CHAPTER 23

The Little Girl

                Dawon peeked through her fingers and removed her hand slowly to see Jaehyun was already standing in her room. The guys were nowhere to be seen.

“You’re seriously creeping me out, noona” Jaehyun walked to the closet and casually opened it. “Here it is” he was smiling widely as he found his shirt in her closet. Dawon turned around as he suddenly took off his shirt. He chuckled as he put on a new shirt. “Are you really my cousin, Wendy Son? You seem like a totally different person. You usually don’t care if I undress in front of you”

                Dawon chuckled nervously.

“I’m done” he voiced. Dawon turned around and entered the room. Jaehyun stared at each inch of the room in awe. “It had been years since I’ve been into your room”

“You shouldn’t come into girl’s room all you want; you know”

                He turned to her with a smile. “You’re right. You’re a woman now. I should respect your privacy, noona” His eyes landed on the doll house. Jaehyun approached it and opened it to reveal the interior space of the doll house. Her dolls were in there. Dawon smiled in relieve.

“Doll house? I thought you don’t like dolls” “Owh” Dawon smiled nervously. “I did? I mean, I don’t know. I’m kind of attracted to them these days”

“Aunty is right” he stood and nudged on her head with his finger. “Something is wrong in there” he chuckled.

“Yah” she narrowed her eyes and warded his hand off her. “I know you’re taller than me but don’t do that again”

“Okay. You sure are my cousin” he stuck out his tongue. “Fiesty as always” he left her and closed the door.

                Dawon snorted and went out the room.

*             *             *

Dawon lifted her head to Jaehyun who was sitting across her at the garden table. He staring into spaces and was smiling alone. She glared at him. *This guy must be nuts* She sighed and took out her phone. She scrolled through the screen.

“Woah you like to look at this blog too?!”

                Dawon jolted as Jaehyun suddenly appeared behind him. She nodded. He dragged his chair and sat beside her. “I had been her fan for years! I really love her paintings!”

                Dawon turned again to the blog belong to Woobin. “I’m a big fan. I just like to look at her drawings. Sometime the paintings sooth me in some way I don’t even know how”

“Me too. I wish I can tell her how I loved her works!” “I know her”

                Jaehyun gasped. “Really?! You’re joking!”

“No seriously” Dawon chuckled. “Who is she? Can I meet her? Please tell her that I’m her fan!” “Yah” she laughed. “You’re really eager to meet her. Should I introduce you to her?”

“If you can do that, I promise you I’ll buy you thousands of chocolates for you, noona” Jaehyun had already raised his palm.

                Dawon chuckled. “Promise?” “Of course!” “Alright. I’ll introduce you to her when I meet her” “Thank you, noona” he embraced her. “Yah yah!” Dawon struggled to free. He let go off her. “Anyway, noona” he smiled coyly. “How does she look like? Is she pretty?”

“Aigo, you only have eye for pretty girls aye?” Dawon nudged him on his shoulder. “If I tell you she’s hideous, what will you do about it?”

“Well…” he stared ahead. “I just want to be mentally prepare if she’s ugly. That’s all”

                Dawon smiled and stared ahead. “Don’t worry. She’s gorgeous”

                Jaehyun nodded in reply. He went inside for a while before came back with two mugs of hot chocolate. He held one to her after blew on it to cool. “Thanks” Dawon took it. The two enjoyed the hot chocolate.

“Why wouldn’t you greet me when I was visiting the school, Jaehyun?”

“Oh” he put the mug down. “I don’t think I want anyone to know about us being family. I don’t want to be mistreat. Because you’re the director, people will take advantage on me and might mistreat me. Don’t you agree? I just want to enjoy myself as an ordinary student, just like anybody else”

                She glanced at him. *He has this side of him? I wonder how Dabin eonni will react if she sees this side of him*