Chapter 21

Charmed

“Did you hear all that?” I asked sympathetically.

He just stood there and I saw tears threatening to spill out of his eyes.

“Oh no….” I sadly said as I stepped in front of him and pulled him in for a hug.

He immediately turned away and blinked a few times.

“You don’t have to hide it, you know?”

He ignored me.

“Kaja,” he said to me while trying to stick a smile on his face.

I decided to let the matter go and walked along side with him.

I don’t know how it happened but somehow, as we were strolling home, he held my hand. I felt slightly uncomfortable and tried to free my hand from his.

 Unfortunately, he held on and said, “Mian, but I need your comfort now. I need your support.”

“Okay, if you need a hug or something, just tell me. I’m here for you.”

We walked in silence the rest of the way home.

“Are you sure you okay?” I asked again for the millionth time before he entered his apartment.

“Neh,” he sniffed, “gomawoyo, noona. I really appreciate your concern. I feel better now. And I won’t give up.”

“Neh, fighting!” I encouraged him before waving to him.

I saw him in and sat on the porch steps of my apartment.

A few moments later, I saw Jaehyo walking across the road. I wanted to run in the apartment so I could avoid talking to him. To my distaste, I saw that he had Regina along and decided to root myself there. I couldn’t run from an enemy. I had to face my enemies head on; especially if it was Regina.

Regina’s and Jaehyo’s arms were linked. My heart plummeted into my stomach. He looked so happy and she, well, I can’t say much because I hated the sight of her. Even the sound of her voice or her name turned me off. Regina narrowed her eyes when she saw me and scoffed in disgust.

“Hey Sonia, what are you doing out here? It’s cold. And you’re barely covered up,” he noticed and was putting his jacket around me.

I heard Regina growl.

“I’m already covered up. I don’t need your pity,” I stood up abruptly and entered my home.

I slammed the door behind me. I was about to start crying my eyes out when I saw Jade poke her head from the kitchen.

“Woah. What’s up with you? Somebody’s pissed,” Jade questioned.

*GROAN* “Nothing, it’s just Regina.”

“WHAT?! Lemme see the !” Jade growled as she stormed her way furiously to the door.

She peeped through the curtain to spy on Regina.

“You’re right. She is pretty. But she looks like she’s made of pure evil. I can smell it from here,” she whispered.

“Okay, I’m gonna go bathe now.”

“Don’t you wanna have dinner? I made blue cheese salad,” proudly announced Jade.

“That sounds delish but I don’t really have an appetite now,” I sadly said.

“Okay then, I’ll save some for you anyway. Jall jja,” she bid me as I dragged myself up the stairs.

I immediately sank to the floor when I closed my room’s door. I wept there and drowned myself in tissues. Why is this happening to me? Why am I always the one that gets used and dumped?

“What have I done to get this?” I said to myself softly.

Obviously, it wasn’t soft enough because someone answered, “Nothing.”

My head snapped up to see Min Hyuk kneeling in front of me with sadness in his eyes.

“You’ve done absolutely nothing to deserve anything dreadful. God’s just testing you,” he said as he brought his hands up to my cheeks to wipe away my tears.
 

“Oppa, why are you here?”

“I wanted to see you. Sonia, you can just cry if you want to. I’m not stopping you. If you want to vent your sadness or anger out, you should. Don’t bottle it up inside. I’ll give you some privacy now,” he stood, preparing to leave.

“No, oppa! I’m done. Chincha. Just stay with me now,” I grabbed his hand.

He gave a tiny smile and nodded.

“Now, go bathe first. I’ll still be here when you come out,” he assured me.

I grabbed my necessities and took a really long shower so I could feel clean and fresh. I made sure that when I left the washroom, all my bad energy would leave me as well.

When I got out, the TV in my room was switched on and the lighting, dim. I saw Min Hyuk on my bed with a bowl in his hands. I tilted my head to the side like a puppy, curious to what it was.

I crawled on the bed beside him and he said, “I know you haven’t eaten.”

Guilty.

I saw the salad Jade made in the bowl and smiled.

“Did Jade give this to you?”

“No, I overheard you guys talking just now. I hid in the washroom so I could surprise you. Hehe, mian.”

“Oh, that’s okay. I’m glad you’re here,” I grinned.

“Now, say ah!” Min Hyuk told me while he fed me my dinner like a baby. We laughed and laughed, enjoying ourselves.

I went down to the kitchen and got juice for Min Hyuk after my dinner.

When I came back, I saw Min Hyuk wearing a nervous expression on his face.

The TV was muted and he stood up, facing me.

 “Oppa, what’s wrong?”

“Sonia, I was wondering that maybe you could... we... tomorrow...” he stuttered.

“Huh?” I clearly didn’t get what he was saying.

“Would you like to go on a date with me tomorrow?” he sputtered out.

He was nervous and shy but still looked into my eyes as he asked.

“Neh, I’ll look forward to it,” I shyly replied.

“Chincha?!” his face lit up, “I thought you’d turn me down.”

“Why would I do that?”

“’Cause we have class tomorrow.”

“Believe me; I’d rather spend the day with you a billion times more. Where are we going?” I asked, excited about our plans.

“I’ve got something planned out. You’ll see tomorrow.”

“Neh,” I yawned as I got under the covers of my fluffy bed.

He turned off the lights on the wall and got beside me.

“Oppa, I’m excited about tomorrow. I hope everything goes well.”

“Neh, I hope so too. Jall jja,” I could hear the happiness in his voice.

“Jall jja.”