CHAPTER 33

The Little Girl

“We turned into dolls again and slept in our doll house since you and Donghyun aren’t home last night” Donghan continued. “I asked Mr. and Mrs. Son if someone came last night. They said Eric paid a visit to meet Wendy but they said you’re not around. So he didn’t stay for long” Yehyeon stated. “Sunghyuk was the last one to go to bed. I remembered he said he will take shower and later sleep so we thought it’s okay for us to go to sleep first. Aish! We should have waited for him” “But then I think Eric came into Wendy’s room just before Sunghyuk could enter into the doll house” “Hyunbin had checked the CCTV and saw Eric did come to the house. His coat pocket was seen stuffed with something when he walked out. We guessed Sunghyuk was kept into his pocket and Eric ran away with him”

                Dawon’s eyes still widened. “What should we do now? We have to get Sunghyuk back!”

“Donghyun, Hyunbin and Moonbok are tracking Eric down. But it’s hard to track that guy” Yehyeon replied. “Did you know what he talked about with Wendy eonni’s parents?” “They told me he came to discuss about the engagement. He said he still want to proceed with the engagement. But both Mr. and Mrs. Son said the two family should gather and discuss about that matter again later. Eric agreed with it”

                Dawon’s phone rang. The caller ID displayed ‘Seungmi My Sister’.

“Hello, Seungmi eonni” “Dawon-ah…” Seungmi’s voice was weak. “Eonni, you okay?” she began to panic. “Donghan, we need to head to Seungmi eonni’s house now!”

*             *             *

                Hyunbin ran to Donghyun and Moonbok who was waiting at the lobby of Wendy’s office. Hyunbin doubled over and shook his head. Both Moonbok and Donghyun sighed in frustration. “Where the did this guy go?!” Moonbok grunted.

“No one ever sees him in the office lately” Hyunbin informed. “Aish! I’m seriously tired now that I can’t teleport!”

“Where can we find him?” Donghyun sighed as he pulled his hair back.

“Now that all of us lost our magic, it’s hard to look for him” Moonbok stated.

                Donghyun answered his phone as it rang.

“Seungmi’s place?” his eyes trailed to the other two men. “Nae” he ended the call and turned to them who was anticipating his next words. “Donghan is taking Dawon to Seungmi’s place”

“What happen?” Hyunbin asked. “Seungmi said last night she was supposed to come visit us but she bumped into Eric” “That guy did something to her?!” “I’m afraid he did”

*             *             *

                Dawon bursted into the house located at the rooftop. “Seungmi eonni!”

                Seungmi gave her a faint smile as she met her in her room. Seungmi was in her bed, head bandaged. Dawon helped her to sit up. “What happen, eonni? You okay?”

“I still feel dizzy” Seungmi sighed but she mustered a smile. “Unfortunately I couldn’t save your guardian last night. Sorry, Dawon-ah”

“Aniya eonni. I’m gonna kill Eric when I see him later!”

“Dawon” Seungmi held on her hands. The two girls locked eyes. “I have something to tell you”

*             *             *

“Ahyeon-ah, I will grab some flower from my friends’ store” Dabin told Ahyeon who was busy carrying decoration for their festival booth. “You sure you don’t want me to come with you?” “No it’s okay. You’re already busy. I’ll be back in a while” “Be careful”

                Dabin took her stuff and waved at Ahyeon. “Sure no worry”

 

                Ahyeon watched as Dabin skipped out from the gym they were busy making preparatioin for the festival on the next day. Jaehyun saw Ahyeon and followed her gaze. “Where’s Dabin going?”

“She said she want to buy some flowers for the festival at her friend aunt’s store” Ahyeon replied. “I want to go with her but she said she can go by herself”

“I’ll go with her then. But let me settle some things first” “Sure. Thanks, Jaehyun”

 

*             *             *

“There is this one Grandma I know” Seungmi met eyes with the three of them. “She used to work at the old toy shop near here. I always visit her shop since we often bump into each other. Her house is just a few blocks away. She used to tell me about how she met with the death who came to help her confess to her crush when she was young”

                Dawon met eyes with Donghan and Yehyeon. “You mean-“ Dawon paused. Seungmi nodded. “Just like you, Dawon. I just figure out her story after I met you. I thought she was just telling some random tale so I didn’t pay much attention to it”

“Eonni, I think I met this Grandma the other” “You sure?” “Yea. The other day, both Donghyun and I saw her in the midst of people” “That’s absurb”

                Dawon stared at Seungmi, eyes widened.

“She’s dead 2 months ago, Dawon” Seungmi stated that made Dawon gasped. “No way”

“But you do remember her story right?” Yehyeon asked. Seungmi nodded. “But not that very detail”

“Tell us anything that you know about us. Please” Donghan added. “It seems that we don’t have much time left with Dawon”

“What do you mean?” Dawon asked, confussed. Donghan and Yehyeon avoided her eye contact.

“They’ll turn into doll again forever” Seungmi stated. Dawon turned to Donghan and Yehyeon. Her smiles disappeared and replaced with teary eyes.

“I remember Grandma’s story when the death turn into dolls again once the mission about to accomplish. And you’ll never get to meet them again forever” “But-“ Dawon couldn’t lift her head anymore.

                Seungmi patted on her back as Dawon sobs more.

“We’re sorry, Dawon” Yehyeon reached out to her hand and entwined their hands. Donghan wiped her tears. “We don’t want to hurt you more than we already did. That’s why we couldn’t tell you”

“But how can I live without you guys?” Dawon chocked out the words. “You guys had been with me all the time through my hard time. You gave me courage to stay strong especially at school. I don’t know how I’ll do without you guys”

“I wish we could stay together too but” Yehyeon sighed.

                Dawon’s grip on his hand loosen as she suddenly doubled over and moaned in pain.  She clutched onto her painful chest.

“Dawon-ah!” Seungmi panic. “What’s wrong?!” Donghan was about to check on her but he suddenly doubled over in pain too. And so did Yehyeon.

“Guys, what’s wrong??!!”