Chapter 5

Charmed

I was still dazed from the dream after we got off the plane. I was so lost in my own world that I didn’t even notice Jade cling onto my arm. What did that dream mean? Why did it turn out like that? Why did I even dream about them? I had so many questions. Never mind. I should just forget about it. I mean it doesn’t mean that I have crush on them or anything, right?

Wrong.

Oh my god, what am I saying?! I’m twenty-one for heavens’ sake. I shouldn’t be crushing on anyone! Yeah, I’m probably just being all dramatic.

“What are you thinking about?” questioned Jade.

“Tell you later when we’re alone,” I told her nervously.

It was so chaotic when we got on the bus that was supposed to bring us to the campus. I just wanted it to be over so I could sleep. It was one in the afternoon but because of jet-lag, I felt sleepy. When attendance taking was done, the bus left the airport and reached the campus in a jiffy.

I was half dead. I’m sure almost everyone was. I soaked in the warmth of the sun and the new environment and did a little stretching. It felt good. There were a lot of squirrels around the campus. They were so cute that I felt like hiding one in my jacket to bring it home. The place was beautiful. I was awe-struck. The teacher-in-charge led us to the auditorium, where everyone was seated quickly. A charming man, the principal, approached the podium with the microphone to give us a welcome I presumed.

After a short speech, we all clapped and he got off the stage. A scrawny looking woman took over instead.

“Those who will be staying in the hostels here, please stay back for a while so we can assign you to your rooms. As for the others, please collect your schedules before leaving. Thank you.”

Jade and me heaved a sigh of relief and stood up. We collected our schedules and compared it with each other. Thank goodness we had some classes together. I would’ve probably died if she wasn’t in at least one of my classes. She was majoring in psychology. Min Hyuk approached me and the scene from my dream flashed in my mind. I wanted to run. Maybe I should but that would be rude. Oh no! He’s coming closer! I can't escape! There’s not enough time. It’s too la-

“Hey Sonia, you’re majoring in surgical studies, right?”

“Neh, wae yo?”

“Great! We’ll be in the same classes then! We could be buddies,” he said, nudging me.

“Neh…” This is starting to get awkward. “What did you say, Jade? We have to go? OKAY!” I screamed at her although she wasn’t that far away.

She looked at me like I was an alien.

“I didn’t say any-” she started off.

“Sorry Min Hyuk! Gotta go!”

I was about to run to Jade when unexpectedly, he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him; like those moments in chick flicks.

“Call me oppa, Sonia,” he said seriously.

“Neh?” *blink blink*

“Say it. It’s not that hard. Say oppa. Op-pa.”

“Min Hyuk…oppa,” I said shakily. He made my knees tremble because our faces were less than an inch apart.

“See? That wasn’t that hard, wasn’t it? See ya around,” he said seductively, winked and left me standing there.

I was stoned. I didn’t move till Jade shouted in my ear, giving me a mini heart attack.

“Yah! Are you trying to kill me?”

“No, I was trying to save you. Do you have a thing for Mr. Min Hyuk, Sonia? ‘Cause you can tell me if you do. We’re practically sisters already!” she chirped.

I was silent. Then I decided to tell her about the dream I had on the plane. She listened intently as we walked towards our rented apartment.