Chapter 35

Charmed

The three of us walked home together and we made plans to celebrate our reunion and the end of the exams that evening. The boys wouldn’t tell me where we were going.

I was in an extremely happy mood. The exam went well. I could answer almost everything precisely. The practical was tricky but manageable. By the time I got home, it was half past 4.

I got Jade to do my hair and Shell to do my make-up. It was weird how much I wanted to look good for the both of them. It really feels good to not have to choose between them. But… I mean, I still have to. I know I’m too far-fetched but I need to get married eventually, right? And I would love it if one of them would be mine forever. But who will be the one? I shook the thought from my head and refused to dwell further on it. I didn't want it to ruin the moment.

 “How do I look?” I asked my besties when I came out of the bathroom. I wore an aquamarine dress with 3 quarter puffy sleeves that reached my mid-thigh. I put my dark brown boots on. My hair was in a ponytail. I felt butterflies in my stomach.

The both of them gasped.

“Oh no… It’s horrible. I need to change!” I panicked.

“ANI!” they both of them screamed.

I looked at them weirdly.

“You look pretty, Sonia. You’re always so self-conscious,” Jade chuckled. “Wait lemme change one thing.”

She approached me and pulled my scrunchy off, making my hair fall nicely in place. “Much better,” she beamed.

We went downstairs and waited for the boys to arrive.

“Ding dong!” the doorbell rang once.

“They’re here!” I screamed. “Oh my gosh….”

“Why are you so nervous?” Shell asked after laughing.

“I don’t know. I just feel that way,” I told her, not being able to answer to my feelings.

“Anyway, good luck! Update us,” Jade sneakily announced.

I was surprised to find Min Hyuk and Jaehyo in a black roofless car when I came out.

“Woah! Did you guys buy this? What a beauty,” I asked the two.

“Unfortunately, no. We just rented it for tonight,” beamed Min Hyuk.

“I assume that we’re going somewhere far then?”

“We’re not giving any hints,” Jaehyo chuckled.

The both of them came out from the car and got beside me. They kissed my cheek and held me hand like a princess when I got in the car. I sat behind.

This is gonna be an awesome night.

After waving to the girls, Min Hyuk drove off. He blasted some songs which all three of us sang too. It was amusing to see the two letting loose. This was the first time I’ve ever seen them like this; so fun and happy. It made me smile to myself.

***

We were hungry and… Okay, we were just extremely hungry. It didn’t help that we were stuck in a traffic jam.

“I knew we should’ve gone out earlier,” Min Hyuk pouted.

“That’s okay; we can wait for a bit more, can’t we?” I said optimistically.

After waiting a few minutes, the traffic light turned green.

“Thank goodness,” Jaehyo said.

Suddenly, we heard screaming and a screeching noise.

“Oppa! WATCH OUT!” I screamed when I saw a speeding van suddenly headed into our direction. There was no way to avoid it. Min Hyuk immediately turned the steering wheel in panic.

***

I opened my eyes halfway and saw bright lights when I looked up. I heard panicked voices around me. Where am I? Why am I lying down? What happened?

“Where am I?” I asked the lady in white beside me.

“You’re in the hospital ma’am. You’ve been in an accident with two of your friends.”

Memories of before I was unconscious came back to me. The people screaming, the blue van headed towards us, the panicked looks on Jaehyo’s and Min Hyuk’s face, Jaehyo getting hit first. But that was all I remembered.

Oh no.

“Bring me to them now,” I almost cried as I tried sitting up.

“Stay down, let us attend to you first,” the nurse told me.

“No, I’m fine. Get me to them! NOW!” I became hysterical.

The nurse held me down till I was in the A & E. The doctors checked on me and did tests. The nurse cleaned the stinging wounds on my face and arms.

“Where are they?” I asked the nurse as tears streamed down my face.

“He’s fine,” she reassured me.

“I said they.”

She looked at me regretfully and walked away.

“Sonia!” I heard Shell’s voice.

I whipped my head around and saw Jade, Shell and the other 5 guys run towards me.

They drowned me in questions.

“Yes, I’m fine,” I answered all of them. “Where are they?”

None of them said a thing.

“Guys, when I ask you a question, answer me. WHERE ARE THEY?!”