Chapter 9

Charmed

The boys went back to their apartment so they could get ready to go out with us to tour as much as we could. Jade and I had breakfast alone.

“What are you so happy about, Jade?”

“Yesterday, Ji Hoon tucked me in before I slept and flying kissed me! How was yours? I bet it was awesome sleeping in the same bed with two hot shirtless guys, huh?” she teased me.

“It was… okay,” I said, a smile playing on my lips.

“Tell me more! Tell me more! Like did you get very far?” she teased again.

“Stop it. Nothing of that sort happened.”

I went on to explain the whole thing to her, occasionally making her squeal.

Not long later, the doorbell rang.

“Noona! Open the door! PALI! It’s Yu Kwon.”

I gave Jade the look and we both laughed our asses off. After a few last touches, we opened the door and went out, locking the door behind us.

 The boys stared at us when we came out and burst out laughing.

“Are you girls gonna wear those bunny slippers out?” asked Kyung.

Jade and I stared at each other in shock.

“OMO!” I said as I quickly unlocked the door.

Jade and I changed into wedges, mine much more comfortable than Jade’s.

The boys were still laughing when we were out again.

“Like that’s never happened to you guys before,” I said, irritated.

“Noona, don’t be sad,” Yu Kwon said, resting his arm around my shoulder. “They don’t understand.”

***

We all agreed that the first stop had to be the Big Apple, although we haven’t toured Massachusetts yet. We went to New York by bus since it didn’t take that long. All of us were pretty excited.

We ‘oohed’ and ‘aahed’ at the place.

We stopped at Subway for lunch before going to Madame Tussad’s Wax Museum.

We were lucky to get there early because otherwise, the place would be packed, according to the lady at the counter who sold us tickets. We had to climb a grand staircase that led us to Hulk. Hulk was green, huge and scary. Then, we proceeded into several rooms where we got to see live sized figures of famous people like Beyonce, Jolie-Pitt, Jackie Chan, Amitabh Bachan and Marilyn Monroe. It was heaven. We took funny photos with most of the figures there.

Somewhere during the route, there was a room called the ‘House of Wax’. It was dimly lit and had a spooky environment. It gave me the creeps; reminded me of a haunted house. I wasn’t a horror fan, I could tell you that and Jade wasn’t one either. Her eyes were wide and her face was pale as she stared at the place.

“Let’s go in for their sake,” I told her.

“I’m scared, Sonia. I don’t think I can do it.”

“I am too but let’s just do it, okay? Maybe it’s not that bad.”

I was wrong, dead wrong. It was a haunted house. The wax figures could move like robots and some people dressed up in costumes so they could creep up on us to scare us. I knew but I had to be brave.

When the door behind us closed, Ji Hoon held Jade’s hand and assured her that he was there for her no matter what. She smiled back at him nervously and nodded. Just when I was about to go back to the door and beg for it to open, Min Hyuk and Jaehyo held my hand on either side and smiled at me.

“You’re not going anywhere. I’m here for you,” whispered Min Hyuk.

“I won’t let anything happen to you. Yakso,” said Jaehyo as he tightened the grip on my hand.

For a while there, I really did believe them. I thought that it wouldn’t be as scary with the boys there to protect me. But when we started going through the place…

“Run Sonia! Run! Don’t look back! Pali!” screamed Jaehyo.

“Pali Sonia! It’s gaining on us!” screamed Min Hyuk.

Both of them were behind me, protecting me from the group of things chasing us. The others were running in front of me, screaming. It was a horrifying sight. We knew they couldn’t hurt us but it was still freaking terrifying. It felt like the end of the world.

Then, Yu Kwon ran bravely backwards to me. Well, that was stupid.

“Noona! I’ll save you!” and he carried me over his shoulder.

He ran pretty fast for someone who’s carrying someone.

I got a look of Jaehyo and Min Hyuk behind me, both panicking. The things that were chasing us were ugly and urgh… I didn't even want to explain it. It was grotesque.

Then, a smile spread across Min Hyuk’s and Jaehyo’s face. I wondered why but then understood. They saw the exit. They all made a last minute sprint, releasing us from our fears.