CHAPTER 31

The Little Girl

                Dawon turned to the other side only to meet with Dabin beside her. She shared the room with Dabin that night. Donghyun used Dawon’s room. Dawon slid her sister’s hair aside to reveal her peaceful face while sleeping. Dawon smiled. “2 days only left, eonni. I wish I can change the destiny and save you. I don’t want to lose you” she blinked back tears.

-Flashback-

                Dawon knocked on the door. The clock tick-tock filled the dead silent dark hallway. “Eonni”

                Dabin opened her eyes and rubbed it. “Dawoni?” she got out of bed and opened the door. Dawon was standing in front of her door. Her eyes were wet from tears. Dabin bent over. “What’s wrong?”

“Scary monster come into my dream. I don’t want them to come back” Dawon whimpered more. Dabin smiled. “Aigo, come”

                Dawon laid in Dabin’s bed as Dabin laid beside her and pulled her into her embrace. She pulled the cover over them. Dabin caressed her head. “Go on sleep. If the monster come and disturb you again, tell them I’m going to fry them tomorrow morning”

                Dawon giggled and smiled at her. “Thank you, eonni”

“Nae. Now sleep, okay?”

                Dawon nodded and closed her eyes. She drifted into slumber. Dabin smiled as she patted on her to sleep.

-End of flashback-

                Dawon patted on Dabin with a smile. *I’ll sure to miss those days a lot*

               

 

                Donghyun turned to the other side of the bed. He sighed. He turned again and faced the ceiling. “Did I do the right thing? Telling Dabin my identity. But now that she knows, how can I tell Dawon? Aish”

                His phone rang. Donghyun sprang up and answered it. “Moonbok-ah”

“Yah, Sunghyuk-“

 

                There was a series of knock on Dabin’s door. Dawon turned to the sound and quickly opened it to reveal Donghyun.

“Dawon, something happen” “What do you mean? What happen?” “I can’t tell yet. But I need to meet the other guys now. Will you accompany Dabin until tomorrow morning?”

                Both Dawon and Donghyun glanced at Dabin who was sound asleep. “Yea sure” Dawon nodded. “You be careful”

“Yes I will. Take care” he rushed through the hallway. Dawon watched as he left.

*             *             *

A/N: I remember when I was in primary school, ‘something’ used to poke on my back really hard often during night. I never figure out what is it but it always happens when I’m about to drift into sleep. Then I’ll feel suffocated and struggled to breathe. And my elder sister heard me. So she called me to sleep with her in her bed and she will pat on my back until I fell asleep…Just like Dabin and Dawon. Anyone have any idea what that ‘something’ is? But now that I’m in uni, I never experience those things even when I’m in high school, starting from 15-years-old until now. I started to experience it when I was camping at school when I was in Standard 6 (12-years-old). Wonder what that is.