Chapter 33

Charmed

I didn’t have to wake up early since there were no classes that day. But that wasn’t the only reason for why I woke up with a huge smile on my face. Memories of last night played in my mind over and over again. I was on cloud nine. Actually, I was more than that. I was so immensely happy that there were no words to describe it.

“What are you smiling about?” Jade and Shell were leaning in my doorway.

“Shell! Jade!” I ran to them and gave them a tight hug.

“Woah, what made you so happy?” giggled Jade.

I told Shell and Jade about the awesome night I had yesterday over breakfast at the kitchen table.

“Not to burst your bubble but, are you forgetting something?” asked Shell.

“What?”

“Min Hyuk.” They both said in unison.

Then it hit me. I have a boyfriend and I cheated on him.

“Oh no…” I whispered guiltily.

“Oh yes. Looks like you’re back to square one; deciding between the two,” announced Jade.

I felt like world came to an end. How could I forget? How could I have not stopped the kiss?

“Eotteokhae?!” I said, almost crying.

“You definitely need to tell him the truth.” Shell said.

“Okay, but what do I do about my feelings? I’m so confused. This is my first ever relationship and I screwed it up.”

“I think if you tell Min Hyuk the truth, you’ll see. If he forgives you and want to continue being in a relationship with you, you tell us and we’ll help you. If he walks away after you’ve told him, then your problem is solved. A man isn’t worth your time if he’s not forgiving,” Jade advised.

“Alright. Thanks guys, you’re the best!”

***

I paced around the room nervously. I was planning what to say to Min Hyuk and Jaehyo. I wanted to talk to them together but I couldn’t risk them fighting or spewing vulgarities or anything. I didn’t wanna lose them both for sure but after what I’ve done, I deserved it.

Hey, I have to talk to you. I messaged him.

There was a knock on the window.

 I opened the window for Min Hyuk and warmed him up. It was a cold morning.

He hugged and stayed there for a few minutes.

“Oppa, I have to talk to you and you probably won’t like what you’re going to hear.”

Min Hyuk looked at me, suddenly serious.

“What is it? Why are you crying?”

I touched my cheek and found that it was wet there.

“Oppa…Yesterday I…I lied to you.”

“What do you mean?”

“I didn’t have any chores to do. And I kissed another guy,” I wept.

Min Hyuk looked like he was hurt.

“It’s true,” someone added. I spun around to see Jaehyo.

I was standing between the two.

I then explained the whole story. Since the feelings I felt on the plane, my mixed feelings for them both, Jaehyo’s relationship with Regina, me getting hurt and the carnival. After I was done explaining, both of the guys were silent. I was still in tears, sniffling away. I waited and waited, praying that they’d say something.

“Oppa, say something,” I looked at Min Hyuk.

When he looked up, I saw tears in his eyes. I hurt him. It was my fault. All mine.

“I knew from the start that you liked the both of us. I knew you had a hard time deciding between the both of us but I still kept telling myself that things might change. When I found out that Jaehyo was with Regina, I thought that maybe, I still had a chance. But I saw how much it hurt you. I knew all this while. Then, when you agreed to go on the date with me, I thought that it was my chance to show how much I loved you. But it looks like nothing’s changed. It’s all still the same. We’re back where we started.”

“So, are you mad at me?”

“Yes and no. I think we should have some time away from each other. That way, you could try to gather your feelings and be clearer with who you like,” Min Hyuk added.

So, we made an agreement in the end. I wasn’t allowed to communicate to the both of them until I was clear about my feelings.