CHAPTER 27

The Little Girl

                Seungmi covered Dawon with blanket as she fell asleep on her bed. Seungmi walked out of her house to the rooftop. She stepped onto the puddle the rain left few hours ago. She looked up to the dark night sky. “What’s going on actually? She doesn’t look okay”

                Seungmi turned to walk away from the edge she was standing. Her eyes slightly widened. Hyunbin was standing there before her.

“Where’s Wendy?” “Eonni is inside” Seungmi nodded to her house. “But I guess I’ll take care of her until she’s okay”

“What happen?” Seungmi asked. “You didn’t hurt her don’t you?”

“No way. My job is to protect her” he sighed. “Never mind then. Thanks for taking care of her. Make sure you do it correctly”

“I know what I’m doing. She’s my sister after all”

                Hyunbin gave her a glanced before walked towards the stairs.

“Go on” Seungmi’s voice made him turn to her again. “Use your power or whatever you want to disappear. Just like how you suddenly stand there. I know you’re not human”

                Hyunbin turned to her and smirked. “Thank you for understanding, Son Seungmi” he walked forward and vanished. Seungmi smirked and turned to the scenery again. “I wonder what he is. Angel?” she smiled to herself. “He’s quite cute though”

*             *             *

                Dawon walked out from the room after washed up. Seungmi looked up after put the hot pot on the dinning table. “You’re up already”

                Dawon nodded weakly. “Come let’s have breakfast” Seungmi pulled out a chair for her. Dawon sat. “Thanks”

                Dawon ate the breakfast in silence. Seungmi stole glances at her.

“What happen, eonni? Can you tell me? Maybe I can help you if you tell me” Seungmi suggested. “No” Dawon replied. “I don’t think anyone can help me”

“Does this have anything to do with that guy who always follows you around?” “No. Well, part of it” “Does it have anything to do with him being not human?”

                Dawon shot her eyes to her. “How do you know?” Seungmi smirked. “You should tell him to keep his secret safely. The one with scary face. Last night, he was here. Looking for you”

“Hyunbin?” Dawon asked. “So that’s his name. Can you tell him that I think he’s cute?” “Seriously, Seungmi? Cute? Give me a break” Dawon chuckled.

                Seungmi smiled. “There goes the smile. It’s so weird to see you with no smile”

                Dawon smiled, looking down shyly.

“So what happen? What did those ‘guys’ did to you?” “Seungmi, since you know about him, do you care if you know more about ‘us’?” “Sure” Seungmi nodded. “Even if it the craziest thing I will hear; I think I can believe it since I saw the weirdest thing last night” 

*             *             *

“So you’re not suppose to call me informally right Dawon?” Seungmi smirked. “Nae, eonni. Sorry” Dawon chuckled. “It must be hard for you to live in someone else place” Dawon nodded in reply.

“But thank you for helping me come back into the family again. I really appreciate your effort” “No mention. I just do what I should do. I can’t see someone else’s sisterhood broke in front of me. Now that I’m lending your sister’s body, I should repay her”

“I’ll tell my sister what you did when she’s back” “Tell her that I thank her a lot for lending me her life” “Sure”

“So about your sister” Seungmi mentioned. Dawon’s shoulder fell. She sighed. “I don’t know what to do about it. Maybe I should just accept it”

“Nobody can avoid death” Seungmi voiced. “If I were in your situation, I will spend the whole time with her. Making her smiles every single moment. Although the bad news hit me, I should not let it stop me from making my own sister happy”

                Dawon looked up to her. “Thank you, eonni” she wiped her tears. “Aigo” Seungmi caressed her head. “We’re both little sister. That’s why I understand how you feel” she touched her face.

“Dawon-ah, you’re burning up” Seungmi checked her temperature. “Maybe because of last night”

“I guess so” Dawon chuckled.

“I can’t let you walk alone in this condition. Do you have your guardian’s phone number?”

                Dawon nodded. “In the pocket of my jacket”

                Seungmi stood and went into the room.

*             *             *

                Donghyun walked into the house. Seungmi glanced back at him behind her after she invited him in. Dawon looked up from playing with a few dolls in the living room. “Donghyun-ah!” her face lit up. “Wendy!” he quickly knelt before her. His eyes went to length of her body to check for any injury. “You okay?”

“Sure” Dawon nodded.

“You can just call her Dawon if you want” Seungmi crossed her arms up to her chest. “I don’t mind”

                Donghyun’s head shot up to her. “How do you-“ Seungmi shrugged and jerked her head to Dawon. “She told me everything already. So you are kind of a lost soul? Since she said you’re dead”

“You can say that” Donghyun smirked. “But what amazing is you can easily believe her”

“Of course. I’ve seen prove myself. That friend from last night. Tell him to hide his power or other people will know about you guys”

                Donghyun turned to Dawon and titled his head in confusement. “Hyunbin” she answered. “Ah” he brought his hand together as he just remembered about Hyunbin teleporting around last night trying to look for Dawon. “That guy really need someone to talk some sense into him”

“Dawon said each of you have different magic. So what’s yours?” Seungmi asked. “Oh” Donghyun touched Dawon’s forehead. “I can heal” His palm glew as Dawon felt a tiggling of coolness sent through her veins and her body temperature started to descend. Seungmi let out a slight gasp. She approached Dawon and felt her forehead.

“Woah you’re all healthy again!” Seungmi mouth still agape. Donghyun smirked and stood. “Let’s go home now”

                He turned to Seungmi and bowed. “And thank you for taking care of Dawon”

“Nae sure” Seungmi replied. “I should be the one who thank all of you. All of you had done many things to help my family, my sister” her eyes landed on Dawon. The girls exchanged smiles.

                Seungmi followed them out to the rooftop outside. Dawon bowed. “Thank you, Seungmi eonni”

                Seungmi suddenly pulled her into a tight embrace. Dawon stunted.