Chapter 23

Charmed

I expected Min Hyuk to lead me to a room. Instead, he led me to a single-storey cabana.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” I chuckled to Min Hyuk.

“Nope, this is exactly what I wanted and booked. Come on,” he smiled.

When he unlocked the door, I rushed inside because I was impatient and excited at the same time.

“OMO!” my eyes widened and my mouth was open in awe.

I ran around the cabana and inspected the place before going into the room and jumped up and down on the queen-sized bed. I giggled non-stop and basically, acted like a 4-year-old. I bounced once more and fell on my back, enjoying the warm feel of the cabana.

“Glad you like it,” Min Hyuk beamed as he stood in the doorway.

“I do. I really do,” I said as I walked to him and kissed his cheek.

After I realised what I did, my face turned red and I bit my lip, making Min Hyuk smirk.

“So, oppa, what’s first on the list?” I asked excitedly.

“Erm, it’s almost noon. So, maybe we should eat?”

“Neh. What are we having?”

“Wait, first, let’s unpack.”

We got everything out of our bags.

“HAHAHA! Oppa! Did you bring all that food for us?”

He blushed when he saw what I meant. A big pile of food like frozen food and instant noodles and others sat on the floor.

“I thought we might be quite hungry since we’re going to be doing a lot,” he cutely said.

We continued to sort out the stuff. We placed our clothes and shoes in the closet neatly, the toiletries on the shelf near the sink and the food in the kitchen.

I opened the doors to the “backyard”. It revealed a huge Jacuzzi and a patio.

“OPPA! Did you know there was a Jacuzzi here?!”

“CHINCHA?!” he was shocked, “ Aniyo, I didn’t know. This place really has everything, doesn’t it?”

“Neh, we should just move here. HAHA! I wish.”

GRRRRRRRR....

I bit my lip in embarrassment. Damn you, stomach for complaining.

We both looked at each other.

“Looks like I’m hungry,” I chuckled nervously.

“Let’s get cooking then!”

After arguing on what to have for lunch, we both settled on grilled fish and salad.

Luckily, the resort provided basic food like veggies, rice and others so we didn’t have to worry much.

Min Hyuk plugged his phone to a speaker so it wouldn’t be too quiet.

The first song that played was Block B’s U Hoo Hoo. Min Hyuk and me sang along. Sometimes, we would be so dramatic and act it out. He and I took pictures of us cooking. Sometimes, Min Hyuk acted it out so romantically that it would make me want him. I had to admit, it was very fun.

He made a colourful salad with my favourite ingredient, cherry tomatoes. I seasoned and grilled the fish till it was just right. It smelled heavenly and made me salivate.

After about 5 songs, lunch was ready and was set in front of the TV on the table.

He turned off the music and switched to watching TV.

I took pictures of the place while he picked a movie we could watch together while having lunch. There were plenty of old and new movies to pick from, some of them award-winning. I took some really good pictures of Min Hyuk and me and the yummy food.

By the time I sat and took my first bite of the deliciously cooked food, he started the movie, 50 First Dates. I was thanking my lucky starts that he didn’t pick Black Swan because the atmosphere would have been pretty awkward.

“Mmmmm, masissneun!” he said with his mouth full and thumbs-up.

“Oppa, we cooked this, didn’t we?” I self-complimented us.

“Neh! We make a great couple,” he winked.

“Neh,” I blushed.

***

It was half past 3 when the movie ended. I did a little stretch and looked at Min Hyuk who was looking at me amusingly.

“What?”

“Nothing,” he smiled to himself, as if he hid a secret.

I pleadingly stared at him, hoping he’ll reveal what he was thinking about.

“Kaja,” he stood up from the soft couch.

“Where are we going, oppa?”

“To the beach.”