Chapter 11

Charmed

At 1 pm on the dot, the doorbell rang. I scurried down the stairs, knowing that Min Hyuk was waiting on the other side of the door. I swung the door and was surprised to find Ji Hoon standing there with a bouquet of purple Carnations.

“Oh… mian. I was expecting someone else,” we both said at the same time disappointingly.

Then we started laughing.

“Jade! Your prince has come for you!” I shouted behind me.

Jade was beside me in a jiffy. She was wearing a pale blue sundress that matched her silky soft and glowing skin perfectly.

Ji Hoon offered his arm like a gentleman and Jade took it.

“Have fun!” I beamed.

“You too!” beamed the cute couple at the same time as they were skipping away. “Jinx!”

“You owe me a double Mocha latte!” shouted Jade.

Ji Hoon nodded like a preschooler.

Sigh…Romance.

I closed the door and reapplied my lip gloss. I looked at myself in the mirror.

Wow! I look hot!

I was wearing a black tank top that was a bit low cut, a pair of denim shorts and cute studded boots. My hazel hair was kind of messy but in a punk rock type of way and my eyeliner was thick but not too thick. I looked like I had an edge and I loved it. Before I knew it, the doorbell rang again. I opened the door to reveal a very cute Min Hyuk, (not that he wasn’t cute the rest of the time) who was dressed in a red plaid shirt that was worn over a fitting black shirt and black jeans. He wore the big black-framed nerd glasses that made him look oh-so cute.

“Wow, you look amazing,” he complimented me.

“Thanks! You look cute. Love the glasses,” I laughed.

“I know,” he said all James Bond-like.

We burst out laughing.

“Okay, so where should we eat?” I asked happily.

“We’ll see on the way.”

We strolled and found a pizza joint around the corner.

After much consideration to all the yummy types of pizzas, we both went for the usual beef pepperoni.

“Hi, can I have a large beef pepperoni?” Min Hyuk said to the hunky guy over the counter who looked stunned by my beauty.

“Sure, that’ll be $11.90.”

Min Hyuk looked disturbed at the way the guy over counter was looking at me. He immediately grabbed my hand to pull me close and put his hand around my shoulders. I was surprised and tried to break free but couldn’t.

He brought his face close to mine and whispered, “Just bare with it for awhile.”

I obeyed him despite not wanting too. I didn’t know why he did it but I didn’t bother to find out. We sat in the far corner of the pizza joint, facing the road.

We ate, chatted happily and left.

By the time we reached the mall, it was 3.30pm. We both agreed that we should shop for Min Hyuk first since I would take a longer time to shop. The place was huge so we tried our best to hurry it up. The moment I saw a shop that matched Min Hyuk’s style, I pulled his hand and brought him in. We selected a couple of great clothes that were affordable and he tried them on. I stood outside of course, guarding the bags of clothes he got.

“Are you done yet? It’s almost 6.30 and you said it’d be my turn,” I whined.

“Yeah, trying the last shirt on,” he chuckled from behind the curtain.

I accidentally caught a glimpse of him changing into the grey shirt he picked. His abs was more toned in daylight than it was in my dim room. He looked irresistible and I barely knew I was gawking. I snapped out of my reverie when my phone started ringing.

“Yobosaeyo?”

“Sonia, Jaehyo here. Are you free tonight?”

“I guess so… Wae?”

“Well, I thought maybe we could… you know… go out for dinner.”

“Oh, I’m outside now. I think I might be able to make it. I’ll update you again.”

“Neh.”

Could I make it in time? I don’t want to be late or not go at all. But I’m not sure if I can go.

“Kaja,” said Min Hyuk satisfyingly, “your turn now.”

I went into a shop with stylish clothes, aware of the time.

“Oppa, I have to make this quick. So, you have to help me and give your opinions.”

“Why are you rushing? We have plenty of time,” he answered sadly.

“I’m going to dinner with Jaehyo.”

For awhile there, he looked hurt, like a puppy that just got abandoned. I felt bad for having to leave him but what could I do? There’s only one of me and there’s only so much I can do.

“Neh,” he said, trying his best to sound unaffected by the news.

After going through most of the shelves in most of the shops, I managed to get 9 dresses, 4 tights and pants each, 8 blouses, 3 pairs of shades and shoes. It was tiring but it felt good to have new stuff. I didn’t spend that much because Min Hyuk flirted with the cashiers so I could get a discount. All in all, everything I bought was worth the buy.

We took a cab home and Min Hyuk offered to pay for me since I helped him shop.

Because I felt bad for rushing and leaving him, I gave him a tight hug before he went into his apartment.

“Gomawoyo, for the great day,” I said smiling appreciatively.

“He was caught off guard by my hug and replied, “Neh, thank you too. I had fun. Pick you up in the morning tomorrow?”

“Neh, we should grab coffee at Starbucks first. See you at 10?”

“Araso!” he exclaimed happily.

I entered my cozy apartment after giving one last wave to Min Hyuk. I raced up the stairs and put down all my things. I immediately took out my cell, calling Jaehyo.

“Jaehyo oppa! Are we still on for dinner?”