Chapter 6

Charmed

“So you like both of them? Min Hyuk and Jaehyo?”

“I’m not sure either,” I told her regretfully.

“It’s okay. It’s pretty normal if you ask me.”

“Okay, let’s change the subject. Are you sure we’re not lost, Jade?”

“I was a brownie when I was younger. We did these kinds of things often. Brownies don’t get lost, do they? But…maybe you should find it,” she said, giving me the SpongeBob smile.

“Okay.”

Eventually, we found the place. Thank goodness for my good sense of direction. I knocked on the door and rang the doorbell once.

A cute old lady opened the door and let us in. She was pretty kind. She served us milk and cookies, making me feel like a kid again. After she gave us a tour of the cute yet elegant house, she gave us the keys and made her way to the door.

“Here you go, girls. The house is yours for now. I know I said I’d lent you girls a room but you girls are so sweet. Take care of the house for me and don’t you girls get into any trouble, okay? My number’s on the fridge if you need me. Bye!”

“Bye, Mrs. Law, and thank you,” Jade and I said in unison.

Once the door was closed, Jade and I screamed and ran around the house like children.

“I call dibs on the room with the walk closet!”

“Okay Jade! But the room with the bathtub in the bathroom is mine!”

We settled in pretty quickly. Our clothes were hung neatly in the closet and everything else was really tidy.

Suddenly, my phone rang. I didn’t bother checking the caller ID.

“Yobosaeyo?”

“Noona! Yu Kwon here! Noona, where are you staying? We want to come over,” screamed Yu Kwon on the other side of the line.

“How’d you get my number?”

“I exchanged numbers when you were asleep on the plane. Hee hee.”

“Oh. Uhh… I live at 27 Jefferson Street.”

“CHINCHA?! OMO! We live next door!”

Oh my god…Why.

“We’re coming over now!”

“Wait, no. Let me bathe fir-“

Did he just hang up on me? Forget it. I’ll take a quick bath.

“Jade! The boys are coming over!”

“Chincha?! Oh my gosh! I have to get ready.”

“Okay, I’m gonna take a quick shower so let them in when they arrive.”

“Okie dokie!”