Epilogue

Undeniably Lost

Raw. Unedited.


Epilogue

Two years after their wedding, Jongin and Aeiyoung moves into their new home — somewhere where the location is better, the house is bigger and better for them to live in and for their future family. They bought the house a year before but are only moving in now after much renovation was done. Both of them were on top of it, coming to a mutual agreement at how both the exterior and interior of the house would look like. Since it is a new home they would both be living in together as husband and wife, they tried their best to make everything with contented and satisfied hearts. After all, they aren’t just Kim Jongin and Ji Aeiyoung anymore, they are a team and they are to work together for everything that involves them.

Of course, the male’s previous place was enough. It was actually enough for the both of them, bigger than they both needed even. But, Jongin wanted them to move into a new place where they can start anew as whole. New house, new memories, new chapter, and new adventures. He also decides to keep his previous place as it is contained all the memories they had as boyfriend and girlfriend, all the way to being an engaged couple and initial part of their marriage.

In the end, the both decided to keep the beauty of the original house and just decided to make changes to make it bigger, look more modern, classy and elegant— of course, more sustainable. Overall, it turns out to be a luxurious mansion. But they don’t compromise design over safety. Aeiyoung wished the house to be safe, minimising the hazards, if they are ever blessed with kids. If not, at least, it is safe for everyone. Jongin, on the other hand, prioritises security above everything else. The couple decides to give a separate area for their house staff, a comfortable and safe place for them to sleep and stay in.

“Happy?” Jongin asks Aeiyoung, slipping his hand around her waist. He just returned from the talk he had with their architect, engineer, and interior designer. Everything is all settled.

Aeiyoung turns her head to her husband and shoots a soft and loving smile. “Yeah.” She leans on his shoulder.

They are currently standing on the main family room, looking over the finished work of their competent and talented designers. The result is astonishing. It’s so beautiful.

“So much has happened already.” She whispers.

He curves his lips, with a mind recalling over what happened over the two years. He has to agree, a lot has indeed happened. Jaein has successfully launched her new and first fashion line under her own name as the brand, Sera is currently seeing a man, Jeonho’s taekwondo academy has expanded, Yeonha became the school’s directress and Mina and Chanyeol are celebrating their daughter’s hundredth day since birth in the following week.

With all this, it wasn’t all good things as Jeho suffered from , forcing his wife to retire from workforce and focus aIl her attention to him. It’s an incident that took all of his family, including Aeiyoung’s parents in shock as Jeho has always been known as a man with good health. Given that however, Jeho recovered in a fairly fast speed and is now currently still practicing law and directing his law firm that is one of the biggest in the country.

Another thing was that, J.KEH faced a fiasco after a director from one of his companies have unfairly took many employees out of job and went on a massive strike. It was a matter that shocked Jongin despite suspecting the same director embezzling money from his company. He already has suspected after the mismatch in the financial report he received every quarter. After digging further, however, he found out that the director has stolen more money than initially suspected, forcing a cut off with the employees to compensate the unexplainable loss and fiddle he had been doing.

Luckily enough, Jongin was (and still is) a smart and astute businessman and knew how to act upon the incident accordingly. It also helped that his other trusted staff knew what they were doing and was exceptional at their job, and was able to take the damage control in a minimised manner. The employees that were unfairly dismissed from workforce are now back, the director responsible is fired from his position and is now currently a lawsuit filed by J.KEH’s legal team. His PR team has also took the manner in a stunning way, having the news of the fiasco die down quickly in the industry.

Within all through that, he had Aeiyoung’s support and things have been significantly lighter and felt easier for him. He was able to confront the problem with a rational mind and compassionate heart.

And he can bet that things won’t feel as good as they do know if not for his wife, who was always there to give love and care he never he’d feel (until, of course, when she happened). He wouldn’t have done it without her. She is his fighter, his warrior— just like how he is to her.

Jongin hums and presses her closer to him. He kisses the side of her head before she turns to him. “And I’m glad it all happened and you’re with me.”

Aeiyoung smiles both sadly but sweetly. She squeezes his arm. “Of course. I love you and I made a vow to be here with you. Always.”

He, however, does not miss the look in her eyes and the catch in her smile. “What’s wrong?”

His wife presses her lips and shakes her head. “Nothing’s wrong.” She tells him. “I just thought how things would be so much better and perfect if we already had our baby or if I’m pregnant but…” She sighs and avoids her husband’s gaze.

“Aeiyoung…”

“I’m so sorry, Jongin.” She apologises remorsefully. She presses her forehead against his firm body and then she feels a hand rubbing her back gently. She closes her eyes.

About five months ago, Aeiyoung was confined to the hospital due to chest infection and it made things worse for her husband as he was in New York for a four day business trip. He came back the same day his wife was discharged from the hospital. Dr Kang and Dr Heo had assured them that she was safe to be discharged and only finish the set of antibiotics she was given was needed.

That didn’t take the worry away from Jongin. There was disappointment on himself for his part. He felt like he didn’t care for Aeiyoung properly that it happened, more so he wasn’t there when she needed his care. He made a promise not only to her but to himself and that was to take care of the lady who holds his life together yet he failed to do so.

But here she is, she’s saying sorry for the things she obviously doesn’t want, that she doesn’t have a choice over. It makes him feel rather bad because he knows, more than for herself, she wants this more because of him. He doesn’t want her to stress so much over it but like him, she can be quite stubborn for the thing she wants and maybe for now, he’s going to support her for all he can and give.

“Aeiyoung...” He calls. “Please look at me.” He requests and she does. “What we have right now is perfect. It’s perfect for me and I can’t wish for more.” Then, he adds, “One step at a time. For now, let’s just enjoy what we have, okay?”

Nibbling on her bottom lip, she stares at his eyes and they feel so warm, sincere and and loving. It’s been years, so many things have happened, at times they came in a surge but here they are, still going strong.

As she nods her head, Jongin smiles. He kisses the tip of her nose lightly and hugs her, closing his eyes— feeling her warmth on him. Upon opening his eyes though, he beams up when he sees their dog, Roby, running in with Mikyeong.

“Roby’s here.” He tells her softly. His wife turns and there’s a cheeky smile on his face. “He’ll be our baby for now.”

She giggles. “Okay.” The idea isn’t so bad because it’s been like that since they got him. She bends down to welcome the dog. It’s amazing as Aeiyoung thinks about it. Roby was only six weeks old when they got him, and he’s here now, so big, active and just lovely. It’s such a joy to have him around. He’s grown so much and she feels like a proud momma.

Aeiyoung ruffles and massages Roby’s body, telling him that he has now a bigger area to play and run around and about, not constricted with Jongin's previous flat. Roby barks and displays affection towards his owner.

Mikyeong and Jongin are watching with fond smiles before the latter takes his step and squats down, joining his wife. His hand pets the beautiful golden retriever before eyeing to Aeiyoung with a plan in mind. The lady catches it and looking upon his gaze, she can tell what’s running through his head. The assumption is then confirmed when he says, “Should we take him to his new safe home?”

Within the first floor, there is a spot for Roby to live and sleep in. It is his new dog house (or more so his new bedroom as Aeiyoung likes to think it as) with all the toys he loves to play with. It’s customised in a way to suit solely for the dog, fitting in with his preferences.

They stand on their feet and Jongin beckons Roby over to him. That’s the time when his wife approaches him and whispers, “I’ll follow in a bit. I’ll just talk to Mikyeong.”

The male nods and leads the dog to follow him while Aeiyoung stays back to talk to the housekeeper. “Can we talk?”

The older lady nods, already having an idea of what it could be.

“Gyo told me your granddaughter needs you?”

Mikyeong bows apologetically. She has expected this and she knows no one would’ve told her but the older male. Truth to be told, her four months old grandchild is currently in the hospital, diagnosed with con heart disease. Earlier this morning, she was informed by Jongin’s most trusted man about the situation the older woman was in. What she can’t understand though is why the good housekeeper decided not to talk about them directly.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Aeiyoung asks. “If Gyo hadn’t told me, neither Jongin and I would know.”

“I apologise, Mrs Kim.” She breaks. “I didn’t know how—” She stops. She knows that people she’s working for are good and generous people but more than absence of leave, she is also in need of big money desperately. She doesn’t want them to think that she is abusing their generosity by asking money to support her grandchild in the hospital. She’s going to borrow, in fact. But knowing their good hearts, it was more likely they would give it willingly without asking for anything back. And Mikyeong doesn’t want that. She doesn’t know how else to pay them and surely, even if she works for the rest of her life for them, it won’t be enough.

Aeiyoung, with the compassionate heart she has, has an idea of why the older lady was reluctant to come to them. She had, in fact, talked to Jongin about it on the way and they both have come up with the same decision so, as a result, the male leaves it to his wife to talk with her about it. She presses her lips, thinking of a way to approach her and the situation without making the other party feel guilty. It must’ve been hard. She understands. She and her husband understands.

Calmly, she begins, “Jongin and I have agreed to permit you to take a break from all your duties for us. You can come back to us at anytime and as a butler that will lead the rest of the house staff.” Mikyeong looks at her with wide eyes as Aeiyoung continues, “We will also give you your full payment for this month.”

“But, Mrs Kim, we’re only in the first week.”

“Take it, please.” She says.

The housekeeper bows gratefully.

She is just yet to finish, “We will shoulder all the hospital expenses, everything your granddaughter needs for her treatment so feel no need to worry about that.”

“But Mrs Kim—”

“Jongin doesn’t think of you differently anymore, Mikyeong. And I don’t, too” Aeiyoung interrupts politely. “I’m sure for the years you have worked for him, you would know how he is like. He would rather feel disappointed and offended if you do not accept the help he’s willing to give to you and your grandchild.” She adds, “I’ve seen you work for him and for us. It’s something you deserve so please don’t feel bad.”

“I am going to pay you and Mr Kim back.” She promises.

Something that Aeiyoung doesn’t accept, “No, need for that.” She says. “Just your granddaughter being well is more than enough.”

“Oh.” She gasps. She feels incredibly blessed and utterly thankful for having employers like Jongin and Aeiyoung. She slowly finds hope and now, all she’s praying is that her grandchild would survive it. “Thank you so much, Mrs Kim.” She bows deeply.

“Oh, please.” Aeiyoung flinches and quickly grabs the housekeeper’s hands. She rubs squeezes it and rubs her thumbs on her skin comfortingly. She shoots a soft smile as she says sincerely, “I really hope your grandchild will make it.”

“Thank you again, Mrs Kim.” She bows.

The younger lady acknowledges it and says, “Gyo is getting Manseo to take you to your granddaughter. I wish the best.”

Mikyeong is in the verge of happy tears. She can’t believe it but here it is. It’s right in front of her, so in return, she will do everything she can for the couple. It’s only right for her to do so, after helping to save her dear grandchild.

Seconds later, Manseo comes in and waits patiently in a distance, letting the ladies talk. Upon noticing the newly arrived presence, Aeiyoung turns to her. She bobs her head and lets her know that she can go now. They let go each other’s hands and Mikyeong walks away, uttering a final thank you before really leaving.

When they have left, Aeiyoung follows her husband and Roby to where they are. Jongin is currently on the phone, sitting down while playing with the dog. She takes the opportunity to kneel behind him and hug his shoulder, pressing a firm and long kiss on his head.

Jongin is momentarily caught off guard but relaxes quickly after, melting inside his wife’s embrace. He feels her lean closer to the ear where his phone is over, and that is his cue to continue talking. “Yes, Aeiyoung will be here with me. — No, just come here. It will be a good opportunity for you to see the new place as well.”

Hearing the person from the other line talk again, rhe married couple look at each other in the eyes. The lady mouths, “Sehun?” She receives a nod. “Ask him if he wants anything to eat.”

Jongin relays the message to his best friend. There is a silence on his part as the latter speaks. When done, he says, “Come on, Aei won’t ask if she doesn’t want to.” Hearing his best-friend sigh, the husband chuckles. “So?” Jongin smiles. “Thought so. I’ll see you in…” He glances at his Rolex watch. “about two hours?” He hums. “I’ll hang up now.”

With the call ending, he turns and gets his wife to sit on his lap. Roby moves along and runs around actively. Her arms are around his neck when he hears her ask, “So what did Sehun wanted to eat?”

“He said any meat dishes would do. You know how he loves meat.” He says, snuggling his nose under her ear.

She giggles and pushes him slightly. “Are you guys going to talk more about the potential partnership?” He nods and an excited smile paints on her lips.

“It’s basically a done deal but of course, we’re just going to need to talk more about it as explicitly as we can before the contract signing.”

She is playing with his locks as she says calmly, “I’m sure it’s going to turn out well.”

Jongin is in the same page. He actually feels good that Sehun finally approached him and opened up about the partnership the same time he thought of it. It’s not only going to benefit one of the companies under J.KEH but as well as his company. It’s a win-win situation for both parties.

“Oh, right. Mikyeong just left off and told her what we’ve discussed.” She informs him. “She’s really, really grateful.”

“She deserves it.” He says and she totally agrees with that.

“Come on,” She urges and gets up. She holds her hand to pull him up. “I have to prepare for Sehun’s arrival and you need to freshen up too.”

“What about you?”

“I’ll be cooking so I’ll just do it after.”

“I’ll just join you. Let’s cook together.” Aeiyoung gives him a weird look. “It’s lonely to shower alone.” He reasons and his wife gives him an even more weirder look. He laughs, admitting affectionately, “Fine, I just really want to join you.”

That’s only when she smiles. “Alright, come.” She bobs her head out and calls Roby.

As they approach the main, spacious kitchen, three of the present kitchen staff bow their heads. The couple acknowledges them and lets them know that they can leave for the time being, Aeiyoung wanting the kitchen all to herself as she cooks. Once they leave the area, she turns to her husband, “I’m pretty proud you still don’t hesitate showing your affection towards me.”

Jongin looks at her confusedly. “What?”

“Some men, you know. They don’t really show that much affection once they know they’ve got the girl completely. The courting and honeymoon stage… it just goes away, I guess?” She says unsurely, while grabbing the ingredients from the pantry and fridge. As she glances at him, she sees him looking at her carefully. She stops. “Like yeah, they still love each other.” She continues with what she’s doing, Jongin’s gaze following her. “They’re so secured that they don’t bother to show any of that as much anymore like the way they did when they’re new to the relationship.” Then, when she looks up, she meets his eyes.

Jongin locks it. There is a silence and Aeiyoung can’t make something out of it. His gaze is rather unreadable.

“Aren’t they…?” She asks again softly.

And just before she looks away, he speaks up, “I will forever express my affection towards you. Anytime. Anywhere.” The look in his eyes is so sincere, Aeiyoung can see through it. It makes her heat pump up so hard. “Our story is different.” He continues on as he strides around to hold her hands. “I made a vow. I’m not just going to love you everyday but I’m going to love you more each day for the rest of our lives.” He tells her. And he wishes that hopefully, she won’t ever get enough of it. “This is my language of love for you. It’s to express with the best way I can. I don’t really care about other people. They don’t matter to me. You do. They are never going to matter as much as you do to me. Hm?” She nods, her heart swelling, blowing up with love and she just loves it. “Do you not like it?” He asks.

She knows what he’s referring to as she says, “I do. I love it so much when you do.” She smiles. “What kind of girl wouldn’t? But at the same time, I would understand if you aren’t as affectionate to me as much anymore. I am okay just with the mere feeling that I know I have your love.”

“Well, your man always likes going for more and you know, with you, I don’t like to settle for any less.” He counters.

“Yeah.” She agrees. “You do have that habit.”

Kissing the side of her eye, almost close to her temple, he asks, “So what can I do to help?”

Aeiyoung giggles and withdraws her hands from his. She grabs the vegetables and turns to him, “Wash these for me so I can cut them.”

Jongin nods and takes the vegetables. He heads to sink and washes them before giving it back to Aeiyoung. Then, he walks back and takes a seat to watch his wife cook. It is a cooking show exclusively for him to watch and he’s glad that no other man can watch her do this. It’s a sight, a side of many actually, only for him to see.

She proceeds cooking three different meals, all different kinds but definitely goes well together with each other. She wants to give her husband’s best friend a choice when he comes over later. As she waits for one of the dishes she’s cooking to simmer, she leans over and faces her love. “Enjoying the sight, Mr Kim?”

He smirks and answers, “Very much, Mrs Kim.”

Aeiyoung laughs and cups her husband’s chin to squeezes his cheeks, making his lips pout. Then, she leans in and presses her lips fully to his, making him make a grunt at the back of his throat. She leans back and leans again to kiss the tip of his nose this time. For some reason, she suddenly feels incredibly lucky and really happy to have someone like Jongin next to her side. She’s in wonder what exactly did she do to deserve him?

“You’re being a tease, Aei.” He calls and he only receives a titter from her. “I might not be able to control myself and you might not end up finishing to cook those.”

His wife only beams brighter at him, seemingly having fun to see him like this. “Oops?” She says cheekily with her eyebrow raised. Then, she chuckles again and pats his cheek before turning around again. She focuses her attention back to the stove like nothing happened but the buoyant remains to ooze out of her aura— even when her back is facing him.

Jongin is there. He breathes out and shakes his head fondly. Even when she gets this cheeky… His wife… Oh, how much he loves her. She may always have been that quiet and reserved girl to others, but to her, her transparency just unveils and he loves it. She only laughs so much, becomes playful as much, cheeky, and so carefree whenever she is with him and honestly, Jongin is so happy about that. No one else gets to see this real or side of Aeiyoung. It’s so exclusively for him and he loves it to bits.

He continues to watch her quietly, attending a few phone calls in between from his VP. Something that Aeiyoung has gotten used to over time. Jongin will always be busy with phone calls and she understands that. She continues to, even at the very beginning. Perhaps, the only time it upsets her is if they are out on a date, a time supposedly only for themselves, gets interrupted with work. As much as she understands, it isn’t at times okay for her and Jongin always being sensitive about his wife’s feelings realised this.

Eventually, he learns how to time when to attend and not these phone calls, wanting to make it better for Aeiyoung. But for the times there’s a need, which can’t be helped, she permits him benignly. It makes it more bearable for her because he knows how to make up to it after. It’s like he never gets tired to court her even when they are solely committed to each other. So, instead of getting upset, she’s just thankful for having a husband a like her.

By the time he’s in the middle of the third call, Aeiyoung finishes cooking. She turns the stove off with a satisfied smile. The kitchen staff promptly comes in and tells the lady that they are to take over from there. She doesn’t argue with that and nods her head appreciatively at them. She follows her husband who is by the entertainment area where Roby is with him— who is hydrating himself with the bowl of water he’s given.

When she sees that he puts his phone down, ending the call, she gives a questioning look. “Done?”

“Done.”

They say almost simultaneously.

“You’re done too?” He asks and she hums as a response.

“Should we take a shower now?”

“Yes.” He entwines their hands together and pulls her gently towards their bedroom.


 

They are in the shower. Aeiyoung joins her husband inside the spacious shower cubicle, coming from the bathtub. Jongin turns and brushes his hair back, droplets of water falling from the tip of his nose down to his chest and middle. A smile curves his lips as he sees her holding a body puff and squirts some body wash on it.

She looks at him through her beautiful eyelashes and asks, “Can I?”

The curve on his lips grows wider. “Of course.” He’s more than willing.

With a hand on his one shoulder, the other holding the body puff brushes and slides through the other side and down to his chest. It’s careful and delicate. Then, it goes down to his abs, to his lower stomach and around his hips.

Filling in the tranquil silence while holding her close, Jongin breaks the silence, “Manseo is going to take you to work from now on. It isn’t a short drive from here to Iveely and I know how tiring your days can get.” Je furthers, “I don’t want to risk anything.”

Aeiyoung gazes up at him, carefully admitting, “I handed my letter of resignation today.”

He frowns in confusion. “You did what?”

“I’m going to stop from working for the meantime.”

Yes. He gets that. “But why?”

She wraps her arms around his neck. “I talked to Dr Kang and the Ob-gyn and they think that the stress and labour I’m getting from work is contributing as to why it is difficult for me to get pregnant. They both reckon that staying at home, being free from as much stress as possible is a healthier option for me and my condition.” She explains softly.

“But you like working.” He reasons.

She nods. “I do. But I’ve thought a lot about it and for quite some time now. And I think… this is the best decision I can choose for us.”

“Are you sure about this?”

She nods again. “I am. I want to give my everything for us.”

“You know, there’s no need for this, right?”

Humming, she reassures him, “But I want to do this for us.”

Jongin sighs but in affection, the same time in worry and hugs her wife. He knows how much working meant for Aeiyoung— how much she loves it, how much she’s ever willing to give everything to it, and how much it has filled all her life since graduating. It’s all she’s done and he knows just how exactly this change will affect her and yet she did it, for him, for them. She’s willing to give all that up for the sake of the family they want to build.

As they pull back, he asks her, “What are your plans now?” He knows how uncomfortable it makes Aeiyoung feel doing nothing.

“I’ll find out soon. Maybe, help Jaein with her line or just… anything. Something less strenuous than what being an event coordinator demands out of me.”

“Okay.” He bobs his head. “I’m sure Jaein would be ecstatic finding out about that. And I’m here, anyway. I’ll take care of you.”

“I know you will.” She says undoubtedly. Perhaps, that is the reason why deciding for her wasn’t so hard to come around. Because she knows Jongin will be there for him, just like how she will be for him.

Satisfied and relieved, Jongin brushes her cheekbone with his thumb gently. They share another kiss, sealing and stamping their undying love evidently to their hearts again.


 

For the next three years, Jongin took care of Aeiyoung like he had promised. In fact, personally, he liked it better from that moment onward. He knew it wasn’t easy for Aeiyoung. It was a big leap— a big adjustment but then, he gave all his support, effort and care so she wouldn’t feel down and useless. The least he wanted was her to feel blue and dispirited.

And upon seeing Aeiyoung restful, untroubled, and relaxed, Jongin couldn’t describe how much he loved the sight of it. Yes, he liked Aeiyoung doing what she loves, but moreover that, he was also fond of this sight that his wife didn’t looked as stressed and tired anymore.

Coming home almost every night with her welcoming him with this beautiful smile and sparkly eyes, if not, coming home with her, is his everyday’s highlight.

But of course, it isn’t all that. Over the days of the three years that passed, Aeiyoung being free from work and having more flexible time, Jongin was able to take her with him on overseas business trips. They get to see the world and spend those days like their honeymoon days or simply just how a real married couple would. It became an opportunity for Jongin to let his wife try all the adventures she never got to do in her younger years.

For Aeiyoung, on the other hand, it is a new start for her. Almost like a new life, except she isn’t always at the brink of being neglected or being alone anymore. In this new life of hers, she is with her husband, Jongin. The restart was nerve-racking but at the same time felt exciting.

It was like she finally got out of her shell, out her usual and comfort zone, ready to take on the activities and adventures she hadn’t had a chance to try before. There were activities that scared her quite a bit but she conquered it and faced it with a braver heart. She wouldn’t have done it without her.

That was what they did for their honeymoon, truth to be told. Apart from only just relaxing, the couple enjoyed their private alone time doing that and trying out different outdoor adventures at the same time.

Jongin thought it was a great opportunity to do that for their honeymoon. Not only they got to spend the time together, but he also got her what he wanted her to try for so long. They went to the beach, flying to a couple of tropical countries where there is sun and no winter and tried all sorts of beach activities and then for the following days, they went hiking, tried ATV and camped out, stargazed and had bonfire. But after that, it was back to normal. They were back to their busy and hectic days.

This time though, with all the time they had, Jongin doesn’t go to waste any of it. He stays a day or few longer than necessary so that he has that time to spend with his wife alone after his scheduled business meetings and agendas.

And for the days they are at their home country, Aeiyoung spends it by helping out Jaein with her new line, visiting few charitable organisations,visiting Jongin’s parents, Sera, and her parents from here and there and taking Roby out to play or most of the time even, going to her best-friend’s house and help her babysit her daughter, Kela.

Currently, she is dressing up for another social gathering with her husband. This one of the many times already and although she isn’t so fond going to such events, she knows she’s got to— as Jongin’s wife. And for the few nights when she really couldn’t go, or more accurately, didn’t want to go, Jongin would choose to skip it and leave his trustworthy VP, Rheid, to attend it on his behalf.

But for this one, she is rather excited because the gathering is the second charity ball hosted by Sehun and Mina held for the two consecutive years. It is not only another night of gathering and socialising as all the proceeds of the event will go for a good cause. She’s after that.

“Are you ready?” Aeiyoung hears her husband, coming from the wardrobe, putting his cuff links together. His necktie hanging around his neck, still untied.

She turns and sees his figure approaching her. “Mhm, I’m ready.” She lets him view her face. “Do I look decent?”

“Stunning.” Jongin remarks upon meeting her countenance. She’s looking radiant.

Her lips curve in a satisfied smile. Then her eyes notice his unready attire. “Do you need help?”

“Please.” He calls.

Aeiyoung laughs lightly and stands on her heels. She’s wearing a silver dress that matches her skin tone very well with a slight low-cut deep V-neck and small slit on one leg to show some skin. It is a y yet conservative dress that matches her very well.

She walks towards her husband and ties his neck tie. Whilst doing so, she doesn’t notice that his gaze are focused and steady on her until she looks up.

She creases her eyebrows slightly. “Why?”

“Nothing. I just still couldn’t believe that of all men who could’ve gotten you, it was me who did.”

She beams. Her husband is yet again being sweet with his words. It’s something that he hadn’t stop doing even after being years into the relationship or more specifically, marriage. Finishing tying the knot, she dusts the shoulder of his coat softly and utters sincerely, “Well, I still couldn’t believe that of all beautiful ladies who would do everything to be with you and were wanting you, you chose me.”

“That’s different.” He counters.

“How so?” She asks. But before he can say a sound, she quickly follows with her sincere heart. “I’m just thankful of the love you gave me and you continue giving me. Thank you, Jongin.”

“I’m thankful too. I know it isn’t easy to love a man like me because of what I do but you always make me feel enough.” And that’s what continues to push Jongin to keep making effort, giving his all to his wife. He can be a greedy man, after all. He just doesn’t want to feel enough for her but he wants to be enough for her. He can see himself doing that for the rest of his life and he’s more than willing do that. He’s excited too, in fact. “I love you.”

Caressing his cheeks, she kisses him and whispers clearly as she pulls back, “I love you, too.” They smile to each other as the tips of their noses touch. “Come. I can’t wait to see Kela.” Holding her hand, he chuckles and they head out to go to the ball.

Upon getting off the car, Aeiyoung gives her thanks to Gyo and hooks her arm around Jongin’s before he unlinks it to hold her by the waist as they enter the extravagant venue hall.

As a lady welcomes them, she hears a familiar squeal. She beams and turns her head to see her best-friend’s daughter running towards her in her lovely white ball gown. Her arms are wide open as she takes little but fast steps to her. Following behind is her father who initially panics but relaxes as he sees that it is Aeiyoung his daughter is running to. Jongin lets his wife go so she can bend down and welcome the young little girl.

Aeiyoung willingly takes Kela to her embrace and kisses her. She laughs and carries her. “Missed me?”

Kela nods her head with her lower lip jutting quite a bit. She looks so adorable. “Why didn’t you go with us to the Disneyland?”

“I loved to, baby.” She says. “Maybe next time. Mummy and I will arrange that as soon as we can, okay?”

She hums with her little finger tapping her cheek. “Okay!”

“Oh, where’s Mummy?”

“She’s there!” Kela points and the woman’s gaze follows.

Mina is currently talking to another lady who seems to be the, or one of the event organizer staff, making last minute demands about the event.

Aeiyoung bends down and carefully lets the young girl stand on her feet to run to her mother. She turns and sees her husband talking to Chanyeol. They give each other a nod, before going.

“Mummy!” Kela calls, interrupting the conversation her mother is having.

The mother turns and dismisses the woman off. She lowers herself to talk to her daughter. “Where’s Daddy?” Chanyeol is supposed to be looking after their daughter.

The young girl ignores the question. “Auntie Aeiyoung is here.”

“Hello to you too.” Aeiyoung teases, stepping forward to meet Mina’s cheek with hers. The latter rolls her eyes making her best friend chuckle. “Stressed?”

She sighs in exasperation. “I can’t fully trust this team for some reason. Well, first for the fact that the original coordinator filed a leave of absence weeks before. That’s why I don’t feel very much at ease.” She utters, knowing how professional and exceptional Aeiyoung is at the job she used to do. “It’ll be different if it’s you coordinating all this.”

Aeiyoung looks around. From the venue, from how things are going on so far, the set up, the people, and everything else an event coordinator would normally look out for— the basics. “I think it’s fine.” Though personally, there are a few unnecessary and some missing things she would have as an input if she was still an event coordinator.

“Yes, because I started to be that nagging—” She covers her daughter’s ears. “.”

“Mina, trust me. I think this would do. And please, don’t stress yourself too much. You have baby number two.” She reminds, bobbing her chin towards her best-friend’s womb. The mother’s protective hand goes over it and Aeiyoung continues by asking, referring to the event, “Is this going to be an annual thing now?”

“Sehun and I are definitely considering it. It’s really worth it at the end.”

“I think it’s a good idea. Jongin thinks the same as well.”

“Oh where’s he?”

Aeiyoung looks back and now finds her husband talking to both Chanyeol and Sehun. “There.” She bobs her head towards them.

“Mummy, mummy.” The young girl tugs Mina’s gown. “I want chocolate.” She says, pointing towards the chocolate fountain.

“Okay, we’ll get some but first, I need you to behave. Is that a deal?”

Putting her little thumb out, she chirps with a wink, “Deal.”

The program for the charity ball starts a few minutes later and after all the pleasantries with acquaintances, the guests settles down and takes their own designated seats.

Aeiyoung looks over the list that are set to be auctioned that was over the table. Her hand covers her husband’s hand and leans closer. “You made three donations?”

Jongin’s head turns to the list before breaking into a gentle smile. “Yeah, the more the better isn’t it? It’s for a good cause.”

She smiles proudly at him before turning back to the list and sees Jaein’s fashion name as part of the list. “Jaein donated too?” He nods. “How come I didn’t know about it?”

“It wasn’t until the last minute, I think. She thought it was better to give in something, given she can’t come tonight.”

“Ah.” She nods, understanding what he said.

After the dinner, the main event— charity auction— commences. After the announcement of where the proceeds of the auction are going, everyone, like how Sehun, Mina and donors have hoped, has actively participated in the bidding. For some, this is an opportunity to flaunt their wealth but neither Sehun or Mina cares about that anymore. They are more, in fact, concerned about the money they could get by the end of this evening to give those who need them for the troubled population and troubled countries around the world.

Jongin and Aeiyoung bids for a stay in Austria, with intentions to contribute to the accumulation of proceeds that will go for those who badly needs them. They do the bidding, not because they are after the item but because of the money they could give. In the end, they end up to be the highest bidder at twenty five thousand five hundred dollars.

By the end of the night, during the last dance, the emcee announces that the night managed to collectively accumulate a stunning amount of six hundred eighty thousand, seven hundred and fifty dollars. It is an amount that can go places.

Kela is already sleeping in Chanyeol’s shoulder, too tired to carry on for the night. When his older sister tries to take his daughter away from him so he can move around, little Kela whines and clings to her father.

Chanyeol bobs his shoulders with a sly smile, subtly proud that his daughter doesn’t want to be away from him. Besides, he doesn’t want her older sister to carry a little girl with her dress. As a good brother, he tells his sister to enjoy the rest of the night and in which she does so albeit rather reluctantly.

Mina soon joins her husband and checks on her daughter. She smiles and presses a good night kiss on the top of her head. “You sure you’re okay?” She clarifies to Chanyeol.

“Of course.” He confirms.

Aeiyoung and Jongin are looking— watching the scene fondly. They are really happy with how Mina and Chanyeol’s family has turned out. They have a beautiful daughter and one is coming on the way in the next eight months.

For now, Aeiyoung can only dream such picture of her and her husband. It disheartens her until date that no matter how much she has done— improving herself, both mentally and physically, and sacrificing her job— they still weren’t blessed.

Their specialists have recommended them to go for IVF procedure. It is considered to be a safe procedure and a common treatment for infertility. But Jongin knew how it’s going to take a psychological and physical toll on his wife and he doesn’t want that. Moreover, the success rate doesn’t go beyond half and if ever it fails, he knows it’s only going to put more stress than necessary on Aeiyoung.

Usually, he would consider about what his wife would want about the matter, but for this one, knowing her, it’s going to be a no and nothing is yet to change his mind. He knows she’s willing to do it, completely ignoring the reluctance inside her, for his sake. But Jongin’s priority is her, not himself. She holds his life and he can’t really let anything happen to her. Fortunately enough, it is a decision Aeiyoung fully understood. She just wishes she can do more but perhaps, it’s not yet time.

 

Well, not until five months later. Aeiyoung made a phone call to her husband, letting him know that she was at the hospital. She was quick to reassure that nothing has happened to her but she just needed him to there.

Jongin came to the hospital with an uneasy and agitated heart. He walked in inside the office of Aeiyoung’s ob-gyn, finding her to be sitting before the specialist’s table. She stood up and welcomed her husband with a kiss on his cheek. She then pulled him to take a seat. After carefully looking at her countenance, there was a happy yet sad smile mixed together. He didn’t know what to make out of it. Probably because Aeiyoung didn’t know what to feel much about it either.

“Mrs Kim Aeiyoung is six weeks pregnant.” The doctor announced.

The male’s eyes widened in surprise and looked at his wife for confirmation and made sure he was not hearing things. When she nodded, though with her tight smile, he felt elevated. He almost cheered if not for the worried gaze she was wearing. “What’s wrong?” Not hopeful for the answer to come from her, he turned to the doctor.

“Given Mrs Kim’s medical history and condition at the moment, she falls under high-risk pregnancy. But please, rest assured that we will do everything to keep her and the baby safe and healthy as we can. We’re going to work hand in hand with a perinatologist to look over Mrs Kim closely throughout the stages of her pregnancy.”

Jongin’s hand reached out for his wife’s. He clenched on it as he asked the doctor again, “What does she and I have to do?”

“For now, Mrs Kim would need as much as bed rest as possible. She needs to be away from stress, a complete healthy diet. We usually would recommend exercises but at the moment, the perinatologist and I will need to discuss which exercises will be appropriate and most beneficial for her.”

“I see.” He looked at his wife concernedly. He knew she was just as worried as he was and he really couldn’t stop her from doing so. But at the same time, during those moments, he was already thinking what he can do for her and their baby. Now, he has all the chance to do what he failed with his first. He vowed to do all he can and give all his best for his love and their baby be safe and healthy.

By the time they hopped on the car, Jongin’s protective embrace quickly engulfed Aeiyoung. He was glad that she was safe and nothing happened to her. Moreover, he felt happy. Finally, after so many years and times of attempt, they were finally blessed. Their wish came to them and their dreams came true. For what the future was holding, both Aeiyoung and Jongin were assured that they were going to face it together and one.

Feeling his warmth, she heard her husband ask, “Do you want me to work from home?” She looked up and met his eyes. “I can do that. So I can look after you better.”

“No,” She shook her head. “I’m fine. There’s no need for that yet.”

“Are you sure?”

She hummed. “I will tell you when there’s the need. Your employees and company need you.”

“But you’re my priority. And right now, you need me more than they do.”

Reassuring him, she brought her palm to his cheek and caressed his skin with her thumb. She smiled warmly. “It’s really okay. I am not as yet fragile.” She lifted her face and kissed his chin. Her eyes remained sincere as she looked at him. “You’ll know when you have to. I promise to tell you.”

“Okay.” He nodded. “When are we going to tell the family?”

“I’ll leave that to you.” She said. “Hopefully, we don’t worry them as much.”

The following night, apart from Jongin informing their family, he has also decided to start working from home whenever possible. He considered what his wife told him. He had no doubt that she would be fine because Aeiyoung always knew her limit. She has proven this a lot of times, one quick example would be when she went to Dr Kang and her ob-gyn because of the suspicious spotting she experienced (that she isn’t supposed to have in the first place)— hence why she found out she’s pregnant.

Over the past years, Aeiyoung finally learnt how to look after herself better than she ever did before. That’s why she has his full trust on her on such matter. But Jongin made the decision to ease his own heart. Despite the trust, there was still the anxiety of anything happening to her and he’s afraid he won’t be there when she needs him. The only way he knew how to get rid of that was to be with her as much as possible. Explaining this side to his wife, she gave in, fully understanding the shoes he’s standing on but she was firm in the condition that he would only be there at home, with her, if it wasn’t necessary for him to be at J.KEH.

The next day came in Younji and Yeonha to check on the pregnant lady. Expressing their worry and concern by obligating themselves to come as often as they can to check up on her to make sure that their future grandchild and the mother would be as healthy as possible. Jaein also made it clear that Aeiyoung doesn’t have to worry much about her line. She assured that if she really needed to seek help, she would personally come to their house instead of the sister-in-law coming for her. She was adamant about it.

Well, more adamant this time after being certain about wanting to be there for Jongin’s proposal but still didn’t make it. She was so upset then but having a soft heart, it was quick to be forgiven. It wasn’t like anyone else was there anyway. It was just the two of them which was a good thing. (But, in Jongin’s defense, he did let his sister meddle as much as she could on the creative details for their wedding. It was enough for Jaein really, making her almost forget about being absent in the proposal.)

After working closely with her doctors, Aeiyoung found the exercises that would be appropriate for her and the baby— nothing too strenuous and ought to be more relaxing for both lives, her diet were carefully looked over as well. Sera was there whenever she can be for assistance. She did everything for her and their baby. The months went by pretty well, the frequencies of the doctor visits reduced also.

Everything was going well...

Until on the evening of another family dinner, on the thirtieth week of Aeiyoung’s pregnancy, while being next to her husband, she softly grasps on his arm, not having enough energy to hold on any tighter and loses consciousness, shocking everyone at the dinner.

As an agitated and distressed Jongin paces back and forth in the hospital hallway, Jaein, and their parents are silent and extremely worried. Sera walks in with her hospital gown, seemingly coming from her rounds at the pediatric department.

“Has the doctor come out yet?” She asks quietly, receiving a response from her little sister by shaking her head.

Verbally, Younji answers. “No, not yet, sweetie.” She’s feeling weak but she has to be strong for her children. So, her husband holds her. Jeho rubs her arms in a comforting manner— although he, himself is quite anxious too.

Jongin leans back on the wall, not knowing what to do at all with his heart that has been restlessly pumping in a very rapid manner. He can barely breathe. He just needs them to be okay.

With the door opening, he jerks up to his feet and Sera becomes his pillar of strength by holding him together with his arms. She acknowledges her fellow doctor before the latter turns to the husband of her patient. Not going around the bush, indicating the urgency of the matter, she goes straight to the point for the update. She updates them with the patient’s condition, briefly but explicitly explaining to them what happened and what is happening. The doctor concludes, “Both your wife and your child’s life is in danger. We need to take out the baby as soon as we can otherwise it would be impossible for both of them to make it.”

Jongin bites the inside of his cheeks, wanting to punch a wall out of anger, disbelief and frustration. But above all, he is just in disbelief and devastation.

Jeho steps forward, knowing how his son is currently in a surge of emotions. Jeonho follows along with his wife. “We can’t do anything but to give you our full trust with Aeiyoung and our grandchild.”

“I promise to do my everything, Mr Kim.” The doctor vows. Then, he greets and acknowledges Aeiyoung’s parents. “Mr and Mrs Ji.”

Jaein is currently with her brother, trying to get the most out of him. The only thing she can do at the moment is to be there for her brother’s side along with Sera.

Sniffing, Jongin clears his throat and turns to the doctor. “Is it possible to see my wife?”

As a response, the specialist smiles softly and bobs her head. “Of course. Nurse Xi or—” She gestures towards Sera. “Dr Kim here can show you.”

The anxious male follows his older sister’s lead and sees his wife lying on the bed, now conscious but looks very weak. Her lips are pale and her eyes look very tired. It’s a sight that continues to pain Jongin but managed to deal with each time because in the end, she remained to be safe, alive and breathing in his arms. And this time, Jongin can only wish for that. For his wife to fight for her life and for their baby as well. He’s not ready to lose her yet. Not yet. No.

“Hey…” Aeiyoung greets weakly, slightly raising her arm up to reach out for his hand.

Her husband quickly grabs it and holds on it tight. A grip that speaks like if he doesn’t clench on it, it goes loose, she’ll disappear. Jongin loathes the mere thought. Breathless, he requests, “Please fight for me. For us. For the three of us.”

A frail smile forms in her face. He doesn’t whether it’s to reassure him, to comfort him or what but he wants to see her smile brightly again— out of the hospital bed, out of this horror. “We saw this coming, didn’t we? We’ve talked about this and we’ve agreed to choose and save our child no matter what.”

“Aeiyoung…” He feels his heart drop to his stomach.

With the little amount of energy she’s got left, she squeezes his hand. “I promised I’ll fight. I always keep my promises, don’t I? As much as I can.”

“Don’t leave me.” He whispers desperately.

“No matter what happens after this, take care of our child, okay?”

He shakes his head. “Don’t talk like this.”

She puts her palm on his cheek. “I’m just saying.” She says. “I love you.”

He snuggles the side of his face deeper in her hand. Kissing it, he responds sincerely. “I love you too.”

Aeiyoung’s specialist comes in and clears , regretful that she has to interrupt the moment. “Mr Kim, I’m sorry but we need you to wait outside.”

Reluctant to leave, Jongin kisses the top of her hand and her forehead. “I’m waiting.”

She nods and gives a smile. She tries to give it to be the sweetest and most loving one she can give, if ever this will be the last picture he’ll remember of her.

The husband faces the doctor before completely walking out the room. “Please take care of my family."

“Of course, we will, Mr Kim.” She assures and lets the male walk off.

 

The next hours are as dreading to Jongin. Yeonha is already crying silently for her daughter while Jeonho has tears that have streamed down his cheeks he hasn’t noticed. Youngji and Jeho are praying Aeiyoung’s and their grandchild’s wellbeing and safety. Jaein is worriedly watching out for her brother. Sera is off to make sure that everything is ready once Aeiyoung and Jongin’s child is born.

After what seemed to be forever, the doctor comes and has her lips pressed together into a half smile.

“You have a baby boy.” She announces. “And he’s a little warrior.” She states. “Despite being premature, his apgar score is higher than expected but we still need to look after him closely.” Wave of relief goes through the entire family, particularly the father. “So far now, there is nothing to worry about him. He should be fine. He’s a healthier premature boy than foreseen. He just needs time to be in the ICU but after that, we believe he’ll be okay then.”

“Thank you.” Jongin says. But then… his wife. How is Aeiyoung?

Noticing the look on the his eyes, the doctor takes it as a cue to let them know about the mother’s condition. “Mrs Kim unfortunately lost a lot of blood during the cesarean procedure but we are all trying our best. We just hope that she will push through.”

The male is in mix of emotions even he, himself, can’t distinguish. He’s about to go insane like he died so many times but is still breathing somehow. He is relieved and happy his son is okay. It’s a boy! The mini version of him. Aeiyoung will be so happy, he thinks. And he wants her to see their son, their baby; their bundle of joy! She needs to get through this. He can’t lose her now. They can’t lose their queen now.

Putting his palm over his face, he takes a deep breath until he feels his lung inflated and clogged up. Then he exhales and prays that the love of his life will fight. A new chapter of their lives is just about to begin, with him, with her and their child. He’s extremely grateful for being so blessed since Aeiyoung came to his life but would it be a greed to ask if she can be with them for a very, very long time?

“She will be fine, son.” Younji solaces.

“My daughter is a fighter.” Yeonha follows. “She’ll make it.”

Jongin can really just hope so. He can only hope so.

So for another set of hours of drowning in misery and uncertainty, Aeiyoung’s team of doctors comes out. The husband jerks up and stands to his feet faster than anyone did. He walks up to them desperate to know what happened to his wife.

The head of the team smiles. “I think we now know who your son got his quality of being a warrior from.” She starts. “Mrs Kim is okay.” She announces, the tension dissipates. “She is under close observation but she’s passed the most critical stage. We just need her system to keep up so she can pass through another critical one. After that, she’ll push through.” She concludes. “Congratulations to your new family, Mr Kim.”

“Can I see her?” He asks.

“Not for now, Mr Kim but we’ll notify you once it’s clear to do so.” The doctor regretfully informs.

That’s okay, Jongin thinks. At least his wife is safe. She’s okay. She’s breathing. She’s alive. “Thank you.” He says and lets the doctors leave.

For the meantime, Jongin heads to the nursery area where his son is. He watches him breathe despite the tubes attached on him. He’s so small and fragile but so beautiful. He’s radiating. Those tiny little hands, his feet, his very soft and delicate skin. How he can’t wait to hold him with Aeiyoung. What doctor’s said were true, his first son is a fighter— a warrior, like how his wife is.

By the end of the following day, Aeiyoung opens her eyes and squints, slightly confronted with the brightness of the area. As her view gets clearer, she sees her husband looking at her.

“Welcome back, sweetie.” He greets, firmly kissing her lips. “Thank you for coming back.”

She smiles softly and slides her thumb across his cheek as she cups it with her hand.

“Our son made it safely. He’s a healthy baby boy.”

She tilts her head. “It’s a boy?”

He nods. “The cutest and handsomest baby boy.”

A satisfied and relieved smile continues to paint her face. Her eyes starts to twinkle, forgetting the numbness and pain she’s feeling and felt earlier. Their baby is a boy. It is indeed a good decision that they chose not to find out their child’s gender because it didn’t really matter anyway. The element of surprise is there and it’s worth it. (Although both mothers of the parents already assumed that it was a boy by the shape of Aeiyoung’s womb. They were not wrong.)

“Where is he?”

“He’s at the nursery.” He explains “He was just here with you but you weren’t up yet.” She nods. Then, he breathes out and hugs her carefully. “Thank you, Aeiyoung. Thank you for fighting.”

“What did you name him?”

“What we agreed on…” He answers and curls her hair behind her ear. “Jino. Kim Jino.”


 

Five years later, Jino is running around the meadows like an active and energetic child he is. He is currently playing with Mina’s children and Roby. Usually, Aeiyoung will get worried with a mother’s heart, in mind that her son might trip and hurt himself. But over time, she learnt that she needs to let him be, she needs to let him play and enjoy his childhood by running around and having fun at the same time. If he ever gets hurt, no matter how concerned she would be, he needs to stand up on his own if he can.

Jino is a healthy and strong boy. He can be really mischievous at times but he has grown up to be dashing, already turning heads whenever he comes over to visit his father at J.KEH.

“I wonder how your son never gets tired!” Mina exclaims, panting as she keeps her eyes on the three children chasing each other around. “He’s the youngest out of them but he has the most energy.”

“He’s so active, isn’t he?” The proud mother says.

“He is.” She agrees. “Such a cutie too.”

The mothers continue to watch their children until the youngest boy comes to the table where mother and her best-friend are standing by. His lower lip is hanging and reaches for his water bottle.

Then, when he sees his Mum’s eyes are on him, he beams and puts down the bottle and jogs towards her. He wraps his arms around her and kisses her belly.

Aeiyoung brushes his damp hair, wet by his sweat after so much playing and running. His son is looking up at him with his lower lip jutting out. He resembles so much like his father and he exactly got his gaze, except cuter. “You’re going to take a shower later, okay?” Jino nods vigorously. “Tired?”

“Nope.” He shakes his head. “Just wanted water.”

“Alright. But Daddy is about to come home and we’ll freshen up in about half an hour?”

“How long is half an hour?” He asks curiously.

“Hmm, Mummy will call you, okay?”

He hums. “Okay.” Then, he runs off to play again.

Ten minutes later, Mina’s eldest daughter walks back to the permanent picnic table at the Kim’s backyard.

Kela has her lips in a pout and her mother can’t help but laugh. “Playing with boys is too tiring.” She drawls and drops the side of her head flat on the table, making Mina laugh even more. “Mum, when will Daddy be back with Ria?”

“He just messaged me few minutes ago. He said they are on their way back. They shouldn’t take too long.”

“Good, because playing with Rio and Jino is energy draining.”

Mina’s second pregnancy turned out to be twins. They had no idea that they were twins until Mina was giving birth. They thought they were having a baby boy for their second child but it turns out that after Rio, there is a tiny baby girl waiting to see the world.

Kela’s mother pats her head as she titters. “Ria might be tired when they get back though.” Her husband has went to pick up Ria from her friend’s birthday at preschool. Rio was invited to go but he didn’t want to because it’s all girls and he likes it better to play with Jino.

“That’s okay.” The daughter answers softly. “I can help her sleep.” She stands up.

“Where are you going?”

“Toilet!” She squeaks and runs off.

Aeiyoung laughs gently and glances back at her best friend, “She’s so grown up. And really tall.”

“Ask her father.” Mina mutters playfully.

By the minute Kela comes back from the toilet arrives Chanyeol with Ria who is laying her head on her father’s shoulder, hugging his neck.The oldest daughter jogs towards her Dad and her sister.

Ria lifts her head up and urges her father to put her down. Chanyeol does so and they run together towards Mina with him watching closely behind. The youngest daughter greets her mother and Aeiyoung sweetly.

“As Ria grows older, she’s starting to look more and more like Chanyeol.” Aeiyoung comments as Kela calls her sister to sit next to her and eat some fruits. “With very feminine features.” She adds.

“I can say the same for Jino.” Chanyeol returns. “He’s looking more and more like Jongin everyday.”

“Yeah,” The lady laughs, hand over her belly. “He’s really a mini Jongin.”

“And I think that little one,” He points, “is going to look a lot like you.”

Aeiyoung smiles and looks at her baby bump. After nearly six years, she is in her second pregnancy. It was almost like a miracle for the couple. They didn’t plan it as Jongin didn’t really want to go to the same horror he did when she gave birth. But then when they found out she was pregnant again a little over five months ago, the couple were blessed and instead of reluctance, they accepted it wholeheartedly. They have gone through so much and they believe that even this won’t bring them done. It’s just another way to prove to no one and the world that they are one and that they will always be one.

“What do you think?” Mina asks vaguely. “Do you think it’s a girl or another boy?”

Aeiyoung hums. “I don’t know, actually.”

“Let’s see what Jino likes…” Chanyeol says and calls the mentioned young boy over. Him and his wife knows that they aren’t fond to find out the gender of their baby until Aeiyoung gives birth. When Jino is over, he asks, “Do you like a baby brother or a baby sister?”

“Baby sister!” Jino chirps and hugs her Mummy tightly.

The mother laughs and wipes his sweat dry with her hands. “Why a sister?”

“Because I’m Mummy’s prince and I want Daddy to have his princess too.” He answers thoughtfully. “Does Mummy want a princess too?”

“I’m happy with anything, baby.” Aeiyoung says. “For as long as your baby sibling is healthy, Mummy won’t ask for any more.”

"What about Daddy?”

“What about Daddy?” A voice repeats and Jino’s face lights up upon recognising who it is.

“Daddy!” He cheers and runs towards his father.

Jongin catches his son and kisses the top of his head affectionately. He hears an “Oh no" from his wife and he chuckles upon that because he doesn’t care, really. He continues to kiss his son on the cheek, making Jino push him away with his strength.

“Daddy, stop!” He giggles. “I haven’t washed up yet. Mum said I have to.”

“That’s okay! It means you played well and had fun!”

“You’re early.” Aeiyoung notes, talking to her husband. She sees him walking to her and snakes his hand around her waist to pull her close, leaving a gentle kiss on her temple.

“Yeah.” He answers his wife. “I wanted to come home earlier.” He then greets Chanyeol, Mina and their children before going on to ask about her. “How’s today? How are you?”

“I’m okay and the little one is okay too.”

Mina and Chanyeol gestures that they’ll go over to Rio with Ria and Kela as the young boy calls them over, pointing to something. Both Aeiyoung and Jongin bobs their head to that.

Jongin glances to his wife and smiles, clearly satisfied. And then, he feels his cheeks being pat by his son. “Why?”

“You haven’t answered my question yet.”

“What is it?” He asks patiently.

“If Daddy wants a boy or a girl?”

“Oh.” He chuckles. “That doesn’t matter. For as long as your little sibling and Mummy is okay.”

Jino pouts. “You and Mummy have the same answer.”

“Why? Do you want a baby sister?”

He nods. “Because I know Daddy misses my big sister.” He mumbles in a quiet tone, but both of his parents hear, enough to stun them.

Ever since the beginning, even after Aeiyoung and Jongin got married, the lady never excluded the latter’s late unborn daughter. She always included her in every part of their journey from letting her know that her father is about to have another child, to visiting her with Jino and all those little things. They always visit her whenever they have the opportunity and it’s something that Jongin greatly appreciates. He never expected that out of her, but she did it. It continues to astonish him. Little Jino is aware of his father’s daughter that didn’t make it to the world, and although he doesn’t know the full details, he is smart to know that it must’ve hurt his Daddy. Jino may only be five but he’s emotionally sensitive like her mother.

“I promise to I’ll take care of my baby sibling.” Jino vows with his little but genuine heart.

“Daddy will hold onto that.” Jongin responds.

“Jino, come on, now.” The mother calls. “We need to really wash you up this time. Your grandparents and Aunts are coming in a few hours.”

The boy jumps out of his father’s hold and slips his hand on his mother’s hand. “Is Uncle Sehun coming too?”

“Yes.” She nods and he cheers.


 

On the thirty ninth week of Aeiyoung’s pregnancy, she gives birth to a beautiful and angelic baby girl. And although she doesn’t have the chance to give a l and normal birth, she and Jongin are happy that this time, her delivery is considerably better than the first. The doctors have expected that it will be harder for her, given the older age, but they suppose the family are favoured with miracles— just like the first.

But unlike the first, Sehun is today present and not only with himself but with his own queen this time.

The past twelve years of their relationship may not have been perfect but to Jongin and Aeiyoung, they are willing to go through that again if in the end, it means that they will be together. The couple are ever ready to embark another adventure with their two children. Because no matter how rough, fast and rocky their road will be, with each other, in the end, together, they know they are undeniably found.


AUTHOR's NOTE:

Here we go with the epilogue! I wanted to add more but it will be draggy so I just did the highlights! (Even though it's still long, sorry)

It's been a pleasure to be with you all! Thank you for the support! I hope you liked it and share to me your thoughts and opinion about this. Hopefully, it wasn't too bad. I tried to finish it before I get all busy and crazy again. Hahaha!