CHAPTER 22

The Little Girl

                Dawon went down the stairs and walked to the dining area. Mrs. Son was helping Yehyeon with serving the dinner. Dawon saw a few extra servings.

“Hi, dear” Mrs. Son placed the main dish on the center of the table. “Anyone coming?” “Yes, your aunt’s family”

                The doorbell was pressed. They turned to the door.

“They must be here already” Mrs. Son smiled. “Can you open the door for me, Wendy?”

“N-nae” Dawon nodded and approached the door.

                Dawon opened the door. Wendy’s aunt stood there.

“Aigo, Wendy-yah” the older woman greeted. “Hello” Dawon bowed. “Please come in”

                The older woman stepped into the house. Dawon turned to close the door but paused. “You!”

“Wassup!” Jaehyun stood there smilling at her. “Wendy noona”

“You’re here” Mrs. Son joined them and hugged Mrs. Kim.

“Aigo, Jaehyuni” Mrs. Son smiled as she saw Jaehyun. He bowed to her. “Hello, aunty” 

“Come in” Mrs. Son lead them to the dining table. Dawon was left alone, shocked. “That guy who used to disturb eonni. What’s he doing here? He’s Wendy eonni’s cousin?!”

“Wendy dear” Mrs. Son called. “Come join us”

“Nae. Coming” Dawon quickly closed the door.

*             *             *

                Dawon looked ahead at Jaehyun who was eating across her.

“So tell me Wendy” Mrs. Kim took her attention. “Everything is okay in your office?”

“Nae, I guess” Dawon nodded but a little hesitate. Mrs. Son chuckled and caressed her head. “She’s trying to catch up again after the accident”

“Oh, I understand” Mrs. Kim nodded. “You’re okay right, Wendy? The accident seems serious though”

“Nae. I’m totally fine” Dawon replied with a smile. “But I’m kind of recovering too now. My memory seems to have a bit problem”

“Omo! Have you check with the doctor?” “We did” Mrs. Son replied. “The doctor said it’s normal and our family should help her to slowly regained 100% of her memory”

“That explains why you looked so shocked to see me, noona” Jaehyun smirked. Dawon faked a smile and nodded. “Yea” *I’m never threating this guy nicely! He disturbs Dabin eonni and I’m going to make him suffer!*

“That” Jaehyun pointed to the picture arranged on the drawer near the table. The picture on the left side was a picture of a little girl with another little boy. “Is the picture of us when we were small. We’re close, you know. You used to say I’m your favorite person in the world”

“I did” Dawon chuckled. “I should really catch up on things quick, I guess”

“Don’t worry” he took another sip of the juice. “I’ll help you regain your memory, noona”

                His eyes went to the plates of garlic bread near her. “Noona can you help pass me the mushroom soup?”

                Dawon’s eyes went to the bowl of mushroom soup in front of her. She faked a smile. “Of course” she stood and took the bowl. “Let me fill it in your bowl” she took the ladle and began to scoop the soup into his bowl. “Thank you” he picked up the spoon, ready to dig in. Dawon smirked evily and pretended to cough while she flipped a ladle of the soup towards him. The soup spilled onto his shirt. Both the mothers who was busy chatting gasped.

“Omo! I’m so sorry, Jaehyun” Dawon quickly put the bowl down. She met eyes with Yehyeon was watching them for a while. He shook his head. She hid her smile.

                Jaehyun wiped his shirt with the napkin. “It’s okay, noona” He stood.

“Go get that change” Mrs. Kim suggested. “Oh right! Noona” he turned to Dawon. “You still keep my shirts in your closet right? I should get change” Jaehyun went to the stairs.

*They’re in the room!* Dawon’s eyes widened. She stood and ran to the stairs. “Jaehyun! Wait!”

 

 

“Yah, let me listen to that song” Sunghyun took the headphone from Hyunbin’s head. Hyunbin rolled his eyes but just let him be. Moonbok and Donghan were playing chess with Donghyun watching them. “You’re losing, Moonbok-ah” Donghyun jeered him. Donghan made another move. “Aniya!” Moonbok shouted.

“Yah” Donghyun hissed. Moonbok quickly covered his mouth with his palm.

                Jaehyun stopped in front of Wendy’s room. “Did I just hear someone scream?” he tilted his head. “It’s coming from inside” he turned the knob. “Jaehyun” Dawon arrived on the upper landing. Jaehyun pushed the door open. She covered her eyes quickly, ready for the bad outcome. 

                The guys lifted their heads to the door as they heard a series of footsteps ran towards the room and stopped. Jaehyun turned to Dawon. “What’s wrong, noona?”