Chapter 36

Charmed

“Min Hyuk hyung’s conscious and have minor injuries but Jaehyo hyung…” Yu Kwon started.

“Jaehyo what?”           

I was afraid to hear the answer.

“He’s undergoing surgery and it’s not confirmed if he’ll…” Ji Hoon said. His voice was shaky. He was unable to continue.

I was speechless and hurt. More tears came and I started weeping.

“Bring me to him,” I demanded.

The others told me that Jaehyo was hit first because the driver of the van was drunk driving so he drove recklessly. Min Hyuk suffered from multiple cuts and bruises but thank goodness, nothing too serious. I was sitting at the back and was lucky to have escaped with minor injuries. If it weren’t for Jaehyo, who blocked me from getting hit too bad, I would’ve been in the same position as he was.

I felt guilty, like it was my fault that Jaehyo got badly hurt although the others kept telling me that it wasn’t. Maybe if I had sat in the front at first, Jaehyo would’ve been safe.

“It’s not your fault,” Min Hyuk whispered to me when he saw the look on my face.

I was holding his hand, worried about the news of Jaehyo.

“Yes, it is. If I hadn’t gotten into a problem at first and was clear about my feelings towards you two, there would be no need for us to celebrate anything and you wouldn’t have needed to rent the car.”

“Hey, hey, hey…” Min Hyuk said, wiping away my tears as he wrapped his arms around me, “it was Jaehyo’s and my decision to bring you out tonight and rent a car to go there. If tonight didn’t happen, something worst would’ve.”

I saw some truth in that and nodded.

Min Hyuk hugged me tightly and my hair.

“Gomawo,” I thanked him and placed a kiss on his cheek.

“Now, don't cry. We need to give Jaehyo our support,” he smiled to me.

***

I didn’t get any sleep. It was almost midnight. I was eagerly waiting for the results of the surgery. I said a little prayer for Jaehyo and hoped that God received it.

The others were waiting around too. No one wanted to leave or sleep. We took turns going to the vending machine to get sandwiches and coffee.

It was exactly 2.30am when the doctor came out of the room.

All of us immediately stood up and crowded around him.

“How is he, doctor?” I asked, hoping to hear good news.