Chapter 4

Charmed

We all queued up to board the plane. The guys were updating each other; I could tell that they haven’t met for quite some time. Just when I was about to hand the flight attendant my boarding pass, the girl in front of me dropped her black Gucci glasses without knowing.

“Excuse me,” I tapped her on the shoulder, “You dropped your glasses.”

She spun around and said, “Thanks!” before flashing me a dazzling smile. “I’m Jade.”

“Sonia.”

She had the most beautiful green eyes I’ve ever seen. No wonder her name is Jade.

***

Jade and I met again at our seats on the plane. Turns out, her seat was beside mine.

“Hi again!”

“Hey Sonia!”

“So, are you going back home?”

“No actually. I’m a freshman at Harvard.”

“Wow, really? Small world.”

I was doing my best making conversation with the only friend I’d probably make who’s a girl when Min Hyuk interrupted, “Hey, looks like we’ll be sitting together.”

“ANIYO! Only I get to seat beside her!” Jaehyo barked.

“Do you know these guys?”

“Yeah… I met him on the plane to New York and these are his friends. Heh.”

Suddenly, Ji Hoon scooted in to sit beside Jade. Jade stared at him with goo-goo eyes. Oh no. Looks like she’s got bitten by the love bug.

“Sorry, but this is my seat. I hope you don’t mind,” said Ji Hoon with a dazzling smile that matched Jade’s.

“Uhuh… I mean no! Of course I don’t mind! Hi, Jade.”

I left the two potential love birds alone and focused on the person on my right.

“Yu Kwon! You scared me!”

Yu Kwon was giving me ‘the look’. He had his ninja eyes on and to be honest, it really creeped me out. How could someone so cute and innocent be so scary?

“What are you planning? Are you trying to seduce my hyungs?!”

“Aniyo! I’m not. Don’t worry. I wouldn’t think of stealing your hyungs away from you.”

“Good.”

“So we’re friends then?”

“Neh, you’re kinda nice and I trust you so… Welcome to the family, noona!” he said enthusiastically as he reached in for a hug.

Jaehyo stood up from beside Yu Kwon and wedged himself in between us before we could hug so that I was hugging him instead.

“Yah, hyung! I was about to welcome noona to the family,” he said pouting again.

“The only person your noona will ever get to hug is me. Araso?”

My pulse picked up speed and this time, I could actually feel the arterioles under my skin vasodilate, causing my cheeks to turn bright red.

“Hyung, you made noona angry. She’s all red now. You shouldn’t have interrupted our hug,” Yu Kwon scoffed.

“She’s blushing, idiot. She does that a lot when she’s around me,” he said as he pulled back and managed a smirk.

I bit my lip, looked down and played with my fingers, trying to avoid the intense gazes of the two handsome guys which were on me.

After a while, Jaehyo sat back down and Yu Kwon listened to music on his iPod.

I looked to my left to see Jade and Ji Hoon still chatting.

I heaved a sigh and just let my mind grow blank.

The clouds above me formed a fluffy heart shape. The azure coloured sky seemed so vast in front of me. I looked to my right to find Jaehyo laying beside me on the cool green grass. His hand was holding up his head, making him slightly elevated. His fair skin glowed under his white shirt that was ed halfway. My breath got caught in my throat as I stared at his face. He gazed at me with such emotion that I couldn’t help but smile stupidly. A smile spread across his lips too. Slowly, he bent his head down, closing up the space between us. My eyes closed shut.

Then, I felt the softness of his lips on mine. They tasted like starwberries. After a while, he got on top of me, causing me to become slightly breathless. Suddenly, the kisses grew wild and hungry. My eyes were still shut. I realized that my lips were swollen when they were empty from his. His cool lips went down to my bare neck. I think he was giving me a hickie. My heart rate increased.  I felt hungry for more and I was sure he was too. My eyes snapped open when I felt my left bra strap leave my shoulder. Instead of Jaehyo on top of me, Min Hyuk was there. I screamed at the top of my lungs, wanting this to be a dream.

Luckily, it was.