Final

Charmed

I slept like a log that night, or morning you could say. I woke up again at 9.30. With a smile on my face, I got up and stretched. I felt good and immensely elated. I took a long time to choose what to wear since I wanted to look nice for Jaehyo. After picking out a lavender dress and rustic brown boots, I took a cold shower. I brushed my teeth and straightened my hair. I put on my clothes and wore a sweet butterfly pin on my hair. After putting on some lip gloss, eyeliner and perfume, I went down to the kitchen.

“Good morning,” I cheerily said to Jade and Shell.

“Wow, you’re all dolled up. Whoever could it be for?” Jade teased me.

I giggled.

I took out plenty of ingredients I bought late last night. By 11.55am, I was done making ramen, kimchi and bulgogi. Jaehyo told me once that he missed eating these so I made it for him. I was proud of my work and packed it for him nicely in cute containers.

“Jade! Shell! Are you ready?!”

The both of them trotted down the stairs.

“Aigoo, aigoo, aigoo. You made those for Jaehyo?” she pointed to the containers on the table.

“Neh! Shell! That’s not for you!” I shouted when she started opening the containers.

“Awww,” Shell pouted then stuck her tongue out to me.

After wearing our shoes, we left the house and met the boys outside. We saw that the boys bought Jaehyo balloons and a big teddy bear. I laughed at their cuteness. We separated in two rented cars and left for the hospital.

***

Min Hyuk got Jaehyo a private room, which was sweet. Min Hyuk greeted us outside Jaehyo’s room.

“He’s awake. He doesn’t know that you guys are coming. He keeps asking for you, Sonia,” Min Hyuk whispered.

I blushed while the other coo-ed.

Min Hyuk opened the door to let us in.

“Hyung!” Yu Kwon emerged with the teddy bear.

“Jaehyo oppa! You’re better!” Shell beamed.

The rest of them greeted him as they entered. I stayed outside with Min Hyuk, nervous to reveal myself.

“Calm down. He really loves you so, you don’t have to worry,” Min Hyuk assured me.

“He’s not mad at me or anything right?” I panicked.

“Aniyo! I told you. He’s been asking for you non-stop. He keeps telling me to get you to come.”

I bit my lip and smiled.

“You really love him, don't you?” Min Hyuk grinned.

“Neh, I love you too, oppa but I’m clear about my feelings now.”

He nodded.

“Omo! You guys are here!” I heard Jaehyo exclaim when he saw the others. “But where’s Sonia?”

“Yah chincha! There you go again,” Min Hyuk entered to tell Jaehyo.

“Hyung, we so happily came here and you don’t even acknowledge us,” Yu Kwon pouted.

“You really love her, don’t you?” Jade asked.

“Neh, I can’t help it. She lights up my world every time. She makes me smile and laugh and makes my heart beat faster. I miss her sweet smile and her y voice and her warmth. I know I’m being selfish but I want her around me all the time. I want to kiss her and touch her hair. Is that so much to ask for?” he asked, smiling to himself.

I could hear the happiness in his voice when he spoke about me. It made me tear up and smile as well.

“Araso! Then we shouldn’t keep you from her any longer,” Ji Hoon chuckled.

They all looked at me. I took a deep breath and entered the room. Jaehyo suddenly sat up when he saw me. He had tears in his eyes and gave a soft smile.

“Oppa…” I whispered, my eyes welling up with tears.

Min Hyuk took the bag of containers from me and pushed me forward.

“What are you doing, Sonia? Kiss him!” Min Hyuk yelled.

“Yah hyung! You call yourself a man?! Kiss her!” Yu Kwon teased.

All of them started to cheer, “Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!”

I sat on his bed and bit my lip, “I…I love you, oppa.”

Jaehyo curled a lock of hair behind my ear. He titled my chin up so he could see my face. He gazed so deeply into my eyes that I felt tingles everywhere in my body.

“What was that again?” he beamed.

“I love you. Saranghae,” I admitted again.

“I love you too,” he said and pressed his lips to mine.

The others cheered behind us like animals.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist. It felt awkward kissing with people staring at us but I didn’t care. All I cared about was that Jaehyo was mine and that we belonged together. When we finally pulled away from each other, the others congratulated us.

All of us sat around in the room and talked about random things and what not.

Suddenly, Min Hyuk caught everyone’s attention by clanging a chopstick against a hospital cup.

“I’d like to get your attention please,” Min Hyuk started, “Yesterday, I witnessed one of the greatest miracles in my life. Jaehyo was brought back to life. Before that, Sonia said something to him. She said,” he took out a piece of paper.

“‘Jaehyo-ah~ I know you may not be with us anymore but I hope you can hear me. I’m sorry if I’ve hurt you and I regret not saying it sooner. I just wanted to say that I’m so glad to have met you and I’m happy that you found me first. I miss the times we spent together and I wish we could’ve made more memories. Thank you for comforting me when I was scared when we were on the plane. I should’ve told you before but I fell for you first when I met you on the plane but I didn’t think that my feelings for you were real. But I was very wrong. So, now I’m gonna say it, oppa. I know it’s too late but I’m gonna say it anyway. I love you. Sarangahae. Oppa, I love you with all my heart. And I wish you could be here to hear it.’ It thought us that you never realize what you have until you lose it. And that we should enjoy life while we can because time’s not on our side. Take advantage of everything and be happy, always,”

He paused.

“When Jaehyo woke up this morning, I told him what had happened. He was truly shocked but happy. Sonia finally made her decision and he was glad that it was him. After experiencing such a miracle, I think Jaehyo has something to say.”

Everyone then looked at Jaehyo.

“Sonia, I know that we’ve known each other for only 4 years but the 4 years I’ve known you were the best of my life. Others have been through 4 years and grew apart. Yes, I’ve been through up and downs but generally, you make me very happy and I want you to be mine. I love it when you’re around and I want it to continue to be that way if God lets me. And I love you with all my heart and soul. So, Sonia, will you do me the honour of marrying me and being my wife?”

The others gasped and looked at me. I was speechless.

“I…do,” I beamed.

Once again, the others cheered like animals.

“Oh no, rings!” Jade said.

Everyone searched their pockets.

Min Hyuk detached 2 pieces of the ribbons from the balloons and tied them into a loop. “Here”.

Jaehyo and me put the ‘rings’ on each other’s fingers and ended it with a deep kiss.