Chapter 29

Charmed

Jade and the guys welcomed us when we arrived home.

“You guys didn’t have to do this for us. We were only gone for 3 days,” I laughed.

“We had to. It felt like forever and we really missed you guys,” Jade chirped as she hugged me.

“It feels great to be back,” said Min Hyuk.

I absorbed everything in. It did feel like forever. It was great to see everyone after 3 days.

“Shell!” I suddenly spotted beside Yu Kwon. She gave me a big happy hug. I was surprised to see Yu Kwon and Shell together since the incident.

“You have a lot to catch up on,” Jade whispered to me.

“So, what happened? Anything you need to tell us?” Ji Ho added.

I understood and stared at Min Hyuk.

“Yeah, we do. We’re together,” he announced proudly.

The others whistled and cheered like animals and it made me blush. Everyone was jubilant except Jaehyo, who looked like his world came to an end. He looked at me with wide eyes, like a puppy in pain. I felt a pang of sadness for a while. I don’t know why but I felt guilty. I didn’t want this moment to be ruined so I ignored him.

Min Hyuk and I explained what happened during our date back at our respective apartments.

Outside, it started raining cats and dogs. The raindrops pounded against my windows.

Jade and Shell clapped their hands in glee after hearing what happened.

“It’s so romantic!” exclaimed Shell.

“I never thought he had it in him. But congrats on your new relationship! I hope you guys last,” congratulated Jade.

“So, what happened while I was away?” I was burning with curiosity.

“There’s bad news and good news. Which one first?” asked Jade.

“Good.”

“Okay, the good news is that Shell and Yu Kwon are dating!”

I was mind-blown.

“Chincha?!” I asked excitedly.

“Neh. The minute you were gone, I called your apartment and Yu Kwon picked up,” explained Shell.

“What was he doing here?”

“Jade told me that he wanted to see me again and like fate, I called and he answered. Then, he told me to come over and gave me your address. When I came over, he confessed to me. He told me that he had a thing for me and that you tried to help at the library and after that. After that, he asked me if I could give him a chance and if he could date me.”

“What made you change your mind about him?”

“I like honest and brave guys and I didn’t notice it before, but I have this connection with him.”

“Well, congratulations! I hope that you guys will get closer,” I smiled. I was very proud of Yu Kwon at that moment. I had to remember to tell him that later.

“Okay, so what’s the bad news?”

“The bad news is good news too. It depends on how you see it. The day you left with Min Hyuk for your date, Jaehyo came over. He asked if you were at home and that he needed to tell you something urgently. So, I told him you were on a 3 days, 2 nights date with Min Hyuk. He looked extremely crestfallen,” said Jade.

“So, what did you do?”

“I invited him in. He told me that Regina broke it off with him because of you. She felt that he felt more for you than her but he couldn’t see it. And when he realised that he loved you, he came. I told him that you had feelings for him too and that it broke your heart when you saw him with Regina. I know I wasn’t supposed to but I thought he had to know.”

I bobbed my head once, trying to absorb what Jade just told me.

“Wait, so Sonia had feelings for both Min Hyuk and Jaehyo at first but didn’t know who she liked more?” Shell asked.

Jade just nodded.

Suddenly, I was on the verge of crying. I excused myself and went up to my room and opened up my closet. I marched my way through the tunnel to Jaehyo’s room. He wasn’t in his room when I got there. From upstairs, I heard the boys shouting.

“Hyung! It’s raining!”

“Where are you going?!”

“Yah! Answer us!”

Then, I heard the front door of their apartment slam shut.

I ran back to my apartment via the tunnel, down the stairs and then outside. I didn’t bother grabbing an umbrella. Luckily, Jade and Shell didn’t see me leave. My beige dress was getting soaked in seconds. I scanned for Jaehyo. I could make out his tall figure which was quite a distance away in the rain. I chased after him and when I caught up to him, I grabbed him by the arm and spun him around.

 “Yah! Where do you think you’re going?!” I angrily said.

“What are you doing here?”

“What took you so long? Why didn’t you tell me? Why didn’t you stop me? You could have called, idiot!” I screamed to him in tears.

Pain flashed on his face.

“I only took so long ‘cause I wasn’t sure if you had the same feelings for me. I tried to date Regina to make the feelings go away but it didn’t work. Regina saw it too. She saw how obvious my feelings for you were. I wanted to tell you the day I knew they couldn’t disappear.”

“Didn’t it occur to you that the time you told me you liked Regina in your room, I escaped to the bathroom so I could cry my eyes out? Or that every time I saw you with her, it made my heart break? Did it?! You could’ve stopped me that day. You could’ve called me to tell me before I went with Min Hyuk. Why didn’t you?” I continued to weep.

“Because I thought you would be happier with Min Hyuk since you went with him. I thought you chose him over me.”

I just stood there, furious at Jaehyo. I didn’t know what else to say to him anymore. I turned around and walked away.