Chapter 26

Charmed

My heart almost ripped out of my chest when ‘yobeo’ was mentioned. It felt nice to be called that. I felt all tingly on the inside, this warm fuzzy feeling.

“Neh!” I replied, running to the tub.

Min Hyuk was already there waiting for me. “Pali! It’s almost sun set.”

I climbed into it and slowly sat down. The water was lukewarm, making me feel extremely relaxed. Min Hyuk put his arm around my shoulders and snuggled up to me. Then, there it was, the sun set, as beautiful as ever. It was graceful in every way. The way the colours melted together gave the sky a special effect I would’ve never thought possible. I carefully leaned my head on his broad shoulder and breathed out. It was the perfect moment.

Min Hyuk looked at me intensely.                       

I looked back at him, dumbstruck.

There was this connection that passed through the air between us. It unexpectedly brought our faces closer. My heart was booming in my chest. The vibration was so strong, I could feel it in my fingertips.  

I closed my eyes and leaned forward.

“What are you doing?” Min Hyuk chuckled.

My eyes snapped open and I saw his face apart from mine. Oh my gosh, I was daydreaming. Damn you, brain. Damn you. You just had to make me believe that he was going to kiss me.

“Nothing, just exercising my face muscles,” I said, embarrassed, and did some random face movements to prove it. I beat myself up mentally.

He laughed harder this time. “Oh Sonia, you amuse me.”

My cheeks turned scarlet. I tried to avoid the conversation from becoming weirder.

“Oppa, are we going to eat the buffet for dinner?”

“You don’t want to? I heard the food here is excellent.”

“Chincha? Araso, the buffet it is!”

After a few more minutes of soaking in the tub, both of us got back to our room and changed. I simply slipped on the white dress I wore earlier that day while Min Hyuk wore a simple shirt. We locked up the cabana after we were done and walked to the heart of the resort hand in hand. It was silent.

Then, before I could stop it, a question escaped my lips. “Oppa, how is it that no matter how much Regina tries to seduce you, you don’t fall for it?”

 “Girls like that are all over me no matter where I go. They want an accessory, not a boyfriend. It’s sickening. And besides, they’re not you. You’re not the kind that jumps all over me when you get the chance or treats me badly. You’re different and you’re your own person. That’s why I fell for you in the first place. I don’t know why I love you. I just do.” He gave his sweet smile.

I felt butterflies in my stomach. “So different is good?”

“Different is perfect. You’re perfect and I love you,” he beamed as he looked me in the eyes. “What made you fall for me?”

“You’re really attractive, well, that’s what caught me. But the days I’ve spent with you ever since we got here made me realise that you were always there for me. You give me comfort when I’m down. You’re very optimistic and it’s contagious.”

The both of us just walked the rest of the way with smiles on or faces.

***

I was embarrassed when I saw how full my plate was. You just had to pile food on your plate. You could’ve taken it later too. Urgh, now he’s gonna think you’re greedy.

I chose a table at the corner near the pretty lights. I felt slightly better when Min Hyuk approached me with two full plates of food. We gorged our food down and in a jiffy, we were done.

I stared at the old couple swaying closely on the dance floor and smiled to myself. A million things went through my head. Min Hyuk looked at me and followed my gaze to the couple. Without realising, he left the table and came back a minute later. He stood in front of me.

“Would you do me the honour of dancing with me?”

“Yes,” I smiled sweetly and went with him.

It was the first time I was dancing with a guy so my hands were kind of awkward. However, after 2 songs had passed, it felt more natural. We swayed to the slow paced music. I placed my head on his shoulder and breathed in his sweet scent. That went on for 3 songs.

Suddenly, the DJ switched the song to a fast paced one. Min Hyuk spun me. Like an expert, he danced. He spun me over and over again, sometimes dipping me. It was y. I was new to this but tried to go with the flow. I had to be fast on my feet and it tired me out. It worked out well though. Everyone clapped when the song ended. I was shocked because I was unaware that people were watching us. I gave a curtsy. Min Hyuk bowed too.

“Kaja,” he said after the applause had died down.

I obediently followed him. As were going down the stairs, I missed a step.

“OW!”

“Omo! Gwaenchana?” he asked worriedly.

“Neh,” but when I walked another step with my right foot, I hissed in pain.

“Did you sprain it?”

“I think so.”

Min Hyuk scooped me up in his strong arms.

“Oppa! You don’t have to carry me. I’ll manage.”

He refused to listen to me and ran back to the cabana.

He gently placed me on the bed when we were back. He carefully inspected my ankle.

“Do you trust me?” he asked.

“Neh?”

“Do you trust me?”

“What does that have to do with anything?”

“Do you?”

“Yes,” I said after thinking.

“Then I’m telling you to trust me on this. It’s going to hurt a tiny bit.”

He squeezed my ankle for a while then pulled on it hard, making me yelp.

The pain only lasted a few seconds. And then, I felt fine.

 I scooted to the edge of the bed to stand up. I was expecting to feel that sharp pain again but it never came. The pain was gone!

“How’d you do that?”

“Magic,” Min Hyuk gave a cheeky smile.

“Haha, very funny."