Chapter Twenty Eight

Undeniably Lost

Chapter Twenty Eight 

It’s already nearly midnight when Jongin drives back home that night, and Aeiyoung’s eyes quickly gives up, exhausted. He understands. He can only imagine how long and exhausting this day have been for her. Hence, when they arrive back at the mansion, he doesn’t bother waking her up. Instead, he walks to the other side, and carries her securely off the seat, in his arms, in a bridal way, making sure her head does not hang down.

She moans sleepily, about to wake up when he places his full lips on her temple and hums, whispering, “Go to sleep, love. I’m here.”

Aeiyoung relaxes, and secures herself on her boyfriend’s shoulder by holding her forearms with each of her hand, as it is engulf around his neck. She is far too tired for anything. Her eyes remain close as Jongin’s scent that has always provided her comfort puts her back to sleep. Unconsciously, she snuggles herself more on the crook of her man’s neck, feeling more comfortable and at ease, so much of what she did not feel the entire day.

Jongin walks and enters the foyer, through the great room to find everyone there with worried faces. The mothers are about to speak up when he quickly shakes his head gently. They see the lady asleep in his arms and doesn’t utter a sound but rather bobs their head.

Grateful for their understanding, he turns his way back to his own room in the mansion, walking up the massive staircase. He strides inside his bedroom that he hasn’t slept in for so long but still find it clean, bright and somewhat lively as ever, like it wasn’t unoccupied for so many months.

He gently lays his lady over the mattress after putting the duvet aside. He takes off her shoes and makes sure that the pillow she’s laying on will be comfortable for her over the night. When he is satisfied, he covers her again with the duvet. He takes a seat at the edge beside her and caresses her face with his thumb as he cups it, before leaning in to press his lips on her forehead.

His lady… his beautiful lady. It hurts him he can’t protect her away from any suffering like this.

He stays there for a while, watching his angel sleep in a rather serene manner. He can do this all night, watch her breathe and sleep without any regrets. So, if ever nightmares decide to come and visit her, he will be there, awake, ready to fight them away.

After a while, he hears a knock on the door, causing him to turn his head towards it. It opens and sees his mother and Yeona, cautiously entering in, still wearing wary and worried faces.

Jongin stands up and smiles softly. He gives way for Aeiyoung’s mother to check up on her daughter, leaving the explaining later. Younji walks to her son’s side and rubs his arm in a comforting manner. She doesn’t know what happened or what is happening, but she will be there for her son— like always.

“I think Sehun is due to leave, son. It’s getting late.”

The male nods and smiles at Yeona before heading out of the room. Younji pats his son on the shoulder and assures him that they will look after the young lady.

Making his way back down to the great room. He finds his father talking to Jeonho while the three young ones are together, with Sehun telling them that he has to leave. When the tall male is done, he goes and says his goodbye to the older males politely, noticing his best friend midway.

Jongin bobs his head once, enough for the other to understand that he can continue what he’s doing and they will talk when he’s finished. He is then approached by Jaein, who has also been worried since they saw them leave in such mood hours ago. She is followed by Sera, who is in the same state as her but just isn’t vocal about it. The expression in her face gives it all.

“Is Aeiyoung okay? Are you guys okay?” Jaein asks worriedly.

The older brother beckons his younger sister to come closer so he can hug her. Jaein is quick to give in, wrapping her arms around his middle as his one arm is around her shoulders, squeezing her upper arm in assurance. He can see and feel how worried they are for them, particularly for her. He is talking to the two of them when he answers gently, “Aeiyoung is okay. We just had to talk away from everyone. The day has been really exhausting and stressful for her.” He follows, “We are okay. So don’t worry much, hm?”

Jaein looks up, her chin on his chest. “Really?”

He nods, smiling reassuringly as he looks at her.“Did we worry you all?”

This time, it’s Sera who answers, having her arms crossed with both of her hands on her elbows. “Your gaze looked unreadable while Aeiyoung looked so sad and vulnerable. It’s enough to make us all worry.”

“We’re okay.” He repeats. “We’ll be okay.” Jongin will make it so things will be okay.

The older sister nods, trusting her brother’s words. Only when Jongin feels that Jaein has let go of the hug, he notices that Sehun is approaching them. She takes a step back, standing beside Sera to leave the two alone. They walk back to the couches, finally able to breathe in relief.

Knowing each other more than brothers would, Jongin knows Sehun has an idea and curiosity is quick to spark up on him. The latter looks worried but there is understanding in his gaze.

“How’s Aeiyoung?” He’s the first to ask.

They start to stroll out as the other answers, “She’s okay. She’s asleep. We’ll stay overnight here.”

Sehun nods his head.

“Do you know something?” Jongin asks.

The tall male shakes his head as a response. “But she was a little strange earlier. She asked questions that perhaps relate to what is going on between you two right now.”

“What did she ask about?”

“About my future plans when I find my own queen. You know that, don’t you?”

And Jongin, indeed, does. It’s to have his own family, a child or children of his own.

“She asked if I imagine myself as a father and you know, I do. It came to me couple of times.” He adds, “She’s mentioned about her insecurities too— about not being enough for the love you’re giving her.” He looks at him when he says, “You and I both know that she is.” He pauses, “She’s enough for you. She’s all that matters, all you need.”

“Did you tell her that?”

“I did.” He answers. “But my words are only words until she hears it directly from you.”

The tan male agrees. Sehun is sure his good friend— no, scratch that. Sehun is sure his good brother knows that.

“Did you get to know why she’s feeling like that?”

Jongin nods.

With that, that is more than enough. Sehun thinks there is no need for him to know. It is a matter between Jongin and Aeiyoung and he is certain that they are both mature to handle and solve whatever it may be. As he believes that the best start to resolve a problem is to know what it is, and they do.

By the time they reach outside, Jongin tells him to drive back safely, in which the other is quick to assure.

“I’ll call you.” Jongin says.

“Sure.” Sehun nods and unlocks his car.

The male doesn’t move from his spot until his best-friend has driven out of the big gates and out of the range of his sight.

He then walks back inside where his mother and Aeiyoung’s are already back at the great room while Sera and Jaein have left the area. Jongin knows he has some explaining to do and he can’t keep them in the dark, causing them to worry more than they should. Surely, this isn’t what his girlfriend would want. So he explains, although vaguely because if anything, they should talk about this full on with Aeiyoung by his side. It’s a difficult job but he tries his best because he doesn’t want to be unfair to anyone, especially to the girl he loves. And above than explaining what really the problem is, he assures both couples who are concerned that Aeiyoung is okay and they are okay— enough to take away the worry in their hearts.

 

“Auntie, Uncle, are you sure? Please stay over the night. It’s already late.” Jongin says, trying to persuade them to stay.

“We would love to, dear.” Yeona says. “But the school has an early assembly tomorrow and I need to be there.” She explains. “Please update us on Aeiyoung.”

“Of course, Auntie, I will.”

“Thank you, son.”

Jongin turns to the father. “Take care of my princess now. I’ll leave her to your hands.” Jeonho says, fully trusting his daughter’s boyfriend.

“I will do my best.”

The older man pats his shoulder. “I’m certain you will. Now, don’t see us out. Go and be with Aeiyoung. I don’t think she would like to wake up without you by her side. Besides, it’s been a long night for you too.” His head tips towards where his parents are standing aside. “Younji and Jeho will see us out.”

Jongin turns to his parents and sees them nod. “Okay, then. Good night and please be safe on your way back, Auntie, Uncle.”

They don’t doubt and are certain of that. Everything has already been arranged just like how they came here— the ride, the helicopter; everything.

He walks towards his parents as he greets them a good night before walking back up, back to Aeiyoung, his love.

He enters the bedroom and shuts the door behind him. His eyes are not leaving the sleeping figure. He slips under the duvet, close to her.

Jongin admits it. He’s tired but probably not as exhausted as his girlfriend is, knowing what she’s been throughout the day. So, he stays up more for a bit. He wants to. He wants to watch her sleep and take the time to appreciate her beautiful face. After brushing all the strands of her hair that is on her face away, his fingers trail the side of her face with loving eyes. His girl has been so strong. Aeiyoung is so strong— stronger than she thinks she is.

An affectionate smile curls up his lips, proud of his girl. But at the same time, it worries him because usually, stronger things destroy greater and he doesn’t want her to break. He’ll do anything for that not to happen.

Jongin leans in closer, feeling her breath on his lips, urging him to close his eyes and seal their lips with a tender kiss. Then, he cradles her head on his arm, making it a pillow for her and hugs her closer. She is pressed onto her chest, having Jongin protecting his great treasure.

Kissing the top of her head, he whispers words of affection that he will never get tired of saying. And before completely falling to sleep, Jongin cuddles her closer, tighter and more intimate, not intending to let her go for the night or even… forever. Even it means, it’s selfish. He can’t imagine himself with another woman or her with another man. No. Just no. He wants to be the only man for Aeiyoung. He wants to be the only man who will love, care and make Aeiyoung happy, no matter what the world throws at them.

As soon as he heard those words that Aeiyoung broke out to him, the first emotion that came to him was shock, then he was disheartened but only for a brief moment. Sure, the sound of having a family with Aeiyoung is like good music to his ears but he won’t exchange the love of his life for that or simply for anything.

He loves Aeiyoung for who she is and what she can give to him. It’s enough. And like a million times said, she is enough to him. He doesn’t love her for the idea that she will give him a family. He loves her because she is Aeiyoung. Simply put into fewer words, Jongin just needs her.

Sure, he wants to have kids. He wants to have a family like how his parents managed to build despite the harsh past they all went through. He wants to have kids who he will take care and love of. But if it can’t be with Aeiyoung then he is willing to drop and forget all about the idea. He only dreamed of it because she is in his life. But if she isn’t, if she couldn’t, if it will risk her life, it will mean he’ll lose her, then no. Jongin is not taking any of that.

The next morning, the male wakes up. He groans sleepily and blinks his eyes before getting a clear vision. He looks down and catches Aeiyoung looking up at him through her beautiful lashes, watching him sleep.

“Morning…” She greets.

Seeing how her eyes are still blue and sad, he feels his heart break. “Good morning, love.” He says as a response, his voice hoarse and gruff.

At that moment, he makes a vow to himself that this morning won’t end until this gaze she’s currently wearing leaves her.

The lady leans back slightly to get a full view of her man’s face. Her man… She still can’t believe they are still together, right here, right now. This is not how she imagined things would be. But along with that, she wonders if things will remain or just something… temporary.

“Your parents left last night.” He informs.

“Did they worry a lot about me?”

He shakes his head, “They did. But not for long, I assured them you are okay.”

“Thank you.”

He kisses her forehead. “Anything for you.”

“But we need to talk about us.” She prompts.

“There is not a lot to talk about, Aeiyoung. I meant what I said last night.” He is firm when he says, “I don’t have plans of letting you go. Unless you honestly tell me that you’ll be happy and better off without me. Then okay, I’ll let you go. Even if it would hurt me so much.” So much, he could die.

“But…”

“Look, Aeiyoung.” He looks deeper at her orbs as he continues, “I only dreamed of having kids and having a family of my own because there is you. The thought excited me because there is you. And if pursuing and holding so much on that idea will cause me to lose you, then I’m not going to risk it. I can’t be happy with someone else, Aeiyoung. You can’t expect me to be happy with someone else, and start a family with whoever she may be. I don’t want anything if it’s not with you.”

Aeiyoung is looking back straight at him and she sees nothing in his eyes but sincerity.

“Are you still thinking of leaving me?” He asks. “Are you going to leave me?”

Anxiety and apprehension blows up inside him as he waits for her to answer. Last night, when he begged not to leave him, he knew how she wanted to. The look in her eyes said so.

Jongin was clearly aware it was not because she doesn’t love him or that, she doesn’t want to be with him anymore. But she just feels like it’s the best she could do to make things better for him. She is willing to sacrifice happiness for his but if only she understands, she is his happiness. She’ll always be his happiness.

So in the end, before ending back to the mansion, Jongin carried her to the front seat and buckled her up. He saw how exhausted his girl was and more than anything, she needed rest.

They didn’t talk a lot more about it— nothing at all— as he drove back. The feelings reflected the ambiance. Aeiyoung was silent and he doesn’t want to push anything. But Jongin is clear at what he wanted to happen: Aeiyoung will stay with him and he won’t let her go. Not because of this.

“I don’t want to.” She whispers, after what seems so long, shaking her head in aversion of the idea. She really doesn’t want to leave him. She just feels she needs to.

He hums, contended. He kisses her lids as her eyes are closed. “Good, because I don’t want you to.” He adds carefully as she opens her eyes, “Whatever you found out, it doesn’t change my love for you. And there is a bright side, your general health is okay. Your immune system can be improved.”

For the first time since the past day, Aeiyoung genuinely smiles.

“You’re going to be with me for a long, long time, sweetheart.”

“Forever.” She affirms. She hugs him close, “I’m sorry, Jongin.”

“Don’t be.” He says and repeats after a good few seconds, “Don’t be.”

Aeiyoung didn’t choose this situation and it breaks his heart to see she’s suffering and breaking from this. But he can’t just let her go.

Thinking of living a day without Aeiyoung is already tormenting and Jongin doesn’t want to live that reality. His lady is his lifeline. She gave him a purpose, a reason to live life. Ever since she came, he wasn’t just existing anymore. He’s actually living. He felt and feels needed but at the same time, this lady, this very beautiful lady he’s with, is someone he can breakdown to. She’s someone he can be vulnerable and miserable with. There is no need to put on a mask and fake himself. With Aeiyoung, Jongin feels he can be himself— the real him. He can rely on her as much as she can rely on him. They are both each other’s pillar of strength and he is not willing to lose her even just for a day or even just by a second. It’s never an option. He’s not going to let that happen. No way. He isn’t going to trade her for anything better because frankly, there is nothing, no one ever better than Aeiyoung. His Aeiyoung— his saviour, his love, his angel, his anchor, his talisman, just simply… his everything.

 

Looking at the time, they still have an hour and a little over until breakfast. It gives them plenty of time to be alone together before being out to their own worlds again.

The couple decides to take a morning bath together. They are in the big, massive white modern bathtub, Aeiyoung over him, his arms around hers. Her nose is trailing his jaw before she kisses it tenderly.

“Jongin…” She calls and he hums, letting her know that she is listening. “I want you to have kids.” She states. “I want us to have kids. No matter how difficult the whole process will be.”

“But Aeiyoung, you told me yourself, it’s going to be risky.”

“But I want to do it.” She insists. “I want your dream for us to come true. Please.”

This is a thought she’s been thinking of since she got up from the bed or maybe, even before that when she felt that her boyfriend is not even considering the idea of being apart from each other. And so, the more and more she thinks about it, the greater she feels determined and certain. Jongin is so firm in not wanting to break up and though she feels this is a tough decision he made, she knows she’s got to do something. He already gave so much for her and if this, is the most she can give then she’ll go for it. They will try the hardest, all the means. She’ll bear his child and give what her dear love, her dear man deserves.

“What if I lose you in the process?” He questions. The mere thought is scaring him. “I won’t ever be ready to lose you, Aeiyoung.” When will she understand this?

“Then, our child is going to make it. If ever I leave and I won’t make it, our child will. But until that hasn’t come before us yet, I want us to try.” She assures, “I will be fine, Jongin. I will fight and I won’t give up.” She furthers, “Wasn’t it you who told me not to worry about it until it is in front of us?”

Jongin is surprised at the determination and will he sees in Aeiyoung’s eyes. And yes, he remembers, he was the one who keeps on insisting that to Aeiyoung. He even remembers how she said that Mina is doing the same. But then it’s Aeiyoung they’re talking about, his Aeiyoung. It’s her they are talking about and it is his job to worry for anything that is going to happen to her, anything that involves her. He wants to worry about her and he can’t help it. He realises that this girl, this very lady in his arms, is his weakness. He can be very brave for her but at the same time, it’s her he can be very weak for.

“Please?” She pleads. “Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine. I’m only making you promise that we will try once we get married, if that happens.” Jongin is about to react on that when she continues, not even giving him any opportunity to. “You promised me you’ll take care of me, remember?”

“I do.” He says. “I did promise to take care of you.” And he will keep it.

“Please?” Her eyes are so earnest, how can he say no.

“Okay.” He gives in.

Her eyes light up, he can barely stop himself from smiling at the sight despite the reluctance he feels inside. “Really?”

He nods. “Yes.” But if his girl is happy, then it’s all that matters.

Aeiyoung beams, happy and delighted. She’s so happy she leans in to kiss her boyfriend on the lips. For once, she can do something for him. She kisses him deep, passionate yet gentle and full of love. Jongin returns the kiss in the same manner but more. Pulling away before they run out of breath, the couple smiles sweetly at each other with their foreheads touching and tips of their noses brushing.

They stay for a little more time before Jongin decides to get up and take a shower. The lady stays behind for a bit, until he finishes.

Finished, she comes out of the bathroom, wrapped in a bathrobe and sees her man buttoning up his white dress shirt as a stunning lace, midi white dress is laid out on the bed.

Momentarily stunned, she gives Jongin a questioning look and he smirks slightly, explaining, “I got Jaein to get you a dress and she got one that would look perfect on you.”

“Oh my gosh.”

“It’s pretty helpful to have a sister who does fashion. Lucky she chose to study it.” He adds, “She also brought new undies for you to choose from. It’s on that paper bag.” He bobs his head towards the floor where the metallic silver paper pag is placed.

It’s only then when she looks down to see that there is a pair of white heels too.

“Your little sister likes to go all out, huh?”

Jongin only shrugs his shoulders. “It’s Jaein.”

There is a smile on her face when she says, “Okay, I’ll get ready.” She picks up the dress, shoes and the bag.

“Please, hurry.” The male says, making the lady frown in slight confusion. “I’m hungry.” He reasons.

She chuckles. “Okay.”

And just like Aeiyoung said, she doesn’t take long preparing. Her hair isn’t completely dry but it’s okay. She looks presentable. She is onto her last step, applying her lip gloss when Jongin comes behind her and smiles.

“You look gorgeous.” He compliments but feels it’s rather an understatement for how she’s looking before his eyes.

“Thank you.” She returns the compliment as she says, “You look dashing as ever, Mr Kim.”

“I have to be so my girl will keep falling for me and I’ll be there, ready to catch.”

Aeiyoung can barely hide her blush. “Stop it~.”

“And here…” Jongin says, revealing a necklace from his back pocket and wears it on her.

The lady gasps. The design of the pendant is stunning but simple and meaningful. It is two hearts, entwined together, one is pure silver while the other is filled with diamonds. Behind it are letters of A and J engraved with an infinity symbol in between.

“I’m not a very good designer but I tried my best.” He says. “Do you like it?”

Aeiyoung is beyond stunned. “You designed this?”

He hums, slightly embarrassed. He asks again, “Do you like it?”

“I love it.” She says honestly. “Thank you.”

He is relieved. All the effort he put into designing it is so worth it. “I also have this.” He adds, revealing a charm bracelet. “I can’t leave your wrist empty.” He grabs her wrist and wears it on her.

“Jongin…” She calls. “There’s no need for this. You know, I’ve never been fond of material things.”

“I know. But I want to give them to you.” He says gently. “You deserve them. And let me do this. It’s my little language of expressing my love for you.”

She doesn’t say anything to that. Instead, she smiles and that is more than enough words.

“Ready to go?”

She chortles. “Okay, let’s go. I know you're starving and your family is waiting for us too.”

They are on their way down to the dining area, wherein the butler bows and greets the couple upon seeing them.

Before reaching there, Aeiyoung asks, “Did you tell them?”

“Tell what?” Jongin asks absentmindedly until he remembers, “No, I didn’t. I didn’t want to tell them until we’re both present.”

“Fair enough. Thank you for being so considerate.”

“The least I want is to upset you.”

“That can’t be helped.” She says. “You sometimes unnecessarily go over the board for me.” Jongin spoils her too much of what she deserves, it sometimes upsets her.

Jongin chuckles, “Well, yes.” He agrees. “That can’t be helped. Oh, right. Give your parents a call later. I think they would be glad to hear from you.”

“Later?” Her eyebrows knit slightly. “Why later?”

“Your mother mentioned that her school has an important early assembly this morning and it would probably won’t ‘till a little later.” He adds. “I called your father while you were showering. He’s glad you’re okay.”

Aeiyoung smiles gratefully and seeing that, Jongin wants to clutch her elbow to put her in halt and kiss her but it’s too late for that as they enter the dining area.

Jaein chirps brightly— too brightly for the morning. Younji and Jeho chuckles at that, watching her hurriedly walking towards them.

“I knew the dress would look stunning on you!” She exclaims, looking at her brother’s girlfriend from head to toe.

Before the latter can say anything, Jongin utters, “Studying fashion did you real good, I must say.”

“Of course, it did!” She says with much pride. “So, are you willing to invest for my fashion line?” she asks, taking the risk.

“Until you send me a proper proposal, that’s the only time I’ll consider it.” He says. “We’ll see from there if it’s worth investing or not.” He adds, “Send it through email and I’ll read over it or call Reya to set an appointment.”

Although the tone he’s using is serious and very business-like, Jongin is joking. There’s a slight hint of mischievous look in his gaze. Of course, he’ll invest but he’ll get her to make a proposal worthy for an investment. He wants his sister to succeed at what she’s passionate about. But she needs to go through the process, it’s not about making things hard for her. It’s actually going to make things easier for her— it’s going to benefit her in the long run. She would know how to deal and do business along with fashion in the future. Being both a brother and successful entrepreneur, this is what he has to do to help his precious younger sister.

The youngest lady can’t help but scowl at her brother’s words. Okay, maybe sometimes, she hates him, but only by a little bit, for being too much of a good businessman. Gosh, he spares no one.

Aeiyoung beams. She consoles her by saying, “That’s okay.” She covers the view of from her boyfriend and whispers audibly, “I can help you with that. Just give me a call.”

Jaein breaks to a grin. “I knew it! Aeiyoung’s the best!” She cheers and walks to her future sister-in-law’s side and slings her arm around hers, snatching her away from Jongin. “Sorry, brother! She’ll be sitting with me for breakfast.”

Jongin frowns, and pouts almost like a little child but doesn’t saying to that as he sees his girl giggling and smiling brightly. Instead, he shakes his head fondly, his hand on his hips as he walks to the seat next to his mother’s.

Watching that seen, Sera smirks while Jeho and Younji can’t help but chuckle as they glance at each other. It’s no doubt that Aeiyoung is indeed part of their family now and they are glad, to have this beautiful, bright and gorgeous lady to be part of their family.

The male takes a seat next to his mother, welcomed with a squeeze in the thigh as he sits down. Younji gives his son a look she’s confident he’ll comprehend, saying something along the lines I’m glad she’s okay and she’s better through her gaze. Jongin smiles at that and glances at his girlfriend across the table who is currently talking to his sisters. He gives his mother a nod and begins the first meal of the day.

Through that however, the male keeps an eye close to Aeiyoung. He wants to make sure that she is eating well. Now that he thinks about it, no wonder her health is so fragile. Given her meal habits, the small amount of intakes, her habit of overworking and indulging herself with stress of work, her lack of sleep— He sighs. Aeiyoung really needs to look after herself more and though she’s doing it, she’s only doing it on a moderate manner. Jongin wants her well. He really just— he can’t lose her. The thought of it is enough to crumble his world and for once, he doesn’t want his thoughts to be a reality.

“Son.” Jeho calls, noticing how overly worried his son is over the young beautiful lady.

Jongin turns.

“It’s okay to take your eyes off your girl and eat.She’ll be there.”

The younger male sighs and glances at Aeiyoung, who now has her eyes at him.

“He finds Aeiyong so stunning, he can’t take his eyes off her. Like she’s going to pop and vanish.” Jaein comments in a complete teasing manner and receives a soft glare from her brother, because clearly the reason is deeper and nothing like that, but she merely shrugs it off as she rolls her eyes.

“Jaein.” The mother calls sternly, slightly reprimanding, almost a warning. She knows her daughter is joking and meant no harm or such, but she knows how things are vulnerable for her son and his girlfriend. She doesn’t know the full details yet but from the look of things, she can tell how sensitive the matters are.

“Okay.” The youngest lass lowers her head down. “I’m sorry.”

Wanting to dissipate the tension, Jongin utters, “I just want to make sure she’s eating her food well.”

“I am.” Aeiyoung answers. “But you need to eat your breakfast well, too.”

“I’m going to. Just making sure.”

She hums.

With that, Sera turns and subtly studies her brother’s girlfriend. Something is wrong, she can tell, all as a person, a sister and as a doctor. She knows that ever since Jongin and Aeiyoung have been together, her safety and well being has always been the male’s priority but the look and instinct her guts are telling, there is something more and she wants to knowㅡ not to pry or be nosy but simply wanting to help.

The breakfast finishes on a better and lighter note. Younji is off to have a word with her youngest daughter while Aeiyoung is busy talking with Jeho, the oldest sister takes the chance to approach her brother.

“Are you okay?” She asks.

Jongin turns and frowns at the sudden question. Despite being confused, he answers, “Yeah… I’m fine.”

Sera nods. She thought so. So, she follows, “Well, is Aeiyoung okay?”

It takes a second and a half for Jongin to answer. “Yes, yeah. She’s okay.”

“Jongin.” She calls sternly. She knows her brother.

“I’ll tell you the details at another time. It’s not easy to say it in this manner.” He explains.

“You better. I’m still your older sister and you’re my only brother. Don’t hesitate to let me help you. Ever.”

“I’ll keep that in mind, Sera.”

“Do I have to call your personal assistant to set an appointment to talk to you?” She asks, but more of a sarcasm and playfulness.

Jongin chuckles. “No. I’ll have that arranged myself.”


AUTHOR's NOTE:

I just want to say I admire both Aeiyoung's and Jongin's character, lol. And I guess, look forward (or maybe not) at how these two would go from here. Proofreading will be done tomorrow, hopefully. Speaking of which, I reread some of the chapters here, and oh my gosh, my errors and typos are f***ing ridiculous. I'll try to change and update them on later note. Perhaps when I have completed this fic. But as long as you get the sense out of it, then that will do for the time being. I'm a horrible writer, lol. Pls help.

And, I just want to thank everyone who gave me messages of support. It really means a lot to me. Thank you.