CHAPTER 14

The Little Girl

“Yehyeon-ah, your turn” Donghan walked out of the bathroom with towel covering her lower part of body. Dawon and Donghan met eyes. Her eyes widened and quickly buried her face into the cushion in her hand. “What are you doing?”

“Cleaning myself” Donghan dried his hair with another towel. He looked at Yehyeon between his wet bangs. “Why didn’t you warn me about Dawon?”

“Ah so it’s my fault” Yehyeon put the book aside and grabbed a towel nearby. He smirked and punched him on his bare chest. “Say sorry to her, mate” He went into the bathroom.

“Donghan-ah, hurry up” Dawon murmured against the cushion. “Wait a sec” Donghan went to a corner and put on his clothes.

“Dawon-ah” he called. Dawon peeked through the cushion. He was already clothed. “I’m sorry”

“Nah it’s okay” she chuckled nervously. “I’m going to bed then” he avoided her eyes contact and scratched the back of his neck. “Yea good night” “Good night” he approached the doll house before vanished.

Dawon sighed in relieve. “That was awkward” she stood and took her diary from the shelf. She sank into the armchair there and started to write the entry.

| I wonder if Wendy eonni have any enemy. She was too perfect. Well… it’s not that I like to find someone else’s weakness. It just sometimes freaks me out that she has a super perfect life. She might have huge weakness that can even put her in danger.

She received a quite scary text messages lately. They told me that it’s from someone who might cause Wendy eonni’s accident. Maybe Wendy eonni’s accident was really intentionally done by someone. But who did it? I should figure this thing out while I’m still in her body. Someone might try to harm her again in future and I wish I can warn her from this diary. But I need to know the person who sent the message and the person who hit her. Does these two individuals have any connection? They could have, right?

  1. about the guys. I figured out now. They’re my guardian. Just like when they were dolls. They’re still my guardians. I’m so thankful to them. Today, Hyunbin fainted. And they told me that maybe because he used too much of his energy at a time. So they have a certain limit to their magic. But I should look after them better because I don’t want them to hurt themselves. It hurts to see someone I care so much sick because of me. |

Dawon was about to write the date of the day. She turned to the calendar on the table. “It’s 29th May” she wrote the date and put the diary aside. Dawon went to the calendar again.

“5th July” she saw the date was circled. “What’s with the date? Is it an important date? I should ask them next morning”

* * *

Dawon fell asleep on the sofa. She blinked her eyes open and dragged her feet to the bed. She sat beside Hyunbin who was still unconscious. Dawon stared at his face. She took his hand and placed it in hers. “You need to wake, okay Hyunbin?” she whispered. She stood and entered the bathroom for a while. She came back with a wet towel in her hand. Dawon slowly and carefully wiped his face.

* * *

Hyunbin slowly opened his eyes. He held onto his heavy head. “I must have fainted again” he turned to the clock on the sidetable. “It’s still early” He tried to sit up. He felt a weigh on his hand. He looked down to his hand. A smile formed on his lips.

Dawon fell asleep, head on the bed. Her hand grip tightly onto his hand.

“I’m sorry, Dawon” he whispered and caressed her head. “I must have make you worry”

 

 

He lifted Dawon carefully bridal style and placed her on the bed. He pulled the cover over her body. Hyunbin smiled at her and turned to the doll house. *They must be in there* He turned to Dawon again before vanished with a flash of light.

Dawon turned to the other side of the bed and pulled the doll into her embrace. The doll who never like to smile smiled at her touch.