Chapter Twenty Two

Undeniably Lost

Chapter Twenty Two

“I apologise we had to leave early.”

Aeiyoung hears his man talking to someone on the phone while he’s looking out to the skyline through his floor-to-ceiling glass tinted windows, in his bedroom. She stands quietly, letting him to talk to the person on the other line. By what she hears, it must be about the party they departed from earlier the night before. They were not even in the middle of the event when they left.

She hears him saying, “Everything is good now.” Jongin turns and sees his girlfriend smiling at him, wearing a soft gaze. He beckons her over and she takes light steps towards him. “We really just had to leave early. I hope you understand.” His gaze is pinned down on her when he mouths ‘It’s Suho’. That’s enough for her to understand that it’s him he’s talking to.

She smiles tightly but softly and remains silent, letting the male do his talk to the other. They talk for more, talking about usual business while she takes her time, admiring the day view outside.

She pouts at the thought that she has to leave in an hour. Friday is still a weekday after all and she still has the coming sports festival for her team to focus and give their full attention to. She doesn’t want to leave either and just wants to stay and spend their day together but she’s sure that Jongin has to go and work too.

She doesn’t notice that the man next to him, who has his arm around her hip, is already done with his call. She widens her eyes, slightly startled when he hears him call her name. “What’s wrong?”

She hums, “Just feeling lazy.”

“Then, how about don’t go to work today?” He suggests. A lot has happened too.

She shakes her head. “No, the event that was transferred to us is big. We can’t afford to fail. The first team who handled it gave up, despite the credits they could get if it’s a solid success. Handing over the project to our team only means that the company has a big trust on us and we can’t break the trust.”

“How far is it?”

“Four weeks away, next week. Things are getting pretty hectic.” She smiles tiredly.

She loves her work. It’s a lot of effort, could get stressing and exhausting but to her, it’s very fulfilling. There are just those days where she wants to relax and most of the time, it’s a point where she can’t really afford to.

“Call you're not going to work,” He kisses her temple, “even just for today.” She puckers her lips, considering it. With a small smirk, he urges, “Please?”

She gives him a look, “What about you? Don’t you have anything to attend to?”

“I do.” He admits. “But it’s just one important but quick meeting. I’ll take you with me if you decide to take the day off today.”

“Anything after that?”

“There is but I can leave that to Rheid. She’s someone I can trust with matters in J.KEH.” He reasons, “If anything else happens, it’s definite she’ll give me a call. So,” he pauses, analysing her countenance whether she’s decided to take the day off or not, “Are you…?”

She pats his biceps the same time giving a quiet chuckle, “I’ll give my team a call. You stay put.”

“Alright.” He bobs his head, letting her go.

She walks to the bedside table to get her phone, and dials Nara’s number. She catches his hopeful eyes and she can’t help but shake her head with a smile she tried her best to bite back. Within three rings, the call is answered and she snaps her attention to work.

As Aeiyoung is talking on the phone, Jongin doesn’t listen when he walks to his desk and takes a seat behind it. He puts his elbow over the desk, his chin on his palm, and tilts his head fondly watching her, tapping his fingers rhythmically on his cheek in a wave.

She has her hand on her hip, her back on him, as she talks. Then, slowly, she turns around and blinks her gaze to him. She smiles and ends the call.

“Consider yourself a lucky guy.” She jests.

Jongin chuckles and stands up. “I do.” He affirms. “I’ve been pretty lucky since I met you.” He makes her turn and cups her chin with his thumb and forefinger, giving a heavenly light kiss on the tip of her nose.

Aeiyoung smiles to it. The magic of his kisses and his touches always makes her feel warm and so loved— like she’s in heaven, surrounded with fluffy clouds.


 

The lady fixes her hair in front of the mirror as Jongin enters, fixing his cuff links, coming from his massive walk in wardrobe. A little too extravagant, if Aeiyoung is asked, but man has got money to spend.

His Ralph Lauren blue Woven Silk Tie is around his collars waiting to be tied and she just knows what he wants. “Making me do it when you perfectly can.” She says, starting to tie it to a perfect windsor knot.

“It’s different when you do it.”

“If you say so…” She mutters playfully. She looks at her man with his coat on, ready and looking professional as ever for business. “You’re ready.” She announces, and she is, too.

 

They are down at the garage and Aeiyoung about to go to the car where Gyo is standing when she notices Jongin walking to a different direction.

Realising he forgot to tell her, he informs, “Remember when I told you I’m going to take you with one of these sport cars?” She nods her head subtly. “Well, we’re going to do that now. Gyo will be following along.” He bobs his head towards one of the parked sports car.

She shifts her eyes from him to the direction he pointed at. Aeiyoung is not a big fan of cars, neither she is an expert of them but by looking at it, the logo is Ferrari, its colour is black matte and she can tell it’s expensive; very expensive. She never aspired to ride such cars in her entire life but she won’t deny, seeing it before her eyes with the thought of riding it somehow excites her.

She puts her gaze back on him and playfully raises an eyebrow, “Safe driver, are we?”

He smirks and leans to whisper to her ear, “Can’t let my queen get hurt.” She giggles, and with such reaction, he knows she’s ready. Holding her hand, he pulls her and helps her climb in until he, himself, is settled on the driver’s seat.

“Ready?”

Pressing her lips into a smile, failing to hide her igniting excitement and nervousness inside her at the same time. She takes a deep breath and says, “Yes, ready.”

He turns on the car, driving off, he sings, “Here we go.” Aeiyoung hides her blushing face and it only makes him shake his head affectionately.

Following behind is Gyo and after around thirty minutes, they arrive at an Italian establishment. As Jongin pulls over, he gets off, assisting the lady on the other side. The valet guy sits up, animated at the thought that he’ll get to drive an expensive sports car, only to be crushed when Gyo takes over, letting him know that he’ll be driving the SUV instead.

They walk through the doors of the lift, leading them to an exclusive room for his business meeting. Along the way, the man told her that they will be meeting Japanese investors. Aeiyoung actually furrowed her brows upon hearing that, she thought of the irony of meeting them in an European country establishment instead of their own country or at least, Asia’s. But then again, it’s not like it’s in the law that they will only be meeting at such places and people nowadays tend to do what’s out of typical.

With a waiter’s assistance, they are lead inside four walls where two men are waiting. If Aeiyoung isn’t wrong, one is in his forties and the other is on his fifties. Jongin greets them courteously, shaking each of their hands in proper etiquette and when he doesn’t forget to introduce her as his girlfriend, the lady takes a step forward and does the same, supporting her boyfriend, giving good impressions to them.

They take their own seats, Jongin, of course, sitting next to his girl, facing the two men. Over the months they’ve been together, this is the first time Aeiyoung will see what it’s like of Kim Jongin do business.

Truth to be told, he looks and feels completely different. When he’s doing business, he’s not that sweet boyfriend he is to her or that affectionate son he is to his parents or even that protective brother to his sisters. It’s all far from it.

CEO Kim Jongin is very different but it doesn’t take away how charming and handsome he looks. She’s going to admit that he does look y, speaks a lot of perfection in its own kind. Or maybe it’s just her. But, that’s impossible, she highly doubts that she is the only one seeing this, because his aura is taking over everywhere he's in. He’s a professional, bright and true businessman, that reminds her of the first time they met and talked to each other, also the first time he saved her from a potential big scene. But, that’s not even half of what she sees before her eyes now. It’s as though Jongin is wearing a mask and absolutely no one will think that last night, he was crying, that he was in his vulnerable state he’d never ever show anyone. Certainly, Aeiyoung is an exception.

Her trance breaks when food comes and shortly after, Gyo politely comes in and hands two black folders. Aeiyoung checks her phone to see how much time has passed and she is surprised. Jongin meant what he said when he said it’s going to be quick. It indeed was quick, quicker than she thought.

Jongin turns to her with a victorious smile. She knows it all went well, she didn’t feel uncertain about it anyway. What surprises her is when he reaches out to entwine his fingers on hers and rests it above his thigh. She tries to hide her blush.

“Have some bite. Try it, their cuisines are good.” He urges.

Aeiyoung grabs the fork and takes a little prawn to . She chews, letting it into her taste buds. She widens her eyes and covers as she speaks quietly, “It’s really good.”

He smirks proudly, “I told you.” Then, he turns his gaze back to his business associates, gesturing politely towards the dishes with his free hand, hearing him speak their language. She doesn’t understand but maybe, he’s inviting them to eat some of what he got prepared for them, before they conclude the appointment. In which, the two gentlemen didn’t refuse to.

Not long after that, the meeting finishes amiably. Aeiyoung is glad at how it turned out, maybe she isn’t a bad luck, after all. At least, not to him and honestly, that’s all she wants. She’s always thought of herself as someone who is either a bad luck or the one who brings it and she is happy she isn’t any of that today.

As they are left behind, she tugs his hand, getting him to look at him. “Where to, now?”

“Nothing extravagant.” He says. “Just you and me.” He smiles softly.

By the lobby, Aeiyoung leaves Jongin and Gyo to talk privately. She doesn't want to intrude so, she quietly stands aside, watching people come in and out of the all glass with silver metal panelling, three-wing revolving doors.

Her eyes are focused on her man and the other that she doesn’t notice she is being approached by another guy, in his black suit, looking older than her boyfriend by a few years but Jongin is a centimetre or two taller in height. He's wearing a charming. or rather, a flirty smile.

Being only a few steps away from her, she bows her head slightly, that looked more a nod in acknowledgement, out of civility. She wonders why she is being approached by him. She doesn’t remember seeing or encountering him before.

“Are you alone?”

With a polite smile, she shakes her head, answering quietly, “I’m not.”

“Oh, so, waiting for someone?” He assumes.

As she blinks, her gaze turns to subtle glare, getting an idea of his motive.

Before she can even answer, he hears him chuckle. Her eyebrow twitches. “A pretty girl like you shouldn’t be waiting.” Wearing a suggestive look, he says, “Do you want to come to with me? Just until whoever you’re waiting for arrives?”

Aeiyoung is about to refuse, when a voice behind him speaks up with stern tone, “I doubt there’s a need for that.” Her focus turns to the voice’s owner, though she knew from the sound it’s Jongin, she smiles relieved to see him with her eyes.

The other man chuckles, but it’s almost humourless as he scratches his eyebrow with his finger, looking down. He knows he's in trouble as he recognises it’s the CEO of J.KEH and obviously, he approached the wrong girl.

Rolling his eyes, Jongin walks to his girl and slips his hand around her waist and the stranger tries to explain himself, “I just thought she needed some company.”

But that, didn’t impress the boyfriend at all. He gives him a dark and authoritative look, causing for the other to clear his throat.

“I believe we got ourselves on the wrong foot.” He fixes his blazer and stands upright. Giving his hand out, he introduces himself. “Nice to meet you, Mr Kim.”

The CEO remains wordless but shakes the hand anyway.

“Is she…?”

Aeiyoung cuts him off and answers his unfinished question. “He’s my boyfriend.” She didn’t want to boast or be presumptuous but it needed to be done because she can feel how heated up her boyfriend is inside.

“Ah,” He nods his head. “I see.” With a sorry smile, he apologises, “I’m sorry for that. I didn’t know.”

“Well, now you do.” Jongin snaps, finally speaking. Aeiyoung rubs his back comforting, getting him to calm down. He turns to her and says, “Let’s go.”

She doesn’t say anything and comes with him willingly. When they are out of the building, it’s then when she calls him softly. “Are you mad?”

He doesn’t answer, his eyes are focusing straightahead.

“I’m sorry.” She apologises although she is really not sure what she did wrong. He’s mad and she doesn’t want him to be.

Hearing her apologetic tone and rueful eyes, he sighs. She doesn’t have anything to be sorry about, but here she is, doing that. “Why are you sorry?” He speaks. Her eyes lights up. His tone is not harsh or cold anymore. It’s soft and gentle.

“Because you’re mad.” She reasons. “I swear, I wasn’t flirting with him. I was going to stop him but you came already.”

“Aeiyoung,” He calls, silencing her. He takes her hands so she’ll turn her body to him. He smiles gently when he tucks strands of her hair behind her ear. “I’m not mad at you.”

Those words comfort her. She curves a smile and asks, “Are we good to go now?”

“Yes,” He nods. “We’re just waiting for Gyo and the car now. When he gets here, we’ll drive off. The rest of the day is ours.”

Her smiles grows wider. “Where are we going?”

“Nowhere.” He simply answers. “We’ll just drive and see where it’ll take us.”

She grins, failing to mask her excitement. Not that she wanted to, anyway.

Then, as they lock gazes of each other, staying in the position until they hear someone calling Jongin in his formal name. The couple turn their heads simultaneously, both smiling amiably.

“What a pleasant surprise to see you here.” Jongin greets as the male walks toward them. Then, he introduces the female next to her.

“Ah...” He responds.

Aeiyoung’s boyfriend turns to her. “He’s Reya’s fiancè.”

“Yang Rian.” He says, holding a hand out.

The lady takes it and returns, “Ji Aeiyoung.”

“So, what business do you have here?” Jongin asks.

“A meeting with a prospective investor.” He says. “I’m actually with someone but I believe you met him already.”

Jongin furrows his eyebrow.

Abjectly, he nods his head. “I apologise for my colleague’s behaviour.”

“It’s alright.” He says but not really towards the male from earlier’s behaviour but for his courtesy of apologising on his behalf. “Now, he’s not oblivious of the fact anymore. It's better he's informed.”

He chuckles, “I agree with you, Mr Kim.”

Cordially, he wishes, “I hope your meeting goes well.”

“I’m hoping the same.” He checks his wristwatch. “I believe I have to go now. I’m hoping to see more of you, Mr Kim.” He turns to the lady. “Ms Ji.”

She bobs her head. “Nice to meet you.”

“The same for me.” He says and tactfully, walks off.

When he’s back inside, Jongin looks at her. “Is everything okay?”

“Yeah, yeah, everything’s fine.” She assures. “Just letting you both have your own little talk.” She flushes, “I don’t really know him.”

“He’s a good guy.”

She hums, “That, I agree on.” When it comes to people, Aeiyoung has a trust on Jongin’s judgement. She believe he’s natural at reading people. Then, she mutters, “Compared to his companion...”

Jongin furrows at the reminder and before he can fall to a bad mood, his car pulls over and Gyo climbs out.

Aeiyoung, wanting him to forget about it, tugs his hand, “Let’s go.”

 

Just like what Jongin said, they are really just driving, cruising down the road, the highway, the expressway, getting lost even just for a day. The landscape revealing before her eyes as they go further is taking her breath away and her eyes are shining brightly. The man can’t help but smile at himself, feeling proud and just as happy as his girl, with his left hand resting on the steering wheel. If he knew she’d be this happy, he should’ve done it earlier.

 

After about two hours, they decide to pull over and take couple of photos together, some solo shots, to keep the memories alive and look back in the future with smiles on their faces. For every hour that passed, stopping at random spots, Aeiyoung is enjoying the spontaneous mood, happy that she made a right decision taking a day off from work today. Her mind is free, light and bright. It’s been long since she last felt it.

Then, driving for another hour, they decide to stop over at the side of the highway to look at the beautiful view of the white sand and the calm waves of the beach with its line seemingly meeting the blue, cloudless, and noon sky. They are leaning on the wooden barrier that borders the timber footbridge where people can walk on to go their way to the water.

She is leaning on his shoulder while his hand are around her hip with his head resting on hers. Her hands clinging on his biceps, she rubs her thumb softly over his skin, uttering the words “Thank you” tenderly.

Although the female can’t see it, she senses him curving his lips into a smile, as he replies. “All for you.”

Aeiyoung had no idea, neither she reckons she’d know how beautiful it is to go down the road, with no particular destination and just admiring the view, the journey. Now, they are before the natural creations of the world they’re living in, she realises how much all of it are so meaningful and maybe even more as she does these things with the person she loves wholeheartedly.

“Aeiyoung,” he calls and she turns, humming as an indication that she is listening. “I’m sorry.”

She looks at him confusedly, “Sorry for what?”

“For keeping it from you. I should’ve told you earlier.” He answers with full of guilt.

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” She then asks. He looks down. “Is it because you were scared?” She presumes. “You were scared that I won’t understand and I would leave you?”

Remorsefully, he nods.

She smiles albeit sadly. She’s not upset. At least, not for the fact he revealed. He had his doubts and upon hearing that, she’s hurt, nearly offended if she wasn’t mature enough to understand where he’s coming from. But it’s all forgiven, she already forgave him from the moment she was watching him sleep, thinking how much he had to go through. Even if he did not apologise, she’d forgive him nonetheless. It’s because she knows how hard it must’ve been for him. It wasn’t easy for him. It’s nothing petty and honestly, she won’t know what to do if she was in his shoes. Perhaps, if she can change things or if she wanted anything, it’s that, he’ll learn to trust her more just like he wants her with him.

“If I left, what would you have done?”

He sighs heavily at the thought, even thinking about it just makes it hard for him to breathe. “Aeiyoung…”

“Tell me.” She urges but far from demanding.

He’s done it. He imagined it so many times and every time he does, he finds himself devastated, and perhaps, that’s what kept him from being true to her. If Aeiyoung left him, he imagined himself lost, disoriented, angry and just mad. He wouldn’t know what to do.

Aeiyoung is his strength. She made him braver when he’s been so doubtful that he’ll find his own true happiness— who would have thought that genuine happiness would have a place for him after everything that happened?

But, when he met her, he found himself in a spot where he became hopeful despite of his many hold backs, his fears and worries. With her around, he always found himself brave, carrying the kind of courage, and taking the risk he never thought he would again. And if ever she leaves him…

He really doesn’t want to go there.

“Jongin…” She calls.

He exhales, closing his eyes and opens it, looking at her darkly, pained as he pictures it on his head to relay it to her. “I’d be everywhere, wrecked. I won’t be able to handle it. So I would do everything to take you back even if I have to stoop down to my lowest point.”

Her heart clenches. Breathing softly, she cups his face. “There’s no need for that because I didn’t leave, Jongin.” She reassures. “I won’t.”

And he’s thankful of that.

“I’ll stay until you don’t want me anymore.” For as long as Jongin loves and wants her in his life, she won’t leave. For as long as he’ll choose her, she’ll choose him too.

Upon hearing, he shakes his head emotionally. Of course, he’ll want her. He’ll always want her. “That won’t happen.”

She shrugs her shoulder, she’s can only pray for that. She brings his face to hers, pressing a kiss on his cheek. “Forgiven.” She says, “But listen to me, no more secrets, okay? Don’t hide anything from me. I’ll be really mad the next time, if you do.” Although there is playfulness in her tone, he knows she’s serious.

He nods his head. “Okay.”

After staring and melting into each other's eyes, the couple turns and notices how the sky has begun to darken, nearing sunset. The two take their time to enjoy the view for a while until, Jongin receives a phone call. His girlfriend gestures that it’s fine for him to take the call while she stands back.

As he take steps away, accepting the call, Aeiyoung hugs herself to keep warm. Being by the beach, the weather being generally cool, she feels colder than usual. She presses her lips as her eyes admire the combining colours of red and orange with a touch of purple the sky is giving. Just like back then, when they were stargazing at the top of her parent’s rooftop, she remembers the time when they witnessed the sunset in his yacht. So much has changed and happened since then, and yet the feeling of it remains the same, just more meaningful, especially for her.

She shifts back to reality from daze when she feels a warm fabric embrace her shoulders. She turns to the person next to her and smiles. Jongin took off his jacket for her.

“You do get cold easily, don’t you?” Over the months, more than half a year, he has noticed how sensitive Aeiyoung is when it comes to cold.

Abashed, she smiles and attempts to justify, “It’s just the weather being weird.”

He raises an eyebrow playfully, “Yeah?”

“Yeah.” She affirms, trying to get him convinced with her eyes.

The male chuckles, shaking his head. “Well, as much as I love to enjoy the view, we need to go.” He receives an inquiring look. “We’re going somewhere and if we stay longer,” He looks at his watch, “we’re really going to miss the sunset.”

“What do you mean?”

He bobs his head towards the direction where his car is parked, he gives his hand out. “The view is better there, I promise.”

Turns out… Kim Jongin doesn’t run out of ways to surprise his lady.

Feeling her heart thump a little harder inside her chest, she puts her hand on his, meeting palm to palm, instantly warming up her cool system. He holds on it securely as they stride to the vehicle. Assured she’s inside, he walks over and climbs in, driving to their destination. But this time, it’s not completely impromptu.

Fifteen minutes later, the sports car parks into an empty parking lot, as though it is exclusively for them. Aeiyoung is briefly confused as she looks around, wondering what they are doing in a local restaurant, and if they’re going to dine, how is the view better when they are inside the premises. She turns to her boyfriend who is only giving her a mysterious smile.

“What—” Before she can even ask, Jongin gets off the car and walks around to open the door for her. She honestly don’t know if she’s confused or amused. She climbs out and curiously questions, “What are we doing here?”

“When we’re inside, you’ll see.”

Aeiyoung frowns, but far from irritation, it’s more of confusion; because didn’t she say no more secrets anymore?

But what Jongin meant when he said inside is actually at the back yard of the restaurant. This time, secrets mean surprises.

Aeiyoung gasps, taking in the romantic set-up done in the place. There is no one around apart from them, the three staff present, ready to serve and assist, and a group of four people who are all with their musical instruments— keyboard, acoustic guitar, cajon and microphone. They are all wearing soft and warm smiles. And then, there’s the breathtaking landscape. She turns to her boyfriend and asks, “What this? When did you get all of this prepared?”

“Just after the meeting. I got it arranged through Gyo.” He explains vaguely and the phone call earlier was to let him know that everything is perfectly arranged and ready.

And she thought it was about business or something else they were talking about. It didn’t come to her mind that it's for her.

All the spots and places they stopped earlier before the beachside location is not planned. However, Jongin intentionally made a stop from where they were last in as it is close to the restaurant he got Gyo to reserve and he’s mentally thanking his driver for doing the sense of romance he had in his mind.

“Do you like it?” He asks.

“I do. A lot. Thank you.” She asks, lifting her heels to hug her man over his shoulders.

When she releases him, he pulls her to get a closer look to the faraway sunset. He turns to face her, he puts her arms around his neck and his hands on her waist.

“May I have this dance?” He asks softly.

No words are needed. Aeiyoung gives her consent in the sweetest kind. She will love to dance with him.

As though that’s a cue, the band starts to play a slow, sweet and romantic song, letting the couple be in their own world. Jongin smiles dreamily, “Watch the sunset for me.” Her gaze shifts to it and back at him.

Neither of them are saying anything, but the look in their eyes are more than confessions. He doesn’t have to see the sunset himself when he can already see the beauty of it by just looking at her glistening eyes.

And when the sun has already half disappeared into the horizon, Jongin cues to take the food in. Served with plates of dishes, a glass of white wine, with warm lights illuminating the place, Aeiyoung curves her lips a little more to the side.

“And I thought bringing me to The Aurora was the most romantic thing you’re going to do for me.”

He chuckles, shaking his head. Jongin is never the romantic type of guy, but with her around, he, himself, discovers that side of him he thought never existed.

“You keep surprising me, Jongin. I don’t know if I’ll ever get used to it.”

All her life, everything is planned. What she will do minute to minute, hour to hour and day to day. All her achievements are predicted and no surprise and generally, the surprises she went through her life until she met Jongin were all unpleasant. It only changed when he came, when he changed the reflection of surprises to her.

“Then, I’ll ask you not to be.” He says. “Especially when we are going to stay together for a long, long time.”


 

Back to Iveely into a new week, Aeiyoung’s event assistant knocks inside her office. She looks up attentively, waiting for what Nara has to say.

“Ms Ji, someone is looking for you.”

She leans back. She isn’t expecting to see anyone. “Who is it?”

“She says you don’t know her by name, but you’ll definitely recognise her by face.”

Aeiyoung frowns. “Tell her to wait by the lounge.”

Nara nods her head, when a figure intrudes before her. The lady behind the desk widens her eyes then, her breath hitches. It’s the woman who called her boyfriend a monster, the sister of the mother he’s supposed to have a child with.

“I believe we have a lot to talk about, don’t you think so, Ms Ji?”

She stands up and orders to assistant, “Nara, leave us. Don’t let anyone in until we’re finished. I’m strictly demanding this.”

The younger woman bows politely, understanding the demand she’s given. She closes the glass doors, leaving the two women alone.

“Would you like to take a seat?” She asks in a civilised manner.

“I won’t refuse.”

When she has sat down, Aeiyoung does the same and asks, subtly narrowing her eyes at her, “What are you doing here?” After what happened that night, she strongly believes she shouldn’t be here.

“Don’t you have anything to ask me?”

She barely moves and with that lack of reaction, it’s easy for the other to assume.

“He’s told you who I am, hasn’t he?”

Aeiyoung still doesn’t move, unwavering the gaze she’s holding against her. She still doesn’t know her intentions of coming here. Well, she can’t think of one, unless it’s her aim to ruin her boyfriend in her eyes.

“Ms Ji, there won’t be any conversation if you don’t talk to me.”

She smirks tightly. “Well, that’s because I don’t really have anything to say to you.” Neither is she interested to talking with her. “Though, I am sure that you didn’t come here with the luxury of time. I don’t have a lot of it so please, let’s stop going to circles and get to the point.” She says sternly.

Taken aback by fierceness she’s getting, drops in disbelief. But clenches it back, almost straightaway, remaining composure. “Your boyfriend killed my sister.” She declares. “And I’m not going to let him get away with it.”

Aeiyoung raises her eyebrow, but in a manner to challenge the other. She makes to a conclusion of her motive in coming here. “Even prosecution will disregard the accusation you made just now. If you’re not imbecile, I’m sure you know that.”

She’s aware of how offending her words came out. In fact, she is surprised she spoke in such manner. But if this makes it clear of her stance, then she isn’t going to take it back.

Seeing her speechless, Aeiyoung assumes, “And you do.” Because then, she won’t be here with such motive. Imbecile, she realises, isn’t the appropriate word. Rather, immaturity or perhaps, refusal of accepting what happened the year before. After all, it can be the fact that things happened to them too fast— too fast they were unable to take a grip, pushing them to put the blame on someone. That is Jongin.

Since he isn’t here to defend himself, she’s going to do it. Aeiyoung isn’t going to let her talk about him ludicrously to her again.

She takes a deep breath, and talks in a calm manner, “With all due respect, I advise you to leave my office. I believe your motives won’t take a toll on me or our relationship.”

“You’re making a mistake by staying with him.”

“And you’re wasting your time by bothering to come here.” She snaps.

The sister feels herself fume. “If he’s done it to my sister, he can do it to you too.”

“Warning well taken.” Aeiyoung responds. “But let me remind you that I am different from your sister— far, far different.” She gestures towards the door, looking at her with full authority. “Door’s that way. Find your way out.”

Raged, the lady stands up, glaring darkly at her. “You’re going to regret this.”

Aeiyoung bobs her shoulder, her eyebrow raised, seemingly unaffected by the threat. And just before Seomi’s sister leaves out the door, she says, “I’m just wondering…” The lady by the door stops. “If your sister is alive, do you think she would want this? Would she be even fond of the idea of your family doing this to the father of her daughter? Her daughter, who died with her?”

Not saying any word, she stomps out of the lady’s office with her jaw clenched.

As soon as her figure is gone out of Aeiyoung’s sight, her fierce soul leaves her body. Not in the world she imagined she’d be like that but it seems like with Jongin, she can be anything so she can protect him. He can’t hurt anymore and even if he will, if she has to call that fierce and strong soul of hers, she will so she can be the strong one whenever her boyfriend is weak.


AUTHOR's NOTE:

Like I said in my past author's note, there is so much that's going to happen but I don't intend to drag this fic for too long. I'm still not sure about how many chapters until the end but yeah, stay with me till then? Haha. If you think it's all good now and drama is gone, nope, nope, nope. Join the ride with me until the end as all this will lead both Jongin and Aeiyoung to....  you know. *winks*

See y'all in the next chapter.