Chapter 14

Charmed

I was awakened by the loud sound of something dropping. My eyes were still closed and I was hoping I could carry on sleeping. I was about to doze off again but my thoughts drifted back to me when I felt the roughness on the unfamiliar sheets under me. I decided to sit up and blinked, restoring my vision. I inspected the blue room with heavy eyes.

At that moment, someone opened the door. I hurriedly lay back on the bed and pretended to be asleep. I peeked a tiny bit due to curiosity. In the doorway of the bathroom stood Min Hyuk, who was wet, in a white towel. His upper body was exposed. The sun rays shone on the droplets of water trickling down his solid abs, making me stop breathing. His wet hair fell over his forehead and eyes, making me feel like pushing it back for him.

I snapped up from my trance when he walked across the room to get his clothes. After he was decently dressed, he approached me. I shut both of my eyes and breathed steadily so that it seemed like I was still dormant. I suddenly felt the weight of the bed beside me shift.

“Sonia,” he whispered, tapping my shoulder, “it’s time to get up now. It’s 9.15.”

“Good morning,” he said smiling as I calmly opened my eyes to show his fair face inches away from mine.

“Morning,” I said as I carefully sat up and he moved backwards, giving me a hand. I grabbed it and he helped me up.

“Do you want to bathe here or in your own bathroom?” asked Min Hyuk.

“I think I’ll bathe in my own bathroom. If it’s okay with you, can you stay in my room while I get ready? I don’t like being home alone.”

“Neh, kaja. Wait, I’ll get my things first. Just leave your window open.”

He pushed the window up and I got out first so I could open mine. I got in my room and ran downstairs to find no sign of Jade. She’s probably still with Ji Hoon. After heating up the muffins and pouring milk in a cup, I climbed up the stairs. I found Min Hyuk sitting on my bed comfortably when I entered my room.

“Here,” I handed him breakfast.

“Gomawo,” he beamed.

I gathered my stuff and ran into the bathroom. I took a 10 minute bath and when I got out from the shower, I realized that I forgot to take my undergarments. ! Now I’ll have to go out in my towel.

I opened the door slightly and saw that Min Hyuk had disappeared from my bed. I opened it slightly more and looked around the room, finding no trace of Min Hyuk. Yes, the coast is clear. Maybe he went back to get something.

I briskly walked to my dressing table and got out a pair of matching red undergarments. I shut the drawer and slammed the door after running back into the bathroom. I hastily got changed and left the bathroom to see Min Hyuk on my bed again. I smiled at him and approached my dressing table again. I brushed my hair with ease and tied my hair in a bun with a cute chopstick.

“I’m ready!” I exclaimed as I slung my bag on my shoulder.

He stood up in front of me, towering me by 3 inches. He reached his hand behind my head took the chopstick out from my bun.

“You look prettier with your hair down.”

I gazed into his eyes and he stared back passionately.

Min Hyuk slowly moved towards me, to close the gap between us but I moved backwards and ended up hitting the dressing table. His face was close; so close I could smell his breath, sweet from the muffins. His face got closer and closer but I got fooled. He reached behind me to put the chopstick back. I bit my lip and beat myself up mentally from being so stupid. Did you think he was going to kiss you? Why did you think that? Why were you expecting it in the first place? I dismissed the thoughts from my mind.

“Kaja,” I announced happily as if nothing happened.

***

When we were outside, we breathed in the fresh air and walked. It was quiet for a while. I couldn’t take the silence so I tried to start a conversation.

“What bus can we take from here?” I asked, once we reached the bus stop.

“Let’s check,” he checked the bus schedule.

We discussed over which bus we could take and the shortest way to get there. After finding out that the next bus arrived in 10, we headed across the street to Starbucks.

The smell and feeling of the place enticed me. We queued up, not for long and then ordered.

“One Mocha Frap and Caramel Frap, please,” ordered Min Hyuk politely.

We got our coffees in a jiffy and then went back across the street, just in time for the bus.

By the time we reached the campus, it was 25 past 10 and we still had 5 minutes to spare. We entered the classroom and saw many students already there. Some stared at us while others continued talking among themselves. Honestly, I felt slightly nervous and nauseous. I walked up the stairs, getting some more eyeing from other people I didn’t know. I eventually chose a seat in the corner at which the row was empty. It was at the back of the classroom which I liked. Min Hyuk filled the spot beside me and gave me a reassuring smile. Before we knew it, the lecturer entered the class.

Our lecturer, Mr. Alan, introduced himself and told us one by one to introduce ourselves.

20 minutes into the pleasantries, a girl or lady I should say, walked through the door. She was wearing a white dress and was officially the prettiest girl I ever saw. She sweetly apologized for being late and scurried her way up the stairs to the seat beside Min Hyuk. She looked even better up close and I had to admit, I was full of jealousy. Her skin was fair and supple like a baby’s, her eyes wide and blue, her nose and her lips structured perfectly and her hair, blonde. She looked like Barbie but of course, not as good as Taylor Swift. I was captivated by her beauty. I was surprised Min Hyuk wasn’t bothered by this. I mean like, why wasn’t he swooning over her like everyone else in the room was?