Chapter 19

Charmed

Min Hyuk bent down so I could get onto his back.

When I got on, he said, “Yah! What do you eat? You’re so heavy that I don’t think I’ll be able to make it 5 meters without falling,” he mocked me.

“Oppa! How could you say that? I’m not heavy... You’re just weak!” I pouted.

He chuckled and it made me melt on the inside. A small smile appeared on my lips.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and felt his firm arms under my thighs.

He carried me easily and walked across the street towards the bakery.

I was greeted with the smell of fresh bread and it made drool.

“Wah! So many types of bread and pastries!” I said, shocked.

I chose what I wanted and Min Hyuk ordered it, paying for all of it before leaving.

He carried me back across the street and we found a nice green patch to sit on.

He took out the food from the paper bag and laid it nicely out. I quickly grabbed the coffee and sipped from the gigantic cup. It made my stomach happy and warm.

“Oh! It’s rising!” Min Hyuk exclaimed.

My head snapped up from my food to see the beautiful coloured sky. It was orange and yellow and pink all at the same time. We were awe-struck.

I smiled. I was amazed at its beauty. The sun was definitely something that didn’t try hard to stand out because it already shined majestically. I was jealous at how easy it was for the sun to do that.

Suddenly, I felt Min Hyuk’s gaze on my face.

“Yeppoyo,” Min Hyuk and me said at the same time.

I didn’t want to look at him. I knew I’d fall deeper and I was scared. After a while, I couldn’t avoid it anymore so I just looked at him.

I gasped. The sun shone on his black hair and made it look soft and touchable. He wore the same expression as me.

“Yeppoyo,” he repeated.

“Oh?” I said, blushing.

I lowered my eyes and bit my lower lip. When I looked up again, Min Hyuk was gone.

Out of the blue, two hands closed my eyes from behind me.

“Oppa, you gave me a sho-” I started.

I turned to see Jaehyo there with a smile on his face. The sun shone on his brown hair, making it look gold. Look away! My heart sank. When I saw a slim figure beside him, I felt like breaking into tears.

“Regina, how nice to see you,” I faked a smile.

“Hi,” she said sweetly.

“Regina and I were just going out to get breakfast. Do you want to come?” Jaehyo said.

Beside him, I heard Regina hiss.

“No, that’s okay. I’m here with someone else,” I pointed out.

“Okay then, see you later!” Jaehyo said happily.

He and Regina then bumped into Min Hyuk a few meters away.

Min Hyuk ignored Regina, who was trying to seduce him with her face, while he said hi to Jaehyo.

Min Hyuk then approached me, beaming. Jaehyo looked at me again, his expression sad this time. Regina immediately pulled him away and continued on with their plans.

“Oppa, where were you? I thought you left me.”

“Aniyo, I just had to get this,” he said as he brought out a sunflower from behind his back. “This is for you,” he smiled sheepishly.

I was touched. I took the very beautiful sunflower and asked him, “Why’d you suddenly get me this?”

He shrugged, unsure.

I smiled at him, touched by his sweetness.

“Thank you. And when you find the answer, tell me.”

He nodded enthusiastically.

He gave me a hand and pulled me up. We walked the rest of the way back home in silence.

***

We waved at each other before going in our respective apartments.

“SONIA!” I was greeted by Jade when I opened the door.

“Geez, Jade! Don’t do that!”

“Mian,” she smiled clumsily, “where have you been? Did Jaehyo or Min Hyuk take you out?”

“Close the door. I did go out but only with Min Hyuk, for a jog. Jaehyo, well, I think he’s dating Regina,” I sighed.

“That ! You better be alert. Next thing you know, she might go around seducing Min Hyuk too.”

“Oh, believe me, she’s already started. But by some miracle, Min Hyuk seems to be prone to her seducing and her acting.”

“Chincha? Well, that’s a relief.”

“Yeah, anyway, I need a bath! Are you going out with Ji Hoon today? I was thinking we could go to the library.”

 “Oh great! We could go together! I wanted to catch up on some reading,” she shooed me away and pointed upstairs.

I was about to bathe when my phone started ringing.

“Yobosaeyo?”

“Noona! Do you have plans today? Wanna go to the library?” spoke Yu Kwon.

“Neh! Jade and I were thinking of going today. Meet you outside in 30?”

“Araso!” he screamed happily and ended the call.

I showered and picked something sweet to wear.

I was wearing a pretty long-sleeved pink dress with a scarf around my neck and matched it with dark brown ankle-cut boots. The weather was cooler now that it was autumn.

I sped down the stairs when the doorbell rang and left with Jade.

Yu Kwon was as cute as a button. He wore big black framed glasses, like Min Hyuk, and dressed warmly.

“Kaja!” Yu Kwon started galloping.