You seriously buying it?” Jaehyun chuckled.

                Their steps paused as they saw Dabin and Naeun with everyone’s attention on them.

“What’s going on?” Jongup asked but Jaehyun already stormed towards them. Jongup’s phone beeped as he received a message. He opened it to find that it was from the class chat room. He clicked the image he received open. It was the picture of Naeun with Minho. “Jaehyun” Jongup whispered.